00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yevs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pivot Stick Figure Showcase

2,383,899 Views | 10,008 Replies

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-22 23:22:58

I think tomorrow I will finish zombie 3 and post it for ya. I will finnaly get the storyline started. Woot. Wish me luck! But I do need one thing. Lazerbeam shots for piv 2. Droids is only for 3 it seems so help?

Its time to play games and jerk off. And Im all out of quarters.

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 01:16:57

hahaha. semi-true skill animation. Comments please.
Damn file size.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x77/p aan002/paan.gif

I has no sig lawl

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 02:04:56

At 11/23/07 01:16 AM, paan002 wrote: hahaha. semi-true skill animation. Comments please.
Damn file size.

Show off xD But seriously it was nice.

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 07:35:13

At 11/23/07 02:04 AM, TheReno wrote:
At 11/23/07 01:16 AM, paan002 wrote: hahaha. semi-true skill animation. Comments please.
Damn file size.
Show off xD But seriously it was nice.

Hahaha. show off. I admit it. It's my true color! Don't know how to stop it.

I has no sig lawl

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 08:39:16

Damn file size.

Hehe, it was cool, a nice loop too. Also, I think it was you saying that narf and wolf improved, well they-- uh... Never mind.

At 11/22/07 10:02 PM, ape4 wrote: I know, he'll own me

Lolz, I'm trying to go easy

(and he appreciates your support)

Tell your brother that he'll never beat you! And that I was being soft on him. Let's just see how he is.

At 11/22/07 11:12 PM, hijackreaper wrote: just who IS ape's bro?

We don't know yet, but I think ape will tell us who he is, or they will post on the same account?

At 11/22/07 11:22 PM, TheReno wrote: I think tomorrow I will finish zombie 3 and post it for ya. I will finnaly get the storyline started. Woot. Wish me luck! But I do need one thing. Lazerbeam shots for piv 2. Droids is only for 3 it seems so help?

I don't know any for 2, only for 3(darkdemon) and BETA. I wish you luck.

End comments.

So, here is the explenation to why there is a floating uzi. Comments please.

If you have a animation request for me to make, tell me because I'm running out of ideas.

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 09:13:18

At 11/23/07 08:39 AM, Blob1994 wrote:
Damn file size.
Hehe, it was cool, a nice loop too. Also, I think it was you saying that narf and wolf improved, well they-- uh... Never mind.

They what? Tell me! ahh!! *Bangs on the door* *Runs on an F1 track* *Takes a pillow and puts it in front of face and scream loud!!!*

I has no sig lawl

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 12:12:16

At 11/23/07 01:16 AM, paan002 wrote:
They what? Tell me! ahh!! *Bangs on the door* *Runs on an F1 track* *Takes a pillow and puts it in front of face and scream loud!!!*

Ok ok, they improved... and you did too! Liked the ani. :P

Here's my newest fight.

ImageShack was broken, so I couldn't have posted it earlier.

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 12:16:41

I added more to my agent pivot. Here it is!

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 12:23:52

hey lookin pretty good i like how it goes to a top-down view too

Why do we die to live, if we are only living to die

My Zombie Story (blog #2)

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 12:58:40

At 11/23/07 12:12 PM, Blob1994 wrote:

Here's my newest fight.

ive noticed how all your animations make me go WTF thats cool

i pivot im cool now!

go to panns forum

acidsnowball= my gamertag

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 13:16:37

Zombie 3 is out, and it has story xD

There are 3 strong holds left in the world, all located in america. The white house, the Walmart headquarters (seen in beginning) and a large military instilation located in alaska (the over head view, but only a tenth of it) One of them fell in the early hours of the day. Walmart had falled at the hands at one of the zombie leaders. Luckily he was captured, but then escaped from alaska. Our hero, the Resistance Leader (whose name is not known yet) was checking out a supposed hotspot in england when the escape showed up. He was prepared for a fight as he assumed if it was a hotspot, zombies would come. So join us and watch these event unfold in Zombie 3!

(btw awesome animations guys xD)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa291 /Torque_user/Zombie3.gif

And yes I know its a bit messed up. Im adressing the problem as we speak for number 4. The gif uploading did it cause the .piv is perfect.

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 13:25:01

At 11/23/07 08:39 AM, Blob1994 wrote:
Tell your brother that he'll never beat you! And that I was being soft on him. Let's just see how he is.

He usually never pivots, so hes a complete noob to it. I really tried to talk him out of it, but he wanted to continue and wouldn't hear no to it. :P So I went kinda easy on him
And to Hijack, of course I'll tell everybody who he is, and no, we don't post from the same account. He just likes to watch the videos here, not too much of a forum kid.
Lolz, for the zombie three, I think you saw resident evil three

People Flippy Owned: Sarge (2x), Finaltrust, Wolf, Acidsnowball, Renos Pigeons : )

Honorable Defeat: The Narfman

Silly Newgrounds, you think flippy can die?

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 13:50:37

Lolz, for the zombie three, I think you saw resident evil three

Surpirsingly enough, no I havent. Infact the only movie refrence in here is the zombie in the cage. 28 days later. xD But Im glad you liked it.

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 13:54:46

Really, because theres a base in Alaska in that movie?
thats crazy, dude

People Flippy Owned: Sarge (2x), Finaltrust, Wolf, Acidsnowball, Renos Pigeons : )

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 14:28:37

K, jakes getting finished off! (my bro, lolz)
For his sig, he took my sig and turned it pink! So expect the finisher to be bloody as hell.
Lmao, I don't know how he even found it

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 14:31:57

At 11/23/07 01:54 PM, ape4 wrote: Really, because theres a base in Alaska in that movie?
thats crazy, dude

I just picked alaska because that was a huge military staging area during the Cold War. And still is today I think.
And now you know!

And knowing is half the battle.

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 14:38:17

LOLz
Here tis' teh battle (you can probably tell which parts are mine and which are my bros :P)
It ended quick, because he got mad halfway through that mine wasn't as stiff as his :P so I won by default :P

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 14:58:20

At 11/23/07 02:38 PM, ape4 wrote: LOLz
Here tis' teh battle (you can probably tell which parts are mine and which are my bros :P)
It ended quick, because he got mad halfway through that mine wasn't as stiff as his :P so I won by default :P

teehee. that was quick. i also felt relieved for a second, because i thought he had stolen flippy. pink flippy would be horrible! btw, who wants to start a giant pivot war? i think it would be cool, fighting more than one person at a time. i also need to improve my skills, so i think this would be the perfect opportunity.

And, Reno, loved the ani. smoother than the last ones, and i like the fact that you expanded to some other forms of pivoting, like the bird's eye view. (Plus, you should see 28 weeks later. much better!)

Make me a sandwich, damnit.

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 15:58:46

teehee. that was quick. i also felt relieved for a second, because i thought he had stolen flippy. pink flippy would be horrible! btw, who wants to start a giant pivot war? i think it would be cool, fighting more than one person at a time. i also need to improve my skills, so i think this would be the perfect opportunity.

And, Reno, loved the ani. smoother than the last ones, and i like the fact that you expanded to some other forms of pivoting, like the bird's eye view. (Plus, you should see 28 weeks later. much better!)

A couple of things. One, Pivot war as in like you do an ani and I do one and the best is winner, or like You animate fighting me, stop at a cliff hanger, then I animate from that point on, again stopping at a cliff hanger ending, let the people vote on who should die, and the person voted to die, the opponent animates the death?
And another thing, it runs smooth for you? For me it runs quick then chops up. Must be my computer. I have seen 28 weeks later and expect 28 year later to come out xD But 28 days was the best so far. Glad you liked it though. I do have a couple of questions for ya.

1: How do I do muzzle flashes for machine gun type guns? I left it muzzle flashes out of this one because it wouldnt look right for the pistol to have one and not the chain gun.
2: Did I do the black out strike right? Im refering to the castle scene.
3: The charge sequence, did I get that right at least? The gun that shoots the purple homing thing.
4: Is it clear that the leaders of the zombies are diffrent? One was gold the other light blue. Is that clear enough because I really dont want to be hunting for demon sticks all the time xD
5: How hard do you think it will be to animate like 30-100 sticks on the same screen for the brief period of a few seconds?

Thanks for the help and thanks for the comments.

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 16:37:36

And another thing, it runs smooth for you? For me it runs quick then chops up. Must be my computer.

Id say its the file size, if it's too large you either have to
1. Scale down your image try to keep it under (250, by 250) dimensions , or
2. Break the ani too two seperate gifs

it did that for me when i was making the preview farshot ani, so i had to break it into two parts.

1: How do I do muzzle flashes for machine gun type guns? I left it muzzle flashes out of this one because it wouldnt look right for the pistol to have one and not the chain gun.

a muzzle flash is quick so ir really could be done in exactly one frame, to get the effect you want, if you use two frames, have the first initial flame come out white or close to white and fairly small, the next frame make the flame slightly larger with a little bit more orange tint, but dont make it two dark. Also I wouldn't go past making the muzzle flash go more than 3 frames.

As for the design of it, google probably had great examples

2: Did I do the black out strike right? Im refering to the castle scene.

the black out was at the right speed the the number of yellow streaks to show movement during the black out is probably one too many

3: The charge sequence, did I get that right at least? The gun that shoots the purple homing thing.

the black lines are strange, i say use a combination of thinner birght and dark blue zigzags (don't have it zig zag too much) And make them a little more random. The frame rate goes so slow it doesn't look too well, so a fast frame rate would make the charge look a little better.

4: Is it clear that the leaders of the zombies are diffrent? One was gold the other light blue. Is that clear enough because I really dont want to be hunting for demon sticks all the time xD

clear :)

5: How hard do you think it will be to animate like 30-100 sticks on the same screen for the brief period of a few seconds?

pretty fucking difficult, cause you'd end up not focusing on the detail of movement and it'd look sloppy. Unless you pre made all the motions needed for the character that needed to be coppied. Then copy them onto the ani that way, in different segments of the movement. Hard to explain, i can show you what i mean if you want.

Thanks for the help and thanks for the comments.

dont have to take the advice if you want, i could be wrong, but i hope it helps.

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 17:00:07

At 11/23/07 03:58 PM, TheReno wrote: One, Pivot war as in like you do an ani and I do one and the best is winner, or like You animate fighting me, stop at a cliff hanger, then I animate from that point on, again stopping at a cliff hanger ending, let the people vote on who should die, and the person voted to die, the opponent animates the death?

yes. and thanks narf, i have a headache at the moment, so i really wasn't in the mood to answer a bunch of questions.

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 17:48:17

Thanks alot narf. This helped alot. And care to specify which choice there hi?

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 18:09:42

well, i guess me and you could Battle, obviously. maybe ape, if he's here. narf too, but chances are he'll kick our asses. so wolf could join if he feels like it.

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 18:11:14

At 11/23/07 06:09 PM, hijackreaper wrote: well, i guess me and you could Battle, obviously. maybe ape, if he's here. narf too, but chances are he'll kick our asses. so wolf could join if he feels like it.

I meant which style you want to do this: Best ani or collab effort?

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 18:11:53

At 11/23/07 05:00 PM, hijackreaper wrote:
At 11/23/07 03:58 PM, TheReno wrote: One, Pivot war as in like you do an ani and I do one and the best is winner, or like You animate fighting me, stop at a cliff hanger, then I animate from that point on, again stopping at a cliff hanger ending, let the people vote on who should die, and the person voted to die, the opponent animates the death?
yes. and thanks narf, i have a headache at the moment, so i really wasn't in the mood to answer a bunch of questions.

i tried droidz but half of them dont work. my friend piemonster213 has them so i can only post when im at his house.

DO U BRAWL!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 18:23:59

At 11/23/07 06:11 PM, TheReno wrote:
At 11/23/07 06:09 PM, hijackreaper wrote: well, i guess me and you could Battle, obviously. maybe ape, if he's here. narf too, but chances are he'll kick our asses. so wolf could join if he feels like it.
I meant which style you want to do this: Best ani or collab effort?

oh. :P
best ani. what do you mean by collab effort?

BBS Signature

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 18:38:24

Narf how's ya Farshot Movie going?

I has no sig lawl

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 18:47:17

At 11/23/07 06:09 PM, hijackreaper wrote: well, i guess me and you could Battle, obviously. maybe Ape, if he's here. narf too, but chances are he'll kick our asses. so wolf could join if he feels like it.

Sure, I'll give it a shot :)
A pink flippy!!! :O
I would not stand for it! lolz

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 18:52:11

At 11/23/07 12:12 PM, Blob1994 wrote:
At 11/23/07 01:16 AM, paan002 wrote:
Ok ok, they improved... and you did too! Liked the ani. :P

Here's my newest fight.

DOUBLE POST(or not)!
O rily! Thank y.... *smells lieing aura(smells?)* YA LIAR!! tell me or I'll cut you in half!! *Turns on chainsaw and looks like The Empress in House Of The Dead 4*

I has no sig lawl

Response to Pivot Stick Figure Showcase 2007-11-23 18:53:34

awesome!

Also, great news! i finally made my own signature stick. i made this for practice.

BBS Signature