Occlusion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-01 18:31:44 Reply

At 8/1/09 05:35 PM, Duchednier wrote:
im gonna go with depredation?

Don't be stupid dep doesn't have an alt account.

Especially not one with an awesome an alias as this.
Kool-Aid
Kool-Aid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-01 19:24:37 Reply

At 8/1/09 06:31 PM, Occlusion wrote:
Especially not one with an awesome an alias as this.

Cough cough this totally isn't Dep's steam account name :)

WillSmith
WillSmith
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 01:15:56 Reply

Hey guys, I'm an alt too, wanna guess who's?

VicBiss
VicBiss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 01:33:01 Reply

At 8/2/09 01:15 AM, WillSmith wrote: Hey guys, I'm an alt too, wanna guess who's?

Somebody no one gives a shit about?

sig'd

WillSmith
WillSmith
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 01:45:17 Reply

At 8/2/09 01:33 AM, chickendance333 wrote:
At 8/2/09 01:15 AM, WillSmith wrote: Hey guys, I'm an alt too, wanna guess who's?

Go fuck yo damn saelf yo

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

GustTheASGay
GustTheASGay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 06:17:35 Reply

No.

haXe AliceML Box2dLite Learn AS
#ngprogramming at irc.freenode.net
OVER NINE THOUSAAAAND!!!

crushy
crushy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 09:49:08 Reply

Anyone else having issues with signing in to FlashGameLicense? It's saying to me and few others that our accounts never existed D:

BBS Signature
knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 10:32:06 Reply

Seems like they fixed FGL just now, and all data is intact as far as I can see :)

jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 10:34:44 Reply

A lot of companies do maintenance around Sunday morning, probably was down for server fixes.

I tried looking up Peets coffee around 4:45 am once to get morning coffee and their website was closed from 2 am to 6 am. The idea that a website is "closed" somehow boggles my mind.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 11:11:23 Reply

Enough is enough. GoDaddy just automatically charged me $431.71 for hosting renewal for glaielgames (it's been 5 years already I guess). The confirmation email had no info as to which credit card was charged, not even the typical **** **** *** ### you usually get on those types of confirmations.

I have 4 cards on my account. 5 years is a long time and I couldn't delete inactive ones if I remember. I have 2 debit cards I use myself (2 different banks). One has money, one might not have enough money to cover it. I want to know which one they charged.

So i click "log in" on their absolutely horrible website. Instead of logging in, it locks my account. All good and such, that's definitely what I wanted to happen after hitting log in once. So as protocol, I get the email saying my account was locked too. And godaddy won't let me unlock my account through email. I HAVE to call their customer service line and stay on hold for 2 hours.

I haven't done this yet. This is not the first time this has happened. In the past unlocking my account usually required me to give them the last 4 digits of the card on my account.

The whole reason i wanted in to my account was to find out which card was used.

I use godaddy cause it's freaking cheap hosting and a lot of value for it. But damn I'm getting completely fed up with their bullshit website and customer support and tendency to lock my account EVERY SINGLE TIME i try to log in.

Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 11:36:07 Reply

lmao I am yet to see a customer service worst than Dell's, they'll literally have you there for 7 hours if you're too stupid for hanging up

patu1
patu1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 12:06:30 Reply

At 8/2/09 11:11 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Enough is enough. GoDaddy just automatically charged me $431.71 for hosting renewal for glaielgames (it's been 5 years already I guess). The confirmation email had no info as to which credit card was charged, not even the typical **** **** *** ### you usually get on those types of confirmations.

if you can find a cause and have money for a lawyer i say sue (did i write okay ?) their asses !
just kidding but you should probobly switch host..

BBS Signature
liam
liam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 12:11:24 Reply

At 8/2/09 11:11 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: I use godaddy cause it's freaking cheap hosting and a lot of value for it. But damn I'm getting completely fed up with their bullshit website and customer support and tendency to lock my account EVERY SINGLE TIME i try to log in.

I hate GoDaddys website, never used them but the website alone speaks of technical incompetence..

Anyway, talking of technical incompetence (we are now), I just managed to get my PC to connect to the Wifi by using a pair of pliers as an aerial. I'd show you a picture but it's too darn awesome/lame.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature
Kool-Aid
Kool-Aid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 14:37:59 Reply

No.

Yes.

You guys like this sig better? I added some purple shit.

patu1
patu1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 14:54:48 Reply

At 8/2/09 02:37 PM, Blackfang wrote:
No.

Yes.

You guys like this sig better? I added some purple shit.

very nice and slick looking but you should had somthing that will had intrest to it..
like look in liam sig the alien hominid really chatches the eye...just my humble un pro opinion..

BBS Signature
Sam
Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 15:04:57 Reply

At 8/2/09 02:54 PM, patu1 wrote: very nice and slick looking but you should had somthing that will had intrest to it..
like look in liam sig the alien hominid really chatches the eye...just my humble un pro opinion..

Yeah, Blackfang needs to be more attractive and bold. Looks sick none-the-less :)

liam
liam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 15:17:08 Reply

At 8/2/09 02:37 PM, Blackfang wrote: You guys like this sig better? I added some purple shit.

I do. Saza had a good point though, try putting the Blackfang at the top.. pure white, or something.. I'm not sure :p

At 8/2/09 02:54 PM, patu1 wrote: like look in liam sig the alien hominid really chatches the eye...just my humble un pro opinion..

I don't know if I like my sig.. it doesn't stand out much (that makes me sound really ego-y, wanting my sig to stand out), but I'm not sure if I mind. I want my username changed to "liam" and contacted wade a few days ago, so when that gets done I will change my sig anyway.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature
Depredation
Depredation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 17:31:31 Reply

I'm going to try and keep this sig for a while, as i tend to identify people by their level/sig rather than looking at their usernames. Kirk for example is drilled into my head because he's had that sig since the dawn of time and luises posts always stand out because of the colourful lollipop.

Game Tech

I really think we are coming to a peak of 2D graphics now (all real time, all 3d). I don't think we can progress a huge amount more without moving into the realms of VR or an entirely new perspective on gaming.

Obviously graphics/physics can still be further improved, they are nowhere near real life levels, but i'm not sure more pixels will add further to the experience. 3D has recently taken off (for some reason) and i think that's going to be the next big endevour for a lot of developers.

Anyway, what do people think is the next step forward for the way we play?

BBS Signature
Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 17:37:53 Reply

I'm probably gonna do a sig with James from SH2 to parody Kirk's sig :]

trig1
trig1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 18:05:40 Reply

At 8/2/09 05:31 PM, Depredation wrote: Anyway, what do people think is the next step forward for the way we play?

Genuine 3D. If it actually works properly, the future of games is going to be awesome.

jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 18:06:36 Reply

At 8/2/09 11:11 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: Enough is enough.

Call them. Also, always disable auto-renew on anything over a year in renewal length. I've had similar things happen with other companies and its just a good habit.

Hi there!

BBS Signature
Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 18:13:18 Reply

Disgrace goes everywhere I go, first, my programmer would be inactive, and now SpamBurger got hacked. I'm sad.

Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 18:13:37 Reply

At 8/2/09 06:06 PM, jmtb02 wrote:
Call them. Also, always disable auto-renew on anything over a year in renewal length. I've had similar things happen with other companies and its just a good habit.

I've had to call them for customer service once, they fixed the problem really fast and I don't think I was on hold more than a few minutes, if that. I'm pretty sure their policy on automatic renewals is that you have 5 days or a week to call them and have the charges reversed.

BBS Signature
Depredation
Depredation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 19:03:04 Reply

At 8/2/09 06:05 PM, trig1 wrote: Genuine 3D. If it actually works properly, the future of games is going to be awesome.

It works, a mate has those Nvidia 3D glasses and they are truly amazing. My favorite game to use them with is GRID, if you crash into a wall and a tyre comes off it looks as if it is coming towards you, really immersive stuff, but not cheap.

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 19:24:18 Reply

At 8/2/09 06:06 PM, jmtb02 wrote:

I complained on Twitter instead. Ironically, got much faster results there than over email, but after complaining they let me unlock the account without calling support. All is well.

Toast
Toast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 19:42:32 Reply

At 8/2/09 07:03 PM, Depredation wrote:
At 8/2/09 06:05 PM, trig1 wrote: Genuine 3D. If it actually works properly, the future of games is going to be awesome.
It works, a mate has those Nvidia 3D glasses and they are truly amazing. My favorite game to use them with is GRID, if you crash into a wall and a tyre comes off it looks as if it is coming towards you, really immersive stuff, but not cheap.

Looks nice, too bad I bought an ATI. I'm not sure if it's worth buying for every day use though, sure it can be a fun thing to try out at your friend's computer or something, but i wouldn't wanna play all my games in 3D all the time. I mainly play games for the competition, and if the graphics are nice then it's a little bonus, but it's not necessary. 3d glasses are nice for casual gaming i guess, but not for "pro" gaming :p

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 19:45:47 Reply

At 8/2/09 05:31 PM, Depredation wrote: but i'm not sure more pixels will add further to the experience.

No but more shaders will. I can only pull like 3 post process shaders on Closure's engine before starting to drop below 60 FPS, but damn it'd be nice to pop like 40 shaders in there.

Render-to-texture (applicable for reflections and other useful stuff, especially in 2D) is also a bit expensive if you switch them around a lot. In some cases it can be like trying to render the game 4 times per frame (trying to pull 240FPS constantly)

More power is always good, and I think we're at least a generation away from seeing another paradigm shift

turtleco
turtleco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-02 23:14:33 Reply

At 8/1/09 02:26 PM, trig1 wrote: Quick tip: if you want something done, do not install a playstation emulator. I was playing it till 3 am yesterday until I realised that I hadn't eaten.

lol, I've been playing castlevania: SOTN very addicting and fun. though half of the voice acting is.... well... anouying. But Alucard can make any girl orgasm. Anyway... which game were you playing? MGS?

BBS Signature
Jimp
Jimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-03 05:51:01 Reply

At 8/2/09 05:31 PM, Depredation wrote:
I really think we are coming to a peak of 2D graphics now (all real time, all 3d). I don't think we can progress a huge amount more without moving into the realms of VR or an entirely new perspective on gaming.

I think theres still a lot of room for games to get better visually. Games like Crysis and Gran Turismo do look amazing, but I still think there is way more room for improvement. The thing I always do is look to the 3D animate films, we havent seen anything near the visuals in Up, or even Spirits Within yet. Hopefully when we reach that "photorealistic" stage where everything looks perfect, developers will look to other ways of improving visuals to make them stand out from all the other pixel-perfect games out there.

Glaiel, Closure is way more visually stimulating to me than yet another first person shooter with 40 shaders stuck on would be.

BBS Signature
Depredation
Depredation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-03 13:01:37 Reply

At 8/3/09 05:51 AM, Jimp wrote: I think theres still a lot of room for games to get better visually. Games like Crysis and Gran Turismo do look amazing, but I still think there is way more room for improvement. The thing I always do is look to the 3D animate films, we havent seen anything near the visuals in Up, or even Spirits Within yet. Hopefully when we reach that "photorealistic" stage where everything looks perfect, developers will look to other ways of improving visuals to make them stand out from all the other pixel-perfect games out there.

I don't think the focus should be on graphics, i think physics are a much more immersive device. For example, imagine a game with crysis's graphics, but with real life physics, ie every brick falls indivualy and shatters and breaks to an atomic level. Then i think we will have reached the true peak of 2D immersion.

BBS Signature