Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-13 12:19:28 Reply

Haha, got ninja'd by 30 seconds. Anyway, I see where you're coming from with your thoughts on the soundtrack. I've always seen FFV as one that can easily slip under the radar so I have an easy time understanding your opinions. Still, it's fantastic both gameplay-wise and musically IMO.

PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-13 15:09:42 Reply

At 2/13/11 12:16 PM, Bahamut wrote: I better keep this in mind, especially when I want to beat Omega and Shinryu.

You mean the amount of EXP here is big even after the 50s or so? I didn't know that.
Still, I'm going to look out for more of these nice grinding places.
By the way, I just healed Krile's wind drake, and I must ask: have any of you gotten the summon Golem?

MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-14 06:38:37 Reply

Started a new game of FFVII and I felt like taking the piss out of the character naming thing.

Cloud is now and forever to be referred to now as Lt. Wangst, because for a sSoldier, he bitches and moans a lot.

Barrett is now MarkHenry because... yeah.

and Aeris is referred to now as Vagina and the jobs she does is a "jack of all trades."

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-14 11:37:42 Reply

At 2/13/11 03:09 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote:
At 2/13/11 12:16 PM, Bahamut wrote: I better keep this in mind, especially when I want to beat Omega and Shinryu.
You mean the amount of EXP here is big even after the 50s or so?

No, I just mean I need to be at a very high level in order to beat them and the best grinding method would help me a lot.

By the way, I just healed Krile's wind drake, and I must ask: have any of you gotten the summon Golem?

Yeah, I've obtained it a few times. It's been a long time, though.

At 2/14/11 06:38 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Barrett is now MarkHenry because... yeah.

A typical name for Barrett is Mr. T so I give you credit for some creativity.

PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-14 16:00:53 Reply

SPOILERS SPOILERS

Man, I felt sadder when Galuf died than when Aeris did. Not because I knew she was going to die, I knew Galuf would kick the bucket too, but because Galuf endured a TON of punishment from Meteors, Flares, Holys, Firagas, Thundagas, Blizzagas and various sword slashes and STILL kept fighting with 0 HP, while Aeris just got impaled in the stomach and died in one minute.

But ENOUGH EXPOSITORY BANTER! NOW WE FIGHT LIKE MEN! AND LADIES! AND LADIES WHO DRESS LIKE MEN! FOR GILGAMESH....IT IS MORPHING TIME!

^EPIC LINE^
Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-16 06:13:10 Reply

At 2/9/11 02:49 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: Alrighty, I'm going back to the Steppe to complete missions 5-20 (going to take a while). For some reason, I'm getting CP out of nowhere (stop with the jokes). I got like, 160k in 3:30 hours.

When you're able to unlock the mission in Obera to fight the Neo Ochu AND you have Vanilles death spell do that one. when the fight starts make sure you have vanille as your leader because that's the only way this will work. wait until your characters are buffed with protect, shell, haste and for Vanille: faith. have the marlboro wand equiped for the increased de-buff effect. once all of that is in place go to town on the neo ochu with death. if it doesn't fall in 15-20 minutes then restart the battle. it drops the growth egg which HUGE help if you want to max the crystariums on all the characters.

then do repeated fault warren runs by taking the left, left, right paths and repeat from the beginning which are missions: 35(being the starting point), 36, 38 and ending on 42(borgbear hero). a good run will get you almost 200k in 20 minutes with the growth egg equipped (and depending on how many flowering cactaurs you kill). not to mention the bomb shells and cores are great components to boot. not the best but they give you a decent exp amount.

after that, good fucking luck with grinding for the gil and components to get the final weapons to max and the traphswhatever catalyst. i gave up shortly after maxing them all out and having only 3 missions to go. seriously, grinding for components AND gil is total fucking bullshit regardless of what anyone says.

sure, i'd love to get all trophies but fuck that noise so damn hard.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-16 10:31:11 Reply

At 2/16/11 06:13 AM, Kisuke wrote: not to mention the bomb shells and cores are great components to boot. not the best but they give you a decent exp amount.

I took a break from it, but I still remember what components to use: Sturdy Bones/Barbed Tails/Vibrant Ooze (they're cheap and give EXP multipliers) and then some Power Emulyfuckthisnames to level the weapon up.

after that, good fucking luck with grinding for the gil and components to get the final weapons to max and the traphswhatever catalyst.

Will do.

seriously, grinding for components AND gil is total fucking bullshit regardless of what anyone says.

I agree, though I sold basically everything but the items I listed, Bomb Cores/Shells and those extremely expensive and rare components.

In other news, I just got 6 of the 12 legendary weapons in FFV.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-16 11:22:16 Reply

At 2/16/11 06:13 AM, Kisuke wrote: sure, i'd love to get all trophies but fuck that noise so damn hard.

Speaking of trophies, I just added you to my PSN contacts.

PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-16 16:33:10 Reply

Holy shit, I just got the three missing jobs from the hidden dungeon. Gladiators are fucking broken, I mean, they can equip almost ANYTHING, have high strenght, and don't even let me get started on those finishers. Everyone in my party has it, and I can basically plow through most enemies with some luck.
Gonna train until I'm level 45 and have some mastered jobs before entering the Rift.

PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-18 11:25:01 Reply

Holy shit, I barely beat Omega. Had to use Dual-wield + Spellblade Thundaga + Rapid Fire in order to kill it. If it didn't counter, it'd been much easier. Have I told you guys how much I HATE monsters that counter?
I hope Shinryu is easier, or at least doesn't have such a broken evasion.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-18 19:37:47 Reply

I swiped a used copy of FFVI Advance for £12. Not too shabby considering new copies are never below £50.

PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-18 20:00:20 Reply

At 2/18/11 07:37 PM, Bahamut wrote: I swiped a used copy of FFVI Advance for £12. Not too shabby considering new copies are never below £50.

Wher did you get it? I need VI BADLY.

Also SPOILERS

A lot to talk about. First, FUCK YOU NECROPHOBE! BECAUSE OF YOU, EARTH'S MOST AWESOME MAN IS DEAD! I'LL DRAG YOUR UNDEAD ASS BACK FROM HELL AND BRUTALLY MURDER YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR THAT!
Second, I beat Shinryu. He WAS easier than Omega, especially because he wasn't as aggressive and elusive.
Third, I thought ExDeath in his tree form was really fearsome-looking, and while his Neo version was random, it also looked cool. Speaking about that, I loved the ExDeath battles' theme and the Final Boss them. I had heard the latter somewhere quite some time ago, but I didn't know where it was from. But I was CERTAIN it came from FF.
And fourth: I liked the ending, with the flashbacks and all. I also liked how it varies with how many party members survived the last battle.

Overall, it's a great game. It goes to the middle of my list of favorite FF. Now to finish IV.

PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-18 22:30:56 Reply

In FFIV, I just beat the Gigas Worm and got all of the weapons in Mt. Ordeals. You know, I'm kind of shocked at how pathetic Edward's HP is. I'm at level 50 and he barely has 1100 HP. One thing annoys me about this game: whenever you enter a battle, the music resets. And since the caves have such a high encounter rate (another thing I dislike), I've heard the beggining of the cave music a thousand times already. And it's getting annoying.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-18 22:57:19 Reply

At 2/18/11 10:30 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: In FFIV, I just beat the Gigas Worm and got all of the weapons in Mt. Ordeals. You know, I'm kind of shocked at how pathetic Edward's HP is. I'm at level 50 and he barely has 1100 HP.

Don't worry, you only use him for a little bit. The party system wasn't yet implemented, so characters come and go in IV.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-19 06:08:24 Reply

At 2/18/11 08:00 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote:
At 2/18/11 07:37 PM, Bahamut wrote: I swiped a used copy of FFVI Advance for £12. Not too shabby considering new copies are never below £50.
Wher did you get it? I need VI BADLY.

A handy little site called eBay. Just see what the auctions provide and hope you don't have to spend too much for one copy. I put a maximum bid of £30 since I know FFV/VI Advance are becoming so rare now. FFIV is actually easy to get but I'm not sure if I want to pick it up considering FFIV on the PS1 isn't that bad.

Dicktation
Dicktation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-19 06:42:38 Reply

I'd like to become part of this club if it's not too late.
I own FFIX and FFXIII and love both, I've finished XIII and once I finish IX I'm going to replay it again. It was brilliant.

i am gay

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-19 07:42:17 Reply

At 2/19/11 06:08 AM, Bahamut wrote: A handy little site called eBay. Just see what the auctions provide and hope you don't have to spend too much for one copy. I put a maximum bid of £30 since I know FFV/VI Advance are becoming so rare now. FFIV is actually easy to get but I'm not sure if I want to pick it up considering FFIV on the PS1 isn't that bad.

Then I guess I should start saving and hope that the price doesn't go up. But maybe I'll go look in the darkest corners of my city before I rely on eBay.

PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-19 07:45:41 Reply

At 2/18/11 10:57 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Don't worry, you only use him for a little bit. The party system wasn't yet implemented, so characters come and go in IV.

Eh, I think you have the PS1/SNES version in mind. I have the Advance version, and I can easily swap party members at Mysidia, and they can level up while not being in the party at all. Kinda like VII, except they receive full EXP.

PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-20 11:53:03 Reply

I have finished IV as well. One thing to say, and one thing only: the ending was FANTASTIC. One of the best endings I`ve seen. Maybe I`ll do the whole aftergame stuff, but right now, I don`t feel like it, and I`ve yet to complete XIII. But maybe I`ll replay VII or VIII again instead...l`m not sure.
This one goes to the middle of my list as well, though one place above V. Great game.

omega88x
omega88x
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-20 12:19:44 Reply

random question but in final fantasy 13 in gran pulse, is there a way to fight the giant monster that looks like he has lava skin

Dicktation
Dicktation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-20 15:56:28 Reply

At 2/20/11 12:19 PM, omega88x wrote: random question but in final fantasy 13 in gran pulse, is there a way to fight the giant monster that looks like he has lava skin

The titan guy? Nah, he's a fal'cie. Eventually you do marks for him, including Tonberry.

i am gay

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-22 20:48:28 Reply

You know what? I take it back; transforming summons aren't bad, only because they made the party's return to Cocoon really awesome.
Also, when I was finally finishing my Crystarium, it expands again. Dammit.

PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-25 12:01:00 Reply

I have finished XIII. I liked the ending, and both the plot and the characters are a few steps above XII, and while still sub-par to most of the others, I still liked them.
The battle system was intense and definetely fun.
However, a few things bring it down: the soundtrack. One third of it is very unfitting and another third has LYRICS, which should NOT be in any song other than the main theme. The rest was acceptable and there were some good ones as well. Another thing that blazed my balls was that "party leader dies = game over" bullshit. It made the game VERY hard for an unnecessary reason, to the point to where it was frustating. I also disliked the level-up system because it's the same thing as the Sphere Grid, which I HATE. It's so damn slow and you never know when you're underleveled.
Also, the lack of sidequests (the only one was a poor man's version of XII's awesome hunting sidequest) was disappointing. And last, but not least, I hated the weapon upgrading stuff. It takes so many stuff and time and gil to improve them so little. No FF should EVER have weapon upgrading (and yeah, I hated Customization in X as well), just give us normal weapons. No need for a project like those.
All in all, a good game, but had too many flaws and was weak as a FF. Goes to the bottom of my list, as the fourth-to-last FF.

PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-25 12:18:38 Reply

And, of course, that means that now I only need a copy of VI, beat it and I'll have finished all of them and completed my list. Which may scare some of you.
*Sigh*, better save up, search my town and, if l don't find it, browse eBay and hope the prices for used cartridges (scrooge fucks) haven't gone up and that the seller doesn't screw me over and not send me the game or a broken game.

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-28 06:25:09 Reply

At 2/16/11 10:31 AM, portalwarpedJP wrote: I took a break from it, but I still remember what components to use: Sturdy Bones/Barbed Tails/Vibrant Ooze (they're cheap and give EXP multipliers) and then some Power Emulyfuckthisnames to level the weapon up.

Exactly. Organics give you the multiplier bonuses and metals give you the EXP.

I agree, though I sold basically everything but the items I listed, Bomb Cores/Shells and those extremely expensive and rare components.

Yeah. But doing enough Faultwarren runs will net you a bunch of those. But they aren't the best for getting EXP but are probably the easiest so late in the game.

At 2/16/11 11:22 AM, Bahamut wrote: Speaking of trophies, I just added you to my PSN contacts.

Whoop whoop!

At 2/25/11 12:01 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: I have finished XIII. I liked the ending, and both the plot and the characters are a few steps above XII, and while still sub-par to most of the others, I still liked them.
The battle system was intense and definetely fun.

I've yet to play XII but XIII plot and characters are pretty laughable aside from some parts. God I hate Hope but he's the best leader/character in the game. Battle system is a plus, quite fun.

However, a few things bring it down: the soundtrack. One third of it is very unfitting and another third has LYRICS, which should NOT be in any song other than the main theme. The rest was acceptable and there were some good ones as well. Another thing that blazed my balls was that "party leader dies = game over" bullshit. It made the game VERY hard for an unnecessary reason, to the point to where it was frustating. I also disliked the level-up system because it's the same thing as the Sphere Grid, which I HATE. It's so damn slow and you never know when you're underleveled.

I disagree with you 100% on the soundtrack. It's glorious IMO even though some of the voiced songs aren't the best it's still one of my favorite OSTs in the FF franchise. Oberas theme? OH MY FUCKING GOD. That song is like crack and so is Will to Fight. There are so many good songs in XIII that I can't possibly list them all.

The party leader dieing = game over is horse shit. I mean you can have the other two members full health and the game ends? Fuck that's retarded. Sometimes the enemies/bosses go right after the leader and don't give up unless you sentinel intimidate them. Does it make the game hard? No. Challenging? Possibly. I do like they crystarium system for the fact that it's similar to Xs. All characters can learn everything(for the most part)but then they have their strengths and weaknesses.

For example: Snow is the worst medic but the best sentinel while Hope is the best medic but the worst commando.

Also, the lack of sidequests (the only one was a poor man's version of XII's awesome hunting sidequest) was disappointing. And last, but not least, I hated the weapon upgrading stuff. It takes so many stuff and time and gil to improve them so little. No FF should EVER have weapon upgrading (and yeah, I hated Customization in X as well), just give us normal weapons. No need for a project like those.

The sidequests are more so the mark missions in this one. Granted I do agree with you. HA! I'm sure you've seen what all goes into getting just one weapon maxed out? If not check it out, then do that x6 and you'll have the trophy/achievement for doing so.

XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-28 15:25:27 Reply

At 2/28/11 06:25 AM, Kisuke wrote: I've yet to play XII but XIII plot and characters are pretty laughable aside from some parts. God I hate Hope but he's the best leader/character in the game. Battle system is a plus, quite fun.

XII was worse, but not the most pathetically weak of all time. Once again, I state: they were better in XIII and thus got some respect from me.

I disagree with you 100% on the soundtrack. It's glorious IMO even though some of the voiced songs aren't the best it's still one of my favorite OSTs in the FF franchise. Oberas theme? OH MY FUCKING GOD. That song is like crack and so is Will to Fight. There are so many good songs in XIII that I can't possibly list them all.

OK, Will to Fight and Oerba are amazing tracks, and so are a few other ones, but the lyrics really got me about this one, ESPECIALLY THE CHOCOBO SONG. Also some of the other tracks were kinda...unfitting, such as the Yachas Massif`s music. It`s like some fancy restaurants`s music. IMO the track on this one could`ve been better.

The party leader dieing = game over is horse shit. I mean you can have the other two members full health and the game ends? Fuck that's retarded. Sometimes the enemies/bosses go right after the leader and don't give up unless you sentinel intimidate them. Does it make the game hard? No. Challenging? Possibly. I do like they crystarium system for the fact that it's similar to Xs. All characters can learn everything(for the most part)but then they have their strengths and weaknesses.

Alright, I overdid on this one a little. While itdoesn`t make the game THAT HARD, it still is harder than it should be for a wrong reason. And again, I hate the Sphere Grid and any of it's other versions, Crystarium included.

The sidequests are more so the mark missions in this one. Granted I do agree with you. HA! I'm sure you've seen what all goes into getting just one weapon maxed out? If not check it out, then do that x6 and you'll have the trophy/achievement for doing so.

I'm STILL waiting Square to do two particular sidequests I have in mind.
And by the way, I got the trophy.

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-28 16:10:50 Reply

At 2/28/11 03:25 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: Once again, I state: they were better in XIII and thus got some respect from me.'

Fair enough.

OK, Will to Fight and Oerba are amazing tracks, and so are a few other ones, but the lyrics really got me about this one, ESPECIALLY THE CHOCOBO SONG. Also some of the other tracks were kinda...unfitting, such as the Yachas Massif`s music. It`s like some fancy restaurants`s music. IMO the track on this one could`ve been better.

There is a version of the chocobos song that doesn't have the lyrics but I think it's only on the released OST or something like that. Yachas Massifs music wasn't the best but I liked it. Just think of the enemies as the food and your party as the dinnerware. All you gotta do is eat them for the CP and items. ;)

Alright, I overdid on this one a little. While itdoesn`t make the game THAT HARD, it still is harder than it should be for a wrong reason. And again, I hate the Sphere Grid and any of it's other versions, Crystarium included.

Why do you hate the sphere grid and crystarium system so much though? The idea of everyone being semi-equals is that bad? I am confused.

I'm STILL waiting Square to do two particular sidequests I have in mind.

What might those be?

And by the way, I got the trophy.

Ah titties! How did you go about getting that one other than mass amounts of grinding with in grinding?

XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-02-28 17:18:12 Reply

At 2/28/11 04:10 PM, Kisuke wrote: All you gotta do is eat them for the CP and items. ;)

That...sounded wrong...

Why do you hate the sphere grid and crystarium system so much though? The idea of everyone being semi-equals is that bad? I am confused.

That too. I like that each characterhas their own stats, jobs and pretty much be unique when it comes to fighting. Another thing l dislike is that it's slow; the amount you improve from every node you light up is barely noticeable except in the beggining, thus needing excessive training to improve (at least that`s how I feel). Also, there`s the thing: you never know if you`re underleveled, overleveled, or just right for a challenge.

What might those be?

Eh...nevermind. Just some stupid shit that will probably never happen.

Ah titties! How did you go about getting that one other than mass amounts of grinding with in grinding?

Final Fantasy games are one of my excuses for not having a life 4 days a week.
But lucky Bomb Core/components drops I guess.

betato
betato
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-03-12 17:05:12 Reply

hey! just passing by! kuddos to this club!

"Oh well, that's life...Let's just bear with it..."
Let's Play! Or Pawn Me Here! and Here!
Don't blame me if you wont like this last link...

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2011-03-13 08:52:22 Reply

At 3/12/11 11:54 PM, Travis wrote: Sup.

Welcome aboard!

Favorite FF games (Top 4):

1. Final Fantasy VII - I still mod this game on my computer, pretty sweet stuff people do with it. Also... the best game of all time hands down.

We have something in common.