00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

N0vasu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,524,189 Views | 29,938 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 05:15:59

At 9/13/06 02:05 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: I still enjoyed the show overall, but obviously there were things I could easily find wrong with the show.

Be best part of ECW was the black guy running up behind Dupree when he was coming down the ramp and into the stage, he gave him a double thumbs down with the best face ever. God bless that negro.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 06:42:41

At 9/13/06 12:33 AM, Assi9 wrote: Aw, snap; that's bullshit. I liked the gimmick, and I liked his finisher, too........crap. HOW COULD VINCE NOT KNOW ABOUT JACK SPARROW BEFOREHAND? DOES VINCE LIVE IN A FRICKING CAVE, NOW????

I have to agree with you there. Vince knew full well who Jack Sparrow was, and even if he didn't you can't tell me that not one of his employees saw the movie. I think they just got lazy with it and didn't think it was taking off fast enough.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 07:39:33

At 9/13/06 06:42 AM, Outlaw88 wrote:
I have to agree with you there. Vince knew full well who Jack Sparrow was, and even if he didn't you can't tell me that not one of his employees saw the movie. I think they just got lazy with it and didn't think it was taking off fast enough.

Yeah, when I said he found out about Jack Sparrow, I meant he didn't realize how similar the characters were. He expected more of a "aaaarggh matey walk the blank so I can take you gold" pirate.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 13:13:23

Is it me or did Randy Orton come out to CM punk's theme song one time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 13:39:52

At 9/13/06 01:13 PM, Apollo wrote: Is it me or did Randy Orton come out to CM punk's theme song one time.

They, they gave Randy Killswitch as a theme, but I guess it didn't suit him, and his current music is awesome enough.
Vince being the penny-scraper that he is, decided to use the music for CM instead. It suits him much more.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 17:30:05

I've noticed something about Kelly Kelly; She's Young, She's Hot, She's On T.V. Every Week and it's probably safe to say she's making a ton of money...THE BITCH IS LIVING MY DREAM!

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 17:34:41

At 9/13/06 05:30 PM, redface wrote: I've noticed something about Kelly Kelly; She's Young, She's Hot, She's On T.V. Every Week and it's probably safe to say she's making a ton of money...THE BITCH IS LIVING MY DREAM!

Young? That's what pisses me off she's a year younger than me and her only talent (which isn't a talent) is being beautiful, she's the Paris Hilton of the wrestling business..

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 18:01:04

At 9/13/06 01:39 PM, Rhino wrote: They, they gave Randy Killswitch as a theme, but I guess it didn't suit him, and his current music is awesome enough.
Vince being the penny-scraper that he is, decided to use the music for CM instead. It suits him much more.

I think that Miseria Cantare by AFI was a better theme for CM Punk.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 18:10:26

At 9/13/06 06:01 PM, LordKooler wrote:
I think that Miseria Cantare by AFI was a better theme for CM Punk.

Finally, someone else who thinks the same thing. Because of Punk's matches in ROH I've been accostumed to hearing AFI or Living Colour in his entrance theme.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 20:20:04

CM Punk was using AFI on the house shows before he debuted. I'm entirely not sure why that was.

Ok, I have a spoiler for the TLC match Sunday for those who want to hear it, if you don't want to hear it, stop reading now and I'll catch you later when I do the report card:

*Spoiler*

Dave Scherer decided to do some checking, and as of this morning the plan is that John Cena will NOT be going to SD! no way, no how. That dosen't neccessarily mean he's going to win, he might still lose and they'll find a way to book keeping him on RAW (hell, Vince could just come out and say "yeah...I own everything and that's just not gonna happen"). We'll see if things change, but right now the message is once again being sent that SD! is inferior, and there's just no chance of moving John Cena off of the A show to the C show (You really have to consider ECW the B brand at this point given how hard of a push it gets and what the effort that goes into it now has been like).

*end spoiler*

Please do not discuss this information openly to those who'd like to be surprised by the PPV.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 20:28:14

At 9/13/06 08:20 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: CM Punk was using AFI on the house shows before he debuted. I'm entirely not sure why that was.

I guess there's a better of chance of the band finding that their songs are being used without permission by watching it on TC seeing as how house shows aren't often discussed... And where's your report card for ECW?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-13 20:57:15

At 9/13/06 05:34 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Young? That's what pisses me off she's a year younger than me and her only talent (which isn't a talent) is being beautiful, she's the Paris Hilton of the wrestling business..

Did you know that She Dates Test in Real Life! And I sure Maria Loved that little confrontation Punk had with Kelly (CM and Maria are dating as well)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 01:56:39

At 9/13/06 08:28 PM, pepeatumi wrote: And where's your report card for ECW?

Tommorow, I had a morning shift today that wiped me out. I really hate when people go on vacation at my job, because we barely survive when everybody is there, but it gets shot to holy hell when someone takes off. So I promise I will have it tommorow when I've had some sleep and can focus my thoughts together better.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 11:21:28

I don't know if anyone here reads a Blog that JR does, if you don't you should read it, its a great mix of kayfabe and a shoot... like this.

What, wrestlers taking lie detector tests on TV? Stop it now, please, I am begging you! Wrestling shows that try and “out WWE” the WWE is like flatulence in the wind, it just blows away. A wrestling show that focuses primarily on the in ring product might be a novel concept for a budding WWE wannabe. No one is going to out “WWE” the WWE. I went through the exact same issue while I was at WCW in the late 80’s-early 90’s.

I wonder what company JR is talking about?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 15:08:06

my guess would be the ever building complaint that we are getting more storyline driven stuff than we are getting in-ring action and other promotions namely TNA that are trying to minimalize story in favor of ring work. Just a guess.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 16:01:44

At 9/14/06 03:08 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: my guess would be the ever building complaint that we are getting more storyline driven stuff than we are getting in-ring action and other promotions namely TNA that are trying to minimalize story in favor of ring work. Just a guess.

That's why I guess TNA, hasn't fully taken off yet, you almost need some kind of story to keep people interested, if not, people won't really feel the need to tune in, because you're not really missing anything, except for the same type matches all the time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 16:39:05

I thought he was referring to TNA, because they had a lie-detector scene at some point.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 16:51:44

At 9/13/06 05:30 PM, redface wrote: I've noticed something about Kelly Kelly; She's Young, She's Hot, She's On T.V. Every Week and it's probably safe to say she's making a ton of money...THE BITCH IS LIVING MY DREAM!

If your profile does not lie, you are just a 15 years old teenager. lol, got turned on by hot young ladies? Anyway, after Unforgiven, Cena is going to SD! which needs star powers badly. Do not worry, though...I am pretty sure that your boy will leap straight to the title picture against Booker T.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 17:23:36

If Cena does lose, who should become the new top contender for the title? I'd like to see Kane win it before WM. He derserves a few months as champ.

I think the perfect way to end Kane's and Undertakes career would be to have them both be champion, and have a farwell match at Wrestlemania. Any thoughts?

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 17:25:48

At 9/14/06 05:23 PM, boloneyman wrote: If Cena does lose, who should become the new top contender for the title? I'd like to see Kane win it before WM. He derserves a few months as champ.

If DX breaks up and Michaels takes some time off we could finally see an Edge-HHH feud, or maybe Carlito would challenge Edge, when you think about it there's not many other challengers for Edge's belt.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 18:02:15

At 9/14/06 04:39 PM, cornontheconn wrote: I thought he was referring to TNA, because they had a lie-detector scene at some point.

That's exactly what I meant, and I agree wholeheartedly. "Out WWE"-ing WWE is not how to build an audience. TNA needs to be different then WWE, because even though there is a solid base that always follows WWE, there is no growth from that base, so if you've got the ability to maybe compete (and TNA has the best shot of anybody because of the national TV deal) they should be trying to do something different from WWE, not that they can't do some of the stuff WWE does that works, just that they need to be a different product, and see if that can draw for them.

If Cena is out as challenger to Edge's belt, Carlito is probably the best guy to be plugged in to face Edge...down the line. Yes, you heard me, down the line. I think for the next couple of months Edge should face challenegers that make Edge look more dominant and strong as champion, while Carlito continues to get over and beat opponents who do the same for him. Then if Cena isn't plugged in to face Edge at Mania, it should be Carlito.

Carlito is going to be a player like it or not, he's over, the fans like him and accept him...so it's up to WWE to properly get him ready to be an asset for them for years to come, and not do things the fans will then turn on Carlito about (in other words, don't fucking Cena him!!)

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 18:20:58

At 9/14/06 06:02 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
Carlito is going to be a player like it or not, he's over, the fans like him and accept him...so it's up to WWE to properly get him ready to be an asset for them for years to come, and not do things the fans will then turn on Carlito about (in other words, don't fucking Cena him!!)

Damn straight, Carlito's going to be a player. As for him being Cena'd, there's a difference between him and John and that's that Carlito can put on better matches than Cena and he's more athletic so if it were a Ladder match you would probably be more interested in watching it.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 18:39:33

At 9/14/06 04:51 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
If your profile does not lie, you are just a 15 years old teenager.

I really don't see where you're going with this, at all.

Anyway...

TONIGHT ON TNA iMPACT!!!

JIM CORNETTE CALLS "TOWN MEETING"!

Mr. Cornette has many announcements to make concerning the upcoming PPV "No Surrender". What could they be???

PLUS MANY GREAT MATCHES!!

Alex Shelly vs. Chris Sabin!

AJ Styles and Chirstopher Daniels vs. Maverick Matt and Kazarian!

Raven vs. Abyss in the return of the "HANGMAN'S HORROR" MATCH!!

ALL TONIGHT ON TNA iMPACT! back to you, Outlaw!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 19:39:38

ECW On SciFi Report Card for 9/12

Thanks for bearing with me this week guys. It's been a bit tough to get done things I've wanted to get done with work being so kind of crazy:

Paul E. promo: Came in partway through this (damn people are hit or miss about the recording round here). I thought Paul E. was solid on the mic in terms of delivery, but I was not a fan of the content. The first thing that rankles me is that when someone says "wrestling character aside" the wrestling character should be put aside, and he should shoot. I understand WWE wanted heat on Paul E. and they got that, but it WAS the man's birthday, and he was in the Garden waving the flag of a product that he has a big hand in (I won't say created because this isn't the original ECW) in a building where he enjoyed wrestling as a child, and while I know WWE still needs to push the continuity of what they want to do, it just sucked that they'd tease the fans they were getting an old school Paul Heyman promo, and then screwed them. The other thing that pissed me off here, and is really pissing me off more and more lately, is that Paul Heyman is being played like "Mr Mcmahon comes to ECW". It is so goddamn obvious Vince is living vicariously through this character on the ECW shows, because he knows his own prescence there would probably harm the product. I thought the "cult leader" character was interesting at first, but it seems to be morphing more and more into an outright clone of Vince, and if I want that, I can go watch RAW every week. The Sabu coming out beatdown was predictable, but the crowd liked it. Grade: C+

RVD vs. Holly: I heard this one live described as "missed-spot-o-rama", but I think it came off pretty well on TV. Give credit to WWE's production crew for being able to edit together a pretty decent bout from something that was just loaded with missed spots live, and two guys who just didn't gel together at all. Holly continues to be impressive since coming to the ECW brand, this really was the best thing for him, it was also great to see the ECW originals stand tall at MSG and be treated like main eventers. My only complaint here was why the fuck was Stevie coming out to help Paul E.'s goons? I know he's been used as a heel jobber since debuting, but there aren't that many originals, and if they're going to do an "old guard vs new guard" story soon (seems like they've maybe teased it a bit) especially with Survivor Series coming, and Justin Credible MIA, I don't get why Stevie was used here except that maybe they figured he was the only one who didn't matter enough to take the beating. Grade: for the match, B, for the celebration, I'm gonna be a mark and give it an A+ and anybody who dosen't like that can kiss my ass.

CM Punk vs. Shannon Moore: CM Punk is over, and it was nice to see the NY crowd take to him so well. Shannon Moore from what I've been told has a job as a favor to the head seamstress of WWE (who also just happens to be Droz's ex-wife), who Moore is involved with. So Moore is basically going to be a "Special Delivery" Jones for the brand from what I'm told, a talented put over guy. I think that's important to point out since I'd grade the match differently if Moore was actually going to be pushed like he was a big deal star. He and Punk had a solid match, with Punk scoring the win via Anaconda Vice, I'm not sure why it took Moore so long to tap when everybody else has basically been like two seconds and tapped out. I mean, you'll get more from a C.W. Anderson then you will from a Shannon Moore in my opinion long term. Grade: B

Kelly Kelly CM Punk segment: Kelly showed some personality! Wow. I think it's good to give Knox a feud with somebody like Punk for a couple of reasons 1) Knox will only improve by working with people who are better workers then he is, and 2) they can see if Punk is able to carry an inferior worker to a good match, a very good tool to have on your shows. I'm interested to see this feud for those reasons, but I think the setup kind of reeks because it turns around the idea that Kelly has an ass for a boyfriend into making Knox more sympathetic since he's dating a friggin whore. That relationship has always had shaky logic to me, but this just pushed it right into the realm of "I'm supposed to hate Knox why in this case?" Grade: B- because everyone involved with it did a good job technically, it's just the content wasn't neccessarily to my liking.

Balls vs. Dupree: Dupree looked solid here, and they're playing the character exactly how I thought they would and should, as somebody who will claim to be Extreme, but isn't he will definitely get under the skin of the old ECW fans, and the new fans alike I think. He and Balls worked pretty well together, and the finish may not have been excellent, but it's fine in that it helps further the Mahoney/Kevin Thorne program they're building to, but I think it's about time to start that up. Ariel is dirty hot. Grade: B+

Striker segment: Ok, we get it, Striker hates Sandman, Striker can talk. Can we maybe do something new to move this feud along? ECW is getting to have the same problems as the other WWE brands lately when it comes to repetitive booking. Grade: D

Big Show vs. Sabu in Extreme Rules: Let start off by saying I liked the match work wise. It was not the best match Show and Sabu have had together, but they really have some good chemistry, and always have entertaining bouts. Show in general has upped his game, and proven he really cares about being the ECW champion, and making his title important. However this is the same old story we've seen for quite awhile now, where Sabu is screwed out of a seemingly assured victory by Heyman and his security detail. It's getting old, and I don't see how WWE thinks they can keep this story going by giving us the same old same old every week. I love watching Sabu work, and I've come to enjoy most of Big Show's work lately too, this storyline has been entertaining for me to watch, but it's beginning to get very stale, and if WWE dosen't find a way to either seperate these two, or add a new twist, it's just not going to hold my interest much longer. Also, why does Paul E. suddenly not care if Sabu is fighting Big Show? Is it because he can just send his security detail and Hardcore Holly out to "fix" the match? Explain please WWE! Grade: C+

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 19:41:37

Overall: Good show, was great to see these guys at MSG, but a middle of the of the road sort of effort, and with all the hype of them being at the Garden, that just shouldn't have happened, I understand they wanted to keep Show looking strong for the PPV match on Sunday, since the Mcmahons vs. DX is the top program in WWE (just ask Vince, he'll tell you), but the show didn't have the "big time" feel WWE should have wanted for it. Grade: C+

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 19:45:49

Also, some ECW news bites:

Rene Dupree and Shannon Moore have been added to the ECW "Extremists" page.

The Terry Funk and Francine pictures that had been the same since the site opened have now been updated, and Francine looks gorgeous, I really wish they'd find something for her to do on TV, as I've heard many times she's looking really good these days.

ECW also signed Brian Armstrong to the brand, he's the brother of BG and son of Bullet Bob armstrong, of TNA fame. He worked in WCW, mostly on the Saturday Night show as an enhancement guy. Arn Anderson has gone on record as calling Armstrong: "The best wrestler that no one knows is the best wrestler" high praise from Arn, we'll see what he can do for ECW.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 19:54:40

At 9/14/06 07:45 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Arn Anderson has gone on record as calling Armstrong: "The best wrestler that no one knows is the best wrestler" high praise from Arn, we'll see what he can do for ECW.

Arn Anderson? One of the original Four Horsemen? Wow, this kid sounds impressive already!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 20:18:33

At 9/14/06 07:45 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:

ECW also signed Brian Armstrong to the brand, he's the brother of BG and son of Bullet Bob armstrong, of TNA fame. He worked in WCW, mostly on the Saturday Night show as an enhancement guy. Arn Anderson has gone on record as calling Armstrong: "The best wrestler that no one knows is the best wrestler" high praise from Arn, we'll see what he can do for ECW.

I've heard nothing but good things about Armstrong as well. That's some mighty high praise coming from a wrestling great such as Anderson and this something that ECW needs more great wrestlers, instead of just guys who go through tables.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 20:26:56

Sorry for the double post but two things..

Did anyone see Dupree's EXTREME elbow drop from the bottom rope? that was impressive... or not.

And about the possible Knox-Punk feud... This just reeks of Paul Heyman, Knox is DSW's (Deep South Wrestling) biggest talent while Punk was OVW's until ECW was revived and it just soulds like heyman, pitting the best of both the developmental territories against one another.

Also from what I've read Knox is totally diffrent down in DSW, supposedly he's got a great personality and he's real good on the mic.... Granted, he's a face in DSW which explains why that isn't reflected in his ECW work.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-09-14 20:28:52

At 9/14/06 08:26 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Also from what I've read Knox is totally diffrent down in DSW, supposedly he's got a great personality and he's real good on the mic.... Granted, he's a face in DSW which explains why that isn't reflected in his ECW work.

Didn't The Miz Beat Knox for some DSW Championship?

BBS Signature