00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted lok supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mrac 06 December

33,152 Views | 478 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 11:18:42

Here's my song so far...it needs work...but I'll show you anyways...cuz...I want to see what you think...like...if I am even on the right track...needs some better EQUO i think...http://www.sendspace.com/file/lk61b2 There it is...I'll probably get Disqualified if I change it...cuz it will suck worse than this...this one sucks i know..

Sig=DJ REN

PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 14:59:13

At 12/14/06 09:43 AM, Stealth-Emergence wrote: So XBrav, the midi that was supplied!

that doesn't have to be the main melody/verse, but instead it's for the chorus?

or can it be either? what's the preference on that?

The idea is it has to be a main feature for the song. Hell, if you got an awsome chorus that comes in at one point then hell do it haha. The idea is it's supposed to be a remix. You want the midi we wrote to be noticable. It can be only part of a song, but it really has to be more than rare in the piece kay? PM me if ya get confused.

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 15:01:40

OMG OMG OMG

PEOPLE ARE FOLLOWING THE RULES!!!!

:lol

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 15:03:50

Uhm? YAY? right...anyways...I think I am just gonna fix the EQ and post that as my final version tomorrow maybe...

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 15:21:37

At 12/14/06 03:03 PM, Everlasting-Elements wrote: Uhm? YAY? right...anyways...I think I am just gonna fix the EQ and post that as my final version tomorrow maybe...

All I'm trying to say is that the melody we provide doesn't have to be the chorus, but it does have to exist in the piece more than rarely

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 16:03:35

I suck at making new melodies for songs that are 'remixed' so yeah...this is the only thing i could think of to make..

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 16:07:06

OK, do not PM me any of the scores. if you want to be a judge, talk to XBrav.

If you were a judge last month you cant be a judge this month, so SBB PiePie Carbo and i forget the last one you cant be judges this time around

lastly, i will be entering, i have about 1/4 of the song done ;)

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 16:12:46

At 12/14/06 04:07 PM, HouseMasta wrote: lastly, i will be entering, i have about 1/4 of the song done ;)

Well...I'm fucked..

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 16:42:32

Hey can i like give a suggestion for januarys MARC? lol MRAC

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 19:14:13

I want to host one of these eventually.

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 19:17:54

At 12/14/06 04:42 PM, Tinsel-sandwhich wrote: Hey can i like give a suggestion for januarys MARC? lol MRAC

January is the regular MAC, not the MRAC

At 12/14/06 07:14 PM, SolusLunes wrote: I want to host one of these eventually.

its going to continue to be XBrav and myself for these things

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 19:57:50

Lol Housemasta you get all crazy :P we'll talk online I gotta talk some official stuff with you..

And yes, I am looking for judges. My honest opinion is the more, the better. So PM me, and most likely I'll select ya on my panel.

-XBrav

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 20:20:56

Im going to start making the MCRA '06 thing in christmas break. Becuase I would like to do it when I have time to relax and chill XD

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 20:51:52

At 12/14/06 08:20 PM, Yogosun wrote: Im going to start making the MCRA '06 thing in christmas break. Becuase I would like to do it when I have time to relax and chill XD

Sounds cool. PM me if you're getting tight for time and if you cannot submit it by the submission deadline.

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 23:09:30

I just made an awesome boards-of-canada-ish synth to use on this track...
oh man, this is gonna be friggin' sweet...
you guys had better be working hard on yours, because mine is going to kick ASS.

not to mention I'll be able to use my mini-studio again...
which means liiiiive drums!
w00t!

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 23:21:40

At 12/14/06 11:09 PM, attemptedperfection wrote:
you guys had better be working hard on yours, because mine is going to kick ASS.

Hell yeah I'm working hard on mine, it's gonna Kick Arse too, with any luck!

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-14 23:41:25

At 12/14/06 11:21 PM, Stealth-Santa wrote:

Damnit Stealth-Annihalator Stop changing your name!!! hahaha PsychoGoldfish is gonna kill you :P

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-15 00:04:34

At 12/14/06 11:41 PM, XBrav wrote:
At 12/14/06 11:21 PM, Stealth-Santa wrote:
Damnit Stealth-Annihalator Stop changing your name!!! hahaha PsychoGoldfish is gonna kill you :P

It's Stealth-Emergence for the long term now

this is just cos it's that time of year. and so when I come to present my finished piece, if you could just put it under Stealth-Emergence that would be awesome

PsychoGoldfish is gonna be in for a treat too!

but if he gets my name wrong again, there's no telling what I may do

mwuahahahaha

yup I've gone crazy!!!

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-15 00:27:53

At 12/15/06 12:04 AM, Stealth-Santa wrote: It's Stealth-Emergence for the long term now

this is just cos it's that time of year. and so when I come to present my finished piece, if you could just put it under Stealth-Emergence that would be awesome

PsychoGoldfish is gonna be in for a treat too!

but if he gets my name wrong again, there's no telling what I may do

mwuahahahaha

yup I've gone crazy!!!

We've all gone crazy lol. Well this contest is set to be a good one. And good news to everybody. There will be a MAC coming in January, followed by a MRAC in Febuary.

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-15 01:39:50

What is the difference between MAC and MRAC?

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-15 01:43:00

MAC= Monthly Audio Contest. Where contestants submit original pieces. (with some sort of theme or something)
MRAC= Monthly Remix Audio Contest. Where contestants submit a remix of a melody provided by the people running the contest.

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-15 05:02:08

I dont know why I didn't see that before :/

I have to say though- these rules dont offer much freedom in terms of actually remixing something.

Sure, it goes to the extent of providing you with someone elses melody which you have to form a song around (which is basically what a remix is). But in the end all you are doing is throwing loops that someone else made in a particular order using your own instruments instead of theirs.
Go have a look at some actual remixes- sometimes the end product doesn't sound much like the original at all- but it is still a unique expression of that particular artist's skills and style.

This aside- so far I have seen about 1 or 2 people actually follow the rules for submitting an entry. What is wrong with people here? I mean- does anyone READ the criteria of a competition they are taking the time to enter?

MAC seems like a much more promising competition- there would be a much more defined line between the skilled and the unskilled. How can I get involved the organization of such a thing?

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-15 07:28:58

At 12/15/06 05:02 AM, Viktim wrote: I dont know why I didn't see that before :/

I have to say though- these rules dont offer much freedom in terms of actually remixing something.

theres plenty of freedom, but the trick is to be creative. you may have the theme that was provided be only a part of your song, leading into another melody, and thats the challenge. to build a song around a given part of the song.

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-15 08:04:36

OK fuckers, thanks for continuously using my first attempt and possibly the second one too as an example of poor effort taken.

I was using GarageBand for it, which really sucks fat badger cock. You make me want to just have it deleted and forget this fucking contest. Have you tried GarageBand? It seems like ever how much affort you put in it, it gets done in a snap, and the results aren´t good at all. After a short while there is really nothing more you can add, and it´s not even good. The second attempt is really what I can do if I´m remixing something in GarageBand.

Second thing is that I suck so badly at remixes that I don´t even want to talk about it.
So it´s OK for me if you just kick me out of this contest, if I really am that bad.

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-15 08:39:01

yea Garage Band sucks....

get FL, Cakewalk or Reason

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-15 08:41:14

At 12/15/06 08:39 AM, HouseMasta wrote: yea Garage Band sucks....

get FL, Cakewalk or Reason

Uh... I said I made it when GarageBand was all I had. Now I have Reason too.

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-15 09:24:39

Just a heads up, I'll be giving out t-shirts to the top three winners! :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-15 09:26:54

At 12/15/06 09:24 AM, TomFulp wrote:

How the FUCK did that happen???

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-15 10:01:02

Well... this competition sounds interesting. Nice to see we can get t-shirts for a prize! Thanks Tom. Uhm... I have only one question and then i'll be on my way: do we have to use the midi file you supplied or can we recreate the melody(s) within another instrument such as within FL Studio but just following the same notes?

Faster response = good! I need to start... and finish in time! Haha.

Response to Mrac 06 December 2006-12-15 10:15:32

Dammit... could you possibly make the files .wav instead of .mid because FL Studio doesn't open .mid files, I have to go to the hastle of converting it. Also .wav files would be better quality...