00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newground's Department of defense.

577,771 Views | 12,412 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 05:56:57

At 7/8/06 05:54 AM, X-Naut wrote: Flash please. :)

Because of your high qualifications I would like to ask Wylo to let you skip the Private process. Like ReconRebel... You will probably recieve your rank soon, then I'll add you to the list.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 07:37:22

At 7/8/06 05:54 AM, X-Naut wrote:
At 7/8/06 05:52 AM, Ghost_Phantom wrote:
At 7/8/06 05:50 AM, X-Naut wrote: I want to join,what qualifications do i meet?
Flash and BBS. both quite well. You can join either deparment, which do you prefer?
Flash please. :)

In other news, I love your flash.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 08:29:57

At 7/8/06 07:37 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 7/8/06 05:54 AM, X-Naut wrote:
At 7/8/06 05:52 AM, Ghost_Phantom wrote:
At 7/8/06 05:50 AM, X-Naut wrote: I want to join,what qualifications do i meet?
Flash and BBS. both quite well. You can join either deparment, which do you prefer?
Flash please. :)
In other news, I love your flash.

yeah, its all pretty good. not the best ive seen, but pretty damn good

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 08:51:14

At 7/8/06 04:00 AM, Gregosan wrote: Thanks. Can't blame me mate...medical school is tough and the workload is killing me.

Ouch...what classes are you taking now?

At 7/7/06 08:58 PM, ReconRebel wrote: Hey! What's wrong with the real army MrDeadly?

They kill people. They send American soldiers to there death every day, and kill innocent foreigners every day. As well as some not so innocent, but those "terrorists" over there are fighting for the same reason so many wars are fought. RELIGION. But since they have a different religion (and just HAPPEN to have a shitload of oil, just a coincidence) we have to go out and kill them.

But the army isn't all to blame. A lot of it rests on the current administration's shoulders.

Sounds fun to me. Just remember that a sunburn is considered a self-inflicted wound. Those UV rays will getcha if you don't take the proper precautions.

Naw. i was born in Miami, i am immune to the UV rays there. But i did go to wet and wild yesterday, and now i really am sun burned....

Oh Snype, you're such a fag.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 11:58:14

At 7/8/06 08:51 AM, MrDeadly wrote:
At 7/8/06 04:00 AM, Gregosan wrote: Thanks. Can't blame me mate...medical school is tough and the workload is killing me.

I'm currently a first year medical student, ie studying Medicine. 5 year course and 1 year internship.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 13:33:16

Okay, i fucking hat ebeing un-active. If someone could feal me in on what i need to know about ranks and such. Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 13:56:59

Okay. Since some users can't seem to find the member list, here is the link . Just click the member list link and you'll find the member list. Sorry if this was posted before but I can't seem to find it.

Charlie: I'm about to show you the white-hot cream of an 8th grade boy.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 14:02:59

Also, what are the ranks from worst to best? Like private is the worst, then corporal or something like that?

Charlie: I'm about to show you the white-hot cream of an 8th grade boy.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 15:07:41

At 7/8/06 02:02 PM, homer8722 wrote: Also, what are the ranks from worst to best? Like private is the worst, then corporal or something like that?

Ranks go by the actual ranks of the Department of defense, first are indeed the army ranks which you can find in the NG B/P ranks, then are the more political roles, as Chief of Staff and Secretary. For a list of enlisted members of the army look here and for an Officer list look here. The only "Rank" not mentioned is the role of Secretary (Chief Of Staff is include as equal to General but is actually one notch higher).

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 15:16:01

do you have to be a very high level to join?

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 15:26:39

At 7/8/06 03:16 PM, southpark2117 wrote: do you have to be a very high level to join?

Each deparment has its own conditions, sadly, I do not think you qualify for any of them. Read the first post, choose your deparment, and work to fit their conditions.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 15:57:18

I am one of the oldest members....

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 16:01:02

Anyway I read the thread's first post...

Activities

The NGDD will have many competitions, b/p, Flash, audio, review, random quizzes, etc. When you participate in a competition, you will earn a certain amount of points depending on your performance in the competition. These points will be able to be redeemed for Newgrounds merchandise or a promotion with in the club. Other ways to earn points is to do various things for the NGDD, such as running a competition

I want that limited edition NG T Shirt (Organic) Large size, but I live outside the US.

Anyway I'm going to buy some stickers...I think the shipping takes months for Wade to complete everything. So I think I'll order them after my vacation next month so I'll be back in my college hostel.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 16:04:03

At 7/8/06 03:57 PM, The_Cobra_Commander wrote: I am one of the oldest members....

Sure you are, now get out. Lying annoys me very much, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 16:27:36

At 7/8/06 04:04 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote:
At 7/8/06 03:57 PM, The_Cobra_Commander wrote: I am one of the oldest members....
Sure you are, now get out. Lying annoys me very much, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

damn, dont be so hard on him. okay, he lied a little, but it was just for some e-cred or e-rep. isnt that why we all post, for e-cred or e-rep?

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 16:32:06

At 7/8/06 04:27 PM, thething69 wrote: damn, dont be so hard on him. okay, he lied a little, but it was just for some e-cred or e-rep. isnt that why we all post, for e-cred or e-rep?

I’m tough but I’m fair. I am a man of principals, when I make a decision I stick to it. And I absolutely despise liars. That’s the last thing I am about to tolerate, and for the record, no. Not all of us post for the sake of e-rep, some us actually find some pleasure and fun in these communities and are not looking for liars to spoil the fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 17:26:14

At 7/8/06 04:32 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote:
At 7/8/06 04:27 PM, thething69 wrote: damn, dont be so hard on him. okay, he lied a little, but it was just for some e-cred or e-rep. isnt that why we all post, for e-cred or e-rep?
I’m tough but I’m fair. I am a man of principals, when I make a decision I stick to it. And I absolutely despise liars. That’s the last thing I am about to tolerate, and for the record, no. Not all of us post for the sake of e-rep, some us actually find some pleasure and fun in these communities and are not looking for liars to spoil the fun.

im not saying that people should lie, spam, or just be a bitch. im not saying that all people should post for is e-cred or e-rep. im saying that he was just trying to be funny and get some e-cred. no need to kick him out. i know liars are bad people, but because they tell a meaningless lie taht doesnt hurt anyone, doesnt mean they should get kicked out of the whole club

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 17:33:25

At 7/8/06 05:26 PM, thething69 wrote: im not saying that people should lie, spam, or just be a bitch. im not saying that all people should post for is e-cred or e-rep. im saying that he was just trying to be funny and get some e-cred. no need to kick him out. i know liars are bad people, but because they tell a meaningless lie taht doesnt hurt anyone, doesnt mean they should get kicked out of the whole club

By the looks of it he doesn't even care, which is actually more similar to spam, if he ever comes back and is actually the least bit intrested in joining, then fine, but now he seems to think he will actually outsmart any one, when in fact my dog would outsmart him.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 18:40:33

At 7/8/06 05:33 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote:
By the looks of it he doesn't even care, which is actually more similar to spam, if he ever comes back and is actually the least bit intrested in joining, then fine, but now he seems to think he will actually outsmart any one, when in fact my dog would outsmart him.

ive seen him before here, so i thought he was a member. apparently im wrong.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 18:58:36

At 7/8/06 06:40 PM, thething69 wrote: ive seen him before here, so i thought he was a member. apparently im wrong.

Don't you think it's odd that he never posted he before then? I despise dis-honesty more than anything else.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 22:22:44

At 7/8/06 03:50 AM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: But the submitting is users are very high level ( they kick my ass like there is no tomorrow ) and the first couple were mass voted in, then greedy users thought it will always happen, so they give it a 2 just to get the point, by now I’m sure it’s not mass voting but rather NG users greed.

Indeed I just vote 2 nowadays. The only way that they won't stay in the portal now is if an admin takes notice and decides to do something aboot it.

Been there, done that. I suggest the oh so scary “BOO” gif you did last time, please…?

Now to think of how to spruce it up....

I hear you. I'm going to do the MCAT in August. I don't even know if I'll be prepared enough. I hate writing essays. :S

What should I write down? Corporal as usual, or did you have something else in mind?

Yea, Corporal. I guess I should write that into the rules that after Private you get automatically promoted to Corporal.

At 7/8/06 05:56 AM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: Because of your high qualifications I would like to ask Wylo to let you skip the Private process. Like ReconRebel... You will probably recieve your rank soon, then I'll add you to the list.

Yea, he can skip due to his X-Nautness. Ghost, you are in that department and the "Chief of Staff" so you can choose a rank for him.

At 7/8/06 04:01 PM, Gregosan wrote: I want that limited edition NG T Shirt (Organic) Large size, but I live outside the US.

Your profile says Seattle?

Anyway I'm going to buy some stickers...I think the shipping takes months for Wade to complete everything. So I think I'll order them after my vacation next month so I'll be back in my college hostel.

I'm thinking of buying some then when people win stickers from the club, I can send them instead of bothering Wade every time and making people wait months. I just have to find some financial security first.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 22:31:33

At 7/8/06 10:22 PM, Wylo wrote: Yea, Corporal. I guess I should write that into the rules that after Private you get automatically promoted to Corporal.

No problem here.

Yea, he can skip due to his X-Nautness. Ghost, you are in that department and the "Chief of Staff" so you can choose a rank for him.

I chose him as Colonel, due to awesomeness, but to go further, he will still have to budge along and earn it, like almost everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 22:56:49

At 7/8/06 08:51 AM, MrDeadly wrote:

At 7/7/06 08:58 PM, ReconRebel wrote: Hey! What's wrong with the real army MrDeadly?
They kill people.

So do civilians. How about serial killers, assassins, drug dealers, drunk drivers, the illegal organ trade, etc. The big difference is soldiers don't normally prey on each other.

But the army isn't all to blame. A lot of it rests on the current administration's shoulders.

Most of it rests on the current administration's shoulders.

Those UV rays will getcha if you don't take the proper precautions.
Naw. i was born in Miami, i am immune to the UV rays there. But i did go to wet and wild yesterday, and now i really am sun burned....

Glad to see you're still immune bud. 0_o

I still remember what the sergeant said to us when he was explaining basic principles of the army. "My idea of discipline is to inflict it on someone else."

Newground's Department of defense.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 22:58:09

Rushed post. This should've been added.

At 7/8/06 12:38 AM, Wylo wrote:
Oh I don't know.... Maybe thinking all the time that you'll die from friendly fire or you'll kill a friendly.

That's why teamwork is essential Wylo. It gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

I am currently blistering and peeling on my arms and legs from a sunburn I got 2 weeks ago.

That happened to me one summer when I went clam digging. I wasn't wearing a shirt and my back was so badly burnt that it bistered and scabbed over during the healing process. Heh, I didn't want anyone walking within 10 feet of me for the first couple of days.

It'll prolly take another 2 weeks before I'm completely peeled. It snows when I stand up =).

I had a girlfriend who liked to peel skin. That's almost as weird as wanting to pop zits.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-08 23:14:52

At 7/8/06 10:58 PM, ReconRebel wrote: I had a girlfriend who liked to peel skin. That's almost as weird as wanting to pop zits.

Now that depends. Was it her own skin or some one else's. Because that would be wierder.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-09 01:03:01

At 7/8/06 10:22 PM, Wylo wrote:
At 7/8/06 04:01 PM, Gregosan wrote: I want that limited edition NG T Shirt (Organic) Large size, but I live outside the US.
Your profile says Seattle?

You actually believed that my profile is real?

Anyway I'm currently studying in India. So yeah I want a T shirt.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-09 01:06:13

Weekly report in separate post.

At 7/8/06 10:56 PM, ReconRebel wrote: So do civilians. How about serial killers, assassins, drug dealers, drunk drivers, the illegal organ trade, etc. The big difference is soldiers don't normally prey on each other.

Those people are just fucking nuts. In the military, someone says "Go run out in that line of fire and die" or "Should that kid in the head".

OIL! MUST HAVE OIL!! dumb shits...

Glad to see you're still immune bud. 0_o

The UV rays are different in Miami and then up here....=P

I post here for fun. When i'm not sleepy, and it's too late to do things with friends, I either come here or go to Aetolia. Usually both at the same time. Better than watching tv.

At 7/8/06 11:58 AM, Gregosan wrote: I'm currently a first year medical student, ie studying Medicine. 5 year course and 1 year internship.

Thats pretty cool. My father teaches anatomy at a medical school, so i hang out with med students a lot. What do you plan to be/do? a regular doctor or what?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-09 01:28:41

At 7/9/06 01:06 AM, MrDeadly wrote:
At 7/8/06 10:56 PM, ReconRebel wrote: How about serial killers, assassins, drug dealers, drunk drivers, the illegal organ trade, etc.
Those people are just fucking nuts. In the military, someone says "Go run out in that line of fire and die" or "Should that kid in the head".

You can't give out orders like that and expect others to follow them without strict discipline. I'll be the first to admit the military is a subtle form of brainwashing but I think you're missing the bigger picture.

OIL! MUST HAVE OIL!! dumb shits...

Funny, we've got plenty of it up here. One of the 5 largest deposits on the planet. Our coal and natural gas isn't too shabby either. Maybe it's got something to do with getting screwed on that softwood lumber deal (lol).

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-09 01:36:06

At 7/9/06 01:28 AM, ReconRebel wrote: You can't give out orders like that and expect others to follow them without strict discipline. I'll be the first to admit the military is a subtle form of brainwashing but I think you're missing the bigger picture.

They do it subtle ways, like you said. "Run across that street to the opposite alleyway" The officer or whatever knows that kid is gonna die.

Paint me the bigger picture than, please :)

Funny, we've got plenty of it up here. One of the 5 largest deposits on the planet. Our coal and natural gas isn't too shabby either. Maybe it's got something to do with getting screwed on that softwood lumber deal (lol).

I cant wait to move up to Canada...and get out of this country. I hate it here so much man. 3 more years man...

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-07-09 01:54:16

At 7/8/06 10:31 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote:
I chose him as Colonel, due to awesomeness, but to go further, he will still have to budge along and earn it, like almost everybody else.

Cool cool now how would that be to rank up more?

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature