VicBiss
VicBiss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 16:00:57 Reply

That's chips, not dollar amount.

Oh, now I get it, that was taken before the tournament was over.

sig'd

knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 16:30:56 Reply

At 8/9/09 04:00 PM, chickendance333 wrote: Oh, now I get it, that was taken before the tournament was over.

Haha yeah, the difference between 6th and 5th was about a hundred bucks though, and the gaps became even bigger after that. First place was about $1,2k, and that would be pretty neat of course, but I was pretty short stacked and had no choice but to move all-in on A7s, too bad that bleep guy had QQ :)

So, who else plays poker? I know SweetSkater does from when I last came bragging here about some prize, but I figure that at least a few of you others do it every now and then as well?

Toast
Toast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 17:36:44 Reply

what's poker? i wouldnt mind learning

BBS Signature
El-Presidente
El-Presidente
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 18:02:37 Reply

At 8/9/09 03:16 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 8/9/09 01:50 PM, Blackfang wrote: But now, this is the computer i really really want.
That's not a computer :P

I was thinking the exact same thing. Blackfang, I wish I could've seen your reaction if you bought that and tried to turn it on, realizing it wasn't a laptop.

At 8/9/09 04:30 PM, knugen wrote: So, who else plays poker? I know SweetSkater does from when I last came bragging here about some prize, but I figure that at least a few of you others do it every now and then as well?

On occasion, not great, not bad. Been in one or two real-money situations, but never did well in those.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS
8=================================>
...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature
NegativeONE
NegativeONE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 18:37:50 Reply

At 8/8/09 04:14 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: It all comes down to personal preference in the end though, but uniformed flames really really piss me off. I still hear people say "there's only 1 mouse button lols!"

About a tenth as tiring as "Blue Screen of Death LMAO". Yes, Apple fanboys. We still use Windows 98. Would you like to come over and take turns playing Ski Free?

I use a Mac at work, and a PC at home. I've never had a noticeable virus on either. Each has its ups and downs. Neither is better but GOD DAMN, how is there any disagreement about which fan base is mouthier and more self-righteous?

BBS Signature
Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 18:40:56 Reply

At 8/9/09 04:30 PM, knugen wrote: So, who else plays poker? I know SweetSkater does from when I last came bragging here about some prize, but I figure that at least a few of you others do it every now and then as well?

I play at pokerstars, I played dollar 9 person sit n go's for awhile, then I moved to .01/.02 cash tables, then to .02/.05, then had some sick bad luck (honestly, not pretend bad luck) and now I'm trying to beat .01/.02 6 max cash tables, still running a little bad, and still learning. It can be such an intricate game, it's really entertaining, but I take losing to such awful players worse than I should, so it stresses me out.

Maybe I should play some tournaments? I've never really played in a tournament with more than 45-90 people before, and those were just 25 cent games.

BBS Signature
ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 18:57:01 Reply

I play poker. I lose poker. I play more poker.

Word to your mother

BBS Signature
Will
Will
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 18:59:13 Reply

At 8/9/09 06:40 PM, Coaly wrote: Maybe I should play some tournaments? I've never really played in a tournament with more than 45-90 people before, and those were just 25 cent games.

Tournaments are more fun for me, I have cashed in a few 300+ player ones (it is where the majority of my winnings have been). It is less likely to get in the money but if you play right then you will eventually crack it and keep finishing in them top spots. You do play differently but I'm sure if you read up on some tactics you will get it easy enough.

I am like you that when I lose to a bad beat I tilt quite badly, which is why I take big breaks quite often. I have started playing live more and it's much more fun (imo).

BBS Signature
knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 19:16:22 Reply

At 8/9/09 06:40 PM, Coaly wrote: Maybe I should play some tournaments? I've never really played in a tournament with more than 45-90 people before, and those were just 25 cent games.

I really like tournaments and sit&go's the best, all of them doesn't completely nullify the advantage that crazy players with loads of money to throw away sometimes have, but freezeouts are great if you're more of a textbook player with limited bank roll :)

At 8/9/09 06:59 PM, SweetSkater wrote: I have started playing live more and it's much more fun (imo).

Playing live can be great fun, I am on such a bad streak on live play though so atm I hate it :(

Will
Will
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 19:18:22 Reply

At 8/9/09 07:16 PM, knugen wrote: Playing live can be great fun, I am on such a bad streak on live play though so atm I hate it :(

Just play in the low stakes/buyin games where all the people who don't know how to play are. I was heads up with someone for £50 who thought she had high card ace when she had 2 pair on the river.

Needless to say I beat her. >:D

BBS Signature
crushy
crushy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 19:25:12 Reply

I play poker with my brother's pals. Basically, I wait until they're all either drunk, stoned or both and join in, play it safe until I have a good hand. Last time I arrived with £3.50 and left with £20 :D Hardly in the hundreds though!

BBS Signature
Kool-Aid
Kool-Aid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 19:41:10 Reply

At 8/9/09 03:16 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: That's not a computer :P

Oh wow, i definitely just made myself look extremely stupid. I thought it was it's own little tablet PC, guess not. Thanks for telling me that though.

i'm honestly not as stupid as i seem
knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 20:02:03 Reply

At 8/9/09 07:18 PM, SweetSkater wrote: Just play in the low stakes/buyin games where all the people who don't know how to play are. I was heads up with someone for £50 who thought she had high card ace when she had 2 pair on the river.

Needless to say I beat her. >:D

All the people here who knows how to play are either at least pretty good, or too cheap to play :( I must say that I am among the "better" ones in this gang that usually plays live, but I have been semi-unlucky in every live game for so long now that I basically consider the money that I enter with lost the moment I buy in. That kinda sucks, considering that if the cards went my way every once in a while it wont take much for them to pay me off xP

At 8/9/09 07:39 PM, citricsquid wrote: I've watched poker on tv sometimes and it's great, I really don't understand it though - besides the basics, get good cards, make everyone else think other things to win - but I don't know what cards are good etc. I'd love to give it a go, can any of your poker players give me a few tips on how to get into it? Not that I have any money, but I'm sure there's ways to play online for a few £, not that interested in the winning, just playing :D

kthanx.

There's a good Hold 'Em app on Facebook, apart from the option to buy more (worthless) chips for real money it's free, and people actually play pretty seriously despite that. Definitely a great place to play while learning the basics :) When you feel ready you can sign up at Pokerstars, FullTilt, or some other poker site; they all have loads of cash tables and tournaments, so you should find something that suits the amount you are willing to play with.

Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 20:46:40 Reply

At 8/9/09 07:41 PM, Blackfang wrote: Oh wow, i definitely just made myself look extremely stupid. I thought it was it's own little tablet PC, guess not. Thanks for telling me that though.

Hahaha.

Ha.

This year we are getting new computers at our highschool and they are tablet PC's and I'm pretty pumped. I get mine in a week.

BBS Signature
Will
Will
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 21:14:45 Reply

Eye Sigs
God they're sexy.

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 21:40:53 Reply

At 8/9/09 09:14 PM, SweetSkater wrote: Eye Sigs
God they're sexy.

there's eyes on cloud sigs

fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 22:46:12 Reply

At 8/9/09 09:40 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 8/9/09 09:14 PM, SweetSkater wrote: Eye Sigs
God they're sexy.
there's eyes on cloud sigs

my sig is completely original unlike you hacks. also ten times sexier

Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 22:56:08 Reply

Anybody else have problems getting on FGL? For like a day now it have seemed to be down, but during this time I got feedback on a game, so I tried it with a proxy and it worked. What could be causing this? When I go there it appears completely offline, and I don't have this problem with any other site =/

Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-09 23:09:23 Reply

KEITH GOT DEMODDED LOL

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature
dELtaluca
dELtaluca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-10 05:00:50 Reply

At 8/9/09 11:09 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: KEITH GOT DEMODDED LOL

I'd add to the insult, but he might ban me... OH WAIT NO HE WON'T.

haha :P we did pick on him quite a bit about that at the meet didn't we all?

using ShamelessPlug; NapePhysicsEngine.advertise();

BBS Signature
Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-10 09:08:12 Reply

At 8/10/09 05:00 AM, dELtaluca wrote: haha :P we did pick on him quite a bit about that at the meet didn't we all?

Maybe that's why he left without saying goodbye to me.

He should have woke me up dammit :(

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature
zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-10 14:17:03 Reply

Newgrounds copy much ?
Even their old site design was a bit of a ripoff.

School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
zrb
zrb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-10 14:38:49 Reply

At 8/10/09 02:19 PM, citricsquid wrote: The overall design isn't that similar, but check out the rollover on the badges, that's stolen :P

Haha wow.
The old one was pretty much newgrounds especially the bottom part of the site with all the text.

School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
Sam
Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-10 16:04:11 Reply

Is there a Flash add-on that pixelises the vectors? I'm not ssure if it's possible but it'd be sweet.

El-Presidente
El-Presidente
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-10 16:45:30 Reply

At 8/10/09 04:04 PM, Saza wrote: Is there a Flash add-on that pixelises the vectors? I'm not ssure if it's possible but it'd be sweet.

You mean Pixel Tools? It doesn't pixelize already created vectors, but you can create certain vectors that are pixalized.

Also, I'm so happy this iPhone thing is going so smoothly. I can now easily just send my artist the .app file and it will automatically sync onto his iPhone without all the trouble of getting him Xcode, getting a new enrollment plan, etc. Woot!

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS
8=================================>
...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature
johnfn
johnfn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-10 17:27:06 Reply

At 8/10/09 04:04 PM, Saza wrote: Is there a Flash add-on that pixelises the vectors? I'm not ssure if it's possible but it'd be sweet.

Not exactly sure what you want, but either Export as image or cacheAsBitmap (the as3 function) could be what you're looking for.

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature
Sam
Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-10 18:27:47 Reply

Thanks guys :D

Kool-Aid
Kool-Aid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-10 19:46:14 Reply

At 8/10/09 04:45 PM, El-Presidente wrote: Also, I'm so happy this iPhone thing is going so smoothly. I can now easily just send my artist the .app file and it will automatically sync onto his iPhone without all the trouble of getting him Xcode, getting a new enrollment plan, etc. Woot!

I so wanna make an app with you.

Sam
Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-10 20:37:39 Reply

At 8/10/09 07:46 PM, Blackfang wrote:
At 8/10/09 04:45 PM, El-Presidente wrote: Also, I'm so happy this iPhone thing is going so smoothly. I can now easily just send my artist the .app file and it will automatically sync onto his iPhone without all the trouble of getting him Xcode, getting a new enrollment plan, etc. Woot!
I so wanna make an app with you.

Wait... iPhone apps are just .apps?
Anything extra needed apart from Flash to develop them? With the projector do you need the .swf AND the .app?

Apple-Juice
Apple-Juice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-08-11 09:05:41 Reply

jmtb02 featured on College Humor!
Well, not directly, but still
www.collegehumor.com

On the right if you scroll down a bit, there's a section that says hot links. He's in the group of new ones from today with the link title saying "This game only has one level, but that level gets pretty hard around level 15".

some of you may or may not know the site, but it's got a show on MTV and something like 1.4 million unique daily viewers, so it seems rather round of applause worthy.

*claps*

i don't have gonorrhea

some people get them, some people don't;

BBS Signature