00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

carrotandlemon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

403,190 Views | 6,203 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-10 17:27:29

At 7/10/10 05:25 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 7/10/10 05:21 PM, Sticky wrote: I still wanna know what's on the third floor of amy's 2 story house.
the love nest and the torture room with all of her personal leather whips and chains and wht not. you know how them ginger scotts work.

As much as we all wish that were true...

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-10 17:45:12

At 7/10/10 05:27 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:
At 7/10/10 05:25 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: the love nest and the torture room with all of her personal leather whips and chains and wht not. you know how them ginger scotts work.
As much as we all wish that were true...

but remember in the world of Doctor Who anything is possible!!

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-10 18:06:03

Listened to The Marian Conspiracy, and it was awesome. Best audio I've heard so far, definitely recommend it. Works as a starting point for the audios too, as it introduces the first new companion in the series.

It's a classic style historical, in that there's no aliens or anything, just a plot on Queen Mary's life, and The Doctor and Evelyn caught in the middle. There's mild sci-fi elements in that Evelyn would cease to exist as her ancestor might get killed, but that's all.

I do like that the audios have things that would never happen on the show in them, though. Tom Baker kicks a badger to death in one, and Colin Baker beats a guy's head in with a chair in this.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-13 04:14:48

Ya know just watching torchwood again today I noticed something. In Fragments they had a flashback to new years day and jack already had the doctor's severed hand. Didn't the doctor's hand get cut off in 2005? They showed the hand later in the episode too in owen's flashback which would have been in 2004 so even that is still wrong. Did that hand slip back in time after it got cut off?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-13 04:16:22

At 7/13/10 04:14 AM, Sticky wrote: they had a flashback to new years day

*New year's day 2000 as in turn of the millennium.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-13 04:42:40

Doctor Who has never been big on continuity.

In The Waters of Mars, The Doctor refers to this Ice Warriors as an ancient, extinct race, when the episode takes place in the 2050s, when their invasion in The Seeds of Death is set at around the same time, the events of The Ice Warriors in the 34th century, and they are a galactic superpower in the Peladon stories, which take place in the 40th century.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-13 15:20:53

At 7/13/10 04:42 AM, TheMaster wrote: Doctor Who has never been big on continuity.

In The Waters of Mars, The Doctor refers to this Ice Warriors as an ancient, extinct race, when the episode takes place in the 2050s, when their invasion in The Seeds of Death is set at around the same time, the events of The Ice Warriors in the 34th century, and they are a galactic superpower in the Peladon stories, which take place in the 40th century.

Yeah you're right. They usually fill in their plot holes with the words "time travel" though. Just the same way they explain off anything supernatural by saying "science did it".

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-15 10:27:15

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclus ives-New-1020550.aspx

New Torchwood characters announced.

One is a paedophile!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-15 17:29:02

At 7/15/10 10:27 AM, TheMaster wrote: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclus ives-New-1020550.aspx

New Torchwood characters announced.

One is a paedophile!

Davies' doing, surely?

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-15 19:27:39

At 7/15/10 10:27 AM, TheMaster wrote: One is a paedophile!

I lol'd when I read his name. Oswald JONES. Originality like that only comes from RTD. Hence why half of the new series' characters could all be related lol Why doesn't he just name every character john smith?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-16 05:40:01

At 7/15/10 07:27 PM, Sticky wrote:
At 7/15/10 10:27 AM, TheMaster wrote:
One is a paedophile!

Sources indicate that he's also bisexual.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-16 05:44:28

At 7/16/10 05:40 AM, Sidorio wrote:
At 7/15/10 07:27 PM, Sticky wrote:
At 7/15/10 10:27 AM, TheMaster wrote:
One is a paedophile!
Sources indicate that he's also bisexual.

then him and jack will have a fun time.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-16 08:09:13

At 7/15/10 05:29 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Davies' doing, surely?

You know what they say, write what you know.

Also I just caught that Torchwood 4 being "missing" is a Babylon 5 reference.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-16 17:15:13

hi i live in englan i am a massive fan of doctor who i have been since i was a kid just one thing.....
WHY DID TENNANT HAVE TO LEAVE LAST CHRISTMAS?? he ws the best doctor so far
(fukin scary at times) and matt smith will have a hard job to be as good as he was!!

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-16 18:47:28

At 7/16/10 05:15 PM, dragonsflare wrote: hi i live in englan i am a massive fan of doctor who i have been since i was a kid just one thing.....
(fukin scary at times) and matt smith will have a hard job to be as good as he was!!

I personally disagree, but then, my all time favorite Doctor is Jon Pertwee.

Anyone have any idea when the OST for Series 5 is going to be released? I think it's Murray Gold's best work on the show's score so far; it's actually starting to compliment the action and emotion on the screen instead of overpowering it like his scores for the last five years have. The new eight-bar addition to the theme song has really grown on me, too.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-16 19:12:27

At 7/16/10 05:15 PM, dragonsflare wrote: hi i live in englan i am a massive fan of doctor who i have been since i was a kid just one thing.....

Tennant was pretty shit on the show. Fair play to the man, it was more the writers fault than it was his, but he's not even nearly the best Doctor, and certainly not the scariest (some of Robert Holmes stuff for Tom Baker is closer to classic horror films than it is to most of Doctor Who).

Matt Smith has already proven himself to be the better Doctor. The writing has definitely improved (for the most part), and Smith's Doctor himself stands out more than Tennant's did. Tennant alternated between trying to channel Tom Baker and being insufferably "quirky", while Smith feels a lot more unique.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-16 20:43:28

At 7/16/10 06:47 PM, TheAmateurAnimator wrote: Anyone have any idea when the OST for Series 5 is going to be released?

I was just thinking that. I really love that piece they play usually at the end of episodes when everything is wrapping up and they leave in the tardis. Like at the end of the eleventh hour and the big bang.

The other thing I've been waiting ages for is the adventure games to be released out of the uk. I mean god they aren't even gonna be that good I know but I still want to play them. They've been saying on the website they'll be released early july. Well we're half way through july now!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-17 08:07:29

At 7/16/10 08:43 PM, Sticky wrote: The other thing I've been waiting ages for is the adventure games to be released out of the uk. I mean god they aren't even gonna be that good I know but I still want to play them. They've been saying on the website they'll be released early july. Well we're half way through july now!

They're shit. I didn't even play all the way through the Cyberman one.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-18 04:35:09

holy shit a ALLIANCE between Cybermen Daleks Sonatrans Judan holy fuck! dude they all got together tp fuck over the Doctor may I be the first one to say when he gets out if that box HE IS GOING TO BE PISSED and if he is anything like the seventh and tenth doctor thats a bad thing.

you only get one chance and your FUCKED.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-18 05:38:45

At 7/18/10 04:35 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: holy shit a ALLIANCE between Cybermen Daleks Sonatrans Judan holy fuck! dude they all got together tp fuck over the Doctor may I be the first one to say when he gets out if that box HE IS GOING TO BE PISSED

lol bit late aren't you? I don't think the doctor could've held too much of a grudge against them. I mean their actions were almost noble this time around. All of them were simply trying to protect the universe. It isn't their fault they were all tricked.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-19 03:27:22

if he is anything like the seventh and tenth doctor there would be retribution because you don't put the people he likes in danger.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-19 06:45:42

Frazer Hines (Jamie) has had cancer for 11 years.

Kept it secret, but having now recovered from it, has went public.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-22 13:52:06

Revisitations box set extras announced. In addition to better quality versions of the previous released Talons of Weng-Chiang, Caves of Androzani and The Movie, it will have:

The Talons of Weng-Chiang
* The Last Hurrah a new documentary where producer Philip Hinchliffe visits Tom Baker at his home to discuss their final story together
* Moving On where Hinchliffe talks about what he envisaged for the series had he stayed as producer
* The Foe from the Future, a look at the original story which eventually became The Talons of Weng Chiang
* Now and Then, a tour of the locations used in the story
* Look East with Tom Baker interviewed.
* Whose Doctor Who, presented by Melvyn Bragg - As included on the original release

The Caves of Androzani
* Chain Reaction, a look back at the making of the story
* Directing Who: Then and Now - Graham Harper talks about the changes in TV Production since he made this story
* Archive footage from The Russell Harty Show featuring an interview with Peter Davison and Colin Baker.

The Television Movie
* An new commentary featuring Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann
* The Seven Year Hitch, looking at the seven year quest to get this story made
* The Wilderness Years, looking at how the show was kept alive during the hiatus between the end of Series 26 and the TV Movie
* Who Peter 1989-2009, the final part of the documentary looking at the special link between the two programmes Doctor Who and Blue Peter
* Stripped for Action, the eighth Doctor in Comic Strip
* Tomorrows Times, how the short reign of the Eighth Doctor was reported by the press at the time.

Bit disappointed there's only the one new commentary.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-24 05:36:50

Adventure games finally released for people outside the uk. I played the first two. Pretty terrible lol They lag like a bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-26 19:35:37

Lol what the hell? I just finished season 20. I mean did they just give up on making good companions when peter davison took over? First he had Adric who was just shit in every way.
Then there's Tegan who complains about going home all the time, until she actually gets home and then she bitches about how she wants to stay in the tardis.
Then when Adric got killed off for failing at life they replaced him with Turlough who as far as I can see is exactly the same character only with a mysterious history. Turlough even has the same "NO! NO!! NOOOOOO!!!" lines that Adric used to have. God they're so bad I can't help laughing my ass off every time they come up. hahaha
And now there's kamelion. The robot that looks like it has downs syndrome and randomly moves an arm every now and then to show that it isn't in sleep mode.
Nyssa is probably the only companion I've liked. If only because she was one of the classic, attractive female assistants the doctor always has to travel with. THAT, and she didn't ever bitch about anything like everyone else seems to do 24/7.

That's my rant for today. Not many seasons to go now before I'll have seen every episode of doctor who ever :D

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-26 20:13:28

Listened to a few more audios. I'm absolutely loving them. I wouldn't recommend them over the show or anything (except in Colin Baker's case, because his audios are absolutely perfect, while his TV serials are awful), but if you just want MORE Doctor Who, like I did, you couldn't ask for more.

Reviews of the last few I listened to:

The Genocide Machine -

The 7th Doctor and Ace travel to a giant space library to return an overdue book (no, really, that's the plot). At the same time, an expedition to the planet the library is on (it's hidden to non-time sensitive, so they don't know it's there) is massacred by a Dalek hiding within one of the planet's ruins. Turns out the library houses all knowledge in the universe in a special machine, and the Daleks want it for themselves. Cue standard Dalek stuff. Doesn't work as well in audio as on screen, but it's still perfectly decent. Ace is always welcome.

7/10.

Red Dawn -

5th Doctor and Peri arrive on Mars at the same time an expedition from Earth does to investigate an anomaly on the surface. Turns out to be the tomb of a great Ice Warrior leader, and his guards are brought out of stasis due to it being disturbed.

These are noble, honourable Curse of Peladon style Ice Warriors, while one of the humans takes on the role of villain. It's full of Ice Warrior mythology, and details why they originally left Mars and such. Peri is much less irritating than on the show, which is also a bonus.

8/10

The Spectre of Lanyon Moor -

The 6th Doctor and Evelyn arrive in Cornwall, where an archaeological team is investigating the area surrounding an ancient burial mound. Among them is Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, working unofficially for UNIT, keeping an eye on things because of reports of hauntings and the like. Naturally, these turn out to be caused by aliens, and the Brigadier is a magnificent bastard and saves the world. Evelyn is great, as is the 6th Doctor. If you want to try out the audios, I'd DEFINITELY recommend a 6th + Evelyn one. They're the best of them.

9/10.

Winter for the Adept -

Nyssa is teleported to the Alps after an experiment in the TARDIS goes wrong. Found by a policeman, whe is taken to shelter in an all-girls school in the mountains, which has been snowed in, preventing the two remaining students, their devoutly religious teacher, and her French assisstant from leaving. Turns out the school has a reputation for being haunted, and after the Doctor finally tracks down Nyssa, they set about trying to figure out what is really going on. The story quickly descends from a decent haunting/psychic powers story into an over the top alien invasion thing, which was entirely unnecessary, and is resolved about 10 minutes after it is introduced.

Peter Jurasik who played Londo in Babylon 5 is in it, too.

7/10

At 7/26/10 07:35 PM, Sticky wrote: Lol what the hell? I just finished season 20. I mean did they just give up on making good companions when peter davison took over?

Basically, yeah. You're in for a rough spot until Ace takes over

First he had Adric who was just shit in every way.

Worst companion by far.

Then there's Tegan who complains about going home all the time, until she actually gets home and then she bitches about how she wants to stay in the tardis.

I don't mind Tegan. Not bad, not great. Just wait until they replace her with Peri. She's infinitely worse.

Then when Adric got killed off for failing at life they replaced him with Turlough who as far as I can see is exactly the same character only with a mysterious history. Turlough even has the same "NO! NO!! NOOOOOO!!!" lines that Adric used to have. God they're so bad I can't help laughing my ass off every time they come up. hahaha

Turlough isn't good, but he's hardly as bad as Adric. I do like that he's supposed to be a schoolboy, though, when he's clearly in his mid 20s.

And now there's kamelion. The robot that looks like it has downs syndrome and randomly moves an arm every now and then to show that it isn't in sleep mode.

Kamelion is shit because no one knew how to actually use it. It was a real robot, with a ridiculously complicated control system, and the guy who built it died after it's first serial, without writing down how it worked.

Nyssa is probably the only companion I've liked. If only because she was one of the classic, attractive female assistants the doctor always has to travel with. THAT, and she didn't ever bitch about anything like everyone else seems to do 24/7.

I really like Nyssa. A lot of the 5th Doctor audios are just him and Nyssa, and that works really, really well. Shame it never happened in the series.

That's my rant for today. Not many seasons to go now before I'll have seen every episode of doctor who ever :D

How long you been at it now? Took me 3 or 4 years. Probably closer to 4.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-27 00:27:22

At 7/26/10 08:13 PM, TheMaster wrote: Basically, yeah. You're in for a rough spot until Ace takes over

fuck

Turlough isn't good, but he's hardly as bad as Adric. I do like that he's supposed to be a schoolboy, though, when he's clearly in his mid 20s.

He's not as bad but his character is so similar to adric's. I mean he's young (supposedly), whiney and half working against the doctor (black gaurdian trilogy). Plus he has that future space travel knowledge that adric had which sort of puts him on par with the doctor's intelligence which NEVER works. I just see a lot of similarities in them.

Kamelion is shit because no one knew how to actually use it. It was a real robot, with a ridiculously complicated control system, and the guy who built it died after it's first serial, without writing down how it worked.

Did he die after the first serial or before it? Because I just watched the king's demons and that robot was fucked.

I really like Nyssa. A lot of the 5th Doctor audios are just him and Nyssa, and that works really, really well. Shame it never happened in the series.

The fifth doctor should have only traveled with one companion like his predecessors. Why did they start cramming so many people into the tardis? I sometimes feel like the doctor would have entire tribes of people living in the back alleys of his ship that he will never know about. Like people just wander in, get lost and have to live out the rest of their lives walking around in spacial loops haha.

How long you been at it now? Took me 3 or 4 years. Probably closer to 4.

Yeah something like that. I would have started maybe in the second season of the revived series' so 2006? It's just the rate at which I can download episodes that holds me up. Cause I get them all using ED2K links and they go really slow. But I find they work better where torrents tend to die when an episode becomes unpopular.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-27 15:04:45

Is this true? Dr Who related Simpsons episode?

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-30 05:34:16

I don't know when the doctor who prom was on but I wish someone had told me. All the songs are on youtube now. It's great to be able to hear series 5's awesome music finally :D

Couple of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I80pc9jZ_
t8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjwkm-EU_
30&feature=related

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2010-07-30 09:45:41

At 7/30/10 05:34 AM, Sticky wrote: I don't know when the doctor who prom was on but I wish someone had told me. All the songs are on youtube now. It's great to be able to hear series 5's awesome music finally :D

Series 5 has had by FAR the best soundtrack of the revival.

BBS Signature