00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BruceBainterJr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,535,095 Views | 29,941 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-28 10:22:56

Didn't Lex Luger like job to a shirt or something like that?

And Redface it wasn't a cop-out I was just saying you could some classic Sabu matches if you or anyone else was interested.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-28 10:29:26

Time for the daily ECW news or rumors.

Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

Don't be surprised if you see Rob Van Dam cashing in his Monday in the Bank contract against John Bradshaw Layfield for the World Heavyweight Championship at the upcoming June ECW pay per view.

In order for this scenario to happen, Mysterio would have to lose the title to JBL before that event took place. RVD has yet to announce who he will face for their title and would not do so until after the title change. Challenging JBL for his title would require RVD to jump to SmackDown.

Reports have also indicated that RVD would be facing the winner of this Sunday's Backlash main event. However, there are a few issues with RVD facing each of the possible winners. Triple H is on the verge of turning face and getting such major negative heat on him conflicts with that. John Cena also doesn't need that negativity while he's already fighting on a weekly basis for the fans approval. Edge has little history with RVD and minimal history with ECW. Edge's only history with ECW was appearing at last year's One Night Stand PPV as part of the anti-ECW crusaders. The leader of that pack was John Bradshaw Layfield. He was the most outspoken about ECW last year and it is expected that his tirade will pick up once again very shortly, making him the perfect target for RVD.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

It's being said that after all the meetings today, Vince McMahon has decided that ECW would take the place of Velocity.

Basically what would happen is, the show would be taped prior to SmackDown! every Tuesday until a new time slot is secured in the United States. For the time being it would only remain an internet property show. Negotiations are going on to attempt to get it on U.S. television.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-28 10:45:39

Wait, so ECW is going to be internet-only? FUCK. I can't even get Velocity or Heat to work on my PC. This sucks.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-28 11:04:02

hello everyone i'm back. I was at a Raw house show at Birmingham NEC, Raw & Smackdow! Tv tapings in wembley as part of the Wrestlemania revenge tour. i was sitting on the aisle for Smackdown! with my brother so i might be on t.v tonight on Smackdown! i was sitting far back for Raw.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-28 11:04:07

At 4/28/06 10:45 AM, cornontheconn wrote: Wait, so ECW is going to be internet-only? FUCK. I can't even get Velocity or Heat to work on my PC. This sucks.

I thought the same thing but it might be for a while at least until the WWE gets a tv deal done.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-28 11:14:17

At 4/28/06 07:22 AM, Zen444 wrote: Diva search 3? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Why do WWE even bother with the Diva Search? Well there goes the hope for a decent Summer in WWE.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-28 11:19:34

oh yea i forgot to mention. if (for some reason) you want to see me in the aisle (hopefully) on Smackdown! i'm wearing a Wrestlemania 19 hat (i know it's old) and i'm wearing a ken kennedy T-Shirt and my brother has a WWE (not spinner) title belt with Eddie Guerrero nameplate on it.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-28 11:45:51

we'll look out for ya!

well having ecw replace velocity is a decent idea but I will kinda miss being able to see the super talented guys that they never use on SD like London, Kendrick, Super Crazy, Psycosis and so much more.. They should keep velocity around and just have the ECW stuff as a third internet thing until they get a tv spot.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-28 12:15:03

Yeah, Velocity is probably the best show that the WWE has but think about it both Psychosis and Super Crazy were in ECW before so they may go back to ECW and London and Kendrick I think could fit in with the ECW style of wrestling.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-28 16:42:27

At 4/28/06 10:45 AM, cornontheconn wrote: Wait, so ECW is going to be internet-only? FUCK. I can't even get Velocity or Heat to work on my PC. This sucks.

I know something like that would happen.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-28 16:46:33

At 4/28/06 10:22 AM, pepeatumi wrote: Didn't Lex Luger like job to a shirt or something like that?

WHAT? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I hope sting choose's Buff Bagwell as his partner, I remember Bagwell as a member of nWo and he, as Buff would say, WAS THE STUFF!

so, lordkooler, mr. TNA-fan, what'd you think of my Lockdown reveiw?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-28 22:00:28

The SD main event with Angle and Mysterio was great...until big ol' dumb Mark Henry had to get involved.

"What were Mark Henry's motives tonight?" The answer, of course, is that no one cares. Ruined a great match. Pffft.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-28 22:36:47

LordKooler's Friday Night Smackdown review
1.JBL vs William Regal
JBL talks bad about the British until William Regal comes out. JBL won at the end to retain his US Title. There are rumors that Rob Van Dam might face JBL for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship when he cashes his Money in the bank. WWE will cancell Velocity to make room for the new ECW.
2.Super Crazy & Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs MNM & Gregory Helms
A good match. Super Crazy, London, and Kendrick won at the end.
3.Lashley vs Mark Henry
Lashley won by count out.
4.Gunner Scott vs Finlay
After Finlay won, Booker T & Finlay attacked Gunner Scott until Chris Benoit saved him.
5.Great Khali segment
The Great Khali sucks on the microphone. He sounds like he has marbels in his mouth. There were lots of Undertaker chants and people were upset that he didn't come out.
6.Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio
During the match, Mark Henry interfered and attacked Angle & Mysterio.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-29 00:10:00

I haven't been watching smackdown ever since they moved it to friday. it was better when it was on a thursday

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-29 00:12:53

I doubt that Rey will be the champion for long. WWE does not have high confidence on him. Sure Angle is proud, but aren't you surprised that he did not job to Rey clean? I dare to say that Rey will not survive beyond JD. Just wait and see.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-29 00:15:57

At 4/28/06 10:00 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: The SD main event with Angle and Mysterio was great...until big ol' dumb Mark Henry had to get involved.

"What were Mark Henry's motives tonight?" The answer, of course, is that no one cares. Ruined a great match. Pffft.

Fatttttt Henry was furious that he did not get a title shot. That's all. Like I said previously, by allowing Henry to get involved rather than having Angle job clean shows that WWE does not have high confidence on Rey as the champ. He is noting more than a transitional champ.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-29 01:00:36

I'm getting raped in a wrestling topic.

I need back up.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-29 01:04:17

At 4/29/06 01:00 AM, Zen444 wrote: I'm getting raped in a wrestling topic.

I need back up.

In General, right? Screw them. They have stupid topics there. C&C is the reason I even visit these forums anymore.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-29 01:45:54

At 4/28/06 04:46 PM, REDFace wrote: so, lordkooler, mr. TNA-fan, what'd you think of my Lockdown reveiw?

Your Lockdown review was good. But why did you call me a Mr. Big Shot TNA fan? And the reason why I didn't review Lockdown is because I don't get Pay Per View.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-29 12:28:16

At 4/29/06 01:45 AM, LordKooler wrote: Your Lockdown review was good. But why did you call me a Mr. Big Shot TNA fan?

cuz you are.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-29 13:04:33

I think he meant the way that Mr. Big Shot TNA guy sounds condescending and a little disrespectful. It doesn't seem like you meant it that way but I understand why he could think that.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-29 13:44:02

I think the reason Henry is now involved is due to Kurt getting an injury. Of all the people to take his place they choose Henry.. Ugh, couldn't they find someone else?

Speaking of injury, does anyone know what was up with Regal? Looked like his ear was just gushing from that boot to the head. He sure gets a great reaction in his home country.

heh his first time back from a broken nose and Helms loses. Think Super Crazy will take the CW title?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-29 14:37:19

At 4/29/06 01:44 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: I think the reason Henry is now involved is due to Kurt getting an injury. Of all the people to take his place they choose Henry.. Ugh, couldn't they find someone else?

Speaking of injury, does anyone know what was up with Regal? Looked like his ear was just gushing from that boot to the head. He sure gets a great reaction in his home country.

heh his first time back from a broken nose and Helms loses. Think Super Crazy will take the CW title?

Ok, it is safe to say that SD! has been cursed since last November. Eddie died, Bastista, Angle, and Rey all injured, RO suspended...SD! definately needs more star more if UT does not work full time. Hopefully, the draft will do something nice to save the day for SD!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-29 23:41:08

At 4/28/06 10:29 AM, pepeatumi wrote: Time for the daily ECW news or rumors.

Time for Avie's additions and thoughts on such things! (oh come on...it's ECW...do you REALLY think I could resist a comment?)

Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

And already I would say take anything said here with a pinch of salt.

Don't be surprised if you see Rob Van Dam cashing in his Monday in the Bank contract against John Bradshaw Layfield for the World Heavyweight Championship at the upcoming June ECW pay per view.

It makes sense, JBL made a complete fucktard of himself last year, and while I hate the idea of him getting a payday from an ECW event, I'd much rather he get the shit knocked out of him and he do a job to somebody who is a far superior athlete to him, and someone he openly mocked if you listen to his commentary on the ECW show. He's also officially booked against Rey Mysterio for Judgement Day (and as I said...they have sadly made Rey's title reign a complete joke).

Reports have also indicated that RVD would be facing the winner of this Sunday's Backlash main event. However, there are a few issues with RVD facing each of the possible winners. Triple H is on the verge of turning face and getting such major negative heat on him conflicts with that. John Cena also doesn't need that negativity while he's already fighting on a weekly basis for the fans approval. Edge has little history with RVD and minimal history with ECW. Edge's only history with ECW was appearing at last year's One Night Stand PPV as part of the anti-ECW crusaders. The leader of that pack was John Bradshaw Layfield. He was the most outspoken about ECW last year and it is expected that his tirade will pick up once again very shortly, making him the perfect target for RVD.

Yeah, Bradshaw makes more sense, the fans I think would be receptive to Edge based on the fact that they could have a good match together, but that's about all there really is to it. Though they COULD use the month off they'll have on the RAW side to build up an issue between the two.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

It's being said that after all the meetings today, Vince McMahon has decided that ECW would take the place of Velocity.

Basically what would happen is, the show would be taped prior to SmackDown! every Tuesday until a new time slot is secured in the United States. For the time being it would only remain an internet property show. Negotiations are going on to attempt to get it on U.S. television.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-30 00:15:45

Still, the idea of JBL getting money from an ECW show ust seems wrong. Sure it would be great to see RVD getting the title off him but I would rather it be an ECW guy vs an ECW guy.

I'm a bit sad they are doing such a crappy job with Rey's title run. He has what it takes but can only do so much with what he is given to work with and told how to do it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-30 02:27:26

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-30 02:35:00

Don't forget that Rey, too, is wrestling through an injured knee. After he drops the belt, he'll be out on surgery.

They'll rely heavily on the people they draft soon. They're being pretty much wasted on RAW, anyhow, as long as Vince is running that show.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-30 02:51:31

At 4/30/06 02:35 AM, cornontheconn wrote: Don't forget that Rey, too, is wrestling through an injured knee. After he drops the belt, he'll be out on surgery.

They'll rely heavily on the people they draft soon. They're being pretty much wasted on RAW, anyhow, as long as Vince is running that show.

Does anyone know when they are going to start doing the draft lottery?

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-30 03:07:26

At 4/30/06 02:51 AM, MegaGold wrote:
At 4/30/06 02:35 AM, cornontheconn wrote: Don't forget that Rey, too, is wrestling through an injured knee. After he drops the belt, he'll be out on surgery.

Does anyone know when they are going to start doing the draft lottery?

Duke says it'll be before JD, but I remember last year it was between JD and Vengeance, and went on until a little bit before GAB.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-04-30 09:59:45

It would have to be after JD so they can get the vince/hbk fued over with. I wonder if during the draf we will finally get a new GM for Raw, or if Vince has decided to stick around for the role himself.

BBS Signature