Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 8th, 2010 @ 05:52 PM Reply

At 3/8/10 03:09 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
Damn you´z. I have to wait until after work before i can play :( And then i'll only have a few hours to play before having to get an early night.

Yeah I got lucky with having a day off actually =P Though saying that even if I was working it wouldn't matter as I work early mornings so I finish usually about 10-11am most mornings which will give me plenty of time anyway.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
EvilJesus
EvilJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 8th, 2010 @ 07:06 PM Reply

I'll be getting that hard earned cash soon hopefully :3
The thing is, due to FFXII I'm not sure whether I want FFXIII, hence why I'm waiting for your verdicts.

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm
Slags and hoes.
Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 8th, 2010 @ 07:42 PM Reply

At 3/8/10 07:06 PM, EvilJesus wrote: I'll be getting that hard earned cash soon hopefully :3
The thing is, due to FFXII I'm not sure whether I want FFXIII, hence why I'm waiting for your verdicts.

It's a biased opinion, but in all honesty I would pick it up immediately. It looks to be vastly superior to FFXII in every way and is sure to be a damn good Rpg game, in the least.

Up to you though, I say get it immediately.

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 9th, 2010 @ 01:32 AM Reply

At 3/8/10 07:06 PM, EvilJesus wrote: I'll be getting that hard earned cash soon hopefully :3

I'll definitely be getting it, but I'm sure I wouldn't be the best judge for your tastes.

I liked FFXII.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 9th, 2010 @ 11:01 AM Reply

At 3/7/10 10:19 PM, EvilJesus wrote: The only reason I didn't preorder FFXIII because I want your views first

I haven't pre-ordered FFXIII either but only because I have other PS3 games that I need to complete. I'm wanting to get that small list of PS3 games to play down first before I even get FFXIII. Right now, I'm wanting to play through FFIX again but the first disc has had it. I've decided to buy another copy of this game and the money is definitely worth it.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

EvilJesus
EvilJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 9th, 2010 @ 12:28 PM Reply

At 3/9/10 11:01 AM, Bahamut wrote: I've decided to buy another copy of this game and the money is definitely worth it.

I've always wanted to play that, how much did you pay for your copy?
I know you can get them off square but they don't do PAL versions which pisses me off.

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm
Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature
HellboundNinja
HellboundNinja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 9th, 2010 @ 12:37 PM Reply

At 3/5/10 06:37 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 3/4/10 02:29 PM, HellboundNinja wrote: FF Tactics was AMAZING.
Without a doubt the best FF not in the main series.

I think Dissidia is totally giving Tactics a run for that title

Crisis Core
Yeah, it was enjoyable, but i honestly prefer the turn based battles when it comes to FF.

I also enjoy the turn based system more as well...not to mention the random lvl sumon limit break did get annoying from time to time

Dissidia is just all around fun and I do hope they bring out a console version with more in depth attacking and FAR more characters then just Lead Hero and Villains.
I still haven't played this :(

This is a Must play game
JUST BROKE 100 HOURS!!!!!!!! of game time and am looking at least another 50 before i stop playing

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 9th, 2010 @ 12:43 PM Reply

At 3/9/10 12:28 PM, EvilJesus wrote: I've always wanted to play that, how much did you pay for your copy?
I know you can get them off square but they don't do PAL versions which pisses me off.

You'll have to pay about £30 for one. Just checked Amazon and thats the price of them used. Mine was new for that price a few years ago.
Or if you have markets and carboot sales (or Gumtree) maybe you could fine a cheap copy from someone who doesn't understand its value ;).

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 9th, 2010 @ 03:30 PM Reply

ZOMG! Just got home and stuck XIII in. Awesome opening scene is awesome. Graphics are beautiful in 1080.
Got the whole collectors edition fashizzle. Comes with a nice hard back art book, some art cards (about the size of a PS3 game box) with characters and summons, 2 stickers of some symbol that's apparently in the game alot, and a music CD.

When i saw the character Sazh (the black dude with an afro) i didn't think i'd like him, but from the start he's made me laugh quite a few times already. I really like the guy. Oh, and he keeps a baby chocobo in his hair XD
´Chocobo, we just can't catch a break can we´.

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 9th, 2010 @ 06:47 PM Reply

Sazh is my favorite character so far. He's the only rational thinking person in the group which makes him feel far more relateable than the other characters. For once too the characters all seem to have severely clashing personalities and there isn't much of a feeling that they all need to stick together, and I can't remember the last time I saw that in a FF game. I'm sure after awhile they'll all go through their big epiphany that they need to stay together and team work solves everything but I'm actually interested in this new angle they're taking right now.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 9th, 2010 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 3/9/10 06:47 PM, 36Holla wrote: For once too the characters all seem to have severely clashing personalities and there isn't much of a feeling that they all need to stick together, and I can't remember the last time I saw that in a FF game. I'm sure after awhile they'll all go through their big epiphany that they need to stay together and team work solves everything but I'm actually interested in this new angle they're taking right now.

I agree completely, it's quite different that they're all quite individual thinkers rather than a tight group right now. I quite like most of the characters so far. Vanille is hawt, but her voice is kinda funny. The only person i'm not too interested in yet is hope; just seems like a big cry baby so far.

How far are you?

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 10th, 2010 @ 12:27 AM Reply

At 3/9/10 03:30 PM, Life-Stream wrote: ZOMG! Just got home and stuck XIII in. Awesome opening scene is awesome. Graphics are beautiful in 1080.
Got the whole collectors edition fashizzle. Comes with a nice hard back art book, some art cards (about the size of a PS3 game box) with characters and summons, 2 stickers of some symbol that's apparently in the game alot, and a music CD.

Snap! I even got the 'limited edition' hardback guide for the game just because.

When i saw the character Sazh (the black dude with an afro) i didn't think i'd like him, but from the start he's made me laugh quite a few times already. I really like the guy. Oh, and he keeps a baby chocobo in his hair XD
´Chocobo, we just can't catch a break can we´.

When I first saw the chocobo I was like "Thank god.. A bit of comic relief". I like serious games but we need jokes, and a cute chocobo flying out of an afro is a nice step towards that.

At 3/9/10 06:47 PM, 36Holla wrote: Sazh is my favorite character so far. He's the only rational thinking person in the group which makes him feel far more relateable than the other characters. For once too the characters all seem to have severely clashing personalities and there isn't much of a feeling that they all need to stick together, and I can't remember the last time I saw that in a FF game. I'm sure after awhile they'll all go through their big epiphany that they need to stay together and team work solves everything but I'm actually interested in this new angle they're taking right now.

Yeah I agree with you completely here. Sazh does seem to be more.. normal then the others who mostly seem to be dripping in angst or in Vanilles case dripping in crazy. All I can think whenever she pops in a cut scene is how she is basically Riku from FFX just with a different hair style/colour and how fucking annoying her voice is. I think the voices are the worst I can recall from recent FF games. With Sazh again seeming to have the only decent one.

At 3/9/10 06:54 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
I agree completely, it's quite different that they're all quite individual thinkers rather than a tight group right now. I quite like most of the characters so far. Vanille is hawt, but her voice is kinda funny. The only person i'm not too interested in yet is hope; just seems like a big cry baby so far.

*spoilers*

Oh come on his mum did just like die :( To be honest I found the aftermath of this event just a little too unbelievable. Sure he might just be a shy kid but not to shout and scream at the guy he THINKS is responsible for it and instead just tags along with him anyway is a little bit far-fetched for me.

How far are you?

I'm on Chapter 3, the Vile Ruins or whatever the place is called. Lightning just ditched the others AGAIN and now Hope has caught her up and intending to join her so he can GET STRONG.

So what does everyone think of the battle system and the Crystarium then?

I actually do enjoy this Paradigms idea. Reminds me of the old Job roles in previous games, so it's nice to switch them around so you can focus on being offensive or defensive. I think in some ways I do miss not controlling the other characters, but it does prove easier I suppose to just let them do what they want to then switch Paradigms whenever things aren't going as well as they could.

As for the Crystarium thing, it reminds me of the FF10 sphere thing - Addictive like that was too. I just can't wait to properly get out in the real world and do some grinding. Avoiding going backwards and forwards now to respawn enemies, don't need to right now I think.

Also isn't the game just pretty?

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 10th, 2010 @ 02:01 AM Reply

At 3/10/10 12:27 AM, Gagsy wrote: Snap! I even got the 'limited edition' hardback guide for the game just because.

I don't usually get guides. Kinda feels like cheating for me :/ They are damn useful for getting special items/weapons though.

When I first saw the chocobo I was like "Thank god.. A bit of comic relief". I like serious games but we need jokes, and a cute chocobo flying out of an afro is a nice step towards that.

Yeah, it's a cute, funny idea and i really like the guy now. ´Hey trenchcoat!' :D

Yeah I agree with you completely here. Sazh does seem to be more.. normal then the others who mostly seem to be dripping in angst or in Vanilles case dripping in crazy. All I can think whenever she pops in a cut scene is how she is basically Riku from FFX just with a different hair style/colour and how fucking annoying her voice is. I think the voices are the worst I can recall from recent FF games. With Sazh again seeming to have the only decent one.

She didn't remind me of Rikku to be honest. But now you mention it, i suppose she does look a bit like her; Tall and slim, short hair, skimpy clothes.

Oh come on his mum did just like die :( To be honest I found the aftermath of this event just a little too unbelievable. Sure he might just be a shy kid but not to shout and scream at the guy he THINKS is responsible for it and instead just tags along with him anyway is a little bit far-fetched for me.

He was watching Snow, he even seen the guy try to save her, but he couldn't. It's not like he killed her. I think he's just been following Vanille so far, and she's just s easy going.

So what does everyone think of the battle system and the Crystarium then?

I like them both. I just killed the Fal'Cie and dropped down onto the Bersh Lake and learnt how to use them both, and just saved it after. But thay both seem pretty good ideas and easy to understand. So far i really like it. Battle system is more traditional than FFXII to be honest.

Also isn't the game just pretty?

Hella pretty! Especially in 1080p :D Cutscenes just stunning and game graphics are amazing too. Costumes and clothing remind me alot of FFX so far.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 10th, 2010 @ 02:23 AM Reply

At 3/10/10 02:01 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
I don't usually get guides. Kinda feels like cheating for me :/ They are damn useful for getting special items/weapons though.

That's all I use it for :) I never use them for playing the storyline through, that IS cheating. It's just near impossible to do all the extra stuff on your own, or know where to do or where the best shit is. I guess that is still cheating too but I just like to get 100%

Yeah, it's a cute, funny idea and i really like the guy now. ´Hey trenchcoat!' :D

Lmao I did chuckle there too. I hope that nickname sticks really. He might end up with a name for them all, seeing as he already has called Lightning "Soldier".

She didn't remind me of Rikku to be honest. But now you mention it, i suppose she does look a bit like her; Tall and slim, short hair, skimpy clothes.

It's more the way they both move. Rikku (I FORGOT IT WAS TWO K'S) was all bouncy and er flexable in how she moved and I can't help but be really reminded of that whenever Vanille is floating about.

He was watching Snow, he even seen the guy try to save her, but he couldn't. It's not like he killed her. I think he's just been following Vanille so far, and she's just s easy going.

Oh I know that but I don't think Hope knows that. It appears he wants to say something to Snow about it.

I like them both. I just killed the Fal'Cie and dropped down onto the Bersh Lake and learnt how to use them both, and just saved it after. But thay both seem pretty good ideas and easy to understand. So far i really like it. Battle system is more traditional than FFXII to be honest.

True. Though I did actually like 12's system. Maybe because it felt quicker to me. Just seemed to save time by not going to a seperate battle screen and easier for evading battles you didn't want.

Hella pretty! Especially in 1080p :D Cutscenes just stunning and game graphics are amazing too. Costumes and clothing remind me alot of FFX so far.

fffffffffff

I got to play on a none HD ready tv atm. It's still great to look at but I always remember that I'm not seeing it's full potential :(

One of my favourite things about a new FF game is looking at the latest clothing designs. Long gone are the days of armour and mage robes. Now it's about putting belts in places that don't require belts and having shirts that are less shirt and more just random material placed to cover up the least amount of skin possible and somehow looking good still.

I love it.

BBS Signature
EvilJesus
EvilJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 10th, 2010 @ 06:08 AM Reply

Getting ma FFXIII tomorrow :3 :3

Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 10th, 2010 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 3/10/10 02:23 AM, Gagsy wrote: Lmao I did chuckle there too. I hope that nickname sticks really. He might end up with a name for them all, seeing as he already has called Lightning "Soldier".

I think he's gonna be like the clown of the group, but a good one.

It's more the way they both move. Rikku (I FORGOT IT WAS TWO K'S) was all bouncy and er flexable in how she moved and I can't help but be really reminded of that whenever Vanille is floating about.

True, they do both kind of......prance rather than walk normally.

Oh I know that but I don't think Hope knows that. It appears he wants to say something to Snow about it.

Yep, but he's kind of quiet. He's only really openly spoke once so far for me, and then he was just blaming people >:( Not in my good books so far, lol. Things might change, i'm only still starting.

True. Though I did actually like 12's system. Maybe because it felt quicker to me. Just seemed to save time by not going to a seperate battle screen and easier for evading battles you didn't want.

Yeah, not changing to battle screens was good, but this feels more....traditional FF really. I like how you can get pre-emptive strikes in XIII :D

I got to play on a none HD ready tv atm. It's still great to look at but I always remember that I'm not seeing it's full potential :(

It's B-E-A-UTIFUL! Especially on 46 inches of Sony screen :D

One of my favourite things about a new FF game is looking at the latest clothing designs. Long gone are the days of armour and mage robes. Now it's about putting belts in places that don't require belts and having shirts that are less shirt and more just random material placed to cover up the least amount of skin possible and somehow looking good still.
I love it.

Yeah, the clothes are really non-practical, but that's what makes it better, lol.
Also, did you notice that the design on the back of Snow's trench coat has changed. Well, i remember at the start he had like a wolf head on the back, and now he's got some red sort of tribal design thing.....wierd.

Right, another XIII session now. Been anxious to get home from work all day to play :D

Jackotrades
Jackotrades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 10th, 2010 @ 03:14 PM Reply

About 10 hours in, I really dont mind the very linear maps too much, though I kinda yearn for some actual shopkeepers or something, oh well..

anyways, apparently the first 25 hours of the game is fairly a straight line, and while I prefer some exploration....it has a good flow going so far, and my god the visuals of the game.....simply marvelous.

Anyways, battle system is pretty tight, and about that little rumor where you cant really overlevel, I find that if you nail every enemy along the way, that alone will get you almost enough to max out before the next tier of the leveling system kicks in.

Essentially, I like the game so far, and I hope it gets better....

Also...summons are fucking sweet.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature
EvilJesus
EvilJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 10th, 2010 @ 04:17 PM Reply

At 3/10/10 03:14 PM, Jackotrades wrote: Also...summons are fucking sweet.

This is what makes a good FF in my eyes, god damn summons, because calling down a dragon to annihilate things is awesome!

Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 10th, 2010 @ 06:16 PM Reply

At 3/9/10 06:54 PM, Life-Stream wrote: How far are you?

Chapter 7 in the town of Palumpolum (Really that's the best name you could come up with guys?) I just learned a bombshell plot twist too that made things a lot more interesting.

Also am I the only one who is barely using the shop at all. I can't find much Gil in the first place, but I was expecting a system where you at least got better weapons and accessories the farther you went on. But all I did was just upgrade the second set of weapons I got for everyone up to level 6 or 7 and they're better than any of the new weapons I find. The shops for weapons and accessories just seems to be pointless when I can do that.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 10th, 2010 @ 06:29 PM Reply

At 3/10/10 06:16 PM, 36Holla wrote: Chapter 7 in the town of Palumpolum (Really that's the best name you could come up with guys?)

Kind of sounds like they were going for a FFIV reference. Any other towns in the game share names with people from previous games?

Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 10th, 2010 @ 06:51 PM Reply

At 3/10/10 04:17 PM, EvilJesus wrote: This is what makes a good FF in my eyes, god damn summons, because calling down a dragon to annihilate things is awesome!

Meh, although it's awesome watching the summon FMV's, by the end of most FF games they are pretty much rendered useless as a normal attack will usually do more damage than the summons (except in the case of something like Kotr).

At 3/10/10 06:16 PM, 36Holla wrote: Chapter 7 in the town of Palumpolum (Really that's the best name you could come up with guys?) I just learned a bombshell plot twist too that made things a lot more interesting.

Damn, i'm still back in chapter 3. But like i said, i can only play 2-3 hours a day what with work.

Also am I the only one who is barely using the shop at all. I can't find much Gil in the first place, but I was expecting a system where you at least got better weapons and accessories the farther you went on. But all I did was just upgrade the second set of weapons I got for everyone up to level 6 or 7 and they're better than any of the new weapons I find. The shops for weapons and accessories just seems to be pointless when I can do that.

So far i haven't spent 1 gil D: Gil is quite hard to come by, but what's even worse is that so far the shops are crap. Everything i can buy i have already found :/

What do you guys think of the music? I think it's pretty good as for merging with current atmosphere of the game, but so far i haven't heard any songs or melodies that just stick in my head or anything.

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 10th, 2010 @ 08:19 PM Reply

At 3/10/10 06:29 PM, Jercurpac wrote:
At 3/10/10 06:16 PM, 36Holla wrote: Chapter 7 in the town of Palumpolum (Really that's the best name you could come up with guys?)
Kind of sounds like they were going for a FFIV reference. Any other towns in the game share names with people from previous games?

Was that someone's name or a combination of two character names from that game? It wouldn't surprise me since they've also referenced previous titles in later games.

Cid X12

BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 10th, 2010 @ 08:30 PM Reply

At 3/10/10 08:19 PM, 36Holla wrote:
At 3/10/10 06:29 PM, Jercurpac wrote:
Was that someone's name or a combination of two character names from that game? It wouldn't surprise me since they've also referenced previous titles in later games.

Cid X12

Yeah, Palom and Porom were the obnoxious twin children from that game. Not exactly the same, but close enough that it doesn't seem like coincidence to me.

Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
EvilJesus
EvilJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 11th, 2010 @ 10:48 AM Reply

Got my FFXIII today and at first, it seems kinda nuts, the battles are pretty damn fast, I'm glad you only have to truly control one character at a time. The characters seem pretty good too, nice mix from the serious to the fun, not even one of them has bugged me that much, although as soon as I heard Vanille's voice... there's something about it.
The crystarium seems pretty sexy too, I have a good feeling about this game.

Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 11th, 2010 @ 10:52 AM Reply

Yeah, it does seem quite good. I'm only near the start of Chapter 3 at the moment.

As for annoying characters, Vanille is bit too much, but I'm not really bother about her as shes decent eye candy. But Hope... god, he's a whiny little shit-bag.

The Crystalarium or whatever its called just seems like sphere-grid that takes longer to navigate.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 11th, 2010 @ 12:01 PM Reply

At 3/10/10 02:56 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
I think he's gonna be like the clown of the group, but a good one.

Shame he's being all serious atm >:C

True, they do both kind of......prance rather than walk normally.

Prance and be off in the clouds most of the time yes =P

Yep, but he's kind of quiet. He's only really openly spoke once so far for me, and then he was just blaming people >:( Not in my good books so far, lol. Things might change, i'm only still starting.

HE NEEDS HOPE.

Yeah, not changing to battle screens was good, but this feels more....traditional FF really. I like how you can get pre-emptive strikes in XIII :D

Lol yeah I've actually retried a few times when I've gone into battles not getting pre-emptive strikes when I should have. I would have had no problem beating the battle but I just like to get them :3

It's B-E-A-UTIFUL! Especially on 46 inches of Sony screen :D

Brb hating you >:C

Yeah, the clothes are really non-practical, but that's what makes it better, lol.
Also, did you notice that the design on the back of Snow's trench coat has changed. Well, i remember at the start he had like a wolf head on the back, and now he's got some red sort of tribal design thing.....wierd.

Now that you mention it, I do remember something like that.. To google!

Right, another XIII session now. Been anxious to get home from work all day to play :D

I'm stuck at work right. Got another 8 hours left :( Be very tempting to play when I get home but it will be 1am then.. Thank god I got tomorrow off I guess. I might make sure I don't lay in too long.

At 3/10/10 06:51 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
What do you guys think of the music? I think it's pretty good as for merging with current atmosphere of the game, but so far i haven't heard any songs or melodies that just stick in my head or anything.

I really do like the music so far, but then I always do.. I really liked the music at the beginning, the place that looked like ice but it was all diamonds. It was adorable and sweet. I'll find out the song title later, but yeah liking it all. Even the battle song isn't repetitive.

At 3/11/10 10:52 AM, Nev wrote: But Hope... god, he's a whiny little shit-bag.

Hope needs to find hope, but he doesn't have any hope to hope for, so what can Hope hope for?

Seriously he's become my favourite character. I feel so sorry for him, and can you really blame him for acting whiny? I'd be a lot fucking worse if I just lost a parent then got dragged into this fight they're all in. He just seems like someone who is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Crystalarium or whatever its called just seems like sphere-grid that takes longer to navigate.

I'm getting very addicted to it.

"JUST ONE MORE FIGHT TILL I CAN GET HP + 20!"

I try to just collect as many points as possible but temptation to use them nearly as soon as I get them always wins.

BBS Signature
EvilJesus
EvilJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 11th, 2010 @ 02:40 PM Reply

Is it me or does Vanille sound like she's constantly fingering herself, I mean shit, she makes like groans sounds more than she talks.

Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 11th, 2010 @ 02:53 PM Reply

At 3/11/10 02:40 PM, EvilJesus wrote: Is it me or does Vanille sound like she's constantly fingering herself, I mean shit, she makes like groans sounds more than she talks.

I haven't noticed it before but I really hope I do next time I play :D.

BBS Signature
EvilJesus
EvilJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 11th, 2010 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 3/11/10 02:53 PM, Nev wrote:
At 3/11/10 02:40 PM, EvilJesus wrote: Is it me or does Vanille sound like she's constantly fingering herself, I mean shit, she makes like groans sounds more than she talks.
I haven't noticed it before but I really hope I do next time I play :D.

Most of her dialogue is her squeaking and razz

Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club Mar. 11th, 2010 @ 06:20 PM Reply

At 3/11/10 12:01 PM, Gagsy wrote: Prance and be off in the clouds most of the time yes =P

But there's always one like that in the group, so it's to be expected. I usually like those characters anyway :3

HE NEEDS HOPE.

He needs an ass kicking >:)

Lol yeah I've actually retried a few times when I've gone into battles not getting pre-emptive strikes when I should have. I would have had no problem beating the battle but I just like to get them :3

Pre-emp battles make things alot easier. Some enemies have really high defence and would take ages to kill if you don't stagger them, so pre-emps speed that up alot.

Brb hating you >:C

:P

Now that you mention it, I do remember something like that.. To google!
I'm stuck at work right. Got another 8 hours left :( Be very tempting to play when I get home but it will be 1am then.. Thank god I got tomorrow off I guess. I might make sure I don't lay in too long.

Damn you and your days off, lol. Well, atleast i got all weekend off.

I really do like the music so far, but then I always do.. I really liked the music at the beginning, the place that looked like ice but it was all diamonds. It was adorable and sweet. I'll find out the song title later, but yeah liking it all. Even the battle song isn't repetitive.

Like i said, i like it so far too, but there's no track yet that has just stuck in my head. It all seems to be calm ambience music so far. Not that that's a bad thing.

Hope needs to find hope, but he doesn't have any hope to hope for, so what can Hope hope for?

I hope Hope looses hope and doesn't get any hope back, cos Hope's a hopeless little kid.....i hope.

Seriously he's become my favourite character. I feel so sorry for him, and can you really blame him for acting whiny? I'd be a lot fucking worse if I just lost a parent then got dragged into this fight they're all in. He just seems like someone who is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Favourite character!? I've had to put up with him a bit more, but he's still my least favourite.

I'm getting very addicted to it.
"JUST ONE MORE FIGHT TILL I CAN GET HP + 20!"
I try to just collect as many points as possible but temptation to use them nearly as soon as I get them always wins.

I like it too, but it's hard to decide to just stick to 1-2 roles for each character or spread it all out.

lol, i noticed her squeels and groans too. To be honest, i kind of like her voice :D She sounds kind of South African or something, but it suits her, and i really like her!
Then there's that Yun Fang. She sounds all Australian like.

So, i only advanced a little bit today. Just started in the white forest place.