00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Username Standards

118,696 Views | 741 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-10 21:56:58

At 9/10/06 09:50 PM, l2iver_l3lues wrote: How do I change my user name? I have an underscore name and want to change it.

Go to your account settings, and then click on the link titled "Edit Personal settings". After that you will see a text box next to "alias". Click in the text box and delete the dashes/underscores from your Username. That should get rid of them, at least that's how I got rid of mine.

I'm really gonna miss being "-dng-", because for some reason "dng" without the hyphens just seems a bit plain...might change it soon then.

Take care of yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-10 21:58:07

-McFooFa- is dead.

Now there is only...

McFooFa. :'(

DAMN YOU.

YOU CRUEL, CRUEL MONSTERS. :(

BBS Signature

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-10 22:10:41

Hmm...I had to change my name because, it had a "-" at the end.

The only reason I had to do that is because someone took the alias I wanted. :(

I'm fine with this one though.

I'm looking forward to the new features and stuff to the site Tom!

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-10 22:14:07

*sigh* I've really grown attached to my underscore...

See, I don't wanna change it yet because XBravRevolutionz and XBrav-Revolutionz kinda looks like shit to be honest. Tom, I do have a question though: With this new format, will my username still be case sensitive or will I get something dumb like xbravrevolutionz or Xbravrevolutionz? It just looks gross. Thanks!

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-10 22:24:05

Will this be fine,no underscore,the - is in the body so its all good for me right?

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-10 22:26:37

At 9/10/06 10:24 PM, BluePhoenix-X wrote: Will this be fine,no underscore,the - is in the body so its all good for me right?

Yup, your name is fine.

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-10 22:29:28

At 9/10/06 10:26 PM, DFox wrote:
At 9/10/06 10:24 PM, BluePhoenix-X wrote: Will this be fine,no underscore,the - is in the body so its all good for me right?
Yup, your name is fine.

good,i was hoping i could keep the X,i use to have 99 but it got dull.

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-10 23:25:14

Tom.

This is Wade, your brother.

and I demand we put even MORE regulations on usernames.

Make it people can ONLY name themselves after Final Fantasy characters.

And then.....and then my dear brother I am going to take newgrounds and I WILL SHOVE IT UP MY FUCKING ASS.

And I will be COMPLETE and TOTAL ruler of this website! ME! WADE!

MWAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHaHAH
AHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-10 23:34:22

At 9/10/06 11:25 PM, WaydFlup wrote: Tom.

This is Wade, your brother.

and I demand we put even MORE regulations on usernames.

Make it people can ONLY name themselves after Final Fantasy characters.

And then.....and then my dear brother I am going to take newgrounds and I WILL SHOVE IT UP MY FUCKING ASS.

And I will be COMPLETE and TOTAL ruler of this website! ME! WADE!

MWAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHaHAH
AHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AIGHT!i been seeing u all over the forum latley with the same shit every time,saying your WadeFulp in shit,its starting to annoy me!stop spaming!

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-10 23:36:31

Well, I used to be Queen_of_the_Blammed til I saw this on the front page. I still waited a few days before I finally caved and changed it to what it currently is. So now i'm face with the dilemma pretty much everyone else is.. to hyphen or not to hyphen? I got used to my underscores, since its been like that for about a year and a half or longer. Now I wonder if i should change it to being hyphen-less, or keep it the way it is. I dunno.

I do wonder though are you going on inactive users just by the posts and flash submissions, or are you going off of other things as well? There's been times where I havent had time to visit the NG community for a month or even longer. And I dont submit flash because for one, i dont have the program to do flash, and two, if i did, i'd just be another shitty flash artist because I have no drawing skills whatsoever. Ah well.

How hard would it be to add a feature to our profile (or elsewhere) that says when the last time we logged in was? So when you looked at a profile you could see the date that person signed up on, as well as the date that person last logged onto NG, making it look something like this:

Sign-up Date: 12/9/03
Last Logged in: 9/10/06

......More than likely, its a huge pain in the ass, but it was an idea!

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 00:12:14

At 9/10/06 10:14 PM, XBrav_Revolutionz wrote: *sigh* I've really grown attached to my underscore...

Haha! You make it sound like you're losing a testical. I dropped the underscore from the middle of my alias eons ago. Not sure why but at least it's still valid under the new rules.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 00:16:19

wow took forever to get this but yay more fun with NG now

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 00:55:14

At 9/10/06 09:58 PM, McFooFa wrote: YOU CRUEL, CRUEL MONSTERS. :(

Indeed, they also killed -TheFaces.

My username looks like shit now. I swear i'll kill you if I see the pun.

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 01:13:53

sure, this all fucking tulips and daisys and goddamn pansys, for those with only word in there names, what about usernames like mine!!?

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 01:22:03

At 9/11/06 01:13 AM, the_man_in_black_ wrote: sure, this all fucking tulips and daisys and goddamn pansys, for those with only word in there names, what about usernames like mine!!?

the-man-in-black

TheManInBlack

both sound and look better than the shitty underscores you have now. BELIEVE ME.
>:|

BBS Signature

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 05:07:26

So um, no changes here then. :-)

> twitter.

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 05:13:58

Wow, so many complaints :P 30th page already...

BBS Signature

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 05:24:18

Been gone in Florida for a month and all of this is happening yet it doesn't bother me none with the new username standards or new layout on the 15th of November.

Best of luck to ya Tom about the whole username thing and w/e.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 05:36:25

At 9/11/06 05:13 AM, Toast wrote: Wow, so many complaints :P 30th page already...

So, what else is new? :-)

> twitter.

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 06:30:28

Tom Do you ever, and i mean ever take a break, like man just do something else then Behemoth, Newgrounds or work, just chill with your Lady or something just forget that you even have Newgrounds and Rent a movie?.. because you constantly are doing something travelling this must be stressing you up sometimes. I am just asking because i just want to know if your life is just a COMPUTER+GAMES+THIS SITE or if its something more.

Plebbi!

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 06:31:14

Hey Tom could you PLZ try and fix my account. It got screwed up when i changed my "Underscore" to a "Dash" and it wont let me access my account options, plz fix it.

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 07:14:38

At 9/11/06 06:31 AM, Da-Turntablist wrote: Hey Tom could you PLZ try and fix my account. It got screwed up when i changed my "Underscore" to a "Dash" and it wont let me access my account options, plz fix it.

Log out and then log back in w/ you new username.

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 08:25:35

I wanted to thank Tom for the new name.

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 09:06:38

i just dont understand why???

The worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades.

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 10:07:23

YEH

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 10:47:08

-yam- is now yam.

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 10:54:31

At 9/11/06 09:06 AM, liranmov wrote: i just dont understand why???

here's a recap of the last 30 pages:

we need to make these changes and here's why

BUT UH I DONT GET IT WAAAAA!!

we're not doing this for merely cosmetic changes, pay attention

WHAT THE FUCK I DISAGREE WITH THIS!

learn to read you ignorant worm, it's been explained 15 times in this thread already

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHYYYY!!! (you)

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 12:42:47

Hehe, when I was registering, I had this big dilemma should I use "SenseEvolved" or "Sense_Evolved" (just for notice, I didnt saw this topic 'till now). Well, I chose the one without the underscore - the correct one. God, why I cant be so "visionary" for, ummm, I dont know... Champions League results, for example?! :)

Anyway, I dont really like usernames that contains two or more words that are not separated with spaces, but... Im sure that Tom have good reasons for implementing this kind of standards. Some new members may have troubles when they realise that their usual username is already taken and they cant outflank the problem with hyphens... but who cares?

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 14:48:00

Wow, a million of comments for this.

Response to New Username Standards 2006-09-11 15:12:32

So I'm fine they way i am?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature