00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

snoozerzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

dragover or what?

532 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

dragover or what? 2006-08-11 16:27:22

well in my mouse avoider game i have a problem...

how can i disable the cheat where you press the mouse button and drag over the walls?

i tried to give this script to the walls:

on (rollOver, dragOver) {
gotoAndStop(152);
}

well it didnt work at all

so... how do i disable?

Response to dragover or what? 2006-08-11 16:29:31

At 8/11/06 04:27 PM, dEcamp3r wrote: well in my mouse avoider game i have a problem...

how can i disable the cheat where you press the mouse button and drag over the walls?

i tried to give this script to the walls:

on (rollOver, dragOver) {
gotoAndStop(152);
}

well it didnt work at all

so... how do i disable?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you post a demo so we can see exactly what's happening...or explain it in more detail?

Response to dragover or what? 2006-08-11 16:32:07

I assume you mean that you want to stop the player right clicking their way to victory.

If so, this is what you need:

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
if (Key.isDown(2)) {
_root.gotoAndStop(152);
}
}

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to dragover or what? 2006-08-11 16:32:21

well there are games called "mouse avoiders" where you musnt touch the walls but touch the finish button

there are ways for cheating and one of it is by pressing and holding the mouse and draging over the walls by taking no effect and i want to disable it

Response to dragover or what? 2006-08-11 16:34:46

At 8/11/06 04:32 PM, dEcamp3r wrote: well there are games called "mouse avoiders" where you musnt touch the walls but touch the finish button

there are ways for cheating and one of it is by pressing and holding the mouse and draging over the walls by taking no effect and i want to disable it

Why would clicking and dragging over the walls let them cheat? The _xmouse and _ymouse can still be tracked even when the left mouse button is clicked. So you should still be able to tell when the mouse hits the walls whether the mouse is clicked or not.

Response to dragover or what? 2006-08-11 16:36:18

At 8/11/06 04:34 PM, bomtoons wrote:
Why would clicking and dragging over the walls let them cheat? The _xmouse and _ymouse can still be tracked even when the left mouse button is clicked. So you should still be able to tell when the mouse hits the walls whether the mouse is clicked or not.

umm... i dont realy understand the xmouse and ymouse thingy... is it explained in AS main? i like explanations

cuz i didnt understand a thing you just said

Response to dragover or what? 2006-08-11 16:37:26

At 8/11/06 04:34 PM, bomtoons wrote: Why would clicking and dragging over the walls let them cheat? The _xmouse and _ymouse can still be tracked even when the left mouse button is clicked. So you should still be able to tell when the mouse hits the walls whether the mouse is clicked or not.

I think he's talking about that cheat that if you right click, and go over where the finish lvl button is (or w/e its called) whatever the mouse was dragging instantly skips to that spot, avoiding all walls/obstacles.

Of course I could be wrong....

BBS Signature

Response to dragover or what? 2006-08-11 16:39:41

yeah there was script but that was the right mouse button but i need the left one!

Response to dragover or what? 2006-08-11 16:41:14

At 8/11/06 04:39 PM, dEcamp3r wrote: yeah there was script but that was the right mouse button but i need the left one!

If you mean my script, surely you can work it out.

If right click is 2, left click must be...

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to dragover or what? 2006-08-11 16:43:52

At 8/11/06 04:39 PM, dEcamp3r wrote: yeah there was script but that was the right mouse button but i need the left one!

I really don't see why clicking the left mouse button should matter in a mouse avoider.

Response to dragover or what? 2006-08-11 16:45:10

I'm making a game like that and I've got the scripts so they can't cheat. I'll go get them

Response to dragover or what? 2006-08-11 16:48:40

onClipEvent(mouseDown){
//actions
}
onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
if(Key.isDown(2)){
//actions
}
}