00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,895,757 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-09 23:16:49

At 12/9/09 01:37 PM, BoMToons wrote: I thought this brackenwood was just as good-looking as the others.

I really enjoyed the deepening of the story. I didn't really catch fully what was happening without watching it a few times. Adam's setting up a pretty good story and doing it with a lot of style. Beyond deepening the Brackenwood lore significantly, it also makes re-watching the other brackenwood segments a new experience. That's a pretty significant feat for an indy dev, even one as talented as Adam Phillips. I'm glad to see he's not just overly talented in the art department, but brings some good skill to the writing table too.

I have no doubts about the quality of his animation. I am just afraid that deepening a story that doesn't need much depth to enjoy might be a sort of death sentence for the animator. I'm sure we'll still give it a 4.97 score every time it comes out, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to look at it the same away again.

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-09 23:20:52

For the record, I do like it, and I think the quality is superb. I'm just really ready to see the scene that happens after the 2 legged furry is running through the forest, at high speed, with perfectly shaded water droplets galore spraying out here and there. I'm not hatin'. Not even close.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-09 23:29:18

It is really good. But yes he spent like a month and a half on the actual animation so the quality isn't as great. But it's still awesome and loads better than most everything else.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-09 23:40:46

i wasnt crazy about this particular episode cause it felt like one of those episodes / parts in a movie where its kinda slow but necessary for filling in the back story. It was kind of like the episodes of the simpsons where it concentrates on bart and lisa as adults or homer and marge before they had kids. Yes those episodes must exist but they arent that fun to watch.

I liked the energy and hunger i got from the yuyu, this one felt a bit too slow for my taste and the end didnt really resolve anything nor keep me salivating. I DO however think its a successful episode in building the franchise. I just wasnt excited about THIS particular one. Which i think that was Adam's goal anyway. He wantes to pump more muscle and bones into his series which is fine.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-10 00:11:00

Whatever, the past and future simpsons are some of my favorites.

Don't you realize bitey's family was massacred defending the planet from some giant foe and his slowly learning about it from wizard woman will change his character from selfish to giving!?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-10 03:38:44

At 12/10/09 12:11 AM, BoMToons wrote: Don't you realize bitey's family was massacred defending the planet from some giant foe and his slowly learning about it from wizard woman will change his character from selfish to giving!?

I never knew that Bitey had so much history behind him. It makes this one so much more exiting than the other ones.
Does anyone else think that the icon doesn't look right. His right eye is bigger than the left and the shading on Bitey's body doesn't look like Chluaids work. There were too many effects in this one.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-10 12:50:51

At 12/10/09 12:11 AM, BoMToons wrote: Whatever, the past and future simpsons are some of my favorites.

Agreed.

As far as this new Bitey goes, I'm not a fan of the narration he has chosen to go with. I keep imagining the same story development, but with the same old silence of the previous installments. I can imagine Adam being able to portray his loneliness and searching through his actions and not words, and end up being more powerful. It might not be as straight foreword as narration, and moves alot slower, and maybe those were his sole reasons for doing so, but i still cant get these images out of my head. Images of Bitey's self reflection and loneliness as he wonders the forest alone, maybe latching onto something that he sees as a friend but they see him as the douchebag he has always been.

No matter what direction he takes, I'll still love watching them anyway. Maybe its all a moot point then. Meh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-10 15:57:42

Yay, it's my birthday.

Also there's too many people to thrash.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-10 17:53:55

At 12/10/09 03:57 PM, Deadclever23 wrote: Yay, it's my birthday.

Congrats!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-10 18:27:53

Happy birthday sir :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-10 20:56:52

Happy birthday! :)

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-10 21:37:53

Indeed. Have a safe birthday. I know it sounds boring as hell, but it's sound advice, if you want to have more of them. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-11 02:41:05

Finally had a smidgin of time available and i watched the new Adam Phillips thing.

I don't think the narration added much to the movie, but as usual the animation and art was superb.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-11 03:06:32

Good birthday yesterday, thanks everyone.

So just wondering, what is the flash reg lounge's favorite NG movie, I'd imagine it's different to the masses?

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-11 09:23:49

I really enjoy Tarboy, it has a great but simple story, wonderful execution and amazing music to add to it.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-11 12:11:05

At 12/11/09 03:06 AM, Deadclever23 wrote: So just wondering, what is the flash reg lounge's favorite NG movie, I'd imagine it's different to the masses?

Smoke Kills.
Smile.

Not necessarily in that order.

Writer @ www.Johnrickett.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-11 12:17:52

to all those complaining about the narration in the new brackenwood movie, adam phillips has just released a no-narration option on his site.

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-11 14:04:58

At 12/11/09 12:17 PM, fluffkomix wrote: to all those complaining about the narration in the new brackenwood movie, adam phillips has just released a no-narration option on his site.

It actually holds up really well without the narration. I might be swayed a bit here...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-11 20:20:45

hmm...so many posts... i have alot to cover..

Dashkin
. . . . pff, i already covered my thoughts on this!

Happy birthday Deadclever!

Can you beleive that writing your name now has just allowed me to realize your name is "DeadCLEVER" and not "DeadCLEAVER" ? yeah forever i've been saying deadcleaver, dunno why..... but i think you should change it to that XD

Fav flash movie of all time
Oh god there are so many classics .... Though i definitely agree that CURRENTLY.. Tarboy takes the top spot, and i'm having one of those memory blanks where i can't remember what it is i'm talking about..

The composer always gets to me too...

Btw, i've come to really appreciate the general "everyone knows about every flash movie here" mood in this place, at school i have a few friends who go on NG once in a while, but if I'm ever like "hey have you seen ______" they're like "pfff....nah man". Its nice being able to talk about composer or tankmen or whatever without having to link to it and describing why you should watch it XD

DASH IT! Was pretty sweet too...

Princess and the Frog
Considering were all 2D animation nuts i figure i should post this. PatF comes out TODAY so naturally i watched it at work yesterday ;) ITS PHENOMINAL!!!! I love disney 2D animation, its just so beautiful to watch. Not only that the movie is so good in general. Its definitely not a movie that leaves you dissatisfied, in my opinion at least :)

anyways, i gotta go motor on some SFX for a movie project i'm working on, i'll show ye when i'm done ^^

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-11 23:25:49

At 12/11/09 03:06 AM, Deadclever23 wrote: Good birthday yesterday, thanks everyone.

So just wondering, what is the flash reg lounge's favorite NG movie, I'd imagine it's different to the masses?

My favorite movie would have to be Ghost Crush. The art style and animation is amazing.

also, happy late birthday

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-11 23:26:48

Happy birthday DeadClever!!!!!

Also, gonna watch the Princess and the Frog tomorrow, I just KNOW it will be awesome!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-12 03:41:19

At 12/11/09 11:26 PM, Zyphonee wrote: Happy birthday DeadClever!!!!!

Also, gonna watch the Princess and the Frog tomorrow, I just KNOW it will be awesome!

Huhaaah! I already confirmed that it was!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-12 03:55:38

At 12/11/09 08:20 PM, Duchednier wrote: Can you beleive that writing your name now has just allowed me to realize your name is "DeadCLEVER" and not "DeadCLEAVER" ? yeah forever i've been saying deadcleaver, dunno why..... but i think you should change it to that XD

I always read it as deadcleaver myself...

I read yours as "douche-a-duh-neer" before you ranted about how it was du-shed-nee-ay

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-12 04:14:24

Haha, I always read your names as DeadCLEAVER and Duh-Shoe-Duh-Near

My name is read as Pea-Base. I've had more than one person think it stood for Peanut Butter Ass.

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-12 11:36:48

At 12/11/09 08:20 PM, Duchednier wrote: Happy birthday Deadclever!

Can you beleive that writing your name now has just allowed me to realize your name is "DeadCLEVER" and not "DeadCLEAVER" ? yeah forever i've been saying deadcleaver, dunno why..... but i think you should change it to that XD

It does have a ring to it...lol.

Fav flash movie of all time
Oh god there are so many classics .... Though i definitely agree that CURRENTLY.. Tarboy takes the top spot, and i'm having one of those memory blanks where i can't remember what it is i'm talking about..

I like TarBoy but the story never really caught me.

The composer always gets to me too...

Love the composer sooo good.

That Girl I was Gonna Ask Out
Failed so hard. :(

Took her to my Prom.
Started the night quite well, talked a good bit and so forth, we've both liked each other for a while. Anyway we'd both put our names down to serve punch bowl for 15 minutes. I was on straight after her. So she did her 15 minutes, I went off and talked to people. Then I did my 15 minutes, so you know, big time gap.

She'd been talking to her friend who's a guy for a bit while I was on. I thought 'I bet he likes her'. I was right. He bought her a rose and there's me in the corner, stuck behind the punch bowl as all these girls made a big fuss of it. That was a kick in the balls.

Just as I got off I then heard her say to someone, we're not really a date anymore because of course 1/2 hour gone by not with each other and her friend getting in there. Then she came over to me and goes, "Well you can't really call this much of a date, let's call it a night." :(

She was then dancing with that guy, to be honest I was sad and relieved taht there was some closure.

Just as I was starting to enjoy the night, I was voted as Prom King and she was voted as Prom Queen. It was so awkward. Our dance was more like a shuffle until we could get away. She was later on her own looking lonely, I made one last attempt to ask her to dance, she said no, obviously, and we kept out of each other's way the rest of the night.

I accidentally made her sound quite bad but to be honest I lost the balls to do anything and kind of avoided her after that boy bought her a rose. It was my own fault as well but there was emotional mutual agreement that this wasn't going to work.

The rest of the night was fun though.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-12 11:57:16

Oh yeah, forgot to add.
Photography
I've taken up photography today and I'm enjoying it.
In my last post is my favourite photo that I took.

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-12 12:07:36

At 12/12/09 11:36 AM, Deadclever23 wrote: That Girl I was Gonna Ask Out
Failed so hard. :(

Unlucky, I really enjoyed reading that story for some reason...? Is the image related at all?

don't be late | Collab101 | Australian Users List | Nayhan's actionScript examples > click

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-12 12:16:24

At 12/12/09 11:57 AM, Deadclever23 wrote: Oh yeah, forgot to add.
Photography
I've taken up photography today and I'm enjoying it.
In my last post is my favourite photo that I took.

Your story was so interesting that I forgot there were more posts underneath. I've always thought about taking up photography but I don't have a camera. I think taking up film making would be more interesting though. That pics good, but there's not much going on.

don't be late | Collab101 | Australian Users List | Nayhan's actionScript examples > click

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-12 12:58:21

At 12/12/09 11:36 AM, Deadclever23 wrote: story

Wow, it's creepy how much that sounds exactly like a typical MTV teen-drama show episode.

You'll get over it though, plenty more fish in the sea.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-12 13:20:54

At 12/12/09 12:58 PM, Xeptic wrote:
At 12/12/09 11:36 AM, Deadclever23 wrote: story
Wow, it's creepy how much that sounds exactly like a typical MTV teen-drama show episode.

ugghhh...mtv drama's...

You'll get over it though, plenty more fish in the sea.

There are exactly 4 of them!