00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pqndabear34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

404,101 Views | 6,204 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-07-05 02:02:02

At 7/4/15 08:43 PM, stafffighter wrote: Last night I took my niece (who dressed as a feminine version of ecclestone) to doctor who night at Barnes and Noble. There was a raffle I probably would have heard about if I won by now, an early release of the Dalek dvd, including the classic "genesis of the Daleks" story, and a trivia challenge.

god there is never anything like this where i live, ever.
not fair.id have to travel to the US for something like this.
i am however, attending a doctor who party in a few months.
going to watch all the seasons and the place will be doctor who decorated.
i will be bringing my doctor who pillow, dalek pjs and have some dalek pint glasses as well

im on season 8 and left off on episode 7. its fking fantastic!

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-07-10 10:36:27

Thought this trailer for the Doctor being playable in Lego Dimensions might interest some of you.
I really like the Dalek and Cyberman parts shown, they look like they really hit it off well

At 7/10/15 06:42 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Series 9 trailer.

Fffffucking daleks and the master. I really wish they could have different old returning villains. Like with Cold War and the Ice Warrior. Do stuff like that instead of reusing the three most predictable villains ever (Third being Cyberman).

"Codswallop in my opinion." - Hagrid

"I trust no one but my ham sandwich." - SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2

Never say no to Panda.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-07-10 10:44:00

At 7/10/15 10:41 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 7/10/15 10:36 AM, SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2 wrote:
At 7/10/15 06:42 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Series 9 trailer.
Fffffucking daleks and the master. I really wish they could have different old returning villains. Like with Cold War and the Ice Warrior. Do stuff like that instead of reusing the three most predictable villains ever (Third being Cyberman).
They use the Daleks and Cybermen way more than the Master, but I agree. It's getting old.

The trio of Madam Vastra, Jenny, and Strax is also a little old and annoying to me, but I didn't see any of them in the trailer, so they might not show up this season.

"Codswallop in my opinion." - Hagrid

"I trust no one but my ham sandwich." - SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2

Never say no to Panda.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-07-10 17:58:50

Not sure I even like this show any more.

New series is the best it's been, but I've zero interest in it.

Might get back on the Big Finish. Haven't listened in a while and there's that new Bernice Summerfield series with Sutekh that's just come out.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-07-24 01:43:17

i feel like im going backwards with this show. im all caught up with the latest doctor who
but im watching some of the really old ones to see if it is shit like everyone says it. Id like to see for myself if it is or not or if ill get another perspective from it,

finished the new episodes of doctor who, ones on netflix anyway
have to say it ended strangely but i enjoyed it a lot.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-08 16:26:10

Next Saturday!

I saw "Deep Breath: Bonus Edition" and "Season 9 Prequel" scheduled the night before it. Wonder what's up with that.

River's coming back in the Christmas special...

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-08 16:34:32

At 9/8/15 04:26 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Next Saturday!

I'll still watch and discuss every week, but I've had trouble getting excited or even the smallest bit invested in this new show for what feels like ages now. I don't even think of it as Doctor Who anymore, to be honest. I feel like I'm watching a fan film or some non-canon spinoff.

maybe i should start back up on Big Finish stuff, idk

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-18 13:11:15

At 9/18/15 11:23 AM, Amaranthus wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/2a2689a8-5c52-46af-8e69-2fad42c46da3

https://youtu.be/Z29h7HUcJus

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-19 22:20:07

BBC America is showing Tom Baker episodes starting tomorrow. They're showing Genesis of the Daleks and Seeds of Doom tomorrow morning. Dunno why they can't show other classic Doctors as well, but still cool.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-19 23:21:34

Davros as a child because why not
mysterious bad guy repeatedly asking about The Doctor again
scene that reminds me way too much of Empire Strikes Back
frozen planes and dubstep soundtrack (RTD ghost director?)
third season in a row to open with Daleks
Missy raising the bar on how obnoxious a TV show character can be

Is BBC America airing Genesis of the Daleks (in 16:9 ohlordwhy) as a way of apologizing?

but hey, at least we got the long-awaited return of everyone's favorite Doctor Who monster!

Doctor Who Crew

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-20 02:28:34

Man, it's been a while since I've been in here.

Anyway, can we all agree that the tank scene was awesome?

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-20 12:40:52

At 9/19/15 11:21 PM, Oolaph wrote: Is BBC America airing Genesis of the Daleks (in 16:9 ohlordwhy) as a way of apologizing?

I thought it was super good and one of the best episodes of the revival.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-20 14:18:53

The master cheated death, ok I buy that. It's what (she) does. The doctor running from troubles, yes. The eternal question of compassion, we wouldn't be doctor who fans if we weren't into that.
Plus, they seem to have gotten a little better at writing Clara. She wasn't invincible. I get how with two time lords in the room it would have gotten crowded but they made it work.
Ok, that was fairly spoiler free.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-21 20:26:14

Can I suggest since some of us are in the US and BBC America doesn't air the episode until a few hours later, that we wait until after the episode has aired in the US that we mention stuff that's happened in the episode? I'm sure many of us non-Europe fans of the show would want to watch the episode without any spoilers.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-26 15:40:47

One of the best two parters of the revival, and probably the only good Davros story since Genesis (Remembrance is debatable depending on how much you like Ace recking Dalek shit with a magic baseball bat).

Can't believe that was the same guy playing Davros as in those RTD episodes. Performance was night and day. Terry Molloy was always full camp, never had the nuance Michael Wisher did, but Bleach nailed it.

Next week doesn't look great, but definitely a strong start to the series.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-26 18:55:12

Still haven't watched the new season. Watched Genesis of the Daleks instead. lol 5 or 6 times someone got "knocked out" by being touched gently. Watching the Brain of Morbius now. I laughed when Solon offered them wine a second time. This one has a bit of a Fires of Pompeii vibe. I watched Seeds of Evil a few days ago. Reminded me of the Thing or the Thing From Another World in the first half. Was gonna rewatch Pyramids of Mars and Terror of the Zygons since they were on, but had to make room and deleted them since I already saw them.

At 9/21/15 08:26 PM, Eddmario wrote: Can I suggest since some of us are in the US and BBC America doesn't air the episode until a few hours later, that we wait until after the episode has aired in the US that we mention stuff that's happened in the episode? I'm sure many of us non-Europe fans of the show would want to watch the episode without any spoilers.

I think giving an all caps *****SPOILER WARNING***** should be a common courtesy in all discussions of shows when one is about to mention plot details. That's what I always do.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-26 22:09:55 (edited 2015-09-26 22:10:05)

After watching both parts, the entire episode was pretty good.

*****SPOILER WARNING*****

When the Doctor questioned how the Daleks had the concept of "mercy", I just assumed that the concept of mercy was given to them when the Doctor used some regeneration energy on all the Daleks on the planet. I didn't realize that it was because of saving Davros when he was a child.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-27 14:48:06

At 9/27/15 06:50 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Are they seriously going to stick with these sunglasses?
Seriously?

Totally the most ridiculous thing The Doctor has ever worn.

Doctor Who Crew

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-28 17:52:58

So, the big Mars announcement NASA had was that they found signs of flowing water on the planet.

As soon as I heard that, I instantly thought of the (shitty) episode "Waters of Mars"

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-09-29 02:26:08

At 9/28/15 05:52 PM, Eddmario wrote: So, the big Mars announcement NASA had was that they found signs of flowing water on the planet.

As soon as I heard that, I instantly thought of the (shitty) episode "Waters of Mars"

I was thinking the same thing. Bad episode, but it is such a coincidence.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-10-04 09:54:12

Another good episode there.

3 for 3 so far. Let's hope series keeps up this momentum.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-10-04 20:23:41

I've got some catching up to do...

At 9/28/15 05:52 PM, Eddmario wrote: So, the big Mars announcement NASA had was that they found signs of flowing water on the planet.

Yep, that's what I was thinking.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-10-04 23:07:53

Forgot to talk about episode 2. Doctor & Davros scenes were great, the episode as a whole would've been really enjoyable if Missy hadn't been in it.

Really liked episode 3. I feel overly dramatic when I say this, but it felt like the first "real" Doctor Who story in quite a while. Landing on mysterious location where dangerous stuff is happening, The Doctor is scared of the monster, and most importantly no soap opera-esque drama weighing things down. They are pulling the "DOCTOR IS DYING OH NO" thing again, but it's actually appropriate this time around and I'm interested to see what happens instead of dreading the conclusion.

Things are looking up.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-10-17 21:09:19

Well then, the sonic sunglasses didn't last very long...

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-10-17 22:31:58

So, Maisie Williams is going to be the next John Barrowman?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-10-23 18:07:25

Just now got caught up. I'm not sure how they dialed Clara back to tolerable levels but they did it.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-10-23 20:34:15

At 10/23/15 06:07 PM, stafffighter wrote: Just now got caught up. I'm not sure how they dialed Clara back to tolerable levels but they did it.

Clara is the best companion of the revival.

Fight me.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-10-25 16:21:23

Six for six. Superb series so far. Best of the revival by a country mile. This is everything I ever wanted from New Who.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-10-25 19:00:53

Glad they didn't forget about Jack Harkness, even if they just mentioned him in conversation.
As for next week's episode, did they forget that Osgood was killed during the last season finale? Unless of course the version in the episode is a Zygon or they mention that she survived the same way Missie did.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2015-10-31 17:04:26

ISIS but with Zygons.

This series, man.

BBS Signature