00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Gentlemans Drinking Etiquette

3,518 Views | 38 Replies

Response to Gentlemans Drinking Etiquette 2007-01-29 07:29:49

At 1/25/07 09:44 AM, Reinecke wrote: and if the bar staff are serving their friends, and their friends friends? then talking shit to someone whilst not even noticing you? seriously, in some pubs i have waited for a fucking long time, and i am a noticable bastard. i am always polite though and dont cause any shit.

Then deem that particular nuclear sub as shite and never return (unless the drink is incredibly fucking cheap)

what is wrong with buying drinks for your friend in the queue? really? i cant see that causing any problems at all. as long as you're not ordering a round for him it's courteous to get his drink, no?

I personally hate when people do it. There you are in the que with 1 person ahead of you. He has just made an epic order which the barman has just made. Then his friend leans over and gives him another order, thus increasing your waiting time as the fucker behind you is essential skipping you in the que. Its a glassable offence in some of glasgows less finer drinking holes.

When leaving a bar put your empties on the bar, this will makes the staffs job just that wee bit easier to do
fuck the bar staff. they get paid for this shit, would you expect me to wait through the fucking queue at the club to put my glass on the bar?

Clubs are a different matter. If you are passing the glass collection point when in transit to the exit of a pub, how much effort does it take to take your empties over? The bar staff will appreciate it and you could recieve favourable service in future visits (i.e. a sly extra shot now and then)

i thought this would be about what cigars to smoke and which french renaissance battles to discuss :D

What to smoke isnt really that big an issue in Scotland. It could be a fancy footlong cohiba rolled between a cuban virgins legs, or a hamlet you picked out of a urinal ; the end result is you will look like a twat huddled up outside in the miserable weather puffing away desperately so you can return indoors.
(if you want to feel smug about yourself watch the smokers outside the Oran Mor, big rich looking arseholes puffing away in the rain. Boy does it do my ego wonders)

and as for french renaissance battles; who honestly gives a flying fuck?

These rules should be added into highschool Social Ed if you ask me.

On a different matter I got into a "discussion" with an esteemed gentleman last night. I was queing, he came up next to me and when the bar staff served him first he simply carried on.
"Do you think i am standing here holding a 10 spot for fun" I enquired.
"First come first serve" Was his retort (Wrong fucking answer)
I cordually invited him to step outside for a wee square go to resolve the matter of him being wide. (hypocritical of me yes, but i really hate arseholes like him)
He respectfully declined my offer, paid for his pints and got tae fuck.

10 minutes later I get a tap on the shoulder. The esteemed gentleman at the bar had told the bouncers i was trying to start trouble. As i was a regular in that particular establishment I explained the circumstances and the bouncer gave me a wee ticking off telling me to tell them next time something like that happens.

Sadly come closing time I couldnt find the radge bastard anywhere to resolve our differences.

BBS Signature

Response to Gentlemans Drinking Etiquette 2007-01-29 07:47:49

At 1/29/07 07:29 AM, DingoTheDog wrote:
At 1/25/07 09:44 AM, Reinecke wrote:
What to smoke isnt really that big an issue in Scotland. It could be a fancy footlong cohiba rolled between a cuban virgins legs,

why rolled between cuban virgins legs? WHY GOD WHY???

"self-righteousness can lead to being an asshole"

Response to Gentlemans Drinking Etiquette 2007-01-29 08:59:37

At 1/29/07 07:29 AM, DingoTheDog wrote: Then deem that particular nuclear sub as shite and never return (unless the drink is incredibly fucking cheap)

that's not an option in the instance i meant (remote scottish island = little alternative), but i suppose there's really fuck all else

Clubs are a different matter. If you are passing the glass collection point when in transit to the exit of a pub, how much effort does it take to take your empties over? The bar staff will appreciate it and you could recieve favourable service in future visits (i.e. a sly extra shot now and then)

yeah, that sounds reasonable. although last time i was in an SU having some drinks when one of the security guys walking about came along and demanded that i move all the glasses (not just our own) to the bar. it's shit like that which pisses me off.

and as for french renaissance battles; who honestly gives a flying fuck?

i was taking the piss, 'Gentlemans Drinking Etiquette' makes me think of dinner suits, monocles and english country gardens.

These rules should be added into highschool Social Ed if you ask me.

i doubt they could do that without being accused of promoting drinking (although i agree to an extent)

Sadly come closing time I couldnt find the radge bastard anywhere to resolve our differences.

thats a bit harsh like? squaring off to everyone the barmaid prefers to me could provoke a massacre (or more likely a vicious bloody retaliation)

Response to Gentlemans Drinking Etiquette 2007-02-01 08:11:48

At 1/29/07 08:59 AM, Reinecke wrote:

that's not an option in the instance i meant (remote scottish island = little alternative), but i suppose there's really fuck all else

Thats a tad harsh. Best start verbal rimming the bar staff for special treatment

yeah, that sounds reasonable. although last time i was in an SU having some drinks when one of the security guys walking about came along and demanded that i move all the glasses (not just our own) to the bar. it's shit like that which pisses me off.

Yeah id have bluntly told him to go fuck himself. I guess a benefit is i know guys that work there.

thats a bit harsh like? squaring off to everyone the barmaid prefers to me could provoke a massacre (or more likely a vicious bloody retaliation)

The guy was a grade A bellpiece in thorough need of a good kicking. Who else would be better to administer it than myself (in my mind at least)

BBS Signature

Response to Gentlemans Drinking Etiquette 2007-02-01 08:34:43

At 1/22/07 09:16 AM, DareDevilGuy wrote:
At 1/22/07 09:15 AM, Xragon wrote: I forgot to check that you were a Scott, the most useless of useless scums of the earth.
Sure Canada is any better.

Scotland is one of the best places on this tiny little planet. Along with Ireland.

Canada is better than America. We have pot, and the legal drinking age is 18.

Response to Gentlemans Drinking Etiquette 2007-02-13 18:37:16

At 2/1/07 08:34 AM, kylexthexpostman wrote:
Canada is better than America. We have pot, and the legal drinking age is 18.

This is what concluded my well thought thread?

A Canadian randomly comparing his country to America which hasnt even been mentioned.
Dear god, I give you pure gold and this is what i get for my toils?

Amendment to a previous rule (Had a change of heart on this matter after a recent incident)

Smokers should simply fuck off.

nuff said there really.

BBS Signature

Response to Gentlemans Drinking Etiquette 2007-02-13 18:41:05

At 1/22/07 09:14 AM, Fyndir wrote:
At 1/22/07 09:10 AM, Xragon wrote: Says the 18 year old, you shouldn't be drinking either ass clown.
It's funny how wrong you can be. =)

Wow, you guys in England have it easy, the drinking laws in the States are a lot stricter.

Response to Gentlemans Drinking Etiquette 2007-02-13 18:43:50

At 1/4/07 06:19 PM, Gendo wrote: That was a genius post, you should write a book.

i like it too, but i have a habit of letting most all women infront of me, because i try to be a gentleman all the time

and he's right, social drinking is best, but if your there drinking alone at the end of the bar, unless something really terrible happened you need to get help

Response to Gentlemans Drinking Etiquette 2007-02-14 09:10:34

At 2/13/07 06:43 PM, StoneGuy wrote:
At 1/4/07 06:19 PM, Gendo wrote: That was a genius post, you should write a book.
i like it too, but i have a habit of letting most all women infront of me, because i try to be a gentleman all the time

Time to change your foolish ways. It may seem like the gentlemanly thing to do, but trying to skip the que is hardly the actions of a proper Lady who is deserving of such treatment.

and he's right, social drinking is best, but if your there drinking alone at the end of the bar, unless something really terrible happened you need to get help

.....i need to ask a question on this.

On occasion when i arrange to meet with my mates at a pub at a fixed time. I will go early (say an hour or two) if i have nothing better to do and get a head start on the lash.
Does anyone else do this? and is it unhealthy?

BBS Signature