00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Willm666 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Photography

135,304 Views | 1,889 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Photography 2007-03-16 20:55:42

At 3/16/07 08:23 PM, SkyCube wrote: Y'know, I feel like such a whore for posting all my pictures in my own thread now, rather than here.

But anyway, Tons of new photos!

Haha, surely it should be the other way round?

And nice photo, like it a lot.

Response to Photography 2007-03-16 21:50:40

At 3/16/07 08:23 PM, SkyCube wrote: Y'know, I feel like such a whore for posting all my pictures in my own thread now, rather than here.

But anyway, Tons of new photos!

You're photos are really interesting! Keep posting 'em!

Response to Photography 2007-03-17 00:22:23

i like the study that SkyCube did, seeing as it is just the space between two houses, it makes for an interestin shoot. its nice when there is a concentration on the negative space instead of a particular object.

there is a nice contrast in the piece, but it doesn't add to the composion. personally i think it would be stronger if some of the solid black on the right was chopped off as it distracts the eye without holding any of the texture you captured on the other side with the shadow.

keep posting

-em

Response to Photography 2007-03-17 02:00:54

This is the greatest photo in da world!

Photography

Response to Photography 2007-03-17 02:14:00

A picture i took to enplane to someone how much i cared about them. maybe you can find out why.

Response to Photography 2007-03-17 02:16:50

yeah i forgot the picture im not all up there today.

Photography

Response to Photography 2007-03-17 02:35:14

A Texas Christmas

Photography

Response to Photography 2007-03-17 18:42:59

At 3/17/07 02:16 AM, Delta-ForceZero19 wrote: yeah i forgot the picture im not all up there today.

That looks like somewhere I went in Finland.

----

I took a few snaps today, I will post a couple others in my art thread, so check it out and give comments and criticism please.

Photography

Response to Photography 2007-03-17 19:35:00

At 3/17/07 06:42 PM, Gorglore wrote: I took a few snaps today, I will post a couple others in my art thread, so check it out and give comments and criticism please.

I kinda like the composition, although I do think the subject matter is somewhat boring (then again, as someone who's posted numerous pictures of puddles, road signs and whatnot, I'm hardly one to talk).

The biggest problem seems to be the good old British weather! Unfortunately it's really hard to get good pictures in such poor light as that. Try again when it's sunny, I'm sure you will get much better photos.

A little bit of touching up in Photoshop (or whatever else you have) wouldn't go amiss either, it can be surprising the difference a small adjustment in saturation/contrast etc. can make.

A nice effort though, I think you're certainly on the right tracks. :)

Response to Photography 2007-03-17 19:40:12

At 3/17/07 07:35 PM, SkyCube wrote: I kinda like the composition, although I do think the subject matter is somewhat boring (then again, as someone who's posted numerous pictures of puddles, road signs and whatnot, I'm hardly one to talk).

The biggest problem seems to be the good old British weather! Unfortunately it's really hard to get good pictures in such poor light as that. Try again when it's sunny, I'm sure you will get much better photos.

A little bit of touching up in Photoshop (or whatever else you have) wouldn't go amiss either, it can be surprising the difference a small adjustment in saturation/contrast etc. can make.

A nice effort though, I think you're certainly on the right tracks. :)

Thanks for the comments.
The thing is, I darkened the image slightly, and it was sunny when I took it.
I darkened it because it was much easier on the eyes. And the original one, the fun and woodwork looked too bold although I didn't change it much.

Response to Photography 2007-03-17 19:46:35

At 3/17/07 07:40 PM, Gorglore wrote: Thanks for the comments.
The thing is, I darkened the image slightly, and it was sunny when I took it.
I darkened it because it was much easier on the eyes. And the original one, the fun and woodwork looked too bold although I didn't change it much.

Ah, I see. The way you darkened it makes it look just like a picture taken on a typical cloudy British day. :P

May I ask what camera and settings were you using?

Response to Photography 2007-03-17 22:23:47

At 3/17/07 07:46 PM, SkyCube wrote: Ah, I see. The way you darkened it makes it look just like a picture taken on a typical cloudy British day. :P

That's what I was aiming for.

Some crap camera, don't know what setting. I'm no photographer.
I'll find what camera it is later today after I get some sleep (it's 2:24 am here).

'Night!

Response to Photography 2007-03-17 22:58:31

At 3/17/07 10:23 PM, Gorglore wrote:
At 3/17/07 07:46 PM, SkyCube wrote: Ah, I see. The way you darkened it makes it look just like a picture taken on a typical cloudy British day. :P
That's what I was aiming for.

Ah, well in that case my advice would be to not aim for that! Unless you're trying to illustrate the weather, such an effect is generally undesirable.

Some crap camera, don't know what setting. I'm no photographer.
I'll find what camera it is later today after I get some sleep (it's 2:24 am here).

'Night!

Well I would certainly recommend learning about what settings it has and how to use them. Auto is fine for holiday snapshots or pics of people at parties etc, but for taking serious or arty photos it's always better to have a bit more control. :)

Response to Photography 2007-03-18 07:05:52

It does look like is has been darkened, the sky must have been overexposed and been perfectly white, then you darkened it and it turned a little grey. If it had been taken to have a grey sky there would have been a slight gradient or hint of clouds.

I agree with SkyCube, the subject isn't that interesting.

Response to Photography 2007-03-18 14:10:34

Honestly I didn't darken it much.
If you like I could upload the original somewhere, but I'm too lazy to resize it.
I shall take in consideration the points you have made.

Response to Photography 2007-03-24 07:43:17

here are some i took about 2 weeks ago but havnt got round to posting on newgrounds.... 1 2 3 4

Response to Photography 2007-03-24 08:08:50

Response to Photography 2007-04-02 11:08:34

Here's a picture I took of my neighbourhood a couple months ago.

Photography

looking good and dressing well is a necessity. having a purpose in life is not.

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2007-04-02 18:19:01

Well, i just started photography at school, and planning to keep going for the next 3 years, since it's my first year i only have analogue prints, i'll scan them in somewhere (don't have a scanner), and then i'd like to join.
But i've seen some really good pictures (in my opinion) and some really...bad ones..like....emo thingies, shots....attempts at art (like what i'm doing at school, not emo, but..attempts at art...^^)

Cheers, i'll check up from time to time

Response to Photography 2007-04-02 19:04:55

At 4/2/07 06:19 PM, SiMpSoN-Grrrrooooove wrote: Well, i just started photography at school, and planning to keep going for the next 3 years, since it's my first year i only have analogue prints, i'll scan them in somewhere (don't have a scanner), and then i'd like to join.
But i've seen some really good pictures (in my opinion) and some really...bad ones..like....emo thingies, shots....attempts at art (like what i'm doing at school, not emo, but..attempts at art...^^)

Cheers, i'll check up from time to time

Cool :)

Big tip though, get a digital camera! Preferably a digital SLR.

Even if you can't use it for your school work, it makes practicing and developing your skills so much easier (and cheaper).

Response to Photography 2007-04-02 20:06:16

At 4/2/07 07:04 PM, SkyCube wrote:
Cool :)

Big tip though, get a digital camera! Preferably a digital SLR.

Even if you can't use it for your school work, it makes practicing and developing your skills so much easier (and cheaper).

Haha, i never said i didn't had a digital camera, i do, but just not a professional one, sometimes we do some digital photography, but those seme to epic fail all the time.
I've made my opinion when i first compared analogue with digital, and dude, analogue rawks. You'll see when you see the print.

wich will take for ever to scan. And how do you like my freshly made signature picture, Newgrounds is being not nice so it'll change in a moment....damn opera...won't update Newgrounds...fucking cunt.... >.<

Cheers

Response to Photography 2007-04-02 20:56:08

At 4/2/07 08:06 PM, SiMpSoN-Grrrrooooove wrote: Haha, i never said i didn't had a digital camera, i do, but just not a professional one, sometimes we do some digital photography, but those seme to epic fail all the time.
I've made my opinion when i first compared analogue with digital, and dude, analogue rawks. You'll see when you see the print.

Not all digital SLRs are professional, mine certainly isn't! Professional ones cost thousands...

When you take digital photos do you change the settings (aperture, shutter speed etc.) or do you just use it on auto? If you're using it on auto its no surprise its hard to get good pictures. If printed properly (not on an inkjet printer or something) digital pictures can look just as shiny as traditional ones! :P

You're lucky to be good at darkroom printing though, personally I suck at it. I find it incredibly hard to get traditional prints that can compare to decent digital ones. Plus the fact that with Photoshop I can do in 5 minutes what would take me half and hour in the darkroom makes digital more attractive to me.

Good luck though, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your prints, once you get a chance to scan them. :)

Response to Photography 2007-04-03 16:21:59

At 4/2/07 08:56 PM, SkyCube wrote:
Not all digital SLRs are professional, mine certainly isn't! Professional ones cost thousands...

Now thats a fact, my teacher for photoshop usually goes around telling "Hey guys, look I have a new camera" and when we ask "can we test it?" he goes all liekzorzo "Oh noes, tis very eckspinsive"

When you take digital photos do you change the settings (aperture, shutter speed etc.) or do you just use it on auto? If you're using it on auto its no surprise its hard to get good pictures. If printed properly (not on an inkjet printer or something) digital pictures can look just as shiny as traditional ones! :P

Well, i said i don't own a professional camera, so it's hard to adjust your settings (its from some kind of second handed store). But at school sometimes we use it, and then we can adjust the shutter speed, but thats it.
My printers' cartridge is empty (for almost a year now) so i don't use it for printing, and if i do, then on photopaper(wich is shiny).
But there are some things that photoshop just can't do [ I'm talking mostly about contrasts here]. See it like this; Would you prefer bread from a production line or from a small bakery at the corner of the street (with a few more minutes waiting).

You're lucky to be good at darkroom printing though, personally I suck at it. I find it incredibly hard to get traditional prints that can compare to decent digital ones. Plus the fact that with Photoshop I can do in 5 minutes what would take me half and hour in the darkroom makes digital more attractive to me.

Hmm, yeah, I won't say I'm good at it, but i most certainly not suck. I am getting tired of it, it's always the same, but the idea that i worked half an hour on 1 photograph gives me much more satisfaction then clicked a few times.

The professional photgraphers i know still work with film.

It's just the concept that counts, but i am getting sick of it and wanna learn good composition and making intresting images, because [and i speak for my entire class] We Know How To Develope A Film

Response to Photography 2007-04-03 18:53:30

At 4/3/07 04:21 PM, SiMpSoN-Grrrrooooove wrote: But there are some things that photoshop just can't do [ I'm talking mostly about contrasts here]. See it like this; Would you prefer bread from a production line or from a small bakery at the corner of the street (with a few more minutes waiting).

But if I'm the one running the small bakery, and I suck at baking... :P

Like I said, you're lucky, I have only ever got one or two traditional prints that compare to my digital ones. :)

And I can't really think of anything you can do in the darkroom that can't be done on Photoshop, although it would depend on how good at Photoshop you are i suppose.

Response to Photography 2007-04-03 19:55:57

well. i really just started photography and i think it would be better if i actually had a camera of my own but for plain fact that i have no cash i use my friends when i can.....here is one i added glow to it for effect....the tattoos on her are real not photoshoped.

i call it: Broken Bride

Photography

Response to Photography 2007-04-04 07:01:54

At 4/3/07 07:55 PM, 3-Dustfinger-3 wrote: well. i really just started photography and i think it would be better if i actually had a camera of my own but for plain fact that i have no cash i use my friends when i can.....here is one i added glow to it for effect....the tattoos on her are real not photoshoped.

If you actually took that, it's bloody brilliant.

Normally I'm not one to go accusing people of pretending they made things they didn't, but the fact that this looks like studio work (and you don't even have your own camera), the low quality of the image (as if it was just taken from the web), and the small watermark in the bottom left corner do kinda make me wonder.

Post some more pictures...

Response to Photography 2007-04-04 08:22:30

At 4/3/07 06:53 PM, SkyCube wrote:
And I can't really think of anything you can do in the darkroom that can't be done on Photoshop, although it would depend on how good at Photoshop you are i suppose.

Contrasts, if you have a digital file,and you want to turn it black and white, you will ALWAYS have grey areas, or if you adjusted the settings on your camera for black and white pictures, your black and white will never be black and white (maybe with a calibrated desktop, but still).
You have more control.
Also, if you always rely on digital you'll never have 100 % security, you can back up as much as you want, if there is a black out, it's gone man.

it's pretty extreem, but it's a good example, i think

I could go on for hours saying what you can do in a darkroom, wich you can't do with photoshop [that idea works in both ways btw] But I'm more of a speaker then a typer, i don't type easy.

But yeah if you suck at it, then there is little you can do about it.
All i can say is practice and practice..practice makes perfect.

Ow yeah, the girl who posted that image with the added "glow" has clearly posted an image from some kind of goth website, i know the real author....well i don't but she's faking it
. =p

Cheers

Response to Photography 2007-04-04 17:03:53

At 4/4/07 07:01 AM, SkyCube wrote:
At 4/3/07 07:55 PM, 3-Dustfinger-3 wrote: well. i really just started photography and i think it would be better if i actually had a camera of my own but for plain fact that i have no cash i use my friends when i can.....here is one i added glow to it for effect....the tattoos on her are real not photoshoped.

If you actually took that, it's bloody brilliant.

Normally I'm not one to go accusing people of pretending they made things they didn't, but the fact that this looks like studio work (and you don't even have your own camera), the low quality of the image (as if it was just taken from the web), and the small watermark in the bottom left corner do kinda make me wonder.

Post some more pictures...

well that was my first attempt really but when i do more i'll add them here. my friends father is a photographer and he let me use him camera cuz she saw how much i wanted to try....im working on buying my own. he said i have an eye for the morbid beauty or something and well yeah....after getting used to the stuff i came out with this......and the smudge may have been on the sheet. my parents wouldnt let me paint a wall black so i hung up a black sheet for effect.

Response to Photography 2007-04-04 19:54:10

Touched up the colour a little in Photoshop, but that's it really.

Photography

BBS Signature

Response to Photography 2007-04-09 23:48:19

here are some i took today