00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blue6panda just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

950,492 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 03:46:03

At 9/17/05 10:34 PM, Sesshy wrote: yes FF AC and it's not Tifa's theme cause she never had one >_> it's the battle music for when she's fighting

Blah same thing.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 06:14:51

At 9/17/05 10:48 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: By the way, You're Not Alone!(FFXI) > One Winged Angel(FFVII) > A Fleeting Dream(FFX) > Liberi Fatali(FFVIII)

There, I just made a correction.

At 9/18/05 12:58 AM, ReconRebel wrote: Custom Magic the Gathering Cards

I like custom cards like that. Those were really good.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 11:17:07

At 9/18/05 06:14 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 9/17/05 10:48 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: By the way, You're Not Alone!(FFXI) > One Winged Angel(FFVII) > A Fleeting Dream(FFX) > Liberi Fatali(FFVIII)
There, I just made a correction.

Do you mean 9 or 11? cause I don't remember there being a song named that on 11... >_> I have all the FFXI songs except for their names <_<

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 13:55:05

At 9/18/05 11:17 AM, Sesshy wrote: Do you mean 9 or 11? cause I don't remember there being a song named that on 11... >_> I have all the FFXI songs except for their names <_<

Definately IX. That was just a minor mistake made, nothing else. I havn't listened to much FFXI music, just the Roufare or whatever it's called music. I think that music's really good.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 14:20:11

At 9/18/05 01:55 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 9/18/05 11:17 AM, Sesshy wrote: Do you mean 9 or 11? cause I don't remember there being a song named that on 11... >_> I have all the FFXI songs except for their names <_<
Definately IX. That was just a minor mistake made, nothing else. I havn't listened to much FFXI music, just the Roufare or whatever it's called music. I think that music's really good.

I like the FFXI music very peaceful until you listen to the battle music lol. Yeah and I think I'm spelling it right but I dunno. Ronfaure >_> But I like the airship music and the desert music

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 15:26:46

Crap I just found out that Advent children was realesed a few days ago Yes this kind of makes me happy but Im not sure if the made the dvd version yet.
Did they and how much does the ovie cost. Oh ans those who saw it is it good.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 16:00:41

I need you all to do me a big favor, check here, look to see who's voiceing Mr. Coates in the English version, and tell me I'm simply seeing things and it's not who I read it to be.

Please...that's all I ask... :',-(

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 16:30:34

At 9/17/05 09:22 PM, ReconRebel wrote:
Thanks SCD..... I think. >_< Hey, you know how Final Fantasy VIII has a total of 18 pages for the item list? Does that mean there's enough individual items to fill all those pages? I'm about a third of the way into page 17 and I know I haven't found and/or created everything yet.

I have no idea mate... i think the highest ive ever got was to page 14, and thats refining items, cards etc etc. So you are on your own there mate, uncharted territory for me :)

You know me well enough. Finishing the game is easy but finding at least one of every item is a quest in itself. When I was checking out the GF item modifying abilities I noticed one item I didn't have in stock. I think it was called a Glow Curtain. Forgot what it does.

I had to check it up, "Name Use Location
Glow Curtain Teaches GF Auto-Reflect Ability Refine Dragon Skin or Carbuncle Card", i know ive had one of them before. Also, if you refine a glow curtain, you get a monks code, which teaches a GF counter ability :D

I take it you like blueberries? The cider equivalent goes down like soda pop. You can easily polish off 2 liters before the intoxication effect fully hits you. By that time I'm heading to the liquor sore to grab another bottle (lol).

Hahaha, yeah, i enjoy blueberries...we cant get that cider here either, which is terrible terrible news. You need to send me a few bottles soon :D

Someone on one of the FAQ sites said they had all their GFs at a compatibiltiy of 100 with every character. How the hell is that possible?

Personally, i dont think it is possible. The only way i can even think of it, is if the person had over 700 of the items which raises teh compatibility for a specific GF, y'know...like a bomb fragment raises compatibility with Ifrit etc etc.

I get Tri-Faces more than any other monster on those islands. Not sure why.

Well, neither do i, because quite frankly, i used to get about a million hexadragons ( i think thats what they are called ) and a few Ruby Dragons. Then the Marlboros came out. God i hate them.

Speed is the main factor when fighting those guys. If you you're too slow they'll usually run away before you can attack.
I know the one SCD. You're talking about the Shumi Tribe that lives in the north. Finished it.

Yeah, thats the one. I didnt enjoy that side quest...it never really felt like an official side quest to me for some reason.

How about the quest in the valley just beyond the Great Plains of Esthar? It's where you had to talk to the stone faces on the ground and they'd say something like "the treasure is 4 paces south and 2 paces east." If I remember correctly all you got out of it was the Three Stars item.

Hmm. I didnt know about this quest. I have no reccolection of ever doing it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 16:45:49

can i join?

would i be #8?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 18:34:51

At 9/18/05 04:45 PM, allyfaerie4 wrote: can i join?

would i be #8?

Actually no more numbers, and if we where we'd be well over 200 now.

Anyway welcoem to the club =D

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 20:15:26

At 9/18/05 06:34 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:

would i be #8?
Actually no more numbers, and if we where we'd be well over 200 now.

Anyway welcoem to the club =D

Lol, I love when new members join this club (which has nearly 700 pages and has been around for over 2 years) and think their like #4.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 22:57:39

At 9/18/05 04:30 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
At 9/17/05 09:22 PM, ReconRebel wrote: I think it was called a Glow Curtain...
Glow Curtain Teaches GF Auto-Reflect Ability Refine Dragon Skin or Carbuncle Card", i know ive had one of them before. Also, if you refine a glow curtain, you get a monks code, which teaches a GF counter ability :D

Coolbeans! Getting in an extra attack is always nice unless you're trying to keep the monster alive for a specific reason (like Devour or Angelo Search).

I take it you like blueberries? The cider equivalent goes down like soda pop.
Hahaha, yeah, i enjoy blueberries...we cant get that cider here either, which is terrible terrible news. You need to send me a few bottles soon :D

Sorry to hear that SCD. Guess who took a trip to the liquor store earlier this afternoon and stocked the fridge in preperation for his 2 days off? Yeah baby!!

Someone on one of the FAQ sites said they had all their GFs at a compatibiltiy of 100 with every character. How the hell is that possible?
The only way i can even think of it, is if the person had over 700 of the items which raises teh compatibility for a specific GF, y'know...like a bomb fragment raises compatibility with Ifrit etc etc.

Yuck. I know I can be somewhat obsessive when it comes to video games but that seems kinda pointless to me. Getting the compatibility rating up to 100 with one character is good enough for me.

I get Tri-Faces more than any other monster on those islands. Not sure why.
Well, neither do i, because quite frankly, i used to get about a million hexadragons ( i think thats what they are called ) and a few Ruby Dragons.

Weird. I've encountered a few Ruby Dragons but I can't even remember fighting a Hexadragon.

Then the Marlboros came out. God i hate them.

Man SCD, I wish I had your game. Those fucking Marlboros seem to be avoiding me every chance they get.

I know the one SCD. You're talking about the Shumi Tribe that lives in the north. Finished it.
Yeah, thats the one. I didnt enjoy that side quest...it never really felt like an official side quest to me for some reason.

Yeah it was kinda boring. It took me forever to find the stone hidden within the village. I guess I wasn't paying attention to what the guy said.

How about the quest in the valley just beyond the Great Plains of Esthar?
Hmm. I didnt know about this quest. I have no reccolection of ever doing it.

I suggest you check out the FAQs on it. It's a little tricky.

At 9/18/05 08:15 PM, Mojimbo wrote: Lol, I love when new members join this club (which has nearly 700 pages and has been around for over 2 years) and think their like #4.

I thought I was #4.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 23:11:37

im back! i had a long summer job, so i couldn't post, but im back now! who here has played ff5? that is a good one. i got stuck after karnak when you had to go into the desert or something. anyone got tips?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 23:32:00

Pure!!!.....I really.....Mr. Coates....I've no idea who he is...but the voice over...is done by.....OMG ZOINK O_O EMINEM !!!1!!11!!one1!1!!!shift+1!!

At 9/18/05 08:15 PM, Mojimbo wrote: Lol, I love when new members join this club (which has nearly 700 pages and has been around for over 2 years) and think their like #4.

I think I was #74 when I joined around page 250 or so.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-18 23:34:34

At 9/18/05 06:14 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 9/18/05 12:58 AM, ReconRebel wrote: Custom Magic the Gathering Cards
I like custom cards like that. Those were really good.

I thought so too Bahamut7. You know what would be cool? If Squaresoft got together with Wizards of the Coast and gave them the rights to publish an expansion set of Magic cards based on all the Final Fantasy games. Talk about an endless source of creatures, spells and artifacts. Not to mention all the money both of them could make. If that were to happen I'd have no problems getting back into the game. When I was playing I had an extremely frustrating blue/white freeze deck. The only color that ever gave me any trouble was black.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-19 11:16:43

At 9/18/05 02:20 PM, Sesshy wrote: Ronfaure

Yeah, that's it.

Sure, welcome.

At 9/18/05 11:34 PM, ReconRebel wrote: I thought so too Bahamut7. You know what would be cool? If Squaresoft got together with Wizards of the Coast and gave them the rights to publish an expansion set of Magic cards based on all the Final Fantasy games.

Heh, that would sound really good, but this sounds like something I'd rather have not real. Just having it pretend like that just for fun. If Magic did get the right to publish FF cards, then I probably would get into Magic. However, I doubt Magic would want to make FF cards at all.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-19 11:23:53

At 9/18/05 10:57 PM, ReconRebel wrote:
Coolbeans! Getting in an extra attack is always nice unless you're trying to keep the monster alive for a specific reason (like Devour or Angelo Search).

Yeah, i guess as much. I never really liked using counter in FFVIII for a weird reason, unno what it was, but im sure it was a good reason at the time.

Sorry to hear that SCD. Guess who took a trip to the liquor store earlier this afternoon and stocked the fridge in preperation for his 2 days off? Yeah baby!!

I hate you so much :P

Yuck. I know I can be somewhat obsessive when it comes to video games but that seems kinda pointless to me. Getting the compatibility rating up to 100 with one character is good enough for me.

Yeah, i see no point in getting every GF, to love everyone, it is as you said pointless.

Weird. I've encountered a few Ruby Dragons but I can't even remember fighting a Hexadragon.

Hexadragons are the ones with 6 legs right? I think so, so yeah, they are the monsters i encounter the most on the heaven/hell islands.

Man SCD, I wish I had your game. Those fucking Marlboros seem to be avoiding me every chance they get.

Heh, maybe its the difference in the american game and the european game. We yend to get better side quests etc etc, maybe thats it, otherwise i have no clue.

Yeah it was kinda boring. It took me forever to find the stone hidden within the village. I guess I wasn't paying attention to what the guy said.

Heh, it was boring..and far too easy for a side quest.

I suggest you check out the FAQs on it. It's a little tricky.

Maybe i will, first you need to tell me if its worth it.

Hahaha, i have no idea when i actually joined this club, maybe 2 years ago, im not sure though.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-19 16:57:57

At 9/18/05 11:32 PM, RavenGage wrote: Pure!!!.....I really.....Mr. Coates....I've no idea who he is...but the voice over...is done by.....OMG ZOINK O_O EMINEM !!!1!!11!!one1!1!!!shift+1!!

Mr. Coates was who you met in the Golden Saucer desert prison. He's the one who introduces you to Esther and gets you into Chocobo Racing. Not sure why he'd be in Advent Children, but the biggest mystery is why Marshall Mathers would do the voicing. Ugh. Yesh.

I think I was #74 when I joined around page 250 or so.

I was probably a bit over the hundreds. #130 or something like that, if I had to estimate.

Weren't Ghaleon, Mojimbo and Wonko working on some quizzes for a ranking system in here a while back?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-19 17:06:15

At 9/18/05 10:57 PM, ReconRebel wrote:
At 9/18/05 04:30 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
At 9/17/05 09:22 PM, ReconRebel wrote:

Ummm you're not trying to find them after you went up to space now are you?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-19 17:47:38

i have all the games of it

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-19 17:52:51

At 9/19/05 05:47 PM, vickgrandtec_clock wrote: i have all the games of it

ok...good for you...I've played all the FF games except for Tactics...advanced maybe and the remakes where they put like FF1&2 together.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-19 18:00:57

So, you want to join then, I take it?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-19 19:30:17

At 9/19/05 04:57 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Weren't Ghaleon, Mojimbo and Wonko working on some quizzes for a ranking system in here a while back?

Ahh yes, the now legendary quizzes. You'd have to ask Ghaleon about them.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-19 22:47:41

HOLY SHITAKIE EMINEM IN FF:AC and did anyone notice that on that page the disease is no longer called geostigma

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-20 11:03:58

Including the actual FFIII? O_o

Anyway, I have all the FF games, except for Tactics, Tactics Advance, Crystal Chronicles, III and whatever other FF games I havn't mentioned.

Also, I found out FFIV is coming out on the GBA.

http://www.gamefaqs...nce/data/929937.html

It only mentioned the release date for NA, but I hope it comes out in Europe since I'll probably want to get it. The FFIV game I've got is really hard and the GBA version will probably be a lot easier.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-20 13:22:48

I'm playing FF3j fro the NES, and I am trying to fight Jinn, but whenever I talk to him, the screen shakes and when I press B a menu comes up. Do I have to talk to jinn a set number of times or use an item on him?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-20 23:47:03

At 9/19/05 04:57 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Weren't Ghaleon, Mojimbo and Wonko working on some quizzes for a ranking system in here a while back?

That's club mythology. The Quizes are one of our most famous myths. You can even call them a prophecy, but who knows when it'll be fulfilled.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-20 23:51:44

At 9/20/05 11:47 PM, RavenGage wrote: That's club mythology. The Quizes are one of our most famous myths. You can even call them a prophecy, but who knows when it'll be fulfilled.

I say we call in the mythbusters to determine whether or not these quizzes were ever in production.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-21 11:16:05

At 9/20/05 01:22 PM, Ryan914 wrote: I'm playing FF3j fro the NES

I'm not too sure, but I guess that game's in japanese, right? :S

Anyway, on FFI, I've defeated Kraken and fought against Gilgamesh and Atamos in the water dungeon and I noticed these two bosses from FFV. Also saw Omega and Shinryu, which were from V as well. Nice to see familiar bosses on FFI.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2005-09-21 14:28:28

At 9/20/05 11:51 PM, Mojimbo wrote:
I say we call in the mythbusters to determine whether or not these quizzes were ever in production.

I agree, shortl;y after i joined these 'quizes' where being 'produced'...that was 2 years ago hahaha.