00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd

7,274 Views | 133 Replies

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:18:19

At 7/17/06 07:15 PM, -poxpower- wrote: If I don't like I band, don't you think its because I think it sucks?? Why would I not like a band I think is good?

Be constructive or you can fuck off, that's my point of view.

And wait, weren't you that kid who got his account stolen by Dobio in 2004 or so? Kaabi? Was that you?

Er, no.

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:21:44

At 7/17/06 07:16 PM, -poxpower- wrote:
Go read a book and leave the guitars and keyboards to the people who care.

You know, lyrics and good music don't exclude oneanother. Pink Floyd, in my oppinnion, combines good musicianship and good lyrics.

Seriously, if you really have as shitty taste in music as you give out, go listen to some techno or something, Ramstein is too good for you.

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:26:43

At 7/17/06 07:21 PM, SicleOnASledge wrote:
Seriously, if you really have as shitty taste in music as you give out, go listen to some techno or something, Ramstein is too good for you.

Now your just proving his point.

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:27:00

You know, lyrics and good music don't exclude oneanother.

Duh.
But lyrics are worth at most 1% of a song.

People who use lyrics to diss/praise songs don't know dick

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:27:34

don't u dare direct that stereotype at me. i know a lot of pink floyd and led zep. ask me guestions i'll prove it. and heres one of my favorite pink floyd albums ever. most people (adults even) have never heard of it. i own it!

Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd

mmmmm....sig......

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:28:47

I like a variety of music, from Pink Floyd to They Might Be Giants to etc. etc.

I'm a music whore.

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:35:52

At 7/17/06 07:27 PM, -poxpower- wrote: But lyrics are worth at most 1% of a song.

Since when? Just read the lyrics to Iron Maiden's songs. A huge reason to why Iron Maiden has become so popular is just because of the lyrics.

Steve Harris, a bassist(!), has become Mr. Iron Maiden due to his song writing skills. Without their lyrics, they wouldn't be as successive as they are.

Or what about the lyrics in many songs by Ozzy Osbourne?

Do you even listen to hard rock, heavy metal or any rock at all?

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:38:15

Lyrics in music can be compared to grammer in a story. It isn't needed, yet the content is a lot easier to absorb with it.

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:41:44

plus i know more about the beatles than you ever will. com'on, test me. i dare you!

mmmmm....sig......

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:44:26

At 7/17/06 07:26 PM, TEH_alex_MISTER wrote:
Now your just proving his point.

What point?

At 7/17/06 07:27 PM, -poxpower- wrote: Duh.

Uhm counting how? the singer is usually one fifth of the band, the vocals are usually elevated above the soundlevel of the instruments, and without the lyrics, songs are just instrumentals.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:46:58

At 7/17/06 07:27 PM, marlow1 wrote: don't u dare direct that stereotype at me. i know a lot of pink floyd and led zep. ask me guestions i'll prove it. and heres one of my favorite pink floyd albums ever. most people (adults even) have never heard of it. i own it!

Haha, you're a crock of shit, plenty of people have heard of The Final Cut.

If you want something many people haven't heard of, try The Man/The Journey live concept by Pink Floyd.

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:48:38

At 7/17/06 07:35 PM, Andersson wrote:
Since when?

Since forever.
What do you think people remember Opera for? The great stories, or the great music? Mozart didn't write his shit in the air, there's a story behind the music, but do you think anyone gives a shit?
Don't be a snob.

A huge reason to why Iron Maiden has become so popular is just because of the lyrics.

That would be so sad if it was true.
Fortunately, Iron Maiden fans are usualy just teenagers who haven't bought enough Rammstein CDs.
Metal is a highly overated musical genre anyways. Probably the most, just behind rap ( I mean, just the fact that rap exists makes it overated...)

Or what about the lyrics in many songs by Ozzy Osbourne?

Yeah I AM BARKING AT THE MOON
because I am the Iron Man.

That's fucking deep right there. You can see how great Ozzy is in the show "The Osbournes" too. Now there was a true monument to his greatness!

I wouldn't have gone there if I had been you. I can appreciate Black Sabbath aplenty without ever reading the lyrics to any of their songs.

Do I listen to any Hard Rock?
I have about 15 gigs of music. And that's not counting full albums. That means that I don't pretend I have lots of songs just because I have 100 beatles song, 80 Rolling Stones songs etc.
I have a really diverse library, and that's how I can tell you that most bands don't make that many great songs.

You know that band, Europe? Who did the Final Countdown?
Do you know how many albums they have released?

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:48:49

At 7/17/06 07:46 PM, DarkLlama wrote: Haha, you're a crock of shit, plenty of people have heard of The Final Cut.

If you want something many people haven't heard of, try The Man/The Journey live concept by Pink Floyd.

well most adults i've asked that like pink floyd, a lot. havn't heard it. k?

mmmmm....sig......

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:49:12

Pink Floyd rocks fuck you.

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:50:13

At 7/17/06 07:46 PM, DarkLlama wrote: Haha, you're a crock of shit, plenty of people have heard of The Final Cut.

Yeah, but it's not not half as known as DSOTM or The Wall. Also, I own that one too, vinyl.

Yeah, that's quite obscure.

But anyway, poxy dear, if you really hate them lyrics so much (I know, lots of mean words), try listening to Interstellar Overdrive, Saucerfull Of Secrets, Atom Heart Mother and Echoes (has lyrics, but don't worry, they're rare glimpses).

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:50:57

At 7/17/06 04:48 PM, -poxpower- wrote: Which of these old boring bands is the most overated by the teenagers of today who have listened to 5 albums in their entire lifetime?
Cast your vote now!

GO PINK FLOYD GO!

Nothing says "blow me" like 7 minute songs and a thick brittish accent!

I dont listen to any of these two bands, but Led Zeppelin is better.

next up: The Ramones vs The Clash

both sucks

and Pantera vs Megadeth!

both are good.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:52:09

Meh..they're just both meh.

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:52:18

At 7/17/06 07:50 PM, SicleOnASledge wrote: But anyway, poxy dear, if you really hate them lyrics so much (I know, lots of mean words), try listening to Interstellar Overdrive, Saucerfull Of Secrets, Atom Heart Mother and Echoes (has lyrics, but don't worry, they're rare glimpses).

Haha, I'm listening to Interstellar Overdrive now. Echoes has great lyrics and the vocal melody is great also, even if it is mostly instrumental.

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:52:45

At 7/17/06 07:50 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
next up: The Ramones vs The Clash
both sucks

Except The Clash.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:55:01

There is no way that Led Zeppelin is better than Pink Floyd.

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:55:27

At 7/17/06 07:27 PM, marlow1 wrote: and heres one of my favorite pink floyd albums ever. most people (adults even) have never heard of it. i own it!

Ha, my dad owns that album and he thinks it's the dark side of the moon.
He got scammed at the CD store.

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:55:30

At 7/17/06 07:27 PM, -poxpower- wrote:
You know, lyrics and good music don't exclude oneanother.
Duh.

Wtf are you saying?
You seem to really dont know a thing about metal and rock music. If you would listen to come Power Metal music you would realize how its dumb to say things like that.

your favorite band is Rammstein, plz. Oh shit sorry, the only band you listen to is rammstein, sorry.

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 19:55:53

Everyone has different opinions on what music they like, if they like it they like it. No need too throw a mod bitch fit about it.

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 20:01:26

It's unfair to say that.
I've been listening to Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd since I was 3.
I've heard every single song on every single album by them.

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 20:03:00

At 7/17/06 07:55 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Wtf are you saying?
You seem to really dont know a thing about metal and rock music. If you would listen to come Power Metal music you would realize how its dumb to say things like that.

POWER METAL?

hahahahahaha
HAHAHAHA

IN THE LAND OF THE ELVES AND THE TROLLS LALALA FIGHT FOR THE GLORY OF THE DRAGON KING LALALAL

Yeah really really deep there. Thank god I can listen to such great classics. Maybe we should make a book with Rhapshody lyrics. It worked for LOTR, maybe it will work for them!

your favorite band is Rammstein, plz. Oh shit sorry, the only band you listen to is rammstein, sorry.

OMG PWN
Sorry I couldn't list 2000 songs in my profile.

At 7/17/06 07:50 PM, SicleOnASledge wrote:
Interstellar Overdrive, Saucerfull Of Secrets, Atom Heart Mother and Echoes (has lyrics, but don't worry, they're rare glimpses).

I never heard of those bands, but they sound like Indy techno-rock bullshit alla later radiohead. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and I'll never listen to them, so that way I can't tell you how much they suck!

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 20:28:31

Pink Floyd is the shit man stfu!

This thread is made of WIN.

(clever laughable phrase)

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 20:29:41

At 7/17/06 07:55 PM, -Platinum- wrote: There is no way that Led Zeppelin is better than Pink Floyd.

agreed! but Led Zep is damn good too.

mmmmm....sig......

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 20:44:20

At 7/17/06 05:09 PM, -poxpower- wrote: Radiohead wins against any band.
They're the KINGs.

Although Radiohead vs NIN would be pretty close.

ololololol, NIN is painfully overrated. They're good, but they're not good to the extent most people make them out to be. Radiohead is decent, i'm not a big fan, but whatever.

At 7/17/06 06:16 PM, -poxpower- wrote: I can't count the number of prebubescent metal heads who start off with Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden, and who veer off the decent path and into shitty death metal.

Oh, because veering into German Tanz-Metall is so much better? Seriously, Rammstein aren't that great. If you think that's the best German Tanz-Metall band there is, you are seriously mistaken. Knorkator, Megaherz, Oomph!, KMFDM, etc. Even Deutsch Amerikanische Freundshaft, regardless of the fact that's not Tanz-Metall, because it's techno.

At 7/17/06 07:48 PM, -poxpower- wrote: Fortunately, Iron Maiden fans are usualy just teenagers who haven't bought enough Rammstein CDs.

OMG OMG OMG BUY MORE RAMMSTEIN

DUUUUUUUU

DUUUUU HASSSSSSSSSSST

DU HASSSSSSSSSSSSSST MICH

LOLOMG THAT TTLY MEANZ "YOU H8" IN GERMIN!!!!!!!1!

I have a really diverse library, and that's how I can tell you that most bands don't make that many great songs.

Well, DUH. If that's the point you're trying to get across, you veered so off-course in trying to be funny and insulting people's music taste & how you percieve every single teenager ever, you failed to deliver your point, besides just stating behind a thick veil of sarcasm that they are overrated (much like yourself, but I digress) & nobody is allowed to like them that much.

You know that band, Europe? Who did the Final Countdown?

Yes, they are horrible. That song is so bad it hurts, regardless what you or Mick thinks.

Do you know how many albums they have released?

Eight, not counting the bootleg. I also hope you comprehend that they were one of the major factors in beginning the power metal genre. Plus they are buttrock faghats.

At 7/17/06 07:27 PM, -poxpower- wrote: But lyrics are worth at most 1% of a song.

LOL, NO.

That's different. Music on the whole is just a story or even just words & sometimes sounds put to a melody or a beat. Regardless of how well-constructed it is, if you're critiquing a song solely on the melodic basis of it, you miss the main factor of the song, & many a time you miss a great song altogether.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 20:58:26

Interstellar Overdrive, Saucerfull Of Secrets, Atom Heart Mother and Echoes (has lyrics, but don't worry, they're rare glimpses).
I never heard of those bands, but they sound like Indy techno-rock bullshit alla later radiohead. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and I'll never listen to them, so that way I can't tell you how much they suck!

sorry poxpower but those are Pink Floyd songs not tehcno rock bands, well at least now you know. And why are we still arguing about this

Here I am, bored with everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd 2006-07-17 20:59:31

At 7/17/06 06:16 PM, -poxpower- wrote:
Oh, because veering into German Tanz-Metall is so much better?

RAMMSTEIN.
There ain't a band like them. I looked. The closest is probably Rob Zombie or PowerMan5000.
Speaking German doesn't make you like Rammstein.

Seriously, Rammstein aren't that great.

They rule the universe. And I have a right to claim it because not that many people listen to them as far as I can tell, and I never heard them on any radio in america. Its not like they're indy, shit, they're a well-known band.
Underrated much.

Knorkator, Megaherz, Oomph!, KMFDM, etc. Even Deutsch Amerikanische Freundshaft, regardless of the fact that's not Tanz-Metall, because it's techno.

I don't know what you think "Tanz-Metall" is, but I know that KMFDM and Megaherz are a steaming pile of suck compared to Rammstein. Megaherz has a sissy little singer and KMFDM veers waaaaaaaay too much into techno. They're still better than Megaherz that's for sure. I got to listen to probably 10 or so other german "Tanz-Metall" bands, refered to me by sites that swores they were JUST LIKE Rammstein, but you get the same shit all the time: lame-ass singer ( Rammstein's singer is a Lumberjack, that's a man's voice and he's not a shitty Death Metal growler either, he actualy sings ) or over-techno Kraftwerk type shit.

At 7/17/06 07:48 PM, -poxpower- wrote:
LOLOMG THAT TTLY MEANZ "YOU H8" IN GERMIN!!!!!!!1!

If you say so.

Well, DUH. If that's the point you're trying to get across

Well if they weren't so obsessed with being right for a change, maybe they'd get the point? If you got it, then so can they, unless they're idiots, eh?
Or are you claiming you and I are so smart we operate at a higher level and that I should dumb-down my rant so everyone can clearly get them in a non-offensive manner?

Fuck that.

Yes, they are horrible. That song is so bad it hurts, regardless what you or Mick thinks.

Ok, mister "Megaherz is like Rammstein but better".

Eight, not counting the bootleg. I also hope you comprehend that they were one of the major factors in beginning the power metal genre. Plus they are buttrock faghats.

Europe wiki
enter
lawl
They are faghats though. Those first few albums are terrible. In fact they embody the majority of Power Metal pretty well : pure shite.

At 7/17/06 07:27 PM, -poxpower- wrote:
you miss the main factor of the song, & many a time you miss a great song altogether.

So instrumental music is shit then?
Because apparently the main factor of the song is the MEANING of the lyrics eh?

Again: go read a book and leave the music to people who appreciate it.

BBS Signature