00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ElectricGears just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,017,566 Views | 60,824 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 19:17:26

At 4/18/06 07:15 PM, Irish-Pimp wrote: im not trying but its kinda annoying

As annoying as it may be, LittleWashu is right 100%. You NEVER respond to spammers, as that will only cause them to post here more. I have a VERY strict policy against responding to spammers, and ask you to never respond again. The only thing you do by doing so is giving them what they want, which is the satisfaction of a response.

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 19:23:43

ok peace finally lets just get back to normal i guess

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 19:26:26

thesite02, brightlight2, F00D, MisterK, -MrBlue-
I'm pretty sure that all of you have heard of an IP ban right? If you haven't then i will explain to you in detail. An IP ban is when you get your IP adress written on a sort of 'Black List'. Your computer has only one IP adress,so if you were to get IP banned its not something you could fix with an ALT.
Just to let you know, according to the mods thats the direction all of you seem to be heading right now. So, i suggest you stop and you might be able to get off with a simple ban.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 19:26:54

At 4/18/06 07:14 PM, GanjaGlock wrote:
At 4/18/06 07:10 PM, -CruX- wrote:
At 4/18/06 07:05 PM, GanjaGlock wrote: Dear "Elite Guards". You are quite gay indeed. Please get a life and stop hogging your parents' computers. Thanks much.
nice job on the TCOF series. Ur mah hero :D
I am sorry, my good man, I cannot accept that compliment until you quit this ridiculously homosexual club that you have here.

Sorry my fellow toker, but this right now is mah home.... You see my good friend, I have no life because my parents suck and I have no friends because of certain circumstances that have caused me to move. In theory, I am the spirit of the BarraX....
I'm wondering why you think it is homosexual..... In fact... I'm wondering why you care..... YOU have nothing to fear from this club, considering you make decent flash when you want to. It's your pals here that are afraid. MrBlue has had countless amounts of flash blammed and he is therefore intimidated by this association of portal protection and wants it gone. I run the risk of a ban by responding to you, even though I won't respond to Mr.Blue and... whatever the other dude's name is.... but you're above them and deserve a fair warning...
Leave the barraX before you awaken the mods.
As for you other kids, I could care less..

-CruX-

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 19:41:18

It's done. And if any more come, IGNORE THEM COMPLETELY. They will be dealt with. I assure you that if there's a problem, I, Ghost_Phantom, or EagleRock will privately contact a mod. If you see a problem, instant message me (I'm nearly always on) and I'll handle it.
I'm glad that few people responded, although a zero percent response rate is what we want. Better to shut your mouth and have fools insult you than open your mouth and look just as foolish.
Thanks to the mod(s) that helped clean it up.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 19:48:27

I just want to state that during the situation, I, slash and Eagle all worked from the back to finish this. Why some of you responded is beyond me but it brings shame to us. The next time something like this happens please firstly contact an officer before taking things into your own hands. Now that this is over please don't let it happen again.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 19:48:51

It seems like the matter is over with, thanks to our friend NegativeONE (and maybe some other mods?). Like I said earlier, mum's the word when it comes to spammers. Just don't give them any satisfaction. Like the Lieutenant Colonel said, your Barracks Officers have it well in hand.

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 19:49:21

Man...I haven't been on to whistle a single one of these jack off movies.

This really shows how much NG has taken over me. I WANT to see some guy cream himself just to get whistle points...err

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 19:53:55

At 4/18/06 07:49 PM, milinko959 wrote:
This really shows how much NG has taken over me. I WANT to see some guy cream himself just to get whistle points...err

It's not like you have to view it, even closing a flash before it even loads a thing still triggers the timer for the voting panel. Today there was of those and I saw a white screen, nothing loaded yet and I already closed. Keep that in mind.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 19:55:49

Does there seem to be any rhyme or reason to the names used on them just to give me some heads up? I'd hate to have that pop up and have my mom or dad walk by.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 19:58:06

Well, the flash is 243 kb, I believe. Or 247. I forget. Just...be careful, lol.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 19:58:27

At 4/18/06 07:58 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Well, the flash is 243 kb, I believe. Or 247. I forget. Just...be careful, lol.

247.3kb

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 20:12:11

At 4/18/06 07:58 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
At 4/18/06 07:58 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Well, the flash is 243 kb, I believe. Or 247. I forget. Just...be careful, lol.
247.3kb

Yeah that is the right size also there title like "This is not the big bag flash" and have some comment saying that "this is not the big bag flash it's a game".

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 20:26:29

In happy news, I just broke my 12000th blam...yay. ^_^ Gotta keep on going...

In other news, I will be taking an hour off every day to...:shudder:...go outside. I'm as pale as a freakin' ghost, and I'd like to tan up a bit before summer...so hey, anyone who is trying to pass me (not that I think anyone is, lol), you have a chance! :-P

:salute:

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 20:28:56

I don't have to pass slash, he never passed me :-P, tell me how the outside was...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 20:31:06

At 4/18/06 08:28 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: I don't have to pass slash, he never passed me :-P, tell me how the outside was...

I spent an hour outside today and I'm mildly sunburned and have splinters in both hands (from working in my "tree fort", a little project that keeps me occupied every summer). But hey, I killed a couple rattlesnakes today (my neighborhood has had a snake problem lately, which is a problem with all the little children around), so it wasn't a total loss...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 20:32:49

Of course not, now you can sell overpriced boots and make money to get a laptop and B/P outside.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 20:39:01

At 4/18/06 08:32 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: Of course not, now you can sell overpriced boots and make money to get a laptop and B/P outside.

Killing two birds with one stone I suppose.

And congrats on 12k blams

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 20:47:01

At 4/18/06 08:31 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
At 4/18/06 08:28 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: I don't have to pass slash, he never passed me :-P, tell me how the outside was...
I spent an hour outside today and I'm mildly sunburned and have splinters in both hands (from working in my "tree fort", a little project that keeps me occupied every summer). But hey, I killed a couple rattlesnakes today (my neighborhood has had a snake problem lately, which is a problem with all the little children around), so it wasn't a total loss...

the outside isn't that bad slash I go out all the time now I even go to parties as well but the snakes I can do without I forgot how much fun the outside could be Well see you later boys and girls

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 21:28:54

I am elite guard private can I join your organization I wanna be commander!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 21:32:02

At 4/18/06 09:28 PM, FLCLmonkey wrote: I am elite guard private can I join your organization I wanna be commander!

You can join, but you can't be commander with a rank like private :)

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 21:34:00

At 4/18/06 09:28 PM, FLCLmonkey wrote: I am elite guard private can I join your organization I wanna be commander!

lol youre gonna have to work a little bit

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 21:39:26

He posted among the spammers before, albeit not as badly as the others...just like, a sarcasm-type post. It's not deleted, so you can see it on the previous page.
While we don't care what groups people belong to, or what kind of flashes they make (as long as they don't break any rules), conduct is important. You can't be an asshole and be a member.
I'll reserve my judgement until the other officers comment.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 21:47:02

being a peace loving man i think you should let him in but maybe make him take like a 30 day trial were he has to prove himself a good member just an idea

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 22:03:06

Any Barracks members invested in the Spock Market? I'm so addicted. I think it'd be bitchin' if NG had a similar Market for flash authors.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 22:23:48

At 4/18/06 10:21 PM, WhaleSharkFish wrote: Chrome- and a bunch of other will soon spam your gay thread until it gets deleted! :)

Good day, Elite Guard Faggots! :)

ooooooooo cant wait!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 22:28:20

At 4/18/06 10:23 PM, Irish-Pimp wrote:
At 4/18/06 10:21 PM, WhaleSharkFish wrote: Chrome- and a bunch of other will soon spam your gay thread until it gets deleted! :)

Good day, Elite Guard Faggots! :)
ooooooooo cant wait!!!!!

What part of "don't respond to spammers" is so complex?
If they do, IGNORE them. That means NO posts even mentioning them. No clever comebacks, no "you're gonna get banned", nothing.
Since Ghost_Phantom appears to be asleep, and Eagle's not on AIM, I'll handle it if anything happens. Clear, everyone?

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 22:32:25

well its been a while since ive had the chance to post. been out of town for a few days lookin at virginia tech and james madison. pretty nice and a good experience. havent b/p'd since saturday, so ive fallen off pace a little bit, but only went up in the ranks a spot. confused me but im not arguing. wont be able to do any after tonight because im leavin again tomorrow to visit villanova as well and will be gone until friday. way to waste my spring break :( been reading over all the stuff i missed, so first a congrats to DoD and bahamut- for your promotions and slash on his 12k blam. and punisher for finally overtaking me and making 1st lieutenant. maybe ill be there by next week, but my schedule is packed till sunday. so i wont be in often, but im stopping by to say hello and good luck. back to the portal for me.

*salute*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 22:34:58

At 4/18/06 09:39 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: He posted among the spammers before, albeit not as badly as the others...just like, a sarcasm-type post. It's not deleted, so you can see it on the previous page.
While we don't care what groups people belong to, or what kind of flashes they make (as long as they don't break any rules), conduct is important. You can't be an asshole and be a member.
I'll reserve my judgement until the other officers comment.

I don't really want to be a member I was just kidding sorry :(

Btw, serious question. Have mods gotten the added ability recently to delete posts or what, because I'm confused how all of this isn't being just left as a post it was all deleted.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-04-18 22:38:12

At 4/18/06 10:34 PM, FLCLmonkey wrote: I don't really want to be a member I was just kidding sorry :(

The fact that you admit it makes me happy. :-)

Btw, serious question. Have mods gotten the added ability recently to delete posts or what, because I'm confused how all of this isn't being just left as a post it was all deleted.

I think they've had it for a while...at least as long as I've been a BBS member. I think yours wasn't deleted b/c it wasn't nearly as spammy as the others.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature