Respond to this Topic
UnForged
UnForged
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Wacom Tablets Dec. 17th, 2006 @ 12:57 AM Reply

Those lucky people. They actually have cheaper tablets that you can get 10 for around 1000 dollafrs, which is good. And they have some that are 4x5 with a free mouse, for only 150 dollars. So once I pay my Uni fees, I got myself One I hope.

squeakytoad
squeakytoad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Wacom Tablets Dec. 18th, 2006 @ 12:08 PM Reply

At 12/13/06 01:44 PM, Lilmario wrote: Wow, way to give them to all the popular artists who've probably already won money off this site.

Not really. While this site's given me a ton (before submitting stuff here my movies were only for the entertainment of myself and close friends and now hundreds of thousands have seen them), I haven't won any cash yet.
But this... this is incredibly awesome. Wow. Better than winning monthly or any of the contests. This is amazingly cool of Tom. Thanks, man.
Also, I'd like to point out that I know for a fact at least half those guys are working full-time jobs. After recently getting a job that takes up a ton of my day and trying to pump out animations at the same time, I can feel for them. They deserve all the money and cool stuff they've gotten for all the commitment they've put into their stuff.

At 12/13/06 01:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: Back in October, we surprised a few artists with Wacom tablets and requested for artists in need of tablets to contact me, in case we had another giveaway. My inbox was FLOODED with requests, so I made a list and am no longer taking requests at the moment.

You're the best community a site like us could ask for and we think of each and every one of you as part of the team. As the site grows, we're going to continue finding bigger and better ways to support all of you as you have supported us in good times and in bad. The NG community collectively produces some of the best entertainment on the web and we're just warming up! There are a lot of big plans for 2007, starting with the long-awaited launch of the redesign. Until then, enjoy the final months of the old NG. :)

Feeling very awesome at the moment. Never gonna stop putting my stuff up here.

At 12/13/06 01:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: There are a lot of big plans for 2007, starting with the long-awaited launch of the redesign. Until then, enjoy the final months of the old NG. :)

Gonna miss the old site. I fear change.
But I know the new version is gonna have some awesome changes, so I'm eagerly awaiting.

At 12/15/06 04:48 PM, Matzerath wrote: Lordy Mercy Tom, thank you so much! This is the nicest thing what ever happened to me on the internet!
It was fun to mention to friends, as well:

"This website I send cartoons to, Newgrounds, is giving me an expensive Wacom tablet as a gift!"
"What? What do you mean? A website is GIVING you something? For free?!?"
"Yes, that is what I am conveying to you, sir."
"I don't get it. You won it? Like one of those Ipod deals?"
"Not really. It's a gift for submitting stuff to them for so many years."
"Huh. Well, shit. I didn't know you had a following."

Huzzah!

Heh. My conversation was very similiar.

"Wait- why is this website giving you this free stuff?"
"They were giving out tablets to popular animators. It's awesome!"
"You're popular? I mean, your animations aren't that great."
"Hm. True. Still incredibly awesome though!"
"No strings attached? You don't have to make them anything or put a logo anywhere or advertise something?"
"Nope."
"Impossible. Nobody's that nice."

Code236
Code236
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Wacom Tablets Dec. 18th, 2006 @ 01:42 PM Reply

Eric Bauman sucks @$$

Code236

robfeldman
robfeldman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Wacom Tablets Dec. 18th, 2006 @ 08:51 PM Reply

WOW!!! WOW!!! What a GREAT Christmas gift!! Thank you VERY much, Tom!! I've been chugging along with pen and ink for so long, this will be a VERY welcome change.

Just a note: this is the first thing I've won or been given, despite the daily and weekly awards I've been lucky enough to get. I've seen the replies to this post and was worried about what people would think, which is why I am saying this.

Tom---this is super generous of you and yet another reason why NG and yourself are so successful. :)

On a separate note, I've got GREAT news regarding my new series, The Hyrde, and it will be even better when I can show it here on NG.

Thanks again Tom, and Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays to you and everyone here.

-Rob Feldman

Toonimated
Toonimated
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Wacom Tablets Dec. 20th, 2006 @ 06:05 AM Reply

Thank you Tom! That's a awesome christmas gift!
I got totally sick of my mouse, hehe.
i cant wait to get it and start animating!
THANKS AGAIN! YOU ROCK!

, Paul.

duelcrazy100
duelcrazy100
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Wacom Tablets Dec. 21st, 2006 @ 01:28 PM Reply

I've always wanted a tablet. But for Christmas this year, I won't be getting one beacuse my family is poor. No one will buy our house back in Texas.(We moved to NorthCarolina and got free army housing.) Plus our old house's roof is breaking off so thats like $5,000 dollars out of my family's pocket. That money was supposed to be for Christmas. And I'm such a good artist too.

CriTiaS-CreaTionS
CriTiaS-CreaTionS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Wacom Tablets Feb. 8th, 2007 @ 03:05 AM Reply

At 12/21/06 01:28 PM, duelcrazy100 wrote: I've always wanted a tablet. But for Christmas this year, I won't be getting one beacuse my family is poor. No one will buy our house back in Texas.(We moved to NorthCarolina and got free army housing.) Plus our old house's roof is breaking off so thats like $5,000 dollars out of my family's pocket. That money was supposed to be for Christmas. And I'm such a good artist too.

I pity the fool who thinks other pity fools will pity this fool!

Meanwhile;

Please give me a tablet Tom, I'm also a poor poor boy, beeing an Asian dude that lives in Sweden isn't the easiest thing at all. So I spend all my time inside looking at flashes & makin 'em!
Everyone always say that I'm able to make great flashes, just that I'm so darn tired of my mouse. So please Uncle Tom, also, say Hi! to Wade, Toto and little Billy-boy.

EvilPinkPig
EvilPinkPig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Wacom Tablets Feb. 12th, 2007 @ 07:44 PM Reply

I would like one to please! I have a flash program but working with mouse isn't getting me anywhere (aka flash really sucks, not even the obituaries would take it). That and working with outdated flash software at my damn school doesn't help either. If so, thanks Tom!! : )