00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Feenixs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,886,404 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-13 20:10:42

so it's been spring break for the last week, and I still have over half a week left (yay, awesome scheduling!)

what have I accomplished in this time?
1. Watched a ton of youtube videos
2. Played a ton of games
3. Played around with Netbeans a little before going back to more games

yepp. Pretty productive week :D

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)

PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.

thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-13 20:29:55

At 3/13/13 08:10 PM, egg82 wrote: so it's been spring break for the last week, and I still have over half a week left (yay, awesome scheduling!)

what have I accomplished in this time?
1. Watched a ton of youtube videos
2. Played a ton of games
3. Played around with Netbeans a little before going back to more games

yepp. Pretty productive week :D

Mine starts after my 3 tests tomorrow. 4 day weekend every weekend isn't enough of a break right now x.x

This one class is making me start to hate my major...I was in the lab with my group for 10 hours on Monday building this device, and of course something happens and it doesn't work today in class. Of course I get blamed even though the code worked before and after the test >.> At least once this class is over, my major gets interesting to me again.

Though I am planning on taking only programming classes next semester, fuck building physical things

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-13 20:57:41

I just realized the hotel we booked for GDC has a big problem where there's a shitton of homeless people outside doing drugs and bad things.

Guys help I don't wanna be killed and raped and do drugs D:

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-13 21:05:33

At 3/13/13 08:57 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: I just realized the hotel we booked for GDC has a big problem where there's a shitton of homeless people outside doing drugs and bad things.

Guys help I don't wanna be killed and raped and do drugs D:

Just do what I did when I did the second time I went to GDC: get drunk and smoke weed with them. Best job interview ever.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-14 09:20:09

Lmao job interview with a homeless person is a really funny concept.

I'm at GDC and Flashgamesummit for the first time this year.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-14 16:33:06

At 3/14/13 09:20 AM, I-smel wrote: Lmao job interview with a homeless person is a really funny concept.

Actually the job interview was with people I met at GDC, and they paid for the weed.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-15 05:16:47

At 3/14/13 09:20 AM, I-smel wrote: Lmao job interview with a homeless person is a really funny concept.

Awesome. You should come check out Concerned Joe at GDC Play. We're at booth 9, right in the first row at the entrance.

Also I wanna shake your hand cuz you're awesome and stuff.

At 3/14/13 04:33 PM, GeoKureli wrote: Actually the job interview was with people I met at GDC, and they paid for the weed.

So how was your GDC experience? Aside from the weed.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-15 12:54:58

At 3/15/13 05:16 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: So how was your GDC experience? Aside from the weed.

I won a ps3, I turned that down job, one year I met Glaiel. Next time I go, I want to submit a game to the IGF

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-15 15:04:52

At 3/15/13 01:44 PM, Innermike wrote: When is the James Gam then? I thought it was going to be sometime this month.

I asked Tom if it'll be soon and he said yeah. No idea when soon is, though.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-17 16:22:32

oh god GDC is in a week

let the liver preparation begin

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 11:30:04

This thread is still alive!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 12:18:34

all the lectures are on at the same time, ugguuoooohhh!!!!!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 14:42:40

Are bold headers still being used?
Does anyone have a gamefile in his Newgrounds Project folder thing he or she can invite me as a beta-tester for? It could even be a blank .swf for all I care, or something you simply have lying about. Out of the 30 people I have sent a beta invite so far I think only 2 or so managed to get it to work, so I'm curious as to how it works from the tester's side. Many thanks and hugs in advance.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 15:07:31

At 3/18/13 02:42 PM, Xeptic wrote: Are bold headers still being used?
Does anyone have a gamefile in his Newgrounds Project folder thing he or she can invite me as a beta-tester for? It could even be a blank .swf for all I care, or something you simply have lying about. Out of the 30 people I have sent a beta invite so far I think only 2 or so managed to get it to work, so I'm curious as to how it works from the tester's side. Many thanks and hugs in advance.

Here you go

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/34f5a07dac4834b1f23d80bb 1461fc3a

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 15:29:22

At 3/18/13 03:07 PM, Rustygames wrote:
Here you go

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/34f5a07dac4834b1f23d80bb 1461fc3a

Cutesy, thanks for the effort, splendid use of gradients. However not quite what I wanted :) What I would like someone to do is: Go to their Project System > Select a Project from there > click Preview > and then at the bottom left add me as a beta tester. I think that is the way people are supposed to invite testers to projects.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 15:53:38

I added you to one of my old projects. It's never not worked for me, I just add a person from the project preview

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 16:10:15

At 3/18/13 03:53 PM, MSGhero wrote: I added you to one of my old projects. It's never not worked for me, I just add a person from the project preview

Thanks, it works like a charm. Maybe people need to look a little better.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 18:10:45

At 3/18/13 12:18 PM, I-smel wrote: all the lectures are on at the same time, ugguuoooohhh!!!!!

protip the only ones you should go to are the indie game summit ones, the rest are shit like "How to optimize hat-sales in IOS angry birds clones"

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-18 19:59:31

At 3/18/13 06:10 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 3/18/13 12:18 PM, I-smel wrote: all the lectures are on at the same time, ugguuoooohhh!!!!!
protip the only ones you should go to are the indie game summit ones, the rest are shit like "How to optimize hat-sales in IOS angry birds clones"

Yeah the first 2 days are a lot of small-business stuff, and everything after that is like "how to market an existing licensed propert" or... whatever.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-19 01:45:29

At 3/18/13 07:59 PM, I-smel wrote:
At 3/18/13 06:10 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
Yeah the first 2 days are a lot of small-business stuff, and everything after that is like "how to market an existing licensed propert" or... whatever.

there's a couple of good ones after the first 2 days. microtalks, rants, experimental gameplay session

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-20 14:05:34

At 3/19/13 01:45 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:

So where are you guys staying and do you have all access passes or what?

We're staying at Renoir Hotel and we have expo passes, and the "Staff Pass" which comes with the GDC Play booth..not exactly sure what type of pass that counts as.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-20 20:37:50

I went on a journey of discovery this last week.
Well, not really. I just watched a lot of youtube videos.

I did, however, discover I have an ambition to become popular on youtube. I dunno why, I just think it'd be a cool experience.
Anyway, that's my current goal.

What're you all up to?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-20 21:24:09

At 3/20/13 08:37 PM, egg82 wrote: What're you all up to?

The last 1-2% of this RPG. Watching Breaking Bad. Putting off homework until I get back to campus.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 03:55:55

Restructuring entire graphic engine while I wait for assets from team mates, then level design.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 12:26:08

At 3/21/13 03:49 AM, PSvils wrote: I on the other hand have useful ambitions like working on my NeuroPulse game, which I'm starting to do morning - night, so making good progress.

I don't expect my goal to be a reality :P
The journey should be a lot of fun

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 13:33:34

At 3/20/13 08:37 PM, egg82 wrote: I did, however, discover I have an ambition to become popular on youtube. I dunno why, I just think it'd be a cool experience.
Anyway, that's my current goal.

Good luck on that. I feel like most of the stuff I see my friends watching is just rehashed stuff from other popular channels, done in such a way that their only goal is to become "YouTube famous". I suppose if you can bring something new and interesting (which is a feat in itself, considering YT size), then I'd definitely give it a watch.

Oh also, PRODUCTION VALUE.

What're you all up to?

It's been the last week of my first year at uni, so starting Saturday I aim to revise. Unlikely that's how it'll go to plan but there you go. Aside from that I've been working on a couple of games which I'll have tons more time for when I finish tomorrow. Game grumps everyday, too.

At 3/21/13 03:49 AM, PSvils wrote: I on the other hand have useful ambitions like working on my NeuroPulse game, which I'm starting to do morning - night, so making good progress.

How do you keep motivation to work on a project day after day? Just interested,

In other news, freelance mobile app project using Haxe/NME. But NeuroPulse is starting to define my life.

I really enjoy writing in Haxe/NME, but nothing has really come of it. I've tested some Android stuff but that's as far as it's gone.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 14:06:22

At 3/21/13 01:33 PM, Sam wrote: It's been the last week of my first year at uni

Nice, 2 weeks and this design class is over, which might as well be the end of my semester.

How do you keep motivation to work on a project day after day? Just interested,

For me, since it's almost done is my motivation. But before it was like 75% done, I was just interested in seeing how I could add a new feature or what it would look like.

I usually coded in frustration after a few games of dota with bad teammates

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 14:32:31

At 3/20/13 02:05 PM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 3/19/13 01:45 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
So where are you guys staying and do you have all access passes or what?

We're staying at Renoir Hotel and we have expo passes, and the "Staff Pass" which comes with the GDC Play booth..not exactly sure what type of pass that counts as.

i'm staying at the indie hostel (hostel international), its close to the convention and super cheap and all the indie game devs stay there, it's not really a fancy or comfortable place, and I could have afforded better this year, but I know a lot of people staying there so it makes it worth it.

I have the indie gaming summit pass, (gets you into IGS talks and the expo floor), I can usually sneak my way into the main conference sessions worth going to.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 22:15:58

So I went to general forum for the first time...what the fuck is wrong with people?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2013-03-21 22:26:20

At 3/21/13 10:15 PM, MSGhero wrote: So I went to general forum for the first time...what the fuck is wrong with people?

ahahaha, yeah, that's the general consensus from people from other lounges. You have to be a specific type of crazy to understand what's going on there, but it's generally pretty funny no matter what angle you look at the topics there.

BBS Signature