Jercurpac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-10 20:30:16 Reply

At 3/10/10 08:19 PM, 36Holla wrote:
At 3/10/10 06:29 PM, Jercurpac wrote:
At 3/10/10 06:16 PM, 36Holla wrote: Chapter 7 in the town of Palumpolum (Really that's the best name you could come up with guys?)
Kind of sounds like they were going for a FFIV reference. Any other towns in the game share names with people from previous games?
Was that someone's name or a combination of two character names from that game? It wouldn't surprise me since they've also referenced previous titles in later games.

Cid X12

Yeah, Palom and Porom were the obnoxious twin children from that game. Not exactly the same, but close enough that it doesn't seem like coincidence to me.

Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
EvilJesus
EvilJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-11 10:48:36 Reply

Got my FFXIII today and at first, it seems kinda nuts, the battles are pretty damn fast, I'm glad you only have to truly control one character at a time. The characters seem pretty good too, nice mix from the serious to the fun, not even one of them has bugged me that much, although as soon as I heard Vanille's voice... there's something about it.
The crystarium seems pretty sexy too, I have a good feeling about this game.

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm
Slags and hoes.
Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-11 10:52:19 Reply

Yeah, it does seem quite good. I'm only near the start of Chapter 3 at the moment.

As for annoying characters, Vanille is bit too much, but I'm not really bother about her as shes decent eye candy. But Hope... god, he's a whiny little shit-bag.

The Crystalarium or whatever its called just seems like sphere-grid that takes longer to navigate.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-11 12:01:10 Reply

At 3/10/10 02:56 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
I think he's gonna be like the clown of the group, but a good one.

Shame he's being all serious atm >:C

True, they do both kind of......prance rather than walk normally.

Prance and be off in the clouds most of the time yes =P

Yep, but he's kind of quiet. He's only really openly spoke once so far for me, and then he was just blaming people >:( Not in my good books so far, lol. Things might change, i'm only still starting.

HE NEEDS HOPE.

Yeah, not changing to battle screens was good, but this feels more....traditional FF really. I like how you can get pre-emptive strikes in XIII :D

Lol yeah I've actually retried a few times when I've gone into battles not getting pre-emptive strikes when I should have. I would have had no problem beating the battle but I just like to get them :3

It's B-E-A-UTIFUL! Especially on 46 inches of Sony screen :D

Brb hating you >:C

Yeah, the clothes are really non-practical, but that's what makes it better, lol.
Also, did you notice that the design on the back of Snow's trench coat has changed. Well, i remember at the start he had like a wolf head on the back, and now he's got some red sort of tribal design thing.....wierd.

Now that you mention it, I do remember something like that.. To google!

Right, another XIII session now. Been anxious to get home from work all day to play :D

I'm stuck at work right. Got another 8 hours left :( Be very tempting to play when I get home but it will be 1am then.. Thank god I got tomorrow off I guess. I might make sure I don't lay in too long.

At 3/10/10 06:51 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
What do you guys think of the music? I think it's pretty good as for merging with current atmosphere of the game, but so far i haven't heard any songs or melodies that just stick in my head or anything.

I really do like the music so far, but then I always do.. I really liked the music at the beginning, the place that looked like ice but it was all diamonds. It was adorable and sweet. I'll find out the song title later, but yeah liking it all. Even the battle song isn't repetitive.

At 3/11/10 10:52 AM, Nev wrote: But Hope... god, he's a whiny little shit-bag.

Hope needs to find hope, but he doesn't have any hope to hope for, so what can Hope hope for?

Seriously he's become my favourite character. I feel so sorry for him, and can you really blame him for acting whiny? I'd be a lot fucking worse if I just lost a parent then got dragged into this fight they're all in. He just seems like someone who is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Crystalarium or whatever its called just seems like sphere-grid that takes longer to navigate.

I'm getting very addicted to it.

"JUST ONE MORE FIGHT TILL I CAN GET HP + 20!"

I try to just collect as many points as possible but temptation to use them nearly as soon as I get them always wins.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
EvilJesus
EvilJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-11 14:40:08 Reply

Is it me or does Vanille sound like she's constantly fingering herself, I mean shit, she makes like groans sounds more than she talks.

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm
Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-11 14:53:50 Reply

At 3/11/10 02:40 PM, EvilJesus wrote: Is it me or does Vanille sound like she's constantly fingering herself, I mean shit, she makes like groans sounds more than she talks.

I haven't noticed it before but I really hope I do next time I play :D.

BBS Signature
EvilJesus
EvilJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-11 16:22:26 Reply

At 3/11/10 02:53 PM, Nev wrote:
At 3/11/10 02:40 PM, EvilJesus wrote: Is it me or does Vanille sound like she's constantly fingering herself, I mean shit, she makes like groans sounds more than she talks.
I haven't noticed it before but I really hope I do next time I play :D.

Most of her dialogue is her squeaking and razz

Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-11 18:20:20 Reply

At 3/11/10 12:01 PM, Gagsy wrote: Prance and be off in the clouds most of the time yes =P

But there's always one like that in the group, so it's to be expected. I usually like those characters anyway :3

HE NEEDS HOPE.

He needs an ass kicking >:)

Lol yeah I've actually retried a few times when I've gone into battles not getting pre-emptive strikes when I should have. I would have had no problem beating the battle but I just like to get them :3

Pre-emp battles make things alot easier. Some enemies have really high defence and would take ages to kill if you don't stagger them, so pre-emps speed that up alot.

Brb hating you >:C

:P

I'm stuck at work right. Got another 8 hours left :( Be very tempting to play when I get home but it will be 1am then.. Thank god I got tomorrow off I guess. I might make sure I don't lay in too long.

Damn you and your days off, lol. Well, atleast i got all weekend off.

I really do like the music so far, but then I always do.. I really liked the music at the beginning, the place that looked like ice but it was all diamonds. It was adorable and sweet. I'll find out the song title later, but yeah liking it all. Even the battle song isn't repetitive.

Like i said, i like it so far too, but there's no track yet that has just stuck in my head. It all seems to be calm ambience music so far. Not that that's a bad thing.

Hope needs to find hope, but he doesn't have any hope to hope for, so what can Hope hope for?

I hope Hope looses hope and doesn't get any hope back, cos Hope's a hopeless little kid.....i hope.

Seriously he's become my favourite character. I feel so sorry for him, and can you really blame him for acting whiny? I'd be a lot fucking worse if I just lost a parent then got dragged into this fight they're all in. He just seems like someone who is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Favourite character!? I've had to put up with him a bit more, but he's still my least favourite.

I'm getting very addicted to it.
"JUST ONE MORE FIGHT TILL I CAN GET HP + 20!"
I try to just collect as many points as possible but temptation to use them nearly as soon as I get them always wins.

I like it too, but it's hard to decide to just stick to 1-2 roles for each character or spread it all out.

lol, i noticed her squeels and groans too. To be honest, i kind of like her voice :D She sounds kind of South African or something, but it suits her, and i really like her!
Then there's that Yun Fang. She sounds all Australian like.

So, i only advanced a little bit today. Just started in the white forest place.

Jackotrades
Jackotrades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-11 18:38:07 Reply

Not sure if im the most advanced person along the way here, but I am roughly 15 hours in, and now I can actually try grinding now since I have a lot of points I need to spend to reach the "cap" at my point in the game.

Anyways, fights are getting harder, no more 10 second battles for me....heh.

Aside from that, havent checked but I was past chapter 9, maybe chapter 10 right now....

um....oh yea, dont forget to sell those credit chips and other things that drop off the soldiers, was pretty funny when I wondered how to afford new items when I had about 20 chips I needed to sell, made things easy to buy!

Things are getting good.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature
MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-12 06:12:26 Reply

He strikes again fanboys...

And man do I love him for it. Seriously, this is funny as hell.

Excuse me if I am interrupting the discussion of Final Fantasy 13 (WHICH I NEED TO PLAY NOW!) but yeah, something else to discuss will be fine.

EvilJesus
EvilJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-12 08:50:35 Reply

At 3/12/10 06:12 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: He strikes again fanboys...

FFVII the best?
PFFT, I'll take FFVIII's tmie travel and moon over VII any day!

Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-12 10:20:06 Reply

Man, it's been a long time since I even watched any of his videos. I didn't even realise it until now. Sadly, I have no interest in watching his FFX or anything else by him.

Excuse me if I am interrupting the discussion of Final Fantasy 13 (WHICH I NEED TO PLAY NOW!) but yeah, something else to discuss will be fine.

Non-FFXIII discussion is good for me right now, especially when my sister's fiance bought FFXIII the other day and it'll be a while before I even get to borrow the game. Oh well, in the meantime, while you're all playing FFXIII, I'm happily playing through FFIX again.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-12 12:37:55 Reply

At 3/12/10 10:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: Oh well, in the meantime, while you're all playing FFXIII, I'm happily playing through FFIX again.

Don't lie man, you're seething with jealousy :P.

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-12 15:01:18 Reply

At 3/12/10 12:37 PM, Nev wrote: Don't lie man, you're seething with jealousy :P.

Haha, i know i would be XD

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-12 19:27:13 Reply

Just got the game (for PS3). I was planning on buying it a bit later when it was cheaper, but I found it for $25 (NZD) less than the regular price for full priced games, so I thought why not?

I haven't played it yet. Just felt like updating.

I've been skimming the posts in this thread since it came out, but haven't been reading anybody's in any detail, for fear of spoiling anything about it.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-12 20:12:41 Reply

At 3/12/10 07:27 PM, Aigis wrote: Just got the game (for PS3). I was planning on buying it a bit later when it was cheaper, but I found it for $25 (NZD) less than the regular price for full priced games, so I thought why not?

Damn that sounds cheap. How much do new games usually go for over there?

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-12 21:32:12 Reply

At 3/12/10 08:12 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Damn that sounds cheap. How much do new games usually go for over there?

It's really not.

When I say $25 less, that means $25 less than $130.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-13 01:46:52 Reply

At 3/11/10 06:20 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
But there's always one like that in the group, so it's to be expected. I usually like those characters anyway :3

I like the miserable ones who reject any kind of social contact in favour of being horrible :3

He needs an ass kicking >:)

HE NEEDS A MUM ;_;

Pre-emp battles make things alot easier. Some enemies have really high defence and would take ages to kill if you don't stagger them, so pre-emps speed that up alot.

Yeah can make the difference from a battle taking 2 minutes of 20 seconds. :D

Lol in unrelated but related news. I was reading up on the game on wiki and when talking about each character, it said for Snow..

"Unlike most grapplers, Snow changes his runes on his coat rather than buying new gloves."

So that should explain the changing of his coat pattern or whatever it is D: Also interestingly Snow was nicknamed as "Mr. 33 cm" by the development team due to his feet size. Well.. you know what they say about guys with big feet right? ;)

Damn you and your days off, lol. Well, atleast i got all weekend off.

*grumbles silently as she's working both weekend days*

Like i said, i like it so far too, but there's no track yet that has just stuck in my head. It all seems to be calm ambience music so far. Not that that's a bad thing.

I only part I like when playing as Sazh is that the music is usually a bit more fun.

I hope Hope looses hope and doesn't get any hope back, cos Hope's a hopeless little kid.....i hope.

I hope that you hope that Hope can find his hope, because what is Hope without hope? As you said Hope is hopeless kid and no one wants a hopeless kid, so no one wants hopeless Hope.

Lol

Favourite character!? I've had to put up with him a bit more, but he's still my least favourite.

Pfft ok maybe NOT favourite but still he doesn't deserve the shit from fans :'( According to my sexy guide he gets the highest magic stats at the end so he'll be worth keeping in the team as the main Medic and as a great Ravager. Plus he's less battle annoying than prancing Vanille.

I like it too, but it's hard to decide to just stick to 1-2 roles for each character or spread it all out.

I'm very much a spreader. I keep an eye on the crystals to see what roles got good abilities coming up, then just work around them and the good stats on other roles. Quite even really :3

And man do I love him for it. Seriously, this is funny as hell.

Oh man I fucking love Spoony. I was just giggling so much watching that. The whole thing about Wakka using a ball as a weapon, oh my god it's all so true and I never once thought about it when I was playing FFX. In fact I need to rewatch his FF8 videos then this one. I hope he updates soon.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-13 06:14:08 Reply

At 3/12/10 12:37 PM, Nev wrote:
At 3/12/10 10:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: Oh well, in the meantime, while you're all playing FFXIII, I'm happily playing through FFIX again.
Don't lie man, you're seething with jealousy :P.

Not at all, I'll play FFXIII whenever I'm ready. Right now, I want to go through FFIX again. I feel I've neglected this game for so long.

Formerly Bahamut

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-13 06:24:23 Reply

At 3/13/10 06:14 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Right now, I want to go through FFIX again. I feel I've neglected this game for so long.

You know there are a lot of good reasons for neglecting FFIX. The main reason being that the game isn't really good.

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-13 06:49:07 Reply

Though i find most of that funny, and i actually laugh along with his stuff, all he's doing is basically nit picking. I mean, every FF game has strange clothes, ridiculous weapons, wierd sports etc... but that's why it's called final FANTASY. It would be quite boring if it was all just set in a normal world.

At 3/12/10 09:32 PM, Aigis wrote: It's really not.
When I say $25 less, that means $25 less than $130.

Right. I mis-read it then. I read ´got it for $25. Less than normal.´

At 3/13/10 01:46 AM, Gagsy wrote: I like the miserable ones who reject any kind of social contact in favour of being horrible :3

So you like Lightning? She seems quite mean and tough, but i think she's a decent leader.

HE NEEDS A MUM ;_;

He needs to learn his place. He's a kid with stupid clothes and a boomerang -_-

Lol in unrelated but related news. I was reading up on the game on wiki and when talking about each character, it said for Snow..

Yeah, i actually googled it myself and read that. Would explain the change, as i noticed it juft after i changed his weapon, but i didn't think of that.

Also interestingly Snow was nicknamed as "Mr. 33 cm" by the development team due to his feet size. Well.. you know what they say about guys with big feet right? ;)

Big Socks.

*grumbles silently as she's working both weekend days*

:P Well, that balances things for your week days off, right ;)

I only part I like when playing as Sazh is that the music is usually a bit more fun.

Ohhh, i'm in this foresty area with Sazh and Vanille and there's a really nice song. I think it's the same melody from the title screen.

I hope that you hope that Hope can find his hope, because what is Hope without hope? As you said Hope is hopeless kid and no one wants a hopeless kid, so no one wants hopeless Hope.

I hope we can stop talking about Hope, because all this talk of hopeless Hope is making ME hopeless. Well, as hopeless as Hope is impossible.

Pfft ok maybe NOT favourite but still he doesn't deserve the shit from fans :'( According to my sexy guide he gets the highest magic stats at the end so he'll be worth keeping in the team as the main Medic and as a great Ravager. Plus he's less battle annoying than prancing Vanille.

Even with that information i think that once i can freely choose my battle team, he will not be on it >:)

I'm very much a spreader. I keep an eye on the crystals to see what roles got good abilities coming up, then just work around them and the good stats on other roles. Quite even really :3

Actually to be honest, i've been completing all the crystal grids for everyones roles so far. And i haven't even been doing unnecessary battles to get more CP. I think that will change soon however.

Oh yeah. Does going up a role level actually do anything? When you finally get the role crystal and turn level 2 commando for example, are there any benefits for that or is it just to say you're now level 2?

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-13 13:27:50 Reply

At 3/13/10 06:24 AM, Gagsy wrote: You know there are a lot of good reasons for neglecting FFIX. The main reason being that the game isn't really good.

You kidding? FFIX is one of my favourite FF games being just behind FFVI and VII. The game has brilliant characters, epic soundtrack, great plot and some fun sidequests. I could understand why others don't like it but personally, I find it to be so damn good! Infact, it's so good I bought this game TWICE!

Formerly Bahamut

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-13 16:21:29 Reply

At 3/13/10 06:24 AM, Gagsy wrote: You know there are a lot of good reasons for neglecting FFIX. The main reason being that the game isn't really good.

I wouldn't agree. I think the game is one of the best FFs.

The only thing I didn't like was that it basically made you choose a few certain characters, and by the end of the game it was just 'SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK' (or whatever that move was called).

---

I played the first hour of FFXIII, and I'm pretty happy with it so far. The battle system is fast and exciting, the character design isn't as ridiculous as it was in FFXII, the voice acting is good (but who wasn't expecting that?), the graphics are amazing, and that chocobo appearing out of the guy's hair was hilarious.

There was a bit a problem in that the battle system seemed to play itself, since I didn't feel any need to press anything other than 'auto-battle' over and over. But I think that will probably change when more elements and moves get added in.

I hope it can keep up the high standard it's set in the opening. Obviously I don't expect it to be this action packed all the way through, but I'm hoping it will stay as fun.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-13 17:37:17 Reply

<-- Also agrees that Gagsy is wrong. IX is the sweetest.

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-13 20:20:18 Reply

Make that 4 who think FFIX was awesome. Sorry Gags :/

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-14 01:11:45 Reply

At 3/13/10 06:49 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
He needs to learn his place. He's a kid with stupid clothes and a boomerang -_-

Lol because he's the only character from the craze that is Final Fantasy to wear strange clothing and fight with even stranger weapons =P

Yeah, i actually googled it myself and read that. Would explain the change, as i noticed it juft after i changed his weapon, but i didn't think of that.

I've barely fought with Snow so I didn't even notice.

Big Socks.

That's the one.

P Well, that balances things for your week days off, right ;)

RAGE

Ohhh, i'm in this foresty area with Sazh and Vanille and there's a really nice song. I think it's the same melody from the title screen.

Yeah they need to have songs for certain characters which fits the mood I think. It's nice to play as Sazh or as Snow and get different music. Sazh having a more laidback, playful sound and Snow having a more geared up battle kind.

I hope we can stop talking about Hope, because all this talk of hopeless Hope is making ME hopeless. Well, as hopeless as Hope is impossible.

Fine, let's stop talking about Hope. I hope you're happy.

Even with that information i think that once i can freely choose my battle team, he will not be on it >:)

Pfft, I look forward to hearing your team >:(

Actually to be honest, i've been completing all the crystal grids for everyones roles so far. And i haven't even been doing unnecessary battles to get more CP. I think that will change soon however.

Oh yes does it change :( I've got like 20,000 odd CP points for most of my guys each to use but I'm hesitating right now as each new crystal spot is like 2000-4000 atm, and I'm not sure what direction I want to put them in :3 Plus the other roles are unlocked for the characters, so if you want to train them to be something else you can, but the CP on those is beyond harsh.

Oh yeah. Does going up a role level actually do anything? When you finally get the role crystal and turn level 2 commando for example, are there any benefits for that or is it just to say you're now level 2?

You get role bonuses. If you look on the 'Status' part for each character it should tell you the role bonuses they have, which come into affect when the character is using that certain role.

At 3/13/10 04:21 PM, Aigis wrote:
I played the first hour of FFXIII, and I'm pretty happy with it so far. The battle system is fast and exciting, the character design isn't as ridiculous as it was in FFXII, the voice acting is good (but who wasn't expecting that?), the graphics are amazing, and that chocobo appearing out of the guy's hair was hilarious.

Yeah it's all good :)

Something else I'm enjoying is how they have different 'moves' in battle, and by this I mean like when you get Sazh as a Commando and just get him to attack, he will aim his guns in a different position, think he has like 4 different poses just for attacking which is great fun to watch.

There was a bit a problem in that the battle system seemed to play itself, since I didn't feel any need to press anything other than 'auto-battle' over and over. But I think that will probably change when more elements and moves get added in.

Yeah it certainly does. Sure you ain't like in control like you used to be, but as battles get harder and your HP goes down quicker which it will, you will need to shift Paradigms about to heal, to give status boosts, then back to try and get the chain surge fuller quicker. It's a different kind of battle experience, but good still.

I hope it can keep up the high standard it's set in the opening. Obviously I don't expect it to be this action packed all the way through, but I'm hoping it will stay as fun.

It's very much action packed with a full twists here and there. Need more giggles though D:

At 3/13/10 01:27 PM, Bahamut wrote:
You kidding? FFIX is one of my favourite FF games being just behind FFVI and VII. The game has brilliant characters, epic soundtrack, great plot and some fun sidequests. I could understand why others don't like it but personally, I find it to be so damn good! Infact, it's so good I bought this game TWICE!
At 3/13/10 04:21 PM, Aigis wrote:
I wouldn't agree. I think the game is one of the best FFs.
At 3/13/10 05:37 PM, Nev wrote: <-- Also agrees that Gagsy is wrong. IX is the sweetest.
At 3/13/10 08:20 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Make that 4 who think FFIX was awesome. Sorry Gags :/

You guys are bullys!

No it didn't suck, but I also just felt nothing for it as I was playing it. I found the characters (besides Steiner and Vivi) to be all fucking annoying and Zidane has got to be the worst leading man the FF series has had. He will always look like Meg Ryan with a tail. And no that has nothing to do with that Spoony saying Tidus looks like Meg Ryan, I thought this since I got FFIX. I don't mind cutesy stuff, but there is a limit, and the main character needs something more.

I guess the first problem was that when I bought it the first time, the disc was actually fucked, so I played the game for like 5-6 hours then it got to this certain cutscene and it just died, the whole thing wouldn't get past this point. I tried to fix the disc but to no avail so left it, then a few months later I painstakingly tried again. Why didn't I just get a new disc? I was young and foolish.

Anyway eventually I did get a new disc for the game and when I got past the cutscene that wouldn't load on my first disc, it was kind of anticlimatic from there on. It was like my goal had become to get past that section and I did and everything else for the game felt boring. :3

So yeah in terms of the recent FF games, from VII onwards, my order of perference is probably;

VII > XII > X > VIII > XI

I know a lot of you didn't enjoy XII much but I loved it personally. They should have kept Basch as the main character. I read they were afraid of having an older character as the lead. Yeah because Vaan was better right..?

BBS Signature
Jackotrades
Jackotrades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-14 01:27:28 Reply

Update on current scenario, Gametime played 30 hours....

Stuck on a certain boss....oh dear god...really gonna have to grind my points now....

also, as a tip for you guys, The Doom ailment can be paused during a Summon, so make sure you get one of those bad boys out in case you run into monsters or bosses that Doom you.

and....yea, game really gets hard in the later chapters....

I am very far in the game, and without a doubt have died more times in my current chapter than all of the previous chapters combined, be VERY selective about which fights you....well..fight.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-14 09:16:06 Reply

At 3/14/10 01:11 AM, Gagsy wrote: Lol because he's the only character from the craze that is Final Fantasy to wear strange clothing and fight with even stranger weapons =P

Haha, no, but i dunno. He just doesn't really fit in. And I'm really starting to like him less and less. The guy's always bitching about snow and how he let his mom died; revenge etc... then he see's snow, doesn't say shit and fights along side with him -_-

Anyway, the damn kid finally got it off his chest. Yet snow's still in his ´protect everyone´ mood and helps him.

RAGE

Fujin?

Yeah they need to have songs for certain characters which fits the mood I think. It's nice to play as Sazh or as Snow and get different music. Sazh having a more laidback, playful sound and Snow having a more geared up battle kind.

There is isn't there? Well, atleast i've noticed in each chapter/area there is different music and battle music.

Fine, let's stop talking about Hope. I hope you're happy.

Thankyou. I hope we don't have anymore silly Hope conversations.

Pfft, I look forward to hearing your team >:(

I actually like all the other playable characters. But i think the worst in battle so far, after Hope (and i hate to say it) is Sazh. If and when i get to choose, i'll switch between teams alot, but i think Lightning's the best commando so far, Vanille makes a good ravager and medic, and then Snow and Fang are both good as commando or Sentinel.

Speaking of Sentinel, i think that role isn't really all that effective. When there's 4, 5 or 6 enemies, it can be effective, but even then, it really slows battles down, because Vendetta is pretty shite so far for me. And so far, only having 2 people in the team would only leave one to deal damage, which makes it pretty impossible to stagger enemies.

Looking forward to having 3 people in my team again >:(

Oh yes does it change :( I've got like 20,000 odd CP points for most of my guys each to use but I'm hesitating right now as each new crystal spot is like 2000-4000 atm

Damn. I thought i had alot when i'd save up like 5,000, lol. Then again, i'm only in Chapter 7 (about to finish it now). I haven't been playing a great deal, even having a day off.

You get role bonuses. If you look on the 'Status' part for each character it should tell you the role bonuses they have, which come into affect when the character is using that certain role.

Yeah, but you have that same bonus if you're level 1 or 2, right?

Something else I'm enjoying is how they have different 'moves' in battle, and by this I mean like when you get Sazh as a Commando and just get him to attack, he will aim his guns in a different position, think he has like 4 different poses just for attacking which is great fun to watch.

I notice those little details too. All that little stuff makes it alot better for us hardcore fans. Next time someone on your team uses water, watch the floor ;)

It's very much action packed with a full twists here and there. Need more giggles though D:

My favourite ' giggle' so far was back when Sazh and Vanille were in the forest place, and Vanille's climbing over a tree trunk of something, ass in the air, and Sazh turns around and is like, ' woah, what you doing there' :D

You guys are bullys!

Hey, it was a good game.

I know a lot of you didn't enjoy XII much but I loved it personally. They should have kept Basch as the main character. I read they were afraid of having an older character as the lead. Yeah because Vaan was better right..?

I liked XII. But i still liked others more.

Also. Some enemies are damn near impossible to stagger. Makes some fights loooong >:(

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-14 10:49:34 Reply

At 3/14/10 01:11 AM, Gagsy wrote: VII > XII > X > VIII > XI

I sure hope you meant IX and not XI.

I know a lot of you didn't enjoy XII much but I loved it personally.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, FFXII was alright but could have been better. The game wasn't worth the wait and delays, though. However, I still enjoyed the hunting sidequest and as a matter of fact, I still need to beat a few of them but I'll leave that for some other time, If there's any sidequest I want to beat right now, it's Ozma.

Formerly Bahamut

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Club 2010-03-14 11:22:22 Reply

At 3/14/10 10:49 AM, Bahamut wrote: If there's any sidequest I want to beat right now, it's Ozma.

Have you ever beat him? I killed him my first run through i think. Wasn't as hard as other 'ultimate enemies'.

Also: Fang-Vanille FTW :D