00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GhostyBoost2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,537,101 Views | 29,941 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-07 02:57:43

Here's an update on Idol Stevens' release.

Source: Gerweck.net

According to a reliable source, Stevens was flown to Raw earlier this evening, and was suppose to redebut tonight and when he wasn't written on the show, Stevens told WWE officials he was done. Stevens had threatened to go to TNA.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-07 08:40:30

At 8/7/07 02:57 AM, LordKooler wrote: According to a reliable source, Stevens was flown to Raw earlier this evening, and was suppose to redebut tonight and when he wasn't written on the show, Stevens told WWE officials he was done. Stevens had threatened to go to TNA.

He wasn't doing much up until now and I guess he was tired of waiting for a chance to be on tv again. Not a huge release in my mind since he did so little of note.

Raw was pretty good last night. A new GM, some decent matches, and Umaga getting cheered. Course now we see that Vince is indeed going to be on tv, and not only that is trying to get the whole McMahon clan together.. That means Steph will be back on tv.. Oh Noes!

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-07 08:42:45

At 8/7/07 08:40 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: He wasn't doing much up until now and I guess he was tired of waiting for a chance to be on tv again. Not a huge release in my mind since he did so little of note.

Next TNA Champion then?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-07 12:56:29

HE'S ALIVE! HEEEE'S AAAAAALLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Ahem, yes, I haven't deserted anyone; it's just that, once again, my comp's pulling crap again.

Can you believe that the new site layout causes it to crash when it tries to load certain advertisements!? AAAAAAARRRRRRGH!!! So don't be surprised if I don't get a chance to read any replies to this message. >_< I'm typing this message from another comp because of that, just to tell you that I'M STILL HERE. ;P

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-07 20:57:01

No one ever told me that Orton had feline qualities....

Kitty Orton FTW!!!
Now he's got a horribly made ball of yarn!

Also this...

World Wrestling Entertainment has apparently signed Lacey Adkisson, the daughter the late Kerry Von Erich to a (presumably) developmental deal. On her MySpace.com page, Adkisson announced, "Just signed with WWE!! Following daddy's foot steps...! Wish me luck!!"

Lacey, 21 years old, would be the the first third-generation member of the famous Von Erich wrestling family, who were the centerpiece of the legendary World Class Championship Wrestling territory based out of Dallas, Texas. WWE is slated to release a WCCW documentary DVD set this December.

Lacey's father Kerry, a former NWA World and WWF Intercontinental champion, was considered one of the top babyfaces of the 1980s. He passed away in 1993 from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

She's also quite hot!! Notice the hotness!

Following daddy's foot steps...! Wish me luck!!"

I feel like I should make a joke about this comment.... But it would be far too easy.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-08 15:27:40

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

After a two week stint with Ohio Valley Wrestling, The 2nd Generation Hart Foundation (Teddy Hart, Harry Smith, TJ Wilson and Nattie Neidhart) returned to Tampa's Florida Championship Wrestling. However, the word is that the 2nd generation Hart Foundation is being transferred to Louisville, due to the fact that OVW runs more house shows. The new Hart Foundation debuted the traditional Hart Foundation colors, and is using Bret Hart's theme song.

The current plan is to call up the new Hart Foundation to Smackdown in two or three months. However, as previously reported, Teddy Hart has tremendous heat on him. Hart continues to show up late to practice and sneaks away to talk on his cell phone. Apparently Vince McMahon wants the new Hart Foundation to be called up, but only if Teddy is apart of the group.

On a side note, Teddy Hart's buddy Jack Evans (Ring of Honor/WSX) has been in Tampa the last few days, and apparently will be there a few more days. Evans is doing a try out of sorts, in the hopes of trying to secure a WWE developmental deal.

Also...I can now watch ECW! I saw it last night and I'm glad I did as the main event was great.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-08 18:04:21

At 8/8/07 03:27 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: On a side note, Teddy Hart's buddy Jack Evans (Ring of Honor/WSX) has been in Tampa the last few days, and apparently will be there a few more days. Evans is doing a try out of sorts, in the hopes of trying to secure a WWE developmental deal.

I know Evans has improved a lot due to his stay in Dragon Gate over in Japan, but with WWE he wouldn't be allowed to use the 630 (His finisher) or a lot of his high flying arsenal to be quite honest. He does have a ton of charisma which could help him in the long run.

Also...I can now watch ECW! I saw it last night and I'm glad I did as the main event was great.

How did you feel when you first saw Big Daddy V?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-08 19:26:24

At 8/8/07 06:04 PM, pepeatumi wrote: How did you feel when you first saw Big Daddy V?

Motion sickness as I saw his blubber continue to move.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-09 00:39:19

Ok guys, this is a HUGE spoiler so I don't want it discussed in here without spoiler warning tags placed, you don't place tags, post is gone.

Who is Vince's illegitimate son? You're about to find out....

*SPOILER*

There can be only one answer really? Right. Misssssssssssssssssssssssster Kennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnedy!!!! Kennedy. That's right, Kennedy was supposed to have gotten the rub from masterminding the limo explosion, but with that angle gone, they thought this up so he can still get the rub from Vince and the huge push.

*END SPOILER*

This is subject to change obviously until it happens, but that is the plan right now. I like it. :)

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-09 01:16:47

Great! I've felt Kennedy has done nothing since moving to RAW, and its good to see the higher-ups haven't forgotten about him. Kennedy just has IT, and if pushed correctly he could be a major star for many years to come in WWE... Here's hoping they don't find a way to screw this up.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-09 01:19:43

At 8/9/07 12:39 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: *SPOILER*

Sounds awesome. If they play their cards right, this could actually make for an interesting storyline (NO WAI)!

Here's to hoping they don't fuck it up somehow.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-10 10:59:03

At 8/9/07 03:01 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: While we're on the subject of Mr. Kennedy, it's worth checking out his appearance on Tom Green's show. Link. He comes over as a nice guy and it's a good watch, however on the original version there were several distasteful prank calls about Chris Benoit and wrestling in general. But it's worth a look.

"Hey, I just wanted to know... YOU'RE A FAGGOT"
I like Ken, from the interviews I've read he comes across as a good down to Earth bloke, and he managed to field those questions quite well without breaking too much kayfabe. He managed to seem quite cocky without coming across as a bad guy too.
And don't you think it's quite amazing that Kennedy is someone like by both Heyman and Vince? And that Vince likes someone who is a good wrestler?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-10 16:12:28

At 8/10/07 03:41 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: MVP's life saved from potentially fatal heart anomaly.

Call me a bastard, but wouldn't it be hilariously tragic if next week he were hit by a truck?

wow. Glad they caught that or things could have been bad down the road.

I'm looking forward to Sd tonight.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-11 00:00:45

So like...one person here understands the concept of keeping spoilers a secret so as not to blow it for other people? Nice guys...remind me never to post anything like that again. Of course, with it now having hit the net, they'll probably change it up so they can maintain their "surprise" aspect here.

As far as MVP, I'm of two schools of thought on that:

The cynic in me is a bit appalled at WWE taking a guy's serious medical condition that was discovered and trumpeting it for their own benefit, to say their policies work when they're about to be investigated.

On the flipside, the man could have had his life ended and thank God WWE is enforcing the policy and checking guys out because that may have saved MVP's life. Bravo to that.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-11 11:08:35

SD was pretty good last night thoigh I didn't pay to much attention to the main event. That claw thing is just silly to my.

Guess Kanr and Finley will be going at it. I like how they have Fionley as a guy who isn't afraid of Kane like most heels tend to be.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-11 22:21:09

Joey Mercury's back with WWE....kinda.

Taken From ovwrestling.com

08/08/2007 - JOEY MATTHEWS NAMED TRAINER OF BEGINNERS CLASS

Ohio Valley Wrestling has now named Joey Matthews (Joey Mercury) the Head Trainer of the OVW/DCW Beginner's Class Program. OVW would like to thank John Toland for his time as the trainer for the Beginner's Class Program.

Good for Joey, here's hoping things go well for him.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-12 11:28:06

At least we know he has a job, and I'm all for people making sure beginners get the best training available.

I didn't read any of the spoilers for the whole child thing so I'm interested to see where they take this. Thing is this puts Vince right back into the spotlight, and really that should go to the workers, not the boss.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-12 22:11:52

At 8/12/07 11:28 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: I didn't read any of the spoilers for the whole child thing so I'm interested to see where they take this. Thing is this puts Vince right back into the spotlight, and really that should go to the workers, not the boss.

3.8 though this week...so the arguement can definitely be made that Vince equals ratings, and if they go the way they're supposed to here, they will be giving somebody a rub from the boss

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-13 01:49:22

If WWE thinks it can erase history, so can I!!! Remember when Perry Saturn won the WHC at WM XX?

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-13 01:52:33

Like I say, it's just so pathetic how bad the big two are these days. I'm getting more enjoyment out of ECW TV from 1993 then anything I see today because with the exception of the Gilbert booking run (oh my god how that sucked), here's a company that's trying to to build an identity, solidify what it does and what it's about, and goes for the throat. I think WWE ad TNA really need to go back and try to find that kind of fire and creative energy in themselves and forge ahead, but I just don't know if they have it in them to do so.

Props to WWE though on giving Joey Matthews (Mercury) a second chance, hopefully he realizes how lucky he is and he dosen't blow this, I'm a fan of the kid's work, always have been since he debuted in the dying days of ECW and I hope he gets his shit together.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-13 10:16:38

So now with the Umaga face turn in full swing we will be seeing him team with Cena. Seems a little odd since they beat each other up so much on the past. Also looks like they won't be using Estrada anymore. We haven't seen him since the fued with Cena a few months ago.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-13 10:26:42

At 8/13/07 10:16 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: So now with the Umaga face turn in full swing we will be seeing him team with Cena. Seems a little odd since they beat each other up so much on the past. Also looks like they won't be using Estrada anymore. We haven't seen him since the fued with Cena a few months ago.

It sucks that Estrada isn't with Umanga any more. If anything, Estrada was the most face-compatible thing about Umanga. The fans actually liked him, didn't they?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-13 12:23:44

I hate to say this because I can't stand the guy but... Orton needs to beat Cena tonight and he needs to win with the RKO.

Apparently, Orton and Cena are going to have a match for the WWE title., despite the fact that in recent weeks Cena has been worrying more about Carlito. Orton has little to no heat going into this match and there's no reason for people to believe he can beat Cena. So I say, give Randy a clean win over Cena tonight. No Umanga turn, no Backracker by Carlito, just Randy hitting the RKO on Cena and getting a win.

What a concept! Try to put the challenger and his over as legitimate, so that people will care about Summerslam because it looks like Orton actually has a chance at winning the title.

I just gave what the finish to tonight's ME should be Vince.... I'll be expecting a check >_>

Now.... TNA/WCW-lite!

I'm done with those guys. I know there's some talented people, but how many times must Samoa Joe be treated like Kurt Angle's bitch? We're supposed to take Joe seriously when he's been. Busted open by Kurt, put in the ANklelock in numerous occasions by Angle, put through a table by Kurt, and now he Angle's wife played him for a fool.

Thank you TNA, for taking Samoa Joe a guy who was arguably your biggest star and strpping him away of all credibility by having him be Angle's bitch, because Angle has to look like a GOD among the rest of the boys on the TNA roster.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-13 14:32:23

From WWE.com

World Wrestling Entertainment has learned that Bryan Adams, also known to our fans as Crush, has been found dead today. More details are unknown; stay tuned to WWE.com as they become available.

FUCK!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-13 14:44:23

At 8/13/07 02:32 PM, pepeatumi wrote: From WWE.com

World Wrestling Entertainment has learned that Bryan Adams, also known to our fans as Crush, has been found dead today. More details are unknown; stay tuned to WWE.com as they become available.

FUCK!

Another wrestler death? How many has that been in this summer alone? This has probably been the worst year ever for wrestlers.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-13 14:47:41

i like stone cold

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-13 17:02:14

Karl Gotch who basically came up with the German Suplex passed away not too long ago... So add him to the list aswell.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-13 17:03:38

At 8/13/07 02:44 PM, boloneyman wrote: Another wrestler death? How many has that been in this summer alone? This has probably been the worst year ever for wrestlers.

We say that every year. Which makes it more sad that it's pretty true every year. I shudder to think who might go next year.

Janis Joplin is my idol!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-13 17:40:41

WWE just released Sylvain Grenier.

Source: WWE.com

WWE has come to terms on the release of Sylvain Grenier as of today. We wish Sylvain the best in all future endeavors.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-13 21:50:20

At 8/13/07 04:50 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: Can things get any worse?

Sure, it could turn out this is another sad situation of a guy blowing his life because of drugs or other poor lifestyle choices. Wrestling can be a really sick, really shitty business sometimes in the way it's run, and the kind of people it tends to attract.

On a happier note, anybody else lol at the "Kennedy" chants in the opener? No wonder WWE hates the internet, lolololol

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature