00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coolgamer2000s just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Official Tablet Thread

19,521 Views | 259 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-10-21 00:22:53

At 10/20/06 11:37 PM, Luis wrote: IM NOT JOINING ASDGKASDJGLKADSGJL

Of course not Luis.
You are finally turning your life to the dark side of Tablets.
What about our good ol' Luis the mouse drawer.
We knew he would give in sooner or later.

I'm gonna stay with mouse for now; than get a tablet in december or something.
And Tom offered probably... ....rich... =[

At 10/20/06 11:40 PM, Vengeance wrote: But there's late night sleepovers, a campfire and we'll have a jolly good time!
I thought you were my e-fwend :(

OH MY GOD DID YOU SAY...SLEEPOVERRRRR? =OOO

At 10/20/06 11:40 PM, Eggy wrote: A club? whats it about? oh who cares whats its abouts CAN I JOIN PWEASE PWEASE!!!!

I have candy..

...50 year old pedifile trying to RAPE ME!!! AHHH!!!
iloveyou

but..you're not aloud to join..

damn this thread turned into spam on the third page... fudgesickles!

Now any questions?

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-10-21 01:43:29

Imagine how much better Luis is gonna be with a tablet, its kinda unfair. >.<

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-10-21 02:28:36

im banning rudy

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-11-06 23:21:09

Alright I'm bumping this thread due to some threads that appeared about Tablets.
So guys post in here.. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-11-14 16:35:39

I'm highly thinking about getting a tablet, but they seem so small. Would it be really hard to draw with it? Also, (this may be pushing it) could someone post a video of using a tablet so I could see how they work with flash? Like draw something..

Great topic btw.

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-11-14 17:42:27

Question: I was thinking of when I get a laptop, to get a tablet laptop, but often they have that rotating thing and I keep hearing how often they break. I was wondering if there was something they sell that Is basically a transparent screen that is pressure sensitive that you can clip over your existing monitor to make it touch sensitive. Does one exist? I didn't see it on the site.

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-11-14 17:49:07

I hate to whore myself out, but for anyone who cares, I just got a tablet and this is the first thing I made in Flash:

tablet demo

It was done on a 3x5 wacom grapphire 4, for your information. I plan to do lots more with it, it's quite fun.

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-11-15 19:03:24

At 11/14/06 04:35 PM, BizKit wrote: I'm highly thinking about getting a tablet, but they seem so small. Would it be really hard to draw with it? Also, (this may be pushing it) could someone post a video of using a tablet so I could see how they work with flash? Like draw something..

Great topic btw.

bump

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-11-15 19:36:24

At 11/14/06 05:49 PM, ShooterMG wrote: I hate to whore myself out, but for anyone who cares, I just got a tablet and this is the first thing I made in Flash:

tablet demo

It was done on a 3x5 wacom grapphire 4, for your information. I plan to do lots more with it, it's quite fun.

That is really nice actually for a tablet drawing. Thanks for sharing your work as an example =]

At 11/14/06 04:35 PM, BizKit wrote: I'm highly thinking about getting a tablet, but they seem so small. Would it be really hard to draw with it? Also, (this may be pushing it) could someone post a video of using a tablet so I could see how they work with flash? Like draw something..

Great topic btw.

Tablets aren't too small it's just what kind you by. Like a 6X8 or 6X11 you gotta pick the right one in which you think will be nice for you; but of course as the sizes go up so do the prices. So choose wisely. And it's not different drawing you can zoom in and what not. =P

Oh and thanks for the compliment; I had to make an official thread there are so many topics about Tablets. Just keeping the BBS more organized ;)

At 11/14/06 05:42 PM, snow-templar wrote: Question: I was thinking of when I get a laptop, to get a tablet laptop, but often they have that rotating thing and I keep hearing how often they break. I was wondering if there was something they sell that Is basically a transparent screen that is pressure sensitive that you can clip over your existing monitor to make it touch sensitive. Does one exist? I didn't see it on the site.

I really don't know about that. I'll have to look into it. The Laptop tablet is pretty sensative and is easily broken; I would rather just buy a seperate tablet if I was you but its' up to you if you wanna save money ;]

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-11-19 14:09:32

Ahh anymore questions?

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-11-26 19:29:31

Yep, I’m thinking to buy one, but it will be only as a hobbit.

I guess a Grapphir is enough for me? Anyway, I do not want to pay something too expensive.

Also, I've a wide screen. I can use one anyway? Will it be less precise?

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-03 14:00:07

QUESTION!: (too lazy ot search the thread)

-where can i buy a tablet...? in which stores? im looking for the graphire 4(thats the best cheapest right?)

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-05 12:16:58

is anyone going to answer my question?

just need to know where (real stores NOT online) i can buy a tablet

thanx

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-05 12:29:32

At 12/5/06 12:16 PM, PinkSkull wrote: is anyone going to answer my question?

just need to know where (real stores NOT online) i can buy a tablet

thanx

PC World.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-05 12:36:31

At 12/5/06 12:29 PM, zoy wrote: PC World.

Where in the world..?

Is this a decent one to get? I was recommended in the Flash regs thread about two weeks ago and have been thinking about possibly getting it.

- Amazon link
- Site

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-05 12:41:58

At 12/5/06 12:36 PM, Mogly wrote:
At 12/5/06 12:29 PM, zoy wrote: PC World.
Where in the world..?

Is this a decent one to get? I was recommended in the Flash regs thread about two weeks ago and have been thinking about possibly getting it.

- Amazon link
- Site

it was I who suggested you get it and i still think you should. its really good for animation especially fbf, and its just really great value for money. make sure you get v2 though, coz theres a v1 and its looks different and its worse apparantely :/

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-05 16:57:28

At 12/5/06 12:41 PM, zoy wrote: it was I who suggested you get it and i still think you should. its really good for animation especially fbf, and its just really great value for money. make sure you get v2 though, coz theres a v1 and its looks different and its worse apparantely :/

I have the v1 :P
It still works well, i suggest getting one they are cheap and easy to use.

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-05 17:00:33

At 12/5/06 12:41 PM, zoy wrote: it was I who suggested you get it and i still think you should. its really good for animation especially fbf, and its just really great value for money. make sure you get v2 though, coz theres a v1 and its looks different and its worse apparantely :/

Hmm alright then ty you two. I will get it, but if it's bad i'll have your heads..

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-07 19:29:27

Whick is better to use:Graphire or Intuos3?

hello

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-16 14:59:56

Help! my wacom volito2 i've had for about 3 weeks has stopped working...
I was about to start a project, i got my tablet and pen out and it didnt sense the pen! But im confused becouse on the volito2 theres a little light above the sensitive area that goes orange if nothing is happening and green if its being clicked... and when my pen makes contact with the tablet the light goes green but nothing happens on my monitor! whats happening?

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-16 18:45:11

me want a tablet :(

Getting one for christmas, though! :)

Hello. If you are reading this, then please put to mind that my new account is named "Squideey". You should go there, not here. Thank you.

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-26 19:03:42

Hey everyone,

I have been saving up a bit of money and want to buy a graphics tablet. Just to do some comics, flash game artwork and such.

I wish to spend around £60 for a good A4 (preferably) graphics tablet.
Any suggestions?

Thanks, Andy.

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-26 19:21:40

hmm.. does everyone just have the right to make an OFFICIAL thread?

Porto

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-28 04:01:19

get a tablet off eBay if you want to get one for cheap i got a 6x8 graphire 3
for $120 AUD

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-28 04:26:45

At 12/28/06 04:01 AM, Jack-sik wrote: get a tablet off eBay if you want to get one for cheap i got a 6x8 graphire 3
for $120 AUD

I got the same, but in a store for $140 AUD.

One question though.
What is the best way of getting used to using the tablet?
It is quite different to using a mouse.
If any one has any suggestions fo getting used to the tablet the quickest please reply.

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-28 05:19:15

At 12/28/06 04:52 AM, ShirtTurtle wrote: question answered?

That sorta answered my question.

Using my new tablet is quite weird.
I've probably been using the mouse for too long.

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-28 05:26:16

I have a Wacom Graphire thats awesome......but, I really want a Cintiq so I can advance.

The only thing is, Wacom seems to have discontinued the 15X and the 18SX lines. I don't want a 21UX, its too big and too expensive.

Does anyone know anywhere where there are 15/18Xs available?

Thanks.

-Dim

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-28 05:35:59

At 12/28/06 05:26 AM, The-Super-Flash-Bros wrote: -Dim

Have you tried e-bay? You might be able to find one there. That's where I got mine.

========|| WWWWWWWW>[-[Blog] - [Audio] - [Userpage] - [Flash] - [Last.fm]-]<WWWWWWWW ||========

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-28 06:30:47

At 12/28/06 06:18 AM, Makksor wrote: What is the best way to go? : wacom small (4x5) or Trust big (9x12)
The prices are the same. They say wacom is the best, but if you can buy a much bigger tablet for the same price, why not buy it???

well no matter what get a trusted brand like wacom or violato(or watever)
i would say wacom tho its all i trust i saw a tevion tablet 9x12 for less than a 6x8 wacom graphire 3 so i chose the wacom because thats more trusted and obviously effective because everyone else thinks they are

Response to The Official Tablet Thread 2006-12-28 06:32:38

At 12/28/06 05:19 AM, Magyar wrote:
At 12/28/06 04:52 AM, ShirtTurtle wrote: question answered?
That sorta answered my question.

Using my new tablet is quite weird.
I've probably been using the mouse for too long.

Same here i got it for xmas and it really weird to use im good at drawing so i guess i will get used to it soon