00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vinilad just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

if i was an atheist...

2,265 Views | 35 Replies

if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:16:20

I would lie, cheat and steal without any regret. I wouldn’t care what is wrong and right; I would do whatever I please without worrying about the consequences.

Most atheists, I know, are nice and boring. Why?!? You only have 1 life to live, might as well live an exciting one, rather then a dull one.

am i right, or am i missing something.

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:17:14

So your saying if you do something wrong, only god can punish you...?

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:17:51

At 1/8/07 07:17 PM, KillMoochie wrote: So your saying if you do something wrong, only god can punish you...?

eventually, yes

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:18:35

Atheists on the most part understand that morals are good for society, and understand what happens in chaos.

They just don't believe an incompetent spooky father figure who doesn't give a shit judges us after we die.

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:20:06

What is it with all these frekin' religous threds?

Did you like it? It was hot for me too...

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:20:42

At 1/8/07 07:18 PM, Jose wrote: Atheists on the most part understand that morals are good for society, and understand what happens in chaos.

They just don't believe an incompetent spooky father figure who doesn't give a shit judges us after we die.

then life would be really boring

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:22:39

At 1/8/07 07:20 PM, CourtesyFlush wrote:

It is.

You'd know that if you supported yourself.

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:22:48

At 1/8/07 07:16 PM, CourtesyFlush wrote:
am i right, or am i missing something.

you're missing alot...please just go kill yourself.

down on the upside

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:23:42

Lying, cheating, and stealing aren't really that fun anyways.
I prefer roller coasters, video games, drugs, music, and sex.
Seriously though, not believing in a god isn't justification for mercilessly and repeatedly breaking the law.

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:24:58

Dude, its alot funner to steal, like, cheat and all that shit, without worry about some anal-retentative dude up in the sky. 'Cause you get a good ass-kicking from your parents.

www.unseenyouth.wordpress.com, check out my blog.

BBS Signature

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:25:02

This is a great topic to discuss. On New Year's Eve, my uncle, aunt, dad, and I were driving to Charlotte and on the way we had a long, intelligent discussion about this.

Do atheists have a right/wrong? I feel like I owe goodness not only to my god, but to others around me. I mean, I don't ever think, hey, I hate that guy. I will go kick him in the nuts. Oh wait! I shouldn't do that because it's a sin and God will smite me. I think, that's mean, so I shouldn't do that. Right and wrong, all our morals, aren't owed just to God. They are owed to ourselves, and other people. An atheist still has morals. They can still look at drugs and violence and say BAD. They just don't feel like they owe it to God. They aren't worried about not going to heaven. Their morals come from within themselves. Being "good" makes us feel good about ourselves.

Also, you can't say their aren't consequences for all those things you listed.

x

BBS Signature

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:36:34

At 1/8/07 07:25 PM, SeeInTheDark wrote:

thats one view.
the thing is, i read this book, where the main characther is atheist and immoral, because he does whatever he pleases, whether its right or wrong. he doesnt feel like he owes anyone.

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:38:20

I mean, I don't ever think, hey, I hate that guy. I will go kick him in the nuts. Oh wait! I shouldn't do that because it's a sin and God will smite me. I think, that's mean, so I shouldn't

No most of the time we don't do it cos' that guy might fight back and kick the crap out of you ^_^

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:38:59

At 1/8/07 07:36 PM, CourtesyFlush wrote:
thats one view.
the thing is, i read this book, where the main characther is atheist and immoral, because he does whatever he pleases, whether its right or wrong. he doesnt feel like he owes anyone.

I think that would be a very solitary life. If you do wrong to so many of the people around you, you will end up alone and/or in prison. I choose to live a life with morals.

You know, if you would rather not be good to your God, you can be atheist. ;)

x

BBS Signature

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:39:21

At 1/8/07 07:36 PM, CourtesyFlush wrote:
thats one view.

That's one book. I personally don't steal, well i lie, but everyone does, and cheat, it depends, not on my girlfriend. Im an atheist, and like that other guy said about the kicking the guy in the nuts is true.

As an atheist, i respect everyones opinion, beliefs and religions. Because to me, everyone is different.

In that other post, i was just being a dumbass ^^

www.unseenyouth.wordpress.com, check out my blog.

BBS Signature

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:40:07

Yes, but what about mortel punishment, that's the punishment they fear.

There is a war going on in you're mind. People and ideas all competing for you're thoughts. And if you're thinking, you're winning.

BBS Signature

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:40:32

At 1/8/07 07:22 PM, Jose wrote:
At 1/8/07 07:20 PM, CourtesyFlush wrote:
It is.

You'd know that if you supported yourself.

Yes, besides I think you forgot about something called Court and Jail if you want to have Bubba whos 6 foot 6 and 275 lbs of muscles rape you in the ass everyday then you steal and Cheat and Murder without regret after a raping you will.

And don't think it wouldn't happen to because it could

Thanks to Kalhua for creating my awesome sig!

BBS Signature

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:43:06

Just because you're not being ruled by the terror of fearing that God will punish you (which is part of how the Abrahamic religions became successful) doesn't mean you can't enjoy being nice. :) But I'm agnostic so I'm not so sure of myself; instead, I wonder whether there's a god just like Sulu wonders what's in this cup here.

if i was an atheist...

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:52:06

At 1/8/07 07:38 PM, SeeInTheDark wrote:
I think that would be a very solitary life. If you do wrong to so many of the people around you, you will end up alone and/or in prison. I choose to live a life with morals.

You know, if you would rather not be good to your God, you can be atheist. ;)

thats right. he ended up in prison.

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:54:16

At 1/8/07 07:39 PM, Resist-Refuse wrote:

As an atheist, i respect everyones opinion, beliefs and religions. Because to me, everyone is different.

In that other post, i was just being a dumbass ^^

would you lie, cheat steal, if you knew no one would find out?

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 19:58:42

At 1/8/07 07:54 PM, CourtesyFlush wrote: would you lie, cheat steal, if you knew no one would find out?

Personally, I think I would, some. But living an entire life like that, even if no one knew, I would still feel bad. I think that doing right sort of keeps us sane and healthy mentally. We may get a thrill from breaking the rules and being able to do our own thing, but that will eventually wear off into nothing but shame. I lie, anyways.

Oh Mom, I'm so sick. I can't go to school!

x

BBS Signature

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 20:29:38

At 1/8/07 07:58 PM, SeeInTheDark wrote:
At 1/8/07 07:54 PM, CourtesyFlush wrote: would you lie, cheat steal, if you knew no one would find out?
Personally, I think I would, some. But living an entire life like that, even if no one knew, I would still feel bad. I think that doing right sort of keeps us sane and healthy mentally. We may get a thrill from breaking the rules and being able to do our own thing, but that will eventually wear off into nothing but shame. I lie, anyways.

Oh Mom, I'm so sick. I can't go to school!

are you an atheist?
as a non-atheist, its really hard to understand why atheists need morals. we all know, you can get away with pretty much anything in this world. shouldnt atheists take advantage?

if only i can find that book again.

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 20:31:16

and just because of that attitude, you'll probably go to hell! har har hardy har!!!! Now go wrap yourself in tinfoil because I hope you look like a battery!!!

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 20:38:25

I am an atheist, I don't believe in god yet I have morals. Watcha say to that?

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 20:39:11

At 1/8/07 08:38 PM, EnconXV wrote: I am an atheist, I don't believe in god yet I have morals. Watcha say to that?

why?????????????????????

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 20:39:45

Sounds stupid to me. You're basically saying that if you're atheist nobody cares what you do. You aren't atheist but you can still do these things. You're going to have consequences either way.

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 20:40:25

These emotions that im feeling, they surely cant be mine. These emotions must be lying for they are truely before my time. I shall rid them from my body, I shall kill this fruitless pest. I will eat thier insides and feast upon thier flesh. Now answer me this riddle, yes, this shall surely be the test!

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 20:43:27

At 1/8/07 08:29 PM, CourtesyFlush wrote: if only i can find that book again.

DON'T. It's obviously some fucking fundamentalist trying to make people think atheists are all bad. Listen to everyone else in the thread. We Atheists still believe in good morals.

Myspace

FaceBook

CastleVania Character Quiz! I scored as Soma. PM me your results if you wish!

BBS Signature

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 20:47:56

At 1/8/07 08:43 PM, CastleVaniac wrote:
At 1/8/07 08:29 PM, CourtesyFlush wrote: if only i can find that book again.
DON'T. It's obviously some fucking fundamentalist trying to make people think atheists are all bad. Listen to everyone else in the thread. We Atheists still believe in good morals.

actually no, the author was jean-paul sartre(i doubt, anyone on newgrounds knows him)
he was an atheist.
the book was about someone who was born having atheist beliefs.

Response to if i was an atheist... 2007-01-08 21:00:41

I'm an atheist and much can be learned by listening to my words, perhaps things perople of faith knew along along but fail to admit.

But anyway to the point...

Morals and guidelines of society have been around alot longer than god, and they are going to outlast god. It's just the way people think, sometimes our more primal instincts get the best of us and we do what we want, but for the most part we do what we believe is right, nearly everyone knows what is right, even the people who cheat lie rape etc. they know what they are doing is wrong, but some don't care, or are intentionally doing it becuase they know it's wrong.