00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rimuuuu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,909,916 Views | 60,181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 06:50:25

At 12/23/07 06:47 AM, Saza wrote: Comes from the guy with the Fab aura :D

Wait what? That honestly doesn't make sense at all...

========|| WWWWWWWW>[-[Blog] - [Audio] - [Userpage] - [Flash] - [Last.fm]-]<WWWWWWWW ||========

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 07:04:45

cooking
God invented women for that

*hides*

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 07:09:24

At 12/23/07 07:04 AM, AloneInTheDark wrote: *hides*

*hi fives*

========|| WWWWWWWW>[-[Blog] - [Audio] - [Userpage] - [Flash] - [Last.fm]-]<WWWWWWWW ||========

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 07:22:53

At 12/23/07 07:04 AM, AloneInTheDark wrote: cooking
God invented women for that

Washing and cleaning too... don't forget about them! :P

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 07:31:59

OCD

I have this weird thing when it comes to saving something big, I have to save it like 5-6 times. I hold down control, then press 's' several times in a row. I think I'm just crazy :P

Btw - anyone know the purpose of the 'Alt Gr' key? The only thing I know is that it stands for Alternate Graphic, and if you hold it down and press on of the arrow keys, it turns the screen (depending on what arrow key you do - alt-gr+down makes it upside down, and up makes it the right way up), but that doesnt work for all computers.

I suppose thats more than most people know, but it does seem like a waste of a button.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 07:35:54

At 12/23/07 07:31 AM, trig1 wrote: OCD

I have this weird thing when it comes to saving something big, I have to save it like 5-6 times. I hold down control, then press 's' several times in a row. I think I'm just crazy :P

Btw - anyone know the purpose of the 'Alt Gr' key? The only thing I know is that it stands for Alternate Graphic, and if you hold it down and press on of the arrow keys, it turns the screen (depending on what arrow key you do - alt-gr+down makes it upside down, and up makes it the right way up), but that doesnt work for all computers.

I suppose thats more than most people know, but it does seem like a waste of a button.

Yeah, exactly the same - im just smashing the s key as if one press wont save it.

Wiki says : AltGr is a modifier key on PC keyboards used to type many characters, primarily ones that are unusual for the locale of the keyboard layout, such as foreign currency symbols and accented letters. If a key has a third symbol on it (on the front vertical face or the bottom right of the key top, sometimes in a different colour), then AltGr can often be used to type that character.

:D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 07:38:31

At 12/23/07 01:53 AM, NextToNothing wrote: I bet you guys all tab/add spaces to parts of your code so it each line ends at the same place... crazy coders you =D

Isn't that what the Autoformat button is for?

Christmas
Did all my shopping nice and early, avoiding buying anything from La Senza this year... Not a fun bag to carry around when you're with a big group of Christians.
All I want is Super Mario Galaxy, as long as I get that, I don't care if I get nothing else. But I know I'll be getting the same pointless "stocking fillers" as every year before, including a pen with lights, chocolates shaped like snowmen, and a Simpsons Comic annual... how sucky.

Cooking
I'd like to be able to cook stuff, but all I know is pancakes.

Alcohol
Sixth Form Party, ftw. We "hired out" a nightclub, but apparently the guy we'd bribed to let us in was off sick, so all 250 of us piled into a small bar down the road, where eventually they gave in and didnt ID us. I've never drunk more :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 07:50:18

At 12/23/07 07:38 AM, edit-undo wrote: Alcohol
Sixth Form Party, ftw

yes, sixth form parties are fun, especcialy when its between other schools and a massive fight breaks out between the opposing schools and your own school doesnt get arrested at all, but several of the other school do :_)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 08:12:33

At 12/23/07 07:35 AM, Saza wrote: Wiki says : AltGr is a modifier key on PC keyboards used to type many characters, primarily ones that are unusual for the locale of the keyboard layout, such as foreign currency symbols and accented letters. If a key has a third symbol on it (on the front vertical face or the bottom right of the key top, sometimes in a different colour), then AltGr can often be used to type that character.

D

Wow, cool. I was wondering how I could type euros and that weird line-type semi-colon thingy in :P

¦¦¦ That'll be EU3.99 pls ¦¦¦

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 08:23:58

Christmas
I'm Jewish, but I'm still getting some presents from some of my friends. Lets see what I get! I don't want to give though, that's not my type of thing.

My Newgrounds
Working on it, hoping it will be out today or tomorrow. I have to do the video and then animate it, so I'll see how this will go with my shitty animation skills.

JAZZA's Unmoving Game
So I sat down expecting you know, this game should be all right, maybe even pretty good, but I was unentertained when I sat there and store at that stupid ass sword rotating for fifteen minutes. I'm suspecting that's a loading screen, but jesus christ, does he not understand that you're supposed to have it go away. So I'm pissed that it's doing well even though you can't fucking play it. I'd bet 50 percent of voters and reviewers haven't even opened it up.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 08:29:33

At 12/23/07 08:23 AM, El-Presidente wrote: So I sat down expecting you know, this game should be all right, maybe even pretty good, but I was unentertained when I sat there and store at that stupid ass sword rotating for fifteen minutes. I'm suspecting that's a loading screen, but jesus christ, does he not understand that you're supposed to have it go away. So I'm pissed that it's doing well even though you can't fucking play it. I'd bet 50 percent of voters and reviewers haven't even opened it up.

It worked for me... Though it did freeze when I went to easy, so I tried medium and it's great! There's something wrong with your comp, not the game.

They used to call me souled...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 09:09:51

At 12/23/07 08:23 AM, El-Presidente wrote:
I'm Jewish, I don't want to give though, that's not my type of thing.

So many stereotypical jokes could be made from that one.

I hate when my friends get me something for Xmas because then I feel bad I didn't get them anything. I don't have a job and am always broke. My parents never give me money either, so I don't really have money to spend on anything.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 09:52:40

Working Patterns

How do you people do it? Do you have like waves of creativity during which you work on animations, or can you guys just sit behind the computer and start working on something and finish it (I know I can't)?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 09:59:08

RE: Working Patterns

Eh, it's hard for me to say since I haven't animated for nearly two months. But I opened up Flash last night and started sketching out a script from a piece of paper, I had lying around. After trying to finish it, I got bored and started playing some "Super Mario Galaxy."

I don't know -- it's hard for me to stay focused. Eh. I need help :[

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 11:06:42

paladin.. THE GAME omfg

It wasnt too bad i thought, i found the controls very clunky and the paladin guy felt more like a marionette than a real human character but its a pretty decent game... i skipped the thru the story and all that drama ... i did experience some lag issues but i felt it was a fairly robust game. so i'd give it a 7 probably. i remember when i made my first game it was shit.. its a different world from animating thats for sure.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 12:15:49

At 12/23/07 08:23 AM, El-Presidente wrote: JAZZA's Unmoving Game

I just tried it and to be honest, it was so sluggish that I didn't even bother getting past the first level.

If there's one thing I can't stand in a game it's sluggishness, it makes you feel like you're fighting the main character instead of controlling him.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 12:33:16

At 12/23/07 12:15 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 12/23/07 08:23 AM, El-Presidente wrote: JAZZA's Unmoving Game
I just tried it and to be honest, it was so sluggish that I didn't even bother getting past the first level.

If there's one thing I can't stand in a game it's sluggishness, it makes you feel like you're fighting the main character instead of controlling him.

lol

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 12:56:55

At 12/23/07 12:15 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: I just tried it and to be honest, it was so sluggish that I didn't even bother

thats probably how people feel about that preloader of yours glaiel...

<3

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 12:57:51

Hey Kayn, where can I download papervision3D version 2, their website only has it up to version 1.5...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 13:05:20

Cooking

I can put together a mad bowl of Cheerios.

Paluden Gayme

I thought he tried to fit too much into a flash game, basically overcomplicating it. But overall it was pretty smooth and played well.

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 13:21:35

"...you can get the api by sync'ing with the googlecode repository and using the Effects branch (which includes an update copy of PV3D 2.0)" Quoted from the Papervision3D Blog (http://blog.papervision3d.org/). The effects that are now available are quite incredible. The possibilities are endless. Oh yes, here is a direct link to the Subversion Repository: http://papervision3d.googlecode.com/svn/
trunk/branches/

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 13:41:51

At 12/21/07 08:19 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: 1/0 is a weird one in that it's not really funny. I read it through once and enjoyed it though, but I can't really explain why I liked it so much. It's a shame its over.

It's stronger for having ended.

I think more webcomics should be like that, with a definite ending, moving onto another project. We have webcomic equivalents of Sunday funnies, webcomic equivalents of the ongoing single-issues but few things that are a preplanned story... I suppose most print comics attempt to be infinite as well.

I'm late to the discussion but would to recommend 'The Great Catsby', 'Sam and Fuzzy' and 'Scary-go-round'.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 14:39:22

Congrats to Mogly on getting a free tablet!

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 17:12:10

im having fun with that penicorn adventures thread..

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 17:25:21

At 12/23/07 01:21 PM, Tree-SkyLark-BCE wrote: The possibilities are endless. Oh yes, here is a direct link to the Subversion Repository: http://papervision3d.googlecode.com/svn/
trunk/branches/

how do you download that?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 19:09:26

Paladin Game

It played perfectly for me. Except for the two time that is froze, the auto save was good because I just closed it out and opened it again. I really enjoyed the game, it got my 5.

Luis, that picture was very funny. The dog is asking what the hell you are doing, probably.

%u2666

Check out my newest News Post!

Anyone need an artist or coder for a game? Drop me a PM!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 19:14:26

Cooking
I've inherited my fathers most famous recipe in our family and I can prepare it perfectly now. A delicious Grilled Cheese. Other times I can prepare a bowl of cereal and on a good day, some Kraft Dinner

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 19:48:59

At 12/23/07 07:46 PM, NextToNothing wrote: I don't understand how such hatred could come about...
They basically disagree with everything I stand for... I hope you all agree...
Thoughts?

I deleted that post.. theres nothing good that can come of it.

Anyone good at geography?

I can only make it to level 6 :(

http://www.zefrank.com/memory/travel_iq.
html?96bc=fb0d

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 19:59:48

At 12/23/07 05:25 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 12/23/07 01:21 PM, Tree-SkyLark-BCE wrote: The possibilities are endless. Oh yes, here is a direct link to the Subversion Repository: http://papervision3d.googlecode.com/svn/
trunk/branches/
how do you download that?

Any subversion program will do. Try out Tortoise

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-12-23 20:08:35

At 12/23/07 07:48 PM, Luis wrote: Anyone good at geography?
I can only make it to level 6 :(

My overall geography skill was better than I first thought, I noticed that I don't know much about South America though. I got to level 6 as well :/

Hey btw, I haven't been much on the forums for some time..