00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ruthless3r just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,891,047 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-31 17:36:38

Can you change how long it takes for Flash to display the "A code has become unresponsive" when you /accidently/ use an infinite loop?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-31 17:40:29

At 5/31/10 05:36 PM, Sam wrote: Can you change how long it takes for Flash to display the "A code has become unresponsive" when you /accidently/ use an infinite loop?

Publish Settings, at the bottom, "Script time limit". Never actually used it but I'm pretty sure that's it.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-31 17:53:55

At 5/31/10 05:36 PM, Sam wrote: Can you change how long it takes for Flash to display the "A code has become unresponsive" when you /accidently/ use an infinite loop?

yes, in the publish settings (wouldn't recommend doing that unless you have a good reason too, if a process really takes that long you should try saving the state and continuing it on the next frame)

you can also catch the ScriptTimeoutError and not have flash terminate your process (if it throws it again [in the same frame or in the catch block, i forget] you can't catch that one).

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-31 17:57:21

At 5/31/10 05:53 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
yes, in the publish settings (wouldn't recommend doing that unless you have a good reason too, if a process really takes that long you should try saving the state and continuing it on the next frame)

you can also catch the ScriptTimeoutError and not have flash terminate your process (if it throws it again [in the same frame or in the catch block, i forget] you can't catch that one).

I'm recoding something in AS3, and i've been using AS2 so long I keep _ things, and in my while loops I was writing _y--.

I'm so gr8 at acshunskipt

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-31 20:15:09

hey guys guess what

Quincy the Quadriplegic Amputee is going to be on TV

basically these people were doing a documentary and part of it had a feature on my teacher, Mr Scott because he teaches things weird; he does exactly opposite of what teachers are supposed to do. he does not teach, he lets us do what we want, and we're allowed to throw any type of music or video up on the screen for people to listen to/watch. and yet his classes get amazing results.

So anyways, the top two animations were sent off to the people who were making the documentary. its set to air sometime in the fall.

I really think that quincy is shit, because it really is, but i'm happy to have it on TV.

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-31 20:24:30

At 5/31/10 08:15 PM, fluffkomix wrote:
I really think that quincy is shit, because it really is, but i'm happy to have it on TV.

That's rad dude! Make sure you put like a lil "fluffkomix.newgrounds.com" in the title somewhere ;)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-31 20:33:33

At 5/31/10 08:24 PM, JordanD wrote:
At 5/31/10 08:15 PM, fluffkomix wrote:
That's rad dude! Make sure you put like a lil "fluffkomix.newgrounds.com" in the title somewhere ;)

it's already out, but i'll check to see if i can update it

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-05-31 20:55:05

you should also put one frame innuendos in it too. good luck pausing it on an interpolated frame of grotesque imagery!

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 00:31:36

At 5/31/10 08:15 PM, fluffkomix wrote: I really think that quincy is shit, because it really is, but i'm happy to have it on TV.

which reminds me

jumping turtles won 2nd prize at my school's film festival. $150 in the bag. I also got a neat-o plaque with my name on it.

and good job on getting on tv fluffy, one step closer to fame I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 03:06:31

Flash player audio keeps cutting out

And I seriously can't figure out why. It happens with everything embedded into a webpage. I'm not just about the stand alone, but the sound cuts out randomly on youtube videos, flash videos here do it too.

Pissing me off. Help me guiz

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 05:42:22

At 5/31/10 03:26 PM, Xeptic wrote: I'm thinking of holding back on the beers until I finish my game, as a little extra motivation

I don't even know where to start with you.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 08:29:44

Hooray for fluffkomix and turtleco!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 10:05:59

At 6/1/10 08:29 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Hooray for fluffkomix and turtleco!

We should hold a surprise party for them! Just don't tell them about it!

I swear to god Zorse if they find out about it its your ass!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 12:24:09

At 6/1/10 05:42 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
At 5/31/10 03:26 PM, Xeptic wrote: I'm thinking of holding back on the beers until I finish my game, as a little extra motivation
I don't even know where to start with you.

I know. It's pathetic. I need to finish something soon though, because I'm having trouble supporting my bohemian lifestyle. If only I had a more manly beard, I could do one of those cliché no-shaving things.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 13:04:27

At 6/1/10 12:24 PM, Xeptic wrote: I know. It's pathetic. I need to finish something soon though, because I'm having trouble supporting my bohemian lifestyle. If only I had a more manly beard, I could do one of those cliché no-shaving things.

even if you dont you can still do a no shaving thing, it just gets freaking itchy for like 2 months, but after that you have a ...passable... beard which makes 2 of the parties at GDC not bother checking ID on you

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 14:12:02

At 6/1/10 06:27 AM, citricsquid wrote: happening to me too, I think the latest flash player release is fucked. restarting my browser (which I guess restarts the flash process) fixes it. using the new latest version alpha release thing?

I dont even know man.

I went to update when I was testing Glaiels engine and since then it seems to not work, even though it didnt have a Chrome specific download, I chose the "Other Browsers" one.

Glaiels game didnt think I had updated, just gave me the same text telling me what player version I had so I dunno what the fuck is going on.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 15:02:21

Hai guiz:

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 15:03:19

Awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 16:00:36

At 6/1/10 03:02 PM, BoMToons wrote: Hai guiz:

Been totally wanting to build myself one too once I get out of this blasted apartment. I think I'm going to put a flat-panel hooked up to a PC with key-mapped emulations on it so it's expandable.

Btw: Ridged slide compound miter in the back?

Writer @ www.Johnrickett.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 16:01:56

At 6/1/10 03:02 PM, BoMToons wrote: Hai guiz:

Are people supposed to get inside that and act like a videogame?

wtfbbqhax

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 16:05:54

I give up :(!

I spent like an hour putting together a story board for my Robot Day submissions and Flash crashed on me.

I had about a minute of story board, pretty wlel planned out. Synced with the music took some time but it looked good :(

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 16:25:05

At 6/1/10 04:05 PM, Sam wrote: I give up :(!

I spent like an hour putting together a story board for my Robot Day submissions and Flash crashed on me.

Ctrl+S every 40 seconds like a bad habit ftw.

Writer @ www.Johnrickett.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 16:34:36

At 6/1/10 04:25 PM, Johnny wrote:

Ctrl+S for every line of code I write....

"Insert deep, brain twisting sentence here"

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 16:56:42

At 6/1/10 10:05 AM, JordanD wrote:
At 6/1/10 08:29 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Hooray for fluffkomix and turtleco!
We should hold a surprise party for them! Just don't tell them about it!

I swear to god Zorse if they find out about it its your ass!

please don't take zorse's ass :'C

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 21:24:56

Watching Anchorman for like the 5th time.

Love this film :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 21:45:45

Leo & Satan II may have set a new NG record from going from 'Under Judgment', to front page top slot. Don't get me wrong. It's hilarious, Oney is a seriously talented artist, and I 5'd it up accordingly.

Still, I watched it, this morning go from purple, deep in the UJ queue, to instant number one. Neat trick.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-01 22:47:39

At 6/1/10 09:45 PM, doctormario wrote: Leo & Satan II may have set a new NG record from going from 'Under Judgment', to front page top slot. Don't get me wrong. It's hilarious, Oney is a seriously talented artist, and I 5'd it up accordingly.

Still, I watched it, this morning go from purple, deep in the UJ queue, to instant number one. Neat trick.

the intro was better than the actual movie :X but both are still sweet!

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-02 00:24:48

At 6/1/10 04:34 PM, tomdeaap wrote:
At 6/1/10 04:25 PM, Johnny wrote:

Ctrl+S for every line of code I write....

Ctrl+S several times every five seconds just to make GODDAMN sure I saved it right.

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-02 00:36:58

At 6/1/10 04:05 PM, Sam wrote:
I give up :(!

Well I just redid the story board but a shit ton better.

Also I was planning on ordering the NG poster, until I realised the 1 to 2 weeks shipping was more than the poster itself.

Fucking gayzz

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-06-02 00:41:38

Yet even with all of those Ctrl+S's, there is still something in the back of my mind paranoid that my hard drive will blow up at any moment.

#include <stdio.h>

char*p="#include <stdio.h>%cchar*p=%c%s%c;%cmain() {printf(p,10,34,p,34,10);}";

main() {printf(p,10,34,p,34,10);}

BBS Signature