00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,882,508 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-04 22:00:57

At 1/4/10 09:24 PM, Luis wrote:
At 1/4/10 07:04 PM, turtleco wrote: we should have a contest for what his level icon will look like...
seeing that its a community based position, i was discussing it with Tom and we'll actually setup a little mini contest for it.

I bet half of the entries will be penises (peni?)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-04 22:17:56

At 1/4/10 10:00 PM, turtleco wrote: I bet half of the entries will be penises (peni?)

Penes, my friend. Penes. That's the greek origin of the plural, and I guess that its german variant, penisse, is also accepted in some parts of the world. Such horrible vulgarisations such as "penii" are misconceptions perpetuated by individuals who clearly lack any sense of coherence in etymology.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-04 22:37:33

I want to congratulate and seriously wish the best of lucks to Luis on his new job, I'm sure he'll do just fine. Also, I made him a little gift, I made it really quickly, but it was fun to do, and I wanted to commemorate this special even of him being given the... administrator of... something.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-04 23:34:46

At 1/4/10 10:37 PM, Zyphonee wrote: I want to congratulate and seriously wish the best of lucks to Luis on his new job, I'm sure he'll do just fine. Also, I made him a little gift, I made it really quickly, but it was fun to do, and I wanted to commemorate this special even of him being given the... administrator of... something.

Not dark enough skin...

ALSO LUIS!

Its okay that you logged off :) I didn't cry THAT much

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 05:06:23

Every time I see Mr. T cooking up a diner on TellSell my inner-child dies a little...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 09:18:25

At 1/5/10 05:06 AM, Xeptic wrote: Every time I see Mr. T cooking up a diner on TellSell my inner-child dies a little...

:(

Where have all the Mr Ts gone,
And where are all the fights,
Where's the street-wise Mr T,
To beat up any fool in sight.

Isn't there a ...(avoiding colour in order not to be racist)... upon a fiery tank,
Late at night he throws Snickers at me and dreams of whooping ass...

I need a Mr T,
I'm holding out for a fool pitying Mr T 'til the end of the night,
He's gotta be strong,
And he's gotta kick-ass,
And he's gotta be winning the fight.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 10:22:42

If you like TD games you will almost certainly like this. It's probably on NG too, since it's sponsored by Armor Games. It's very casual =D

At 1/4/10 09:24 PM, Luis wrote: seeing that its a community based position, i was discussing it with Tom and we'll actually setup a little mini contest for it.

It's ok, I've done it for you.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 10:24:19

Wait, when did you lose those extra A's?

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 10:39:31

At 1/5/10 10:24 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Wait, when did you lose those extra A's?

Yea wtf, wasn't your name liaaaam???

And maybe something like this would work well as Luis' icon. (Image by M-Vero)

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

don't be late | Collab101 | Australian Users List | Nayhan's actionScript examples > click

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 20:09:17

At 1/5/10 10:39 AM, Nayhan wrote:
At 1/5/10 10:24 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Wait, when did you lose those extra A's?
Yea wtf, wasn't your name liaaaam???

oh GOD now i gotta change the credits of exile4, special thanks from liaaaam to liam....

you're making my life so hard liam! srsly!!

u know what, you're out of the credits! you did nothing anyways!

*hmph*

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 20:29:52

here is my contest entry :PPPP

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 20:42:52

I'm going to enter a new flash movie soon.
How can I make it rate higher?
I feel my work is worthy of higher ratings.
But it's just not getting enough attention.
e____e

I has a candy apple... tis yummy. :3

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 21:21:40

At 1/5/10 08:58 PM, zrb wrote:
At 1/5/10 08:42 PM, Bailifagus wrote: I'm going to enter a new flash movie soon.
How can I make it rate higher?
I feel my work is worthy of higher ratings.
But it's just not getting enough attention.
e____e
If its good, it will get high ratings.
Simple as that :P

Ouch

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 21:34:49

At 1/5/10 09:21 PM, Bailifagus wrote:
Ouch

unfortunately its true, just put more work and more time into your flash, and it will do better :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 21:41:25

If you REALLY want higher ratings, just do parodies of popular games and movies. Sure it may be selling out, but that's a small price to pay for popularity.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 21:45:15

At 1/5/10 09:41 PM, Bubbowrap wrote: If you REALLY want higher ratings, just do parodies of popular games and movies. Sure it may be selling out, but that's a small price to pay for popularity.

ewww..how dare you even speak the word parodies in these here sacred halls of reg!

;)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 22:20:18

Will you guys look at my new one when I upload later tonight?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 22:29:16

At 1/5/10 10:20 PM, Bailifagus wrote: Will you guys look at my new one when I upload later tonight?

only if you reply to that PM i sent you!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 22:49:02

I googled something and got this as the first result. Seriously, watch until the ending, I love how the guy with the goatee even starts making small pauses so he doesn't get confused with the script.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 23:01:27

Guys i made my first REALLY LONG POST... i think you should all go read it and then post your own tips and shit :P

And if you're a coder, make a Coding version of it =D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 23:46:11

At 1/5/10 10:29 PM, Duchednier wrote: only if you reply to that PM i sent you!

Whoops i'm blind T___T

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-05 23:48:59

At 1/5/10 10:39 PM, zrb wrote:
At 1/5/10 09:21 PM, Bailifagus wrote: Ouch
Oh I didn't mean your flashes sucked lol, I'm just stating that in general its the only way to get high ratings.
It was in no way directed towards your work, my bad :D

Is cool broski :P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 00:22:21

I'm making a parody of Kool Aid advertisements and I always spoke dirt about parodies, go figure

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 04:31:16

At 1/5/10 10:49 PM, Zyphonee wrote: I googled something and got this as the first result. Seriously, watch until the ending, I love how the guy with the goatee even starts making small pauses so he doesn't get confused with the script.

I laughed, cried, smiled, wept and seethed in anger. The plot was just so gripping that I was sucked in and felt their emotions just so strongly. This animation deserves an oscar.

No I'm off to watch the Shawshank Redemption, a surely inferior story.

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 14:57:13

Snow Snow For Lucy
Just watched it for the first time and it was okay.
I don't really see what all the fuss was about to be honest though, it's good but the story goes too slowly at the beginning and far too slowly at the end. It felt rushed and not very well timed, I almost lost interest but it was quite a nice ending.

I know everyone's probably already seen it but what did everyone else think of it?

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 18:47:32

holy crap new PM features

go to your PM box. there's new features like a new symbol for new messages, a thing on the side that says "read," "unread," or "replied." and if you hover over the symbol by the subject line, you can change the icon that shows up.

also, for replying, instead of opening up a new window, a reply box fades in from the bottom. quite convenient, really.

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 19:04:47

At 1/6/10 02:57 PM, Deadclever23 wrote: Snow Snow For Lucy
Just watched it for the first time and it was okay.
I don't really see what all the fuss was about to be honest though, it's good but the story goes too slowly at the beginning and far too slowly at the end. It felt rushed and not very well timed, I almost lost interest but it was quite a nice ending.

I know everyone's probably already seen it but what did everyone else think of it?

Did not like. Not at all, in fact, i wrote a GLOWING 6/10 review and made several pleasant comments such as "lazy animator" and "getting way too much credit for way too little work"

Wait.. idk if i did write that, i wrote a good professional review, but idk i really feel that way :/

the movie was sappy and bland. When the girl ran back inside i was like "oh?" and then she was all "i forgive you!" and the dad was like "oh good! Im happy!" *dies*, completely ruined the movie for me. It would've been so much more powerful if she left, didn't come back, collapses in snow *shows scene of dad dying* show lucy almost dying, looks up, see's light, cue second part.

Not only that, but it was animated very poorly, not only re-using the same animations or character models repedatively, but sometimes even just taking models from past movies and re-colouring them! Then at other times Spike just zoomed the camera in on her face to demonstrate *taking off the arms*, or showing the sky for *fixing toy* and other things that would require actual animation. This was done A LOT.

One of my fav scenes was actuallly when the old man leans into lucy's face and you get a profile shot of both of their faces. Instead of having a decent shot with more than just their necks, spike just scaled the old mans head bigger to fill the screen so that he didn't have to show any torso. . .

ugh... sorry i'm just pissed at the loads of "OMG BEST MOVIE EVERRR!" comments being given to that movie. The only thing that i respected about the movie is the length, which was about 20 minutes. But even then, the movie was boring for about 19 of those minutes. . .

. . . *is happy i got that out*

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 19:38:14

At 1/6/10 07:04 PM, Duchednier wrote: Not only that, but it was animated very poorly, not only re-using the same animations or character models repedatively,

So does 85% of all Anime.. which has become an acceptable norm. I'd give it a 5/5 though. It deserves that. It doesn't deserve OMFG BEST MOOVIE EVER!!! But... but..

The same people that are saying BEST MOOVIE EVER, have probably said that about anything they 5/5.

I had a kid at work (well 21, so I guess not a kid to a lot of you) tell me that Avatar was the best movie, and most epic movie he's ever seen.

Though, he says that about any new movie that he sees and likes.

Don't read into too much.

Writer @ www.Johnrickett.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 19:41:06

Sup gaise

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-01-06 19:43:02

I actually didn't get past the first couple of minutes of Snow Snow for Lucy. Like. It bored me. I promised I'd eventually watch it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Like Ducheidner said, it was pretty lazy animation (lol pot calling the kettle black), and there wasn't much visually about it that made me go 'wow.' At least not up until the part where his dog died, in which I turned it off in favor of some random moe moe anime.

BAM.