00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

gabmaster5 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

402,320 Views | 6,203 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2018-02-13 13:01:52

I'm ten minutes into episode 8 of season 8 and all I can say if Capaldi's Doctor reminds me of a loopy dad. So far I'm a big fan of Capaldi. I can say the jokes about his eyebrows and looking like a magician are also hilarious every time it's mentioned.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2018-02-14 09:06:09

At 2/13/18 01:01 PM, Atlas wrote: I'm ten minutes into episode 8 of season 8 and all I can say if Capaldi's Doctor reminds me of a loopy dad. So far I'm a big fan of Capaldi. I can say the jokes about his eyebrows and looking like a magician are also hilarious every time it's mentioned.

I just finished episode 6 of season 9 and I can say I'm really starting to like Capaldi. He seems as eccentric as I expect the Doctor and maybe a bit more. The only real problem I'm finding with him is I can't stop watching episodes lol.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2018-02-14 09:58:16

Yeah a friend of mine got me into the series and are pretty good not so sure about the female Dr who though

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2018-02-16 20:22:59

I finished Series 9 yesterday night on my phone. Capaldi's Doctor just doesn't seem to give a fuck about anything.

Except a certain someone.

I honestly think if series 10 blows me away Capaldi may become my favorite Doctor. Capaldi is a great actor and fits the role of Doctor so well in my eyes. Hopefully season 10 is the best so far.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2018-05-04 15:15:05

Me personally I think the best doctor has to be between David Tennant, and Matt Smith. Although Capaldi is a great one as well.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2018-09-20 09:34:25

At 9/20/18 08:45 AM, RightTime wrote: New Doctor Who trailer and we're less than a month away from the start of series 11. Who's excited?

I've got mixed feelings. I think Jodie is a great choice and I'm well up for a change of pace from Moffat (who's run I liked a lot more than the fandom in general seemed to), but everything else worries me. You've got a fucking gameshow host as her companion, and Chris Chibnall has never written a good episode before.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2018-10-17 13:19:02

How did you folks feel about the first episode with Jodie?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2018-10-18 03:58:03

At 10/17/18 01:19 PM, Atlas wrote: How did you folks feel about the first episode with Jodie?

They advertised the female Doctor so much and she was a let down. Not only was she way over hyped, she is average as best. They can only blame themselves for this reaction. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2018-10-20 09:54:10

At 10/17/18 01:19 PM, Atlas wrote: How did you folks feel about the first episode with Jodie?

First episode felt a little flat to me but I got a kick out of the second one. I think she's a strong actor and really gets that sort of alien personality I liked with Matt Smith and Eccleston.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2018-10-20 22:28:03

At 10/20/18 09:54 AM, Malachy wrote: First episode felt a little flat to me but I got a kick out of the second one. I think she's a strong actor and really gets that sort of alien personality I liked with Matt Smith and Eccleston.

I haven't seen the second yet, gotta wait for a rerun. Glad to hear the second one is better. I didn't mind the first one, but I could definitely live without it.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2022-06-13 21:18:15

Well folks it has been announced. Ncuti Gatwa will be the next Doctor. I personally have never seen him in anything, but I'm always excited about a new Doctor. We also have some information coming in on the 60th anniversary next year, which is supposed to include Catherine Tate, David Tennant, Neil Patrick Harris, and Bernard Cribbins amongst others. We have a lot to look forward to. Is anyone out there familiar with Gatwa's work and how it could translate to his portrayal of the Doctor?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2022-06-13 21:19:30

At 6/13/22 09:18 PM, Atlas wrote: Well folks it has been announced. Ncuti Gatwa will be the next Doctor. I personally have never seen him in anything, but I'm always excited about a new Doctor. We also have some information coming in on the 60th anniversary next year, which is supposed to include Catherine Tate, David Tennant, Neil Patrick Harris, and Bernard Cribbins amongst others. We have a lot to look forward to. Is anyone out there familiar with Gatwa's work and how it could translate to his portrayal of the Doctor?

This bump is mod approved.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2022-06-13 21:30:24

At 6/13/22 09:19 PM, Timmy wrote:
At 6/13/22 09:18 PM, Atlas wrote: Well folks it has been announced. Ncuti Gatwa will be the next Doctor. I personally have never seen him in anything, but I'm always excited about a new Doctor. We also have some information coming in on the 60th anniversary next year, which is supposed to include Catherine Tate, David Tennant, Neil Patrick Harris, and Bernard Cribbins amongst others. We have a lot to look forward to. Is anyone out there familiar with Gatwa's work and how it could translate to his portrayal of the Doctor?

I am a mod and I approve this message

Paid for by Timmy is Pretty PAC

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2022-06-13 21:36:27

At 6/13/22 09:30 PM, Malachy wrote:
At 6/13/22 09:19 PM, Timmy wrote:
I am a mod and I approve this message

Paid for by Timmy is Pretty PAC

As my common law spouse, I don't think you can promote my PAC

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2023-11-13 17:29:10

Is it me, or is that episode basically about crypto bros cracking a blockchain by feeding kids methylphenidate-lased chips

https://youtu.be/uMY09ocCykQ?si=ynDzGjhDvRkJ0ngg

ich mag katzen

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2023-11-13 19:53:43

At 11/13/23 05:29 PM, CappyCatII wrote: Is it me, or is that episode basically about crypto bros cracking a blockchain by feeding kids methylphenidate-lased chips

Definitely see how you came to that thought lol.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2023-11-14 03:39:00

At 11/13/23 07:53 PM, Atlas wrote:
At 11/13/23 05:29 PM, CappyCatII wrote: Is it me, or is that episode basically about crypto bros cracking a blockchain by feeding kids methylphenidate-lased chips
Definitely see how you came to that thought lol.

Writers really were ahead of thier time

ich mag katzen

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2024-01-04 09:18:44

Did anyone see the 14th doctors specials, they were so good and for what. Like I for real got into the series lately because of it

(Istg I’m not simping for tennant)

She/They, 19., I draw sometimes.

Support me on ko-fi, it helps!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2024-01-04 18:13:32

At 1/4/24 09:18 AM, WonderSchwifty wrote: Did anyone see the 14th doctors specials, they were so good and for what. Like I for real got into the series lately because of it

I haven't watched any of the Doctor since the beginning of 13's run. I watched a handful of episodes and wasn't enjoying them very much. Need to give her another shot and play catch-up with the second Tennant run.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2024-01-05 17:14:44

At 1/4/24 06:13 PM, Atlas wrote:
At 1/4/24 09:18 AM, WonderSchwifty wrote: Did anyone see the 14th doctors specials, they were so good and for what. Like I for real got into the series lately because of it

I haven't watched any of the Doctor since the beginning of 13's run. I watched a handful of episodes and wasn't enjoying them very much. Need to give her another shot and play catch-up with the second Tennant run.

Oh, the specials and the 15’s season have RTD back again for the first time in a while but a lot of the fandom genuinely didn’t like 13’s era due to chibnails quitting and stuff which made me a little bit sad, considering she had potential and stuff.

Anyways, ever since I started it feels goofy and light hearted but also grim for majority of times

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2024-01-06 14:58:47

At 1/5/24 05:14 PM, WonderSchwifty wrote: Oh, the specials and the 15’s season have RTD back again for the first time in a while but a lot of the fandom genuinely didn’t like 13’s era due to chibnails quitting and stuff which made me a little bit sad, considering she had potential and stuff.

Anyways, ever since I started it feels goofy and light hearted but also grim for majority of times

RTD is back? Wow. That alone makes me want to jump back in.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2024-01-06 16:14:05

I liked the specials and I'm glad to see RTD back at the helm. Hopefully they can get Dr Who back in the groove. The last few years of interrupted seasons and specials being so spaced out it felt like we had no time with Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor and she could have been so great.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2024-01-08 18:55:09

At 1/6/24 04:14 PM, Malachy wrote: I liked the specials and I'm glad to see RTD back at the helm. Hopefully they can get Dr Who back in the groove. The last few years of interrupted seasons and specials being so spaced out it felt like we had no time with Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor and she could have been so great.

I really need to read the 13th docs comics or maybe catch on the audio dramas…..

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2024-01-16 21:20:15 (edited 2024-01-16 21:21:49)

I know that I shouldn't bring up old stuff but I genuinely didn't like Human Nature/Family of blood. Its like 15 years late but holy shit I hated how ten as John Smith treated Martha, as if She didn't get traumatized and shit by the events of 42 or how Simm's Master enslaved her family for a year. I just had to get this off my chest

BBS Signature