00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blacktree4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Programming Regs Lounge

721,217 Views | 15,737 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-02 11:57:39

England won 4-0 and 2-1 this week :D

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-03 11:01:44

At 3/23/09 04:04 PM, different wrote: I've recently (ish) launched we play iPhone,

nice, i'll check this out. i recently brought (and broke the screen of!) an iPhone. i love it!

it's been a while since i've been here, dare i ask how everyone has been keeping up?

hello

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-03 11:42:51

Just spent the money I had for two weeks on a new phone because I went out one night and lost mine :( Gonna have to try and get some jobs this fortnight.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-03 12:33:23

At 4/3/09 11:01 AM, wreckages wrote: dare i ask how everyone has been keeping up?

Everything around here has been pretty good. A lot of people are coming and going/staying away for longer periods of time because of life getting in the way so it's not been very busy around here. What's up with you?

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-03 22:00:44

At 4/3/09 12:33 PM, Jessii wrote: A lot of people are coming and going/staying away for longer periods of time because of life getting in the way so it's not been very busy around here.

Well I really don't have much of a life... Rather, work is keeping me busy, and when I have free time, I'm too lazy to post.

I'm sure nobody misses me anyways...

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-04 10:23:13

At 4/3/09 10:00 PM, DanielZ wrote: I'm sure nobody misses me anyways...

Your wrong, I miss each and every one of the regs here. Afro got a good set of doors put on the lounge to keep out the rif-raf. The bar man got a few new barrels in. We just need to redecorate so the smell of smoke is no longer in the curtains or chairs. And it wont come back because of the smoking ban! Then we will be sorted for a good few years to come!

We just need a few punters to stop hanging out in the bar next door, they should just come into the lounge, hang out with us and tell us their stories and stress.

At 4/2/09 11:57 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: England won 4-0 and 2-1 this week :D

Aye their doing good, heres hoping both teams qualify and then get drawn against each other :) And if they do am hopin it wont be like 96!!! Feckin Gazza. It would be class to see that happening though. My boss is english so would make it interesting. A would rather get pelters from a real english man instead of a hun pretending to be one :P

PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik

irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-04 10:27:35

I'm going to Boston this afternoon. I can't wait! I haven't been there in a while. Something different to do than NYC and if I can remember, doesn't smell like urine like NYC does either.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-04 10:46:03

At 4/4/09 10:27 AM, Jessii wrote: I'm going to Boston this afternoon.

Is that now, nice I remember you mentioning it. Enjoy :)

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-04 11:12:49

Ah, I love till workers who get things wrong. Went into a shop called Home Bargains today and bought eight cans of Heineken for £3.99. Went to the till and paid with a ten pound note. Bagged them up and the nice lady gave me £10.99 back :)

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-04 11:17:50

At 4/4/09 10:46 AM, Jon-86 wrote: Is that now, nice I remember you mentioning it. Enjoy :)

Yup! The weather's kinda sucky though (windy and rainy) so hopefully it won't get too cold later on since Boston is on the water.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-04 13:50:56

At 4/4/09 11:12 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: ... and bought eight cans of Heineken ...

Poor you.

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. " - Unknown

[ FluxBB developer | Quickmarks 0.5.1 | Strings & Ints - my blog ]

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-04 13:59:02

At 4/4/09 01:50 PM, elbekko wrote:
At 4/4/09 11:12 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: ... and bought eight cans of Heineken ...
Poor you.

I swear it's different here in England than elsewhere like the Netherlands and the US. Apparently it's got the taste of pisswater abroad, but here it's one of the best "common" lagers we have.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-04 14:11:05

A had a few of thoes cans shaped like a mini-keg and it tasted alright. Havnt tryied it outside of that. My latest surprise was to find out Strongbow is a cider...a dont like cider but someone left theirs unopen so I took it and drank it waling home after the Holland game.

Tastes too sweet or something. Just a bit rotten. Its hard to describe.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-04 14:14:29

At 4/4/09 02:11 PM, Jon-86 wrote: Tastes too sweet or something.

Faaaaaaaaar too sweet. Only thing I wont drink is cider. Horrible, horrible stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-04 14:17:48

At 4/4/09 01:59 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:
At 4/4/09 01:50 PM, elbekko wrote:
Poor you.
I swear it's different here in England than elsewhere like the Netherlands and the US. Apparently it's got the taste of pisswater abroad, but here it's one of the best "common" lagers we have.

Doubt it. It's pisswater over here, and I'm sure it's pisswater over there :P

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. " - Unknown

[ FluxBB developer | Quickmarks 0.5.1 | Strings & Ints - my blog ]

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-04 14:24:12

At 4/4/09 02:17 PM, elbekko wrote: Doubt it. It's pisswater over here, and I'm sure it's pisswater over there :P

This was in GTA4 but I wonder if its real, or if this was just a promo thing :)

Programming Regs Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-04 14:41:55

At 4/4/09 02:24 PM, Jon-86 wrote:
At 4/4/09 02:17 PM, elbekko wrote: Doubt it. It's pisswater over here, and I'm sure it's pisswater over there :P
This was in GTA4 but I wonder if its real, or if this was just a promo thing :)

Haha, that's win. I love how it says Ü-Rhine on the bottom.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-04 21:47:29

My bloody sleep patterns all over the shop. Its just left quarter to 3 in the morning her and im still up? Cant get to sleep? Me thinks its the stress from work and uni....Gonna give hot chocolate a go again. This is no good because its counterproductive towards getting work done :-[

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-05 05:04:46

At 4/4/09 09:47 PM, Jon-86 wrote: My bloody sleep patterns all over the shop. Its just left quarter to 3 in the morning her and im still up? Cant get to sleep? Me thinks its the stress from work and uni....Gonna give hot chocolate a go again. This is no good because its counterproductive towards getting work done :-[

I went to sleep at 5.30 last night after joining a neo-nazi protest. Problem is I dont know what the protest was for. I'm sure it was important though. This was right before two twins took a bunch of pictures with me, and there boyfriends were terriified of me for reasons I don't know. Oh and I lost my coat somewhere. And my money obviously.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-05 12:18:23

Sounds like you had a good night bar losing your coat. The sleep thing buggers me though because I have presentations to give now and then and meetings to go to. And it dosnt help with trying to get prep work done. Part of me thinks I'm staying up because I actualy get peace to do work when everyones sleeping.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-05 19:31:20

Sneak preview of the i(Phone/Pod Touch) version of my website

I've been working on this (website in general) for far too long...

Programming Regs Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-05 20:10:50

At 4/5/09 07:31 PM, smulse wrote: Sneak preview of the i(Phone/Pod Touch) version of my website

You haven't even gotten the normal version up!

I agree. You have been working on it for forever.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-05 20:22:52

Boston was pretty good even though it was rainy (on and off), cold and windy (sand blowing in our faces). The show was really good though, except the seats were close together and if you're tall, forget it! Your knees are up to your chest lol.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-05 21:03:02

Hello all, I know I don't post here much, just a bit too lazy to monitor such a high amount of replies in here lol.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-07 09:38:45

I know I've asked this before but I can't remember and it's eating away at me. What it's called when a word is spelt out using \'s and _'s? Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-07 13:36:15

Hope my speakers and sub dont die. I can hear this crackeling sound every now and then. Might just be a loose wire. I donthave any decent headphones and I can only wear ear-phones for so long. And thats just no good for a long work session! These have lasted me a few years though, while being used more than normal. I never had a Gamecube, just got these and used them as better PC speakers. Also used them for the PS2. Their quite good!

At 4/5/09 08:22 PM, Jessii wrote: Boston was pretty good even though it was rainy (on and off), col] ... [ther and if you're tall, forget it! Your knees are up to your chest lol.

Sounds like an alright time though :)

At 4/7/09 09:38 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I know I've asked this before but I can't remember and it's eating away at me. What it's called when a word is spelt out using \'s and _'s? Thanks.

Not a clue, inless your talking about escaping stuff as with strings $var = 'this isn\'t a string';

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-07 14:08:34

At 4/7/09 01:36 PM, Jon-86 wrote:
At 4/7/09 09:38 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I know I've asked this before but I can't remember and it's eating away at me. What it's called when a word is spelt out using \'s and _'s? Thanks.
Not a clue, inless your talking about escaping stuff as with strings $var = 'this isn\'t a string';

Nah, I mean like

____
\ \
\____\

That should look something like an O. I doubt it will :P

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-07 14:09:50

ASCII art???

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2009-04-07 14:40:51

____