00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nardballs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,523,426 Views | 29,937 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-02 22:35:58

BEST FUCKING RETURN EVER. THAT SHIT WAS AMAZING.

Things are never meant to be easy. Everything is a challenge to someone.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-02 22:36:02

Well, guess that clears up who's coming back.

Cant say I was surprised, wonder how long he's coming back for.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-02 22:47:04

I'm not gonna lie, that was a bit of a boring return. I mean, all he did was run around screaming. I guess I was hoping for something like Undertaker's return (HHH coming out and calling him out immediately). Not quite hoping for Undertaker just yet, but they could have implied what the hell he was gonna do while he was running around.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-02 22:57:00

Either WWE is slow burning Jericho and will let us know what he's up to next week, or this whole "handicap match" thing might be a set up for Jericho to run in and help the heels thus setting his course going forward. If not, what the heck was the point of holding Kane out of the match then?

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-02 23:08:11

At 1/2/12 10:57 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Either WWE is slow burning Jericho and will let us know what he's up to next week, or this whole "handicap match" thing might be a set up for Jericho to run in and help the heels thus setting his course going forward. If not, what the heck was the point of holding Kane out of the match then?

Well I guess there was your answer, I actually really enjoyed that episode. I thought it was brilliantly done.

Things are never meant to be easy. Everything is a challenge to someone.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-02 23:13:05

Way to bust out the new year RAW.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-02 23:16:23

RAW is JERICHO!

I'm so happy to see Chris Jericho back. I have a feeling he was supposed to talk, but he was just so damn happy to be back.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-02 23:30:45

Well Jericho just trolled us, still love him.

In internet years i'm dead. *click sig to zoom zoom*

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-02 23:40:03

Cool entrance by Jericho, but with over a month of hype, I was hoping he would say something. I'm guessing that creative loved the wordless return idea so much that they wanted to do it again.

Also, I laughed so hard when Cena had to pull Ryder out of the hole in the ring.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-03 00:04:23

And with that, the Ayatollah descended upon Tennessee, and the crowd nearly crapped their pants.

It's hard to tell who was happier - at least for the moment.......because as I turned my head to type this, apparently I missed something........I kinda figured he'd return as a heel again, but given the crowd reaction & Chris' initial reaction, which I now assume was just a ruse, I wasn't quite so sure. Geez, Chris; WE CAN'T TURN OUR HEADS FOR EVEN ONE MINUTE, CAN WE? I get the feeling that we'll be hearing talk of hypocrites & troglodytes (JUST WHAT THE FUCK IS A TROGLODYTE!?) next week.

Only the first RAW of the year, and Punk's already delivered the best lines of the year. Gotta love Getting Crap Past The Radar.

I wonder how this RR match is gonna go, with Laryngitis as the ref; I'll assume he gets incapacitated or something during the match, and someone else fills in.

Kane's still good at what he does best - creeping the fuck out of the audience. Well, at least the kids, anyway, but he still does it very well.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-03 13:03:54

Jericho back with WWE always makes for great stuff. Even if he went out a heel the fans were genually happy to have him back. Let's hope he is put into something awesome right away.

Ziggler and Punk seem to work really well together. I think their fued can turn out some intense and epic matches.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-03 17:40:37

Guess Lawler and Cole had a dark match after Raw went off the air last night. I thought they were done with Cole's wrestling days? Or was it just cause they needed someone just as old as Lawler to pound off on cause they were in Memphis?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-03 21:13:03

There is a better chance for the world to end tomorrow than Cena to turn heel.
Get over with it, it is not going to happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-04 19:53:35

At 1/3/12 09:13 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: There is a better chance for the world to end tomorrow than Cena to turn heel.

Agreed, he makes too much merch money, and I think he genuinely likes being Vince's modern day Hulk Hogan. He likes the character he plays, he thinks this is a good idea and the right way to go. As long as he's going along with it, it's going to happen. People need to stop thinking the light bulb is going to go off over Vince's head or point at the Attitude era and act like that can happen again. It can't. WCW was beating his ass, so Vince was willing to try something new and different. But unless some outside force like Bonnie Hammer demands changes or else, he's not going to change the way he operates. The Summer of Punk? Aberration, and what did they do with that aberration? They killed it off inside of a month and when they finally decided Punk was one of "their guys" all his heat had disappeared and even now he's in a terrible, terrible story line. That's what they do now, they fall ass backwards into money or change, and they fuck it up. Either through willful mismanagement, or just plain ignorance of what the audience wants or what they are supposed to put on TV.

Cena to me is what's wrong with the company in a microcosm. He's someone that tries hard, no doubt and has talent. But he seems fundamentally clueless about what he needs to do to really break through to a wider audience then what he has now, and he seems also to have decided that there's a certain character he wants to play and a certain way he wants to play it and by God he'll just keep on doing it. Sure it's successful to a degree, he makes money, the company makes money, there's no question there. He brings money to the table, and a good amount. The problem I think is that he can bring more, I don't think he needs to turn heel to do it, I don't think he even needs to change dramatically to do it. He just has to change certain things, not too monumental, at least not at first...then he needs to stay with those changes. But he won't, or he can't, and more's the pity for it.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-05 20:32:28

At 1/5/12 04:02 AM, MudkipsPiano wrote: I looooove your use of vocabulary, bro ;* <3

One of the reasons they called me "the professor". Now if only I could get in ring shape and learn how to take bumps, I can play that school teacher heel Vince has wanted for years.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-06 01:25:44

At 1/3/12 09:13 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: There is a better chance for the world to end tomorrow than Cena to turn heel.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-01-02/
should-cena-embrace-hate

I think we're looking at one of two things. WWE is either booking John to:

A. Continue to struggle against "hate" without ever succumbing to it, in an attempt to further idealize their golden boy. I can see it now, "John Cena is a truly righteous man, he never fell to the evil of Kane and hate!"

or

B. Cena will eventually lose mental stability, snapping and going completely apeshit and beating the snot out of Kane and eventually Dwayne at WM, before being talked down by the latter and brought back to his senses.

What I lack in accuracy, I make up for in enthusiasm

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-06 11:48:11

At 1/6/12 01:25 AM, kill343guiltyspark wrote:
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-01-02/
should-cena-embrace-hate

I think we're looking at one of two things. WWE is either booking John to:

A. Continue to struggle against "hate" without ever succumbing to it, in an attempt to further idealize their golden boy. I can see it now, "John Cena is a truly righteous man, he never fell to the evil of Kane and hate!"

or

B. Cena will eventually lose mental stability, snapping and going completely apeshit and beating the snot out of Kane and eventually Dwayne at WM, before being talked down by the latter and brought back to his senses.

What I really want to happen? Super Pissy heel turn, droppin brothas like it isnt anyone's business.

What'll probably happen? 6 Weeks of ballshining and rebuilding Cena as the golden goose.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-06 13:27:27

At 1/6/12 11:48 AM, Porkchop wrote: What'll probably happen? 6 Weeks of ballshining and rebuilding Cena as the golden goose.

Which honestly sucks, because they have a real opportunity here to turn him heel for a couple months without destroying his fanbase. They could use the "mental insanity" argument to win the kids back after this is all said and done, and it could be used as a growth point for his character as a whole.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-07 10:30:57

So...you know...Smackdown.

It was...well, really meh.

Really cookie cutter matches, I guess the only thing i'm speculating on is if they're bringing back Golddust at some point in the game in his actual persona, not just as Dustin Rhodes. Oh, and they kind of seem to be hurting DB's character insofar as a really crappy title defense in which it seemed like Mark Henry came out to make sure the match stayed rolling. I'unno, it seems like DB is gonna drop the title back to Show here in due time, maybe in time for Wrestlemania.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-07 11:03:20

At 1/5/12 08:32 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 1/5/12 04:02 AM, MudkipsPiano wrote: I looooove your use of vocabulary, bro ;* <3
One of the reasons they called me "the professor". Now if only I could get in ring shape and learn how to take bumps, I can play that school teacher heel Vince has wanted for years.

Poor Matt Striker. I think his gimmick and his announcing would have gotten over better if not for that Brooklyn accent.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-07 11:12:43

At 1/7/12 10:30 AM, Porkchop wrote: hurting DB's character

How can "they" hurt something that doesn't exist.
Certainly should be getting through DB's title run so he isn't in the title picture come Wrestlemania time.
He has no place in the main event, especially not at the WWEs biggest event.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-07 14:43:16

At 1/7/12 11:12 AM, Shaun wrote:
At 1/7/12 10:30 AM, Porkchop wrote: hurting DB's character
How can "they" hurt something that doesn't exist.
Certainly should be getting through DB's title run so he isn't in the title picture come Wrestlemania time.
He has no place in the main event, especially not at the WWEs biggest event.

The only other WHC title matchup I could see coming is another Show and Henry, except Show would probably be WHC. I mean, if they're not going to have Daniel Bryan as a long term champion, fine, but all they're doing is having the same 3 guys compete for it. Now would be a good time to build anyone who would be a suitable WHC so it's not just a repeat of Vengeance or any PPV since Daniel Bryan's been champ.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-07 14:54:27

Make the under dog the heel? That is some really engaging story telling creative.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-08 21:25:19

At 1/7/12 11:12 AM, Shaun wrote: He has no place in the main event, especially not at the WWEs biggest event.

Watching DB in a talking segment is just painful. Yes, he is a decent wrestler, but his mic skills make JoMo's talking segments interesting in comparison, and that says a lot about DB.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-09 00:46:19

At 1/8/12 09:25 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Watching DB in a talking segment is just painful.

I completely disagree with that. The promo with Cole was tremendous. Give a guy fuck all to do or say, and watch him flail and fail. I know we all think that they can't bury or fuck real talent to the point that it's of no goddamn value but the truth is they can. They're doing it here.

Yes, he is a decent wrestler,

Decent? Decent? Really? Guy is one of the best in the world. You know, there IS wrestling outside of WWE. I've seen it, the guy is as close to Benoit as I've seen.

but his mic skills make JoMo's talking segments interesting in comparison, and that says a lot about DB.

Let me ask you, have you seen ANYTHING of DB outside of WWE? Because you're assessment makes me think you haven't.

I'm gonna preface this by saying I've had a quarter of a bottle (the big 14 dollar kind) of Captain Morgan, but it's getting said anyway:

Some of you have no fucking clue how to assess talent. Sorry to say. You've been raised on WWE, you bitch, and you rail against the product right now, and well you fucking should. It can be better. But then some of you when guys get pointed out who can be an asset, and you act like there's no way. Does anybody here watch wrestling outside of WWE? Anybody? Cause I'll be the first to admit to being guilty of the sin of not watching much but the WWE output. Once ECW died a lot of my heart and passion for the business died with it. Thank God for talents like CM Punk for keeping my fucking interest in a wasteland of corporatized shit and assholes who don't want to fucking do wrestling. THEY DON'T WANT WRESTLING!!!! HOW THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE A PRODUCT OR WORK IN A BUSINESS AND THEN DON'T PUT OUT THAT PRODUCT OR THAT BUSINESS??!!! I can't understand it. I can't comprehend. You know why you don't like Daniel Bryan? Cause they taught you not to. Let's review:

1. DB has been booked into five minute or only a little better squashes where he's squashed.

2. DB is booked into being a backstage hanger on for most of his run, and has had on air relationships with jobber divas like Gail Kim and AJ. Why do I bring it up? Because sheep, what this does is it's a subtle way of telling you how little Brian matters. He's a loser, and he dates losers.

3. DB gets MITB, then loses for six months, and his cash in is the weakest ever as he cashes in and just covers the champion and wins.

4. Michael Cole has been going on and on for months that DB doesn't matter.

Oh, what? You all hate Michael Cole? Course, you do, I do too. But when he's combined with the other parts of this "big lie" theory, it forces one inescapable conclusion: Daniel Bryan sucks and you shouldn't care. Congratulations fuckers, you're programmed. Let's stop acting like you're too smart for it to happen. Especially since the internet likes to program itself all the time to root for underdogs and smaller guys to get more then they should (Evan Bourne for instance). Not saying DB is a headliner, just saying that anyone who's bothered to do some honest research knows he's better then what he's presented. Anybody who says different needs to stop acting like WWE can't program or fool them, cause if you think a guy like DB is only a "decent" wrestler, then you have indeed been programmed.

Also, don't cry for Matt Stryker, Matt is his own worst enemy, he worked against himself in WWE and didn't do what he was told kind of like when he got fired by the NY School System

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-09 21:34:16

Well, they announced Edge for being the the first Inductee of this year into the Hall of Fame. Which is nice, he really had a stellar career, didnt he?

Also up tonight, the second Inductee. Any bets?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-09 21:49:33

What in the actual fuck have they done to Brodus Clay?

Seriously. What in the name of Thor's electrified nipples.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-09 22:03:55

At 1/9/12 12:46 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: 1. DB has been booked into five minute or only a little better squashes where he's squashed.

2. DB is booked into being a backstage hanger on for most of his run, and has had on air relationships with jobber divas like Gail Kim and AJ. Why do I bring it up? Because sheep, what this does is it's a subtle way of telling you how little Brian matters. He's a loser, and he dates losers.

3. DB gets MITB, then loses for six months, and his cash in is the weakest ever as he cashes in and just covers the champion and wins.

4. Michael Cole has been going on and on for months that DB doesn't matter.

Pretty sure I said somewhere before that I didn't like the way DB was BOOKED into getting his championship. I said nothing about his in-ring ability or his work outside of WWE.

I know you weren't targeting me in particular, but I just feel the need to clear the air. I'm not going to sit here and claim to pay my full attention to every single branch of wrestling in existence, but I do feel the need to establish myself as someone who looks at the big picture and not just what's under the microscope.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-09 22:55:23

Is it me or is Chris Jerico being a complete dick to the WWE Universe?

"Holy shit, this place is still around?!?" -Jay

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-01-09 22:58:50

Brodus Clay should change his name to DOA, because that's what his career is right now. 2 Cold Scorpio couldn't get this gimmick over in 94 or 95, Clay isn't going to do any better now. Fucking pull yourself off creative already Vince. This has been a pretty dreadful RAW and not the kind of shows they should be putting on heading into the Rumble.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature