00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HuntressCody just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

299,872 Views | 6,215 Replies

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-15 13:00:47

I have a question, It looks like after few weeks i won't be able to access the net for about a week, can i ask for this week to pass by me or do i have to take part in it and lose some percentage?

SHOCKING NEWS... Unknown2dark has been infected by the "It's over 9000" virus

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-15 14:22:21

At 1/14/08 06:51 PM, milinko959 wrote: I'm alright guys. I had a VERY busy weekend and when I got home I really didn't feel like doing the update on Sunday. Anyway, this update had a whole lot of audio!

Audio Requests are always great. I am on the top list for audio reviews, so those "extra reviews" are always nice to secure my stay there ^^.

Flash Requests:
Audio Requests:

Wow, a total of 24 requests (including the spotlight submission)! Good thing that I already did the reviews for Cyberdevil's audio :D .

Points/Completion Rate/Weekly Completion/User
4. 717 | 111/447 | 24.83% | 0/17 | Bezman
5. 650 | 85/85 | 100.00% | 17/17 | Little-Rena
6. 500 | 67/67 | 100.00% | 17/17 | Haggard

No change here this week. But we can rack up a whooping 190 points this week. This brings me very close to Bezman (if he stays inactive).

Reviews this week: 175
Average per member: 7.6
Average per movie: 10.3

Wow, 10 reviews per movie is awesome! And a high average per member, too.

Leaving the List
JaconWes

Bye bye.

All Requests Completed
milinko959, Coop83, Little-Rena, Haggard, NintendoMadness, Shanus, Cyberdevil, Unknown2dark

Whoo, the party still goes on!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-15 16:00:58

2/17 ain't bad.

P

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-15 17:43:48

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-16 01:59:04

can sum1 pleez review this game pogger

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-16 07:16:43

At 1/15/08 08:42 AM, Jurian wrote: Ain't that supercool??
I'm on the superlist:D

Woo, super, congrats! :)

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-16 14:25:46

So guys, I did a collabed remastering on my song Green, Piano
New version
It sounds way better I think so that;s a request for the next week.

NG Radio - A superb podcast with good songs from the NG Audio Portal

Get Respect from me=)

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-16 15:22:40

At 1/16/08 02:25 PM, Jurian wrote: It sounds way better I think so that;s a request for the next week.

So I heard/was told/noticed. Great. :)

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-16 16:46:08

Good work, Milinko, on keeping this place going. I like the new stats you have regularly.

The average reviews/request and reviews/member are really impressive, so good work everyone!

Great to see many new faces and I hope it stays like this. How did you all find out about the club?

After half-leaving NG for a while I'm gonna start enjoying the Flashes and writing reviews again. I may not do all the requests this week, but I'm coming back.

Sorry Haggard. ;-p

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-16 17:11:08

At 1/4/08 02:07 PM, Unknown2dark wrote: Oh ok, I'll try to be better next time in reviews (dunno how, but i will try)

Though you have already gotten an answer - both from yourself and fellow members - I felt like chipping in.

Disclaimer - I'm not claiming my reviews are perfect by any means, just that I have a little bit of experience in reviewing, being reviewed and have knowledge of what I found useful and when others PMd me to thank me for a review they found useful.

Anyway - my tip is this - don't try for brilliant BREADTH - just a bit more DEPTH.

Whilst skimming the surface of every possible aspect may be of some use to someone deciding whether or not to watch/play a flash, reviews are hardly ever read for that purpose.

I'd recommend you pick one thing you enjoyed, one thing you disliked, then try to explain your reasoning clearly. By explaining your thoughts more clearly, the author will at least understand your opinion a little better, and know what to change if they feel you're part of their target audience. Also, by doing this you might find yourself able to appreciate things in a little more depth, as you ask yourself WHY did the graphics have an overall negative vibe? WHAT SPECIFICALLY let it down etc. etc. What steps could have been taken to solve the problem?

If you go for breadth, trying to cover every aspect, I find you're generally just wasting time.

One criticism, one piece of praise and a summary is, I find, a good guideline for a standard review.

Of course, different things work for different folk but that's what I find most effective.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-16 17:38:36

Alright so all of my requests for this week have been completed, and all of them have the "\Review Request Club/" on the bottom! My first perfect week so I'm pretty stoked. So I guess my total points are 180 for audio and flash. Add on 7 for all requests completed, and then I guess another 3 for posting here.

Total Points This Week: 190

w00t!

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-17 02:39:39

I need to get working on this weeks, so lazy recently :c

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-17 10:59:09

At 1/17/08 02:39 AM, Little-Rena wrote: I need to get working on this weeks, so lazy recently :c

I've done all the flash ones, but I've really got to knuckle down and get the audio up to date. If I do an hour or so tonight, I might just get myself in a position to keep my 100% record going for another week :)

Yes, I am still the active leader in consecutive weeks for 100% completion... unless milinko hasn't missed a week like I think he may have.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-17 11:08:29

At 1/17/08 10:59 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 1/17/08 02:39 AM, Little-Rena wrote: I need to get working on this weeks, so lazy recently :c
I've done all the flash ones, but I've really got to knuckle down and get the audio up to date. If I do an hour or so tonight, I might just get myself in a position to keep my 100% record going for another week :)

I still haven't completed the Flash, nor the Audio requests, because my brother is back from his trip and is using the computer a lot. I also don't like using Newgrounds in front of him, he says that what I do here is pointless. I think it isn't.

And Coop, why have you changed your aura to evil?

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-17 12:34:10

At 1/16/08 04:46 PM, Bezman wrote: Great to see many new faces and I hope it stays like this. How did you all find out about the club?

Coop's link in his sig led me here ;) . Actually a lot earlier before I joined this club. But one day I just thought I should give it a try, so here I am now! ;) .

After half-leaving NG for a while I'm gonna start enjoying the Flashes and writing reviews again. I may not do all the requests this week, but I'm coming back.

Sorry Haggard. ;-p

Ah, dammit!

. :P

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-18 08:48:09

All the flash I have done, haha! Just the audio to go.

So much audio D:

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-18 13:25:30

could i get a review or to for This please?

it never really got the feedback i wanted for all the time i invested into that song :'*(

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-18 14:14:07

At 1/14/08 06:51 PM, milinko959 wrote: Audio Requests:

*phew*

Coop83's Spotlight Submission for the week: Bubble Schmubble by justgreat

Awww, crap. Just my luck to have one requested, I've already revewied.

7. 430 | 58/59 | 98.31% | 17/17 | NintendoMadness

In the top 10 without even realising.

Requests this week: 17
Reviews this week: 175
Average per member: 7.6
Average per movie: 10.3

All great stuff!

All Requests Completed
milinko959, Coop83, Little-Rena, Haggard, NintendoMadness, Shanus, Cyberdevil, Unknown2dark

I'm seeing lots regulars now. ^_^
-----------------------------

All stuff reveiwed, one post made, all reveiws with "= Reveiw Request Club ="
So that should be max points.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-18 15:04:16

At 1/17/08 11:08 AM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 1/17/08 10:59 AM, Coop83 wrote: I've done all the flash ones, but I've really got to knuckle down and get the audio up to date. If I do an hour or so tonight, I might just get myself in a position to keep my 100% record going for another week :)
I still haven't completed the Flash, nor the Audio requests, because my brother is back from his trip and is using the computer a lot. I also don't like using Newgrounds in front of him, he says that what I do here is pointless. I think it isn't.

Who gives a fuck what your brother thinks about it? I used to have less points in most cases than my little brother, but he kind of drifted away from the site and I stayed, to eclipse him in all categories. His loss.

What does your brother do with the computer? Play World of Warcraft? Wow, there's less achievement in that, and you're more out of pocket at the end of the month, to boot! WEverything has it's pros and cons.

Signifies me warming up after the Xmas cooldown :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-18 15:07:53

My list of requests for this week:D

Green, Piano(remastered) I know i already asked but this is my definite list so...
Acid JazzleFunk
Unique

Thanks

Get Respect from me=)

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-18 17:46:25

At 1/17/08 11:08 AM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 1/17/08 10:59 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Who gives a fuck what your brother thinks about it? I used to have less points in most cases than my little brother, but he kind of drifted away from the site and I stayed, to eclipse him in all

categories. His loss.
I don't really care about him either, but he can be a pain in the ass from anything that I dissagree or agree with him. If I like red and he liked red too, he says I'm a copycat. Then he starts bothering me and I ignore him. When I ignore him, he kicks me. But he stopped doing it since the day I started kicking him back.

I felt good the day I did it.

What does your brother do with the computer? Play World of Warcraft? Wow, there's less achievement in that, and you're more out of pocket at the end of the month, to boot! WEverything has it's pros and cons.

I don't really know what he does, he just looks at the news for half an hour.

Despite from what I said here, he's a nice guy. Sometimes.

Signifies me warming up after the Xmas cooldown :P

Was the light aura because of the winter layout?

On other news, I'm almost done with the Flash requests for this week, I only need to review one more. As for the audio requests, I need to review those 9 requests by CyberDevil. Damn him, I'll have to dedicate this night for doing them all, I think.

Well, I'll start reviewing things in front of my brother to see how mad will he get. I'm sure it'll be fun. =D.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-19 07:51:39

At 1/16/08 04:46 PM, Bezman wrote: After half-leaving NG for a while I'm gonna start enjoying the Flashes and writing reviews again. I may not do all the requests this week, but I'm coming back.

Sorry Haggard. ;-p

Ahh, that is good news. If the list got much bigger in the next few weeks, you would have been the ones to go. Good thing you decided to come back then :)

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-19 13:58:01

Oh gosh, finally done all the audio, that took so long, lol :c

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-19 14:22:00

For your help, I've did the calculations:-

Unknown2dark

(5 * 6 = 30) Reviewing all Flash Submissions
(7 * 18 = 126) Reviewing all Audio Submissions
(1 * 24 = 24) Adding {Review Request Club} below each
(3 + 7 = 10) Reviewing at least once and Reviewing all
--------------
190 points gets added to my score

368 | 48/48 | 100.00% | 24/24 | Unknown2dark

--------------
Am I in the top 10 now? (I guess i will have to wait till the beginning of the new week :O)

SHOCKING NEWS... Unknown2dark has been infected by the "It's over 9000" virus

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-19 16:14:44

I decided to jump on the bandwagon and made this: Bahamut's Newgrounds

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-20 00:57:46

At 1/19/08 04:14 PM, Bahamut wrote: I decided to jump on the bandwagon and made this: Bahamut's Newgrounds

Done

48 points ATM I think.

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-20 07:46:45

At 1/19/08 01:58 PM, Little-Rena wrote: Oh gosh, finally done all the audio, that took so long, lol :c

I know...I had to get a jumpstart yesterday on them. I usually do everything on Sunday, but that would be just too much

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-20 12:55:20

Finally finished reviewing, the audio ones aren't the best I've ever done, totally drained from work, stupid being unreliable. Anyway some really good submissions. Can't wait for this weeks :D

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-20 13:03:20

At 1/20/08 12:55 PM, Shanus wrote: Can't wait for this weeks :D

Same. This has been the first time I've been here BEFORE an update.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-01-20 13:15:25

Forgot one of my requests for next week, please check this out too:
Vondelpark High

It's a collab so it's by JCsoul and Jurian:P

Get Respect from me=)

BBS Signature