00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Christmas Fun, Office Stuff

11,307 Views | 108 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:19:55

The Christmas collection page has been growing fast this year, it will likely be our largest annual collection of Christmas Flash EVER! Thank you to everyone who has been spreading the holiday cheer!

I was on the phone today with a receptionist from one of the many companies I've been in contact with lately to deal with various office building issues. She ended the call with "Merry Christmas" and I actually felt... SHOCKED! I was thinking, "Woah... No Happy Holidays? What if I don't celebrate Christmas?" Everyone says "Happy Holidays" nowadays...

It reminded me that there are plenty of other holidays to celebrate this season, so HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone! Unfortunately for you, tons of people are submitting Christmas Flash, so don't let it get to you too much.

We had tree work done out back behind the office today. There was a giant nasty tree which at some point decided to fall over and make a huge mess, so we're getting it chopped up and removed. We're also getting lots of other mess cleaned up back there. A masonry guy will be coming in as soon as next week to fix some bad bricks along the top front of the building. Water had gotten in behind the bricks, frozen, and eventually pushed them out - the new roof solves that problem. We're also getting the left side of the building stuccoed to protect it from all the wind and rain damage that has been wearing at the porous concrete. All the windows are getting resealed and the remaining walls (back and right side) are being painted with light grey waterproof paint. The left side gets hit hardest by the wind, hence the stucco for added protection.

I'm meeting with the structural engineer next Wednesday to discuss the oil tank removal (whether they are too close to the foundation for safe removal) and stream retention, to stop the water from eroding towards the building. In the back area, the stream has actually curved in and out towards the building. If we can cut it straight along the back, we'll reclaim a nice bit of land to some day make use of. Dealing with this stream won't be easy or cheap; there is a ton of regulatory issues involved when you're dealing with the flow of water. It's also gonna be tough to get any machinery back there - it's not a job for a shovel.

This week we got the keys to the first floor of the building. Since the former owner let us move in to the second floor a month early, we gave him an extra month to move his stuff out from the first floor. The exciting news is, we already have a tenant for the winter! A guy from the township came by and asked if they could make use of the garage to park a truck that has been freezing up when left outside overnight (it has crazy water-pump equipment involved). We don't have any immediate plans for the first floor, so we're renting it out as indoor parking for the winter. It helps offset all the crazy expenses this building has been generating!

I knew it wouldn't be easy and I'm still glad I bought the office. The roofers said you could park a tractor trailer on the roof because the support beams are so big... I love that sort of crap. Despite the flaws, it's an amazing, solid building that should serve NG well for years to come. It was built for housing heavy machinery on both floors, which is completely unecessary for us, but very cool nonetheless. It's the kind of building NG deserves. :)

Finally, I'd like to drop a plug for NGCOLLABS.COM! It's a great site for anyone who is interested in getting involved in a Newgrounds artist collaboration, or anyone who would just like to learn more!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:21:27

Good news, also Denvish collection?

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:23:34

At 12/21/05 08:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: Despite the flaws, it's an amazing, solid building that should serve NG well for years to come. It was built for housing heavy machinery on both floors, which is completely unecessary for us,

Sounds like the perfect excuse to buy your very own NG tank and park it in the middle of the office to me. You could even make it the home for the servers, or have someone's deskspace inside... how cool would that be?

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:23:53

But you say nothing of the leaked pics...

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:25:05

merry xmas NG!

rawr

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:25:38

At 12/21/05 08:21 PM, SaintShun wrote: Good news, also Denvish collection?

YES, I will be making one. Sorry for the delay on that!

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:25:56

Happy Holidays, Tom. You too, mods, newbies, n00bs, regulars, and everyone else that doesn't fit any of those categories.

I'm glad to hear that your office is coming along better. Sounds like you may have it ready for hard core NG use soon. :D

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:26:24

At 12/21/05 08:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: The roofers said you could park a tractor trailer on the roof because the support beams are so big...

Ask if the beams are big enough to support a giant tank.

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:26:51

At 12/21/05 08:25 PM, TomFulp wrote:

How cool, let me make a banner or someone else, i just want it to have something with my movie for the day :D

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:27:25

I'm glad that things are going well at the office, even though you've had to put a lot of money into fixing the building up, especially the roof! Industrial roofs aren't cheap (as you found out).

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:27:32

At 12/21/05 08:23 PM, Etch-A-SketchClock wrote: But you say nothing of the leaked pics...

I'll talk about pics of the new game when we officially unveil them ourselves. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:27:49

At 12/21/05 08:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: YES, I will be making one. Sorry for the delay on that!

whoo. Sweet, its cool Tom. As long as you make it! >:( kidding. <3 Just dont forget my game. ^^

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:29:02

At 12/21/05 08:27 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/21/05 08:23 PM, Etch-A-SketchClock wrote: But you say nothing of the leaked pics...
I'll talk about pics of the new game when we officially unveil them ourselves. :)

That'll be cool. I'll be sure to pick up the new game, and AH, unless I get money and buy AH before it's released.

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:29:09

I'll talk about pics of the new game when we officially unveil them. :)

Damn you Tom :'(

Omg, Tom quoted me.

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:29:23

At 12/21/05 08:26 PM, That-Is-Bull wrote: Ask if the beams are big enough to support a giant tank.

I've been wondering about that... Tanks ARE really heavy, though... But maybe the framework of a tank!

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:29:54

At 12/21/05 08:25 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Thats the best news I heard all day :D

Beside the fact that there is a Rapist that escaped from jail around Miami >:[

Oh and Happy Holidays, Tom!

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:30:05

At 12/21/05 08:29 PM, TomFulp wrote: I've been wondering about that... Tanks ARE really heavy, though... But maybe the framework of a tank!

a ballon tank of newgrounds, you know like the michelline guy :D

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:31:44

At 12/21/05 08:30 PM, SaintShun wrote:
At 12/21/05 08:29 PM, TomFulp wrote: I've been wondering about that... Tanks ARE really heavy, though... But maybe the framework of a tank!
a ballon tank of newgrounds, you know like the michelline guy :D

With a nice sign reading "NEWGROUNDS"
That would be the best office ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:32:19

As long as its tankshaped. ;)

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:35:03

At 12/21/05 08:29 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/21/05 08:26 PM, That-Is-Bull wrote: Ask if the beams are big enough to support a giant tank.
I've been wondering about that... Tanks ARE really heavy, though... But maybe the framework of a tank!

Yea, maybe! Actually, hopefully. True, a tank would be very heavy, normally having to withstand heavy gunnery fire and all. The frame, may be lighter, especially if some sort of aluminum + (some other, stronger metal) alloy.

I'm still just glad that things are going well. What more could you want on the holidays, in a situation like this? Except maybe hanging out with friends and family, having a good time, with this adding to it.

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:35:09

At 12/21/05 08:33 PM, -hashbrown- wrote: i love that website :O

your sig makes me sad

At 12/21/05 08:31 PM, Etch-A-SketchClock wrote: With a nice sign reading "NEWGROUNDS"
That would be the best office ever.

Yeah, now tom has to find out where to get a balloon like that

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:51:41

At 12/21/05 08:29 PM, Etch-A-SketchClock wrote:
I'll talk about pics of the new game when we officially unveil them. :)
Damn you Tom :'(
Omg, Tom quoted me.

Told you.

Tom, i'm gonna stop by the office this Summer, hope you have it ready.

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:53:49

At 12/21/05 08:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: The Christmas collection page has been growing fast this year, it will likely be our largest annual collection of Christmas Flash EVER! Thank you to everyone who has been spreading the holiday cheer!

I was on the phone today with a receptionist from one of the many companies I've been in contact with lately to deal with various
office building issues. She ended the call with "Merry Christmas" and I actually felt... SHOCKED! I was thinking, "Woah... No Happy Holidays? What if I don't celebrate Christmas?" Everyone says "Happy Holidays" nowadays...

It reminded me that there are plenty of other holidays to celebrate this season, so HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone! Unfortunately for you, tons of people are submitting Christmas Flash, so don't let it get to you too much.

So what if they said Merry Christams instead of Happy Holidays. Despite what anyone says you can not get sued fined, or anything for saying merry christmas even to someone you know isn't Christian, if you disagree read the 1st amendment. Nobody forces you to be politically correct. Seriously I am shocked that you, YOU out of all people would be shocked at something so mundane as that. If you don't celebrate Christmas then the conversation would probably go like this.

"Merry Christmas."
"I'm not Christian."
"Oh, well have a nice day."

No big deal. Well anyway sorry for the rant good luck with the office. Reminds me of the time I moved into a new house and there was about a dozen people coming in to fix or add stuff in the first week.

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 20:54:39

OMG!!!11one Tom we love you!!!!11one!!!!

My name is EvanStone.

You will refer to me as such or I'll crack your head open with my level 20 rusty pipe.

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 21:01:15

If you guys want to put in tank it'll probably only be able to be on the ground floor, A tank has to survive heavy fire, move, and launch a 10 or 12 pound explosive at high speed not to mention it has the machinery to rotate the very heavy turret. Maybe you could have it outside. I heard that Governor Swarchenagger (or however you spell it) collects tanks maybe you can ask him where he gets them.

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 21:28:05

Looks like you found just the right building. I'm sure it'll be NG's home for a long, long time.

Merry friggin' Christmas.

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 21:30:00

YEAH!!!
CANT WAIT FOR THE BEST COLLABS EVER!!

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 21:30:59

Hey, strong enough for a tractor? Do i hear. BIG TANK STATUE ON ROOF OF BUILDING OR NEAR THE FRONT DOOR.

that would kick heavy ass

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 21:31:15

Happy Holidays to everyone on Newgrounds!

Heres my crappy MS Paint Happy Holidays logo.

Christmas Fun, Office Stuff

Right behind you

Response to Christmas Fun, Office Stuff 2005-12-21 21:52:45

Jeez, I knew that the buying of an office for NG would be a lot of work to set up and get off the ground, but all the work on the building itself surprised me. Maybe one day i'll be able to work there :). You should pull a Cartmanland sort of thing, where you allow a certain amount of NG users to pay a designated amount of money to watch you guys do your work at the office for a day. That could generate a small amount of money.

Off-topic: You or one of the admins should update the NG wallpaper section when you guys get a chance, I noted that there's a lot of good NG wallpaper that's not on there, many of which I have stored on my computer.

Sidenote: my eyes hurt a lot now from switching reading your heaven-white text to our standard gray text color.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature