00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pacman0824 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I Need Clarity

863 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I Need Clarity 2006-07-25 21:15:37

this is a major issue, i have released over 40 songs into newgrounds but each and everyone of them lack good clarity. i hav tried everything to resolve this from inceasing the sampling rate to numerous other tactics. My song are good but the quality of the sound pulls the value down. Someone..........help!

Response to I Need Clarity 2006-07-26 00:41:40

you could try adjusting the mix, a bad mix can hurt a song's clarity. You could also try cutting back on 'texture' effects. Things like reverb and distortion add extra noise to a track which ends up couding a recording. Other than that, i thought your music sounded pretty cool.

Response to I Need Clarity 2006-07-26 00:44:04

sorry for the double post

clouding, rather.

another thing you could try is export at high quality, and then shave down the bitrate using audacity or iTunes. That'll keep the sound quality at it's highest.

Response to I Need Clarity 2006-07-26 00:53:34

You need to use equalizers to bring out exactly the sounds you like, and compressors to make everything sound louder, while not peaking.

Response to I Need Clarity 2006-07-26 12:52:09

Yes, I second that on EQs. EQs can be the secret weapon in a lot of situations ...

A neat excercise is to turn down all the frequencey bands on your EQ, and then turn up just small notch and see what's in that frequency band. Then, turn them all down again, and turn up a different notch. It really helps you to hear what's where. If your mix sounds muddy and you think the problem is one certain frequency range that is too prominent, try this excercise to see if you can isolate it.

Best of luck.

Response to I Need Clarity 2006-07-26 19:19:24

I will try these methods... thank you guys