00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

pitbulljones just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,532,780 Views | 29,940 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 21:03:09

Redface Says- Unforgiven Review!

Happy to Have me Back? Good to be back. Let's get started.

MATCH #1- Intercontinental Championship
Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro

I don't think I'll ever understand why ever Wrestling Fed wants Jeff Hardy so bad. I mean, He's good, but very un-reliable, We all know that. In My Opinion, Matt is way better and a harder worker.

The match started off with JR and Lawler making comments about Melina's rack. As The Match Began to pick up, I saw Jeff Pull off some impressive stuff, But surely nothing Matt couldn't do. I was really impressed with Nitro's Pefromance. Johnny Nitro Was pulling some amazing moves and counters, like the Dropkick That made Hardy bounce off the bottom rope!
Nitro picked up the win after Jeff got clocked in the head with Melina's Boot.

The Victor: Johnny "Don't Call Me Monday Night" Nitro (JR's Name, Not Mine).

After the Match:

Teddy long was there, not that anyone cared.

Jeff Hardy Was Met Backstage By Matt Hardy(!) who comsoled him after his loss. Then Lita Came on to spout some bullshit. Hey, A Team Extreme Reunion! (sorta)

Match #2: Umaga vs. Kane

After Umaga made his apperance, Double-A Estrada asked the crowd if they thought Kane was a real monster. I think They said "No', But Estrada Called them 'dummies' anyway.

I want it to go on the record that I think Umaga ia a great wrestler. This match is a good thing for him, as it'll be his chance to flex some muscle against some real WWE Talent. Early in the Match, Kane tried Lay the smack down on Estrada, But Estrada was far too spry for Kane's sake. Although Kane managed to snatch his Double-A's Jacket. Best part was when Kane Knocked Umaga over the security barrier and Umaga landed on his tropical head. The Match ended in a count-out, but the fight continued backstage.

The Victor: Draw.

Match #3- World Tag Team Championships
Spirit Squad vs. The Highlanders

Have you ever noticed that SS fights under the Triple X Rule? Think about it, all five of themn are considered Champions all of them protect the titles.

Anyway, Great Match, good spots. I was really impressed with how Much of a cohesive unit SS was in this match. Highlanders were top-notch as well. I hope to see them continue their quest for the titles very soon.

The Victors: Spirit Squad

Match #4-Hell in a Cell
D-Generation X vs. The McMahons and The Big Show

Big Show was anxious to start the match, which resulted in his nuts getting kicked in by DX. Twice.

DX Cleaned House for the most part in the beginning, with some beautiful spots (Shane MaMahon being slingshoted off the ropes into the cage wall), My Favorite being Hunter Mutilating Vince with a screwdriver. After Show's nuts stopped throbbing, He deceided to go to town on HHH and asisted Shane in going "Coast to Coast" on Hunter. Soon, DX Dispatched Big Show with another nut shot And Was posied for victory, Not Before Making Vince Kiss Show's Ass (I will never have another good dream again). After HHH Dispatched Vince with a mighty swing of his sledge (Not one of those stupid "stabs", a swing, like how you would swing a baseball bat), DX Claimed Victory.

The Victors: D-Generation X!

Match #5-Women's Championship
Lita vs. Trish Stratus

Last Night, The Final Chapter of a legacy was written. A Future Hall-of-Famer, Trish Stratus to end her career on a high note by winning the title from Lita (Who, by the way, Is also on her way out according to our good friend Dave Meltzer). A Real knock-down drag out bout that ended on a memorable note, when Trish Finished off Lita with The Offical Wrestling Move of Canada: The Sharpshooter.

The Victor: Trish Stratus

Match #6: Randy Orton vs. Carlito

JR said that Carlito's dad was the "Great Carlos Colon", But I've never heard of the dude, have you? An Uneventful Match in which Randy Won.

The Victor: Randy Orton

Main Event- WWE Championships

It's late, Wrestling is starting soon, and I have homework to do, so Here's a Quick reveiw of the Match:

1) Cena Fell into some tables
2) Edge fell Into some tables
3) Lita got FU'd
4) Edge fell into some more tables
5) Cena Won

The Victor: John Cena

and last but not Least, The Awards

The REDFACE Best Match of The Night goes to The McMahons and Big Show vs. DX, ( I'd like to also give an honorable mention to Hardy vs. Nitro).

The REDFACE Brightest Star of The Night Trish Stratus

Enjoy!

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 21:06:16

Yeah I remember the days when the belts were more valued than they are now. Really all you need to do is look at what WCW did to their title to see that frequent changes just devalues it, not helps it. And the fact that a person that the crowd has clearly grow tired of is getting a third try at this is just disappointing, and quite frankly lazy booking and character useage from wwe.

I'm watching the opening of Raw and damn he is getting booed like crazy.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 21:07:41

Hahaha. Think they're booing Cena enough yet?

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 21:14:34

At 9/18/06 09:03 PM, redface wrote: Redface Says- Unforgiven Review!

Great review Redface.

The REDFACE Best Match of The Night goes to The McMahons and Big Show vs. DX, ( I'd like to also give an honorable mention to Hardy vs. Nitro).

None of the matches seemed that good.

The REDFACE Brightest Star of The Night Trish Stratus

See ya Trish.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 21:22:53

At 9/18/06 09:03 PM, redface wrote:
JR said that Carlito's dad was the "Great Carlos Colon", But I've never heard of the dude, have you? An Uneventful Match in which Randy Won.

I've heard of him... I've actually talked to him, a very nice guy and a hell of a wrestler back in his day, and he didn't wreslte pushovers, he wrestled people like Flair (they a had a couple of 60 minutedraws) Harley Race and Abdullah the Butcher. Just because people in the US don't know him, doesn't mean he's not great.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 21:28:27

At 9/18/06 09:06 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: Yeah I remember the days when the belts were more valued than they are now. Really all you need to do is look at what WCW did to their title to see that frequent changes just devalues it, not helps it. And the fact that a person that the crowd has clearly grow tired of is getting a third try at this is just disappointing, and quite frankly lazy booking and character useage from wwe.

Don't forget about David Arquette's reign as WCW Champion. When Arquette won the title, It totally destroyed the prestige of the WCW Title and played a BIG role in the death of WCW. John Cena winning the WWE Championship for the 3rd time easily shows you how lazy the WWE Uncreative team is. In your opinion, Who's worse? John Cena? or Jeff Jarrett? And who do you think would win in a match between Cena & Jarrett?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 21:44:47

At 9/18/06 09:28 PM, LordKooler wrote:

Don't forget about David Arquette's reign as WCW Champion. When Arquette won the title, It totally destroyed the prestige of the WCW Title and played a BIG role in the death of WCW. John Cena winning the WWE Championship for the 3rd time easily shows you how lazy the WWE Uncreative team is. In your opinion, Who's worse? John Cena? or Jeff Jarrett? And who do you think would win in a match between Cena & Jarrett?

Jarrett's worse, at least Cena has the look of a heavyweight champ... As for who would win, the answer is simple, there wouldn't be a winner their battle would last for all eternity with neither man refusing to lose to one another.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 21:50:34

Big Six man tag on ECW tommorow, and it's really unfortunate to hear about two fans who were ejected last night by what was really an overzealous security staff. You can read all about that at fine sites like PWInsider...I'm just too beat to go back over and link copy, the two girls's side of things wouldn't fit in the NG post window.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 21:56:54

At 9/18/06 09:50 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Big Six man tag on ECW tommorow, and it's really unfortunate to hear about two fans who were ejected last night by what was really an overzealous security staff. You can read all about that at fine sites like PWInsider...I'm just too beat to go back over and link copy, the two girls's side of things wouldn't fit in the NG post window.

Long story short... The two fans were accused of spitting in John Cena's direction, which is complete and utter bullshit, because I saw that and there was no spitting involved, one of the refeeres jumped the gun and told security to remove them from the arena... So you see the WWE's stupidy even reaches their security.

Apart from the SIx man tag match tomorrow, we'll also an Extreme Rules match between Rob Van Dam and King Booker.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 21:58:05

Guys, you're acting like John Cena politics to win the belt. I have never, EVER, heard that to be the case. Vince Mcmahon believes that John Cena is the next big star, and he's trying to force that fact on everybody in sight, it is not that Cena does any pushing of himself to get the belt, Vince continues to put it on him. It was a frankly stupid move because all the main event level guys are faces, so they should be fighting against a heel champion, but it looks like if tonight is any indication, WWE absolutely plans for the Edge and Cena issue to continue for at least one more match.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 22:41:22

Man... That six-pack match was probably the only good thing on RAW (Even if the main event hasn't taken place yet). Its good to see Super Crazy is being used, since he wasn't added to the ECW roster the least they could do for him is put him in some important matches.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cryme Tyme is either going to be a great gimmick or a stupid gimmick, no middle ground with those guys.

One more thing, I didn't mean to say that Cena has any backstage power, however he does have more opportunities to win the Heavyweight title, seeing as how not only is he the company's biggest draw, he's also one of Vince's favorites.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 23:01:26

As an update, Brad Armstrong is still going to be going to ECW (I know the signing report was vague, but he is still going over there) and he will debut for the brand in October for those interested. I think this is a good signing, and if he's promoted as a legit tough guy or bad ass babyface like Kurt Angle was, ECW will have another strong hand with potential to get over with an audience who wants more wrasslin for thier money.

RVD vs. King Booker should be a good match...right up until Hardcore Holly or somebody else gives us a fucky finish so the champion dosen't have to do a job for RVD. It is nice to see the champ of another brand come in to work with Van Dam and remind everybody he's a star, but I wonder if it won't wind up potentially hurting the perception of Booker and the World Title though to be working a guy not in the title hunt right now. Eh, probably not so long as this is the main event.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 23:10:34

At 9/18/06 11:01 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
RVD vs. King Booker should be a good match...right up until Hardcore Holly or somebody else gives us a fucky finish so the champion dosen't have to do a job for RVD. It is nice to see the champ of another brand come in to work with Van Dam and remind everybody he's a star, but I wonder if it won't wind up potentially hurting the perception of Booker and the World Title though to be working a guy not in the title hunt right now. Eh, probably not so long as this is the main event.

Yeah, you can see the shitty finish a mile away, but if there's going to be a non ECW wrestler in the main event I'm glad its Booker T, he's entertaining and he can get it done in the ring... Besides its better to see him on ECW than seeing Batista there.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 23:40:54

But since Booker is a heel you kind of expect him to not get clean wins or losses. Especially when he has a group to back him up.

You know what I was thinking? Since Trish is gone and we really only have three true woman wrestlers on Raw (Mickie, Lita and Victoria) why not move Jazz over from ECW over to Raw? They have not used Jazz since the WWE vs. ECW show they did right before ONSII (at least as far as I know) and could really prove her worth in a struggling division.

That 6 man battle for the IC title was great. Best match of the night with lots of cool spots. How many think a Jeff Hardy vs. Super Crazy match would rule?

Cena vs. Jeff J? Hmm lets see... both had a music related gimmick, both started as heels, both won a ladder match recently to get their titles... Only big difference is that in TNA it's run by ol' Double J's Dad while in WWE it's run by Vince who thought of JJ as nothing but a middle-card guy while he pushes Cena to the moon. It's really not the same if your daddy gives you the title despite the fact that fans don't want to see it.

But in a match with each other... I may have to go with JJ in terms of actual skill. But it could go either way.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 23:44:40

My god, that Six pack match was great. I was surprised to see the idea they had. I though it was going to be a 3 on 3, but this time, they did something the croud would enjoy. I don't care if Neetro retained, it still was a hell of a match. I seriously wasn't sure who was going to win. Everyone had potential. That would have been a great match at Unforgiven.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-18 23:55:46

At 9/18/06 02:46 AM, AnzRage wrote:
At 9/18/06 02:06 AM, isCRULZ wrote:
same here for 2 weeks i could only watch results at wwe.com. CW is premiering tommorowi think

It showed at 2-4am I saty up late anway but I watched it.

DAMN JOHN CENA IS a 3 TIME WWE CHAMPION. stupid wigger

Damn I hope its a short reign until Taboo tuesday.

At 9/18/06 02:56 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 9/18/06 02:06 AM, isCRULZ wrote: Are the bashmans ever going to be demasked.
Probably once their role as "Paul Heyman's Security Force" ends. But until that point, it's not really an issue.

AH so they wont maybe they will go back to the domintrax with some new ecw girl.

Yes children, think about this, John Cena, unpopular bastard that he be, is now a 3 time champion...goddamn it but Vince just dosen't fucking listen.

Cena should turn heel and lose the wwe title, The men turned and booed him He just as to say women and children suck.

Did anyone hear Lawler say 'Hey JR were in your hometown is anything bad going to happen' Let me guess something with umaga.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-19 00:00:53

That was a good match indeed. I enjoyed Nitro's "Flying Moses." Super Crazy was fucking RAD tonight, though, because even after landing on the other 5 guys he managed to stay on his feet. Totally badass.

The series of finishers was pretty entertaining, too. As was the prelude to the whole match. I love heel v. heel encounters.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-19 00:02:17

At 9/18/06 11:55 PM, isCRULZ wrote:

Did anyone hear Lawler say 'Hey JR were in your hometown is anything bad going to happen' Let me guess something with umaga.

Well it is the giolden rule... If the WWE is in Oklahoma, something bad's going to happen to JR. He joined the kiss my ass club in his hometown, aswell as being fired or getting his ass kicked on a couple of diffeent occasions.

Just when Cena couldn't get any worse... He ruins the DX crotch chop, he couldn't even do that right.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-19 05:47:07

RD Reynolds is a dumb and a crappy guy.

So is Blade Brakestown.

The future of wrestling radio!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-19 06:56:17

Just cause they run the wrestlcrap site huh? What, did they induct a wrestler you liked?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-19 07:42:21

Raw was pretty good last night. I think they needed a few more cameras in the six man fight to cover everything.

Smacks of the Night
Carlito's Springboard moonsault on to Nitro.
Super Crazy also using the springboard moonsault, but to take out everybody else.
Super Crazy hitting a low dropkick, and later a beautiful missile dropkick into Master's face.
Randy Orton dropkicking Carlito off the ring apron.

I wouldn't be fair to have just one this week. WWE needs to get everyone in the match together in the ring a few more times.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-19 08:14:06

there needs to be more WWE flash's i mean there arnt many and there mostly crap lol
i would join :D

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-19 10:05:24

Post again and then we'll add you in. But I do agree that there is not enough wrestling related flash, well decent wrestling related flash. There are a few really good ones, like the chibi (spelling?) series.

Why is wwe resorting to a racist gimmick with Shelton Benjamin? Why wasn't he in that IC match? He would have fit right in.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-19 11:06:29

Some BIG (possibly) TNA news?

TNA's Dixie Carter posted the following message, teasing a major announcement at this Sunday's No Surrender PPV on the TNA website:

"In the course of history, there are defining moments that change the fabric of a company forever. These are moments that are spoken about for years, not days, and serve as benchmarks in the annals of a company’s growth. And on occasion, those moments transcend the individual company and re-write the history of an industry. This Sunday at the NO SURRENDER PPV, an announcement will be made that will do just that. You will not want to miss the NO SURRENDER PPV."

It can't be what I think it is, right? I mean HE wouldn't go to TNA... right? Angle's not going to TNA... right?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-19 13:03:56

Johnny "Don't Call Me Monday" Nitro. Pep, did you come up with that nickname?

And holy hell I hope Angle doesn't go to TNA. Normally announcements like that tend to be things that the higher-ups think is an amazing revolution for wrestling, which just turns out to be a hyped up piece of shit.
It's probably going to be that the Heavyweight title is going to be retired, and awarded to JJ for all his achievments.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-19 13:34:26

At 9/19/06 01:03 PM, Rhino wrote: Johnny "Don't Call Me Monday" Nitro. Pep, did you come up with that nickname?

I wish... Good ol JR came up wit hthat one.

And holy hell I hope Angle doesn't go to TNA. Normally announcements like that tend to be things that the higher-ups think is an amazing revolution for wrestling, which just turns out to be a hyped up piece of shit.
It's probably going to be that the Heavyweight title is going to be retired, and awarded to JJ for all his achievments.

The way I see it can be just a few things. Either Angle is going to TNA, or Goldberg's to TNA (I hope this doesn't happen) or maybe its just that Impact will finally become a 2-hour show.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-19 13:36:56

At 9/19/06 01:34 PM, pepeatumi wrote: I wish... Good ol JR came up wit hthat one.

Damn, it would be good to think that JR looks in here and steals catchphrases :P

The way I see it can be just a few things. Either Angle is going to TNA, or Goldberg's to TNA (I hope this doesn't happen) or maybe its just that Impact will finally become a 2-hour show.

The first and third options would probably convince me to watch TNA again for a few weeks (Until Angle has gained and lost the title again).

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-19 13:43:56

I'm going to post a spoiler (possibly) for next week's Smackdown...

It seems that during this week Smackdown's taping a match was announced (through a Titantron graphic) and that match was:

King Booker-William Regal and Finlay vs the team that just can't lose (they really can't) consisting of Batista-Lashley and.... John Cena.. Again this would be next week's Smackdown.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-19 15:41:50

At 9/19/06 01:43 PM, pepeatumi wrote:
King Booker-William Regal and Finlay vs the team that just can't lose (they really can't) consisting of Batista-Lashley and.... John Cena.. Again this would be next week's Smackdown.

o.o

What.

So he's going to Smackdown after all?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-19 16:38:23

I see that everyone expect redface is moaning about Cena winning the WWE title. Just look at how he has been booked since early 2005, you should not be surprised that Vince once again kissed his ass at Unforgiven. Plus, there will be a moive about him coming out, so Edge needed to be screwed AGAIN because "Let's look at the champ" is much better than "Let's look at the jobber" for moive sellers. My gamble is that Orton will beat Cena at WM23 and win the WWE title since the last time a heel won a WM ME was a long time ago.

BBS Signature