00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

joaomfigueiredo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,893,388 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-22 23:21:10 (edited 2016-01-22 23:26:15)

At 1/22/16 10:25 PM, GeoKureli wrote: After living in San Francisco for 5 months, I finally had a chance to bring my computer over when I visited the family in Chicago for Christmas. I just bought a desk last week. I haven't had time to get a proper chair or mousepad.

What kind of desk is it? This apt is furnished, and I won't have my own own place for a while, but I'll invest in a desk where my computer, monitor, mousepad, keyboard, and tablet can all coexist.

Edit: I've never seen this before

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-23 04:31:56 (edited 2016-01-23 04:43:45)

At 1/22/16 11:21 PM, MSGhero wrote:
At 1/22/16 10:25 PM, GeoKureli wrote: After living in San Francisco for 5 months, I finally had a chance to bring my computer over when I visited the family in Chicago for Christmas. I just bought a desk last week. I haven't had time to get a proper chair or mousepad.
What kind of desk is it? This apt is furnished, and I won't have my own own place for a while, but I'll invest in a desk where my computer, monitor, mousepad, keyboard, and tablet can all coexist.

Edit: I've never seen this before

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FB5LE8
just over $100 is a steal, IMO. What's great is it's 2 desks that can be separated. My next apartment will likely be smaller, and then I can probably turn it into a 2 piece mini-desk/night stand.

Separate Info:
someone just started a game mechanics wiki, which is genius. The original classification he used is dumb, but I would really love to see a community get behind this.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-23 07:48:39

At 1/22/16 11:21 PM, MSGhero wrote: Edit: I've never seen this before

I've had that happen to me damned near a hundred times. I vaguely recall liljim saying it was some kind of timing issue or race condition or something on their servers, but I'm not really sure. (It's certainly a bug, though.)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-23 08:19:10 (edited 2016-01-23 08:19:31)

lawn computer chair, color me impressed. drink holder and everything

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-24 01:31:48

At 1/23/16 08:19 AM, Luis wrote: lawn computer chair, color me impressed. drink holder and everything

Rotated to most impressive angle:

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-25 13:50:22

You're in SF now too ? We should meet up and grab a beer sometime.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-25 23:35:44 (edited 2016-01-25 23:44:23)

At 1/25/16 01:50 PM, PrettyMuchBryce wrote: You're in SF now too ? We should meet up and grab a beer sometime.

Yeah, Scott told me you were here. We should all catch up!

Edit: Forgot to say what I came here for.

Haxe project/lib layout. right now I've got one project with source/com.geokureli.krakel(my engine) and all my games in the same project such as: com.geokureli.baseball or com.geokureli.greed. I do the same with all my flash projects. that way to switch games I just change the document class (or in haxe, the project.xml).

I'm wondering if this is bad, if my games should be separated, or if my engine should be separate and referenced, should I isolate it and submit it to haxelib? The engine is nothing special, but is that the way haxe was intended to be used?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-26 04:55:13

I adore how in the last 8 years since I joined this site as a young ambitious yet eccentric artist, the world has grown so much giving young kids these days to do so much more. Communities, forums, mentors, etc... all are here. Seeing someone from this site have their work on a consul market is something to be proud of. It's evidence that each one of us have the potential to make something great for all to enjoy... Peace a love bros.

And yeah, I'm like Jar Jar being Darth Plagueis... I've never left this site. Just been in the shadows watching.
Doing this and that, here and there.

May the Mullet be with you. :3

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-26 09:41:39

At 1/25/16 11:35 PM, GeoKureli wrote: I'm wondering if this is bad, if my games should be separated, or if my engine should be separate and referenced, should I isolate it and submit it to haxelib? The engine is nothing special, but is that the way haxe was intended to be used?

Idk about haxelib, but I have my shared code in github. Then "haxelib git linkname.git reponame" or something like that will keep that lib updated when you update your libs without necessarily being a haxelib. You could also set an external src folder in project.xml, but I've never tried that.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-27 04:17:10

If you haven't seen this yet, take 10 minutes out of your day to do so. Totally worth it :D

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)

PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.

thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-27 06:22:14

Yo! If you are keen on checking out a site a friend of mine did on flash games, check it out here. A proper Finnish nerd!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-29 23:48:29

At 1/27/16 04:17 AM, egg82 wrote: If you haven't seen this yet, take 10 minutes out of your day to do so. Totally worth it :D

No application associated with the protocol intent:

At 1/29/16 04:48 AM, Innermike wrote:
At 1/29/16 04:12 AM, Innermike wrote: stuff
fucking hell man get off your soapbox

??? you replied to your own post ???

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-30 01:45:28

At 1/29/16 11:48 PM, Gimmick wrote: No application associated with the protocol intent:

SOMETIMES Android doesn't do what I want.
Fixed link.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-30 20:46:58

At 1/29/16 04:12 AM, Innermike wrote: crazy ramblings

are you actually the time cube guy?

why did you take down the website?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-31 01:26:14

3D games takes so much longer to develop then I expected. Also, trying to make the game scary. How the fuck do you know if something is scary while making it? Can only hope I guess.

Also, development area. Where the magic happens!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-01-31 05:04:59

At 1/31/16 01:26 AM, 23450 wrote: 3D games takes so much longer to develop then I expected. Also, trying to make the game scary. How the fuck do you know if something is scary while making it? Can only hope I guess.

I'm very slowly creating a prototype to a 3D horror game I'm creating with Unity. The atmosphere/ sound design are what make it creepy - no jump scare tactics in this game. I got to say it is really hard for me to tell if thing is even going to be scary to other people...like it is obviously not scary, or creepy, to me since I'm the one creating it. I guess time will tell when it gets to the point where I can have other players test it and hear their reactions...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-02-01 08:39:39 (edited 2016-02-01 08:41:59)

At 1/31/16 05:04 AM, HeroPower wrote: I guess time will tell when it gets to the point where I can have other players test it and hear their reactions...

Wouldn't it be too late to make it more/less creepy/scary by that point?

Edit: Holy shit, didn't realise that the timecube website was gone. RIP.
...I wonder if someone actually read all that?

What am I saying, there's probably a lot of people out there who did.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-02-01 10:22:14

At 2/1/16 08:39 AM, Gimmick wrote:
At 1/31/16 05:04 AM, HeroPower wrote: I guess time will tell when it gets to the point where I can have other players test it and hear their reactions...
Wouldn't it be too late to make it more/less creepy/scary by that point?

Hey Gimmick! Well that is why I am just making a prototype first and only building a very small portion of the game - a demo if you will - but I get where you are coming from. First time ever building my own 3D game, a horror one at that, so I'm just not sure how often/ what stages in development I should be testing it with an audience.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-02-02 16:24:18

At 2/1/16 08:39 AM, Gimmick wrote: Edit: Holy shit, didn't realise that the timecube website was gone. RIP.
...I wonder if someone actually read all that?

What am I saying, there's probably a lot of people out there who did.

It will live on forever.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160112193916/http://timecube.com/

*Disappears in a cloud of smoke*

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-02-02 18:49:31

At 2/2/16 04:24 PM, egg82 wrote: It will live on forever.
*Disappears in a cloud of smoke*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I remember that.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-02-02 20:36:27

It Is The Absolute Verifiable Truth & Proven Fact
That Your Belly-Button Signature Ties
To Viviparous Mama

Nice. I didn't even know I had a belly-button signature.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-02-02 22:31:19

At 2/2/16 08:36 PM, PrettyMuchBryce wrote:
It Is The Absolute Verifiable Truth & Proven Fact
That Your Belly-Button Signature Ties
To Viviparous Mama

Nice. I didn't even know I had a belly-button signature.

Ok last time I came across this, I didn't scroll down. What the actual fuck is the story behind this??

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-02-03 00:16:56 (edited 2016-02-03 00:17:45)

At 2/2/16 10:31 PM, MSGhero wrote:
At 2/2/16 04:24 PM, egg82 wrote: Motha-fucking time cube
https://web.archive.org/web/5318008/http://timecube.com/
What the actual fuck is the story behind this??

Also curious about the actual fuck involved here.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-02-03 23:35:49

At 2/3/16 12:16 AM, GeoKureli wrote:
What the actual fuck is the story behind this??
Also curious about the actual fuck involved here.

I've done a few reads of different versions of it and read some other comments of it, so my understanding is this:
It's an extrapolation of spacetime theory. Basically he's saying the earth rotates in four directions (dimensions?) at once - saying the bible taught time as linear; a day is 24 hours. He's saying this isn't true, and in fact we're living four days simultaneously and you don't see it because of where you're positioned in space relative to the sun, combined with the rotation of the earth and some other odd physics.

.. At least, I think.

All of this is, of course, peppered with homophobia and racism along with the occasional bible-bashing, so of course it's not exactly a popular opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-02-07 00:46:32

At 2/3/16 11:35 PM, egg82 wrote: .. At least, I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Cube

That pulls it apart better than I can. It's an interesting read, but I wouldn't spend my time on it. Nor would I consider it a GOOD read, really.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-02-12 18:36:08

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-02-13 01:44:29

At 1/30/16 01:45 AM, egg82 wrote: Fixed link.

I forgot to say that this was hilarious.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-02-13 18:03:24

At 2/13/16 10:57 AM, Innermike wrote: wake up sheeple

I use EncFS for the /home partition on my Lubuntu (laptop) system and Boxcryptor for my Dropbox account on Windows. I have a 64GB encrypted flash drive which I carry on a keychain along with a 64GB Kali flash drive (encrypted) and Tails OS (with some various FireFox plugins for better privacy). I keep nothing personal, and no private keys, in unencrypted storage.
I have multiple PGP keypairs for various things.
I randomly generate all my password using LastPass and use a 20+-character master password.
I use BTGuard VPN for a fair portion of my web browsing/data downloading, and use OpenNIC for DNS resolution.
My laptop has anti-theft, of course.
My phone uses two custom OSes, both with anti-theft and SMSSecure installed.
All my notepads are encrypted.
I have CSipSimple (using Ostel) installed on my phone, along with AIMSICD (and other aforementioned software for encryption and privacy, OpenVPN and the like)
I finally got an account on ProtonMail, which is nice.
I have a Raspberry Pi attached to my network as a NIDS.

I willingly give up some of my private information to corporations like Google because they provide more targeted services that cater better to me needs. I believe in these cases, the benefits outweigh the costs.

I have a distaste for our (the U.S.'s) current voting policy (the "First Past the Post" system) and wish we could change it. I still vote regardless, but I don't like the system at all.

I guarantee whatever you're selling I already have long-covered ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-02-13 20:12:16 (edited 2016-02-13 20:15:05)

I could give two or three shits on what info people have on me. So, the government knows I like vanilla ice cream more than chocolate, big deal. In the end it's likely just a big graph representing the masses, rather than a person specifically targeting you. My bank has a pretty good anti-fraud department, I check my finances and keep my passwords tight.

I, for one, welcome our new watchful big brother overlord.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2016-02-13 21:42:36

holy shit, i can't believe this thread is still going.

i miss the mid-to-late 2000s. ):

snyggys