00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

takoluka just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

audio 2005-12-30 16:33:20

yeah its me, i suck at audio, im currently using fl6 demo....what is the best audio program to use??? which one do advanced noobs use?

Response to audio 2005-12-30 16:35:29

Can you link meh to the FL 6 Demo?

Response to audio 2005-12-30 16:36:50

At 12/30/05 04:33 PM, -Raiden- wrote: yeah its me, i suck at audio, im currently using fl6 demo....what is the best audio program to use??? which one do advanced noobs use?

first off, a noob is a noob, there is no advanced noob... noob...

With that said. I personally use a keyboard and ACID music studio (next best thing to pro tools for mac). Others use Reason 3. But for you, I recommend cubase and upgrade software when you're ready...

Oh and don't call yourself a noob... that'll open the floodgates.

Die...

Response to audio 2005-12-30 16:52:16

At 12/30/05 04:35 PM, Dj-Immune wrote: Can you link meh to the FL 6 Demo?

http://fruityloops.com/ click on try it now

Response to audio 2005-12-30 16:55:25

All the cool people are doing it.

Response to audio 2005-12-30 16:57:35

At 12/30/05 04:52 PM, -Raiden- wrote:

Umm.. you sure that's the demo of FL 6.. It has no info on it saying its FL 6.. For all I know, that FL 5 whihc is already on meh comp..

Response to audio 2005-12-30 17:02:00

At 12/30/05 04:57 PM, Dj-Immune wrote:
At 12/30/05 04:52 PM, -Raiden- wrote:
Umm.. you sure that's the demo of FL 6.. It has no info on it saying its FL 6.. For all I know, that FL 5 whihc is already on meh comp..

yes they changed it to 6

and wow, Soluslunes and Chronamut both agree on it, ill use it... but i used fl5 and look at my audio, its horrible!!

Response to audio 2005-12-30 17:42:42

You should really master FL 5 first if you want to go into the realm of FL 6... whihc is MUCH harder.

Response to audio 2005-12-30 18:12:20

I use FL too...

It is a really nice program, and to me one of the simplists. Reason is good too, but harder and no vsti support -.- if you really wana get seriouse with music stay with FL for a while, see how you do, then maby swich fo some odd reason O.o

Response to audio 2005-12-30 18:14:55

At 12/30/05 04:56 PM, Chronamut wrote: all the cool ppl are also fags...

come join us!

well.. mostly just me.. and willpostforfood..

yuss join us fags...

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to audio 2005-12-30 19:20:26

reason is soooooooooo fucking stupid, i took one look and almost died. its mad complicated

Response to audio 2006-01-04 13:05:22

I dont agree that reason is complicated at all. Reason is a very user friendly program, so if you only stay away from pressing TAB and checking all the wiring out, its defenitley not difficult to get started with.
Good thing with the prog is that you can take it to more advanced levels if u wish. But its not difficult to simply create a NN19 or open up a cool bassound in one of the synthesisers, and get playing. One more reason that makes it so user frienldy towards newbies, is the fact that it has got loads of sounds in the soundbanks, both soundsamples and synth-settings.

Wakka wakka

Response to audio 2006-01-04 13:15:57

At 1/4/06 01:05 PM, Rucklo wrote: I dont agree that reason is complicated at all. Reason is a very user friendly program, so if you only stay away from pressing TAB and checking all the wiring out, its defenitley not difficult to get started with.

I sort of disagree.

Reason is very user friendly, but Only if you have some sort of idea how music technology works in the first place.

The thing is, it works almost exactly like a true module rack, meaning, depending on how good you are, you can look at it and say 'bah, simple' or look at it and say 'WTF.'

Fruityloops is much more user friendly in the fact it was made to be a computer program, not a simulator like reason. Most of the features on FL act as a computer program, and not as a virtual module system. In many ways, this is good, because it makes it in all, eaisier to learn as there is less to learn about, but is also slightly limited where creativity comes in. I.e. Reason lets you fuck about with the equivilent of thousands of dollars worth of equipment, where FL limits you to a sequencer, piano roll and VST's.

If you're good at music, i'd suggest you try Reason first, but if that makes no scence, go for FL.

If you want to base it on the type of music you want to make, FL is best for techno, trance and electronic based music, while reason is much more acoustic, orchesteral, experermental and such.

To be honest, there isnt much difference between the final products of both software. Both can produce amazing stuff, if the artist is good at it that is.

Generally speaking, Reason tracks tend to sound a lot more polished and clearer, as mastering is much simpler, as it is eaisier to compare to mastering a track using real hardware.

Oh yeah, and consider trying Acid or Cubase as well. I don't have much experience with Acid, so its probably best to ask sombody else. Cubase is much harder than reason, but it is the preferred choice of proffesionals and real studio artists. If you go to a music store, i'm sure they'll be hapy to show you all the software and what it is capable of.

Response to audio 2006-01-04 14:50:38

At 1/4/06 01:15 PM, Khuskan wrote: I don't have much experience with Acid, so its probably best to ask sombody else.

Acid Pro basics are easy as pie - very low learning curve initially - more advanced features take a wee bit more but then - seeing as how this isnt the "How to use Acid Pro" topic I'll just say that if you want help using it or if you have questions, either post them in THIS topic or in THIS one or do a seacrh for any other existing Acid topic... Or email me :D

-I'm still waiting on my copy of Reason 3 - should have been here yesterday but it found it's way onto the wrong FedEx truck and it's delayed... typical...

BBS Signature

Response to audio 2006-01-04 16:26:23

At 1/4/06 02:50 PM, LJCoffee wrote: Acid Pro basics are easy as pie

well that is good news.

But I saw Acid pro on a show once and I did not like how it looked...

But remember in order to make good music you need a nice pair of huge shades and make the music in the dark with no heating or air conditioning...

Response to audio 2006-01-04 19:03:30

use that its good

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to audio 2006-01-04 19:13:12

At 1/4/06 04:26 PM, PiePie wrote: I saw Acid pro on a show once and I did not like how it looked...

I think it's a great program - especially when used in conjunction with other audio apps. Very versatile too.

But remember in order to make good music you need a nice pair of huge shades and make the music in the dark with no heating or air conditioning...

Damn - is THAT why I only have like... 8 downloads?? Shit ... I wish you would have said something before - I took GoreBastard's advice (I think it was him... can never be sure) and I've been composing with my cock in an electric socket and a flyswatter jammed in my ass (the flyswatter thing might have been from Chrono..)

Well, I'll try the shades, turn of the a/c and see what happens...

Should sound cards make smoke?

BBS Signature

Response to audio 2006-01-04 19:31:00

Acid Pro is 1337. I've used reason and fruityloops, and I keep going back to acid. It's just such a great, clean, simple platform with midi, audio and vst support. That's all I need ;D