00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,988,853 Views | 60,652 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-05 21:53:30

I am pleased to announce over 400 b/p this weekend alone, sir!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-05 21:58:38

At 3/5/06 09:53 PM, SgtBash_RF3000 wrote: I am pleased to announce over 400 b/p this weekend alone, sir!

nice work Staff Sergeant! you've done way better than i have, that's for sure. if i had that many points, i'd be a Master Sergeant right now. but keep up the good work.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-05 22:18:47

At 3/5/06 09:58 PM, Grizzley wrote:
At 3/5/06 09:53 PM, SgtBash_RF3000 wrote: I am pleased to announce over 400 b/p this weekend alone, sir!
nice work Staff Sergeant! you've done way better than i have, that's for sure. if i had that many points, i'd be a Master Sergeant right now. but keep up the good work.

you are almost at your promotion I am rooting for you I hope to get my next upgrade

my badge

before the next update well back to the portal to find more lousy reviewers for everyone

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-05 22:31:34

*runs in* Freeze this is the po-po! *shoots an elite guard*

Sorry, you didnt break a law, i just felt like shootin someone...

*walks off casually*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-05 22:47:29

Wow madknt you actully make people sigs here. I am impressive for what you are doing. Oh and PS i see the EGB is doing fine as well, I just want to tell you all that the flamers are actully some of them like F00D are doing this. I don't know why the NGPD is popular than the EGB?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-05 22:56:26

At 3/5/06 10:47 PM, JohnCena751 wrote: Wow madknt you actully make people sigs here. I am impressive for what you are doing. Oh and PS i see the EGB is doing fine as well, I just want to tell you all that the flamers are actully some of them like F00D are doing this. I don't know why the NGPD is popular than the EGB

The EGB don't respond to spammers like some of the people in the NGPD do most of the spammers crave attention and if they can't get in one place they will go to another to get it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-05 23:04:28

wow man that's some crazy artwork... impreive as hell :D! Do you use photoshop? What is it?
Oh yeah! I never got to thank you for making mine! Much appreciated :D. Lol, I'm not gonna be a private first class for more than one more day though..

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-05 23:07:40

Have not been here in a long while...

Its been a good day sofar, very steady, i wanted to flasg a few reviews today didnt get a chance on that maybe tomarrow...

Anyways happy b'p-ing everyone...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-05 23:24:47

At 3/5/06 10:56 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
At 3/5/06 10:47 PM, JohnCena751 wrote: Wow madknt you actully make people sigs here. I am impressive for what you are doing. Oh and PS i see the EGB is doing fine as well, I just want to tell you all that the flamers are actully some of them like F00D are doing this. I don't know why the NGPD is popular than the EGB
The EGB don't respond to spammers like some of the people in the NGPD do most of the spammers crave attention and if they can't get in one place they will go to another to get it.

That pretty much sums it up. I'm very lucky to serve as leader of such a group...as you really do make my life easy... :-) Thanks for everyone who is active here and who makes the Barracks the great atmosphere it is!

At 3/5/06 11:07 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Have not been here in a long while...

Its been a good day sofar, very steady, i wanted to flasg a few reviews today didnt get a chance on that maybe tomarrow...

Anyways happy b'p-ing everyone...

~X~

Great to see you here, sir! I'm glad you could take the time to stop by! No doubt that since you've been promoted to Supreme Commander that your time has been taken to many places. It's always great when you can make the time!

You know, I just realized...the Elite Guard Barracks has quite the roster...we currently house the top reviewer of Newgrounds, as well as the top review flagger of Newgrounds! Quite the honor, eh fellow soliders!

Hooah!

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-05 23:44:49

In case you don't know. The NGPD was attacked by a few The Alliance members like F00D and Quikfox earlier today. I made a point saying that they should not bother to post if they did not the NGPD and its members. I believe that they should get our point. If they flame back, I grantee that I will not say anything since I made the statement clear already. It is good that they have not attacked EGB yet. We are paying full attention on their response right now at NGPD, if they continue the flame, we may contect the mods to cease the issue.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 00:12:10

At 3/5/06 10:18 PM, LittleWashu wrote: you are almost at your promotion I am rooting for you I hope to get my next upgrade

thank you Major, and i'm sure that you'll get your new rank soon enough.

end of day report #7
points gained: 157
reviews flagged: 270

today was very good point wise. i was hoping for a better number in flags. but i made a dent in the reviews so i'm not complaining. but now the week starts and my points go back down, but that's fine because i just recieved my promotion to Master Sergeant! so nothing can bother me now. good luck in the portal and happy flagging!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 00:13:31

At 3/5/06 11:44 PM, hot_and_charming wrote: In case you don't know. The NGPD was attacked by a few The Alliance members like F00D and Quikfox earlier today.

I saw no "attack" in the NGPD HQ. All I saw was members questioning the purpose of the NGPD. If you ask me, their posts were actually rather polite considering they do not like how the NGPD is being run.

I made a point saying that they should not bother to post if they did not the NGPD and its members. I believe that they should get our point.

Responding to them how you did undoubtedly did NOT help them get their point. In fact, it probably made the situation worse. Responding to such people will only cause flaming, not stop it. As of this point, I do not feel that they flamed the NGPD at all, but they might if the NGPD members keep responding as such.

If they flame back, I grantee that I will not say anything since I made the statement clear already.

The damage is already done, though.

It is good that they have not attacked EGB yet.

They don't attack us because we never have problems with others. If someone questions what the Barracks is about, I tell them in an intelligent manner. If they disagree with me, I don't care. If they are being malicoius about it, I ignore them. In fact, all of the other Barracks members do just the same.

We are paying full attention on their response right now at NGPD, if they continue the flame, we may contect the mods to cease the issue.

Honestly, contacting mods at this point will only get YOU in trouble, seeing as they have not flamed the NGPD HQ at all. They are allowed to express distaste with the NGPD. If you don't like adversity, then DO NOT RESPOND. Otherwise, be prepared to deal with it.

The mods will not look happily on the NGPD members if you claim they are flaming you, when they actually have an intellectual leg to stand on. Fact is, a NGPD HQ member posted a "cease and desist permit" to the SS members, which was definately an act to instigate. So far, the NGPD members' response is, "So what?" Which post is more intelligent, and which one seems to be more "flamelike?"

Fact remains, if you want to deal with these people, you have two options:

- Respond intellectually and respectfully like they did to you, or
- Ignore them

Just leave them alone, and they will leave you alone. Getting mods involved will only make you look worse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 00:19:00

Day's end report:
154 points. It started lightning fast, then slowed waaaay the heck down. :-/
May tomorrow be much better...at least I'm learning how to B/P and PalTalk at the same time, lol.
Good hunting, everyone! :salute:

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 00:33:10

At 3/6/06 12:19 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: May tomorrow be much better...at least I'm learning how to B/P and PalTalk at the same time, lol.

Haha

Days end report:
BP: 10

and i noticed your sig, Slash. Oh my... "Oh Snap! A Waid!"

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 00:41:11

End of day report

B/P 35
Movies marked since my upgraded whistle 2
reviews flagged ???

I will do one last run of the portal and abuse review thread. good night everyone

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 00:42:29

One thing I cannot understand is why they post "we don't like you" type of posts at NGPD. They said that our members were acting like officers in many aspects. I see the same thing here with members acting like officers all the time. I really do not understand why they post at NGPD. Plus, I believe that everything is in control at least for now. The only thing I told them was not to post if they did not NGPD anyway, I will not post another one about this issue.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 00:44:17

Thanks for the kind words, ER

Ya i been busy here and RG, but things are doing good, also i was watching the oscars tonight and was away from the computer for abit, probably missed a few here and there from the portal..

Oh well the night is still going...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 00:46:52

At 3/6/06 12:42 AM, hot_and_charming wrote: One thing I cannot understand is why they post "we don't like you" type of posts at NGPD.

Several posts eluded to this. Many NGPD members are writing hateful reviews.

They said that our members were acting like officers in many aspects. I see the same thing here with members acting like officers all the time. I really do not understand why they post at NGPD.

It's because of the NGPD's actions towards others.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 00:54:32

At 3/6/06 12:42 AM, hot_and_charming wrote: One thing I cannot understand is why they post "we don't like you" type of posts at NGPD. They said that our members were acting like officers in many aspects. I see the same thing here with members acting like officers all the time. I really do not understand why they post at NGPD. Plus, I believe that everything is in control at least for now. The only thing I told them was not to post if they did not NGPD anyway, I will not post another one about this issue.

hot_and_charming don't give them attention when they go through the threads and see post like this it make them want to spam even more. I have dealt with people like this and the best way to deal with them is to ignore them. if they continue to spam don't flame them but email a mod and explain them how they are causing a problem.
posting stuff like this only adds fuel to the fire and make them want to spam more.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 01:27:47

At 3/6/06 12:54 AM, LittleWashu wrote: hot_and_charming don't give them attention when they go through the threads and see post like this it make them want to spam even more. I have dealt with people like this and the best way to deal with them is to ignore them. if they continue to spam don't flame them but email a mod and explain them how they are causing a problem.
posting stuff like this only adds fuel to the fire and make them want to spam more.

Honestly, ma'am, there's no point in trying to tell her this at this point. Many people have told her about this, yet she still does it, including Dream_of_Duke (he said he'd tell her to stop). In fact, right after she posted here, she posted a SECOND post to the SS. I'm at the point where I'm just giving up trying to explain it to her.

Thanks for trying, though, ma'am.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 02:10:34

End of day Report

B/P: 101
Flagged Reviews: 6? don't know.. there were 2 involving stolen movies from flashvideostudio.com however.. I didn't get to flag any reviews though because I forgot to the entire day (0,o).

Gettin tired... Don't wanna sleep but my internal clock begs to differ.

Good night every1
*Salute*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 02:11:50

Sorry for the double post, but I'm about to retire to the bunks. Time for a...

DEFCON Update:

Still DEFCON 4...we'll see how good the Portal gets tomorrow!

Also, my end of day report: 120 B/P. I was out at an Eagle Ceremony for several hours (peak time, too), so I'm very happy.

It's good to see JoS posted in the NGPD, as he has always helped the NGPD in the past. I'm sure the NGPD's problems will go away tomorrow once TailsPrower gets around, so I can sleep tonight. :-)

Well, I'm off to the bunks. See you all on the Portal tomorrow!

*salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 02:21:19

At 3/6/06 02:11 AM, EagleRock wrote: It's good to see JoS posted in the NGPD, as he has always helped the NGPD in the past.

Its what I am not paid to do.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 02:54:00

At 3/6/06 01:27 AM, EagleRock wrote: Honestly, ma'am, there's no point in trying to tell her this at this point. Many people have told her about this, yet she still does it, including Dream_of_Duke (he said he'd tell her to stop). In fact, right after she posted here, she posted a SECOND post to the SS. I'm at the point where I'm just giving up trying to explain it to her.
Thanks for trying, though, ma'am.

First of all, I am not involved at this matter as I was playing NCAA Basketball 2006 in the lobby. Seondly, I did tell her not to response to argements a few days ago, but it is not my fault if she posted anyway. She said that she just wanted to make NGPD a better place and decided not to keep slience.. Thirdly, what I can grantee you is that she is not the one who posted at SS and she had NEVER left any abusive reviews. Lastly, I have checked the NGPD, her last post actually had a point although it was stated by JoS and Eagle already, She told me that when she was posting, JoS had not finished his post yet. In fact, Turkeybean agreed the points on her post alrealy before Eagle posting. What I am saying that she is trying to help and most of her posts are not that bad after all. So please go easy on her considering her intention. When I was level 9, I got my butt banned every week. It is a good sign that she can come up with a good point in the end after all which can make her a great EGB member in the future if she keeps slience towards argements. For the SS, NGPD member arguing issue, since JoS showed up already, it is the time to let it RIP. Thanks for your attention.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 03:19:11

Only 77 points today. (with 5 UJ submissions) :( I went out for a date with my gf between 9:20 to 11 in the evening and it was so romantic. (Glad that I was able to control my sex desire since both of us do not want to do it before marriage. If she asks to do it first, I MAY change my mind though...:$) Then she b/ped for 2 hours as I was playing NCAAB 2006 in the lobby. But I will probably get a full day tomorrow and I will recover the today's loss with another 100+. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 05:29:10

At 3/5/06 12:48 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote:
Honestly, don't bother, if they read the FAQ I made no way will they have a single question. Just don't waste your time, the FAQ takes care of all. I hope I don't sound too cocky.

heh, problem is GP that most visitors asking for info or to join haven' visited the barracks forums yet. so they're ignorant of the excellent job you did on the faq

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 07:55:20

At 3/6/06 05:29 AM, innphernoe wrote: heh, problem is GP that most visitors asking for info or to join haven' visited the barracks forums yet. so they're ignorant of the excellent job you did on the faq

Coming from you, it means a lot. But that’s why we provide them links whenever they want to join. Any one not intimidated by a long FAQ will see it has everything they could possibly need, so naturally unregistered users can view it fully, but I believe you misunderstand one thing, we don't just tell the new people to find it, we provide a direct link to a FAQ I make sure I update with whatever may be needed ( Ranks of important individuals and such ). And again, thank you for reading it but as you see from the credits below it wasn't all me, nimmer, EagleRock and Peregrinus. Good to see you here again, I still remember when I passed you in B/P, at least you will always have a level I can only dream of.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 10:52:14

At 3/5/06 03:49 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: I'm only 9500 points behind you, watch out... <_<
Congrats on 2.5 K.

Thanks, but I'm not a little EG Corporal. :P And I'll only watch out when you're at Elite Guard General.

At 3/5/06 05:44 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: Oooh... Gold leaf, I like. I would like to thank all the good and bad movies who helped me get this far.

Congrats on getting Lieutenant Colonel! *salutes*

Excellent work! Me, I only got around 200 B/P this weekend alone.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 11:00:13

At 3/6/06 02:21 AM, JoS wrote:
At 3/6/06 02:11 AM, EagleRock wrote: It's good to see JoS posted in the NGPD, as he has always helped the NGPD in the past.
Its what I am not paid to do.

Now THAT is a funny post to wake up to!

At 3/6/06 02:54 AM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: First of all, I am not involved at this matter as I was playing NCAA Basketball 2006 in the lobby.

Sounds fun!

Seondly, I did tell her not to response to argements a few days ago, but it is not my fault if she posted anyway. She said that she just wanted to make NGPD a better place and decided not to keep slience..

I'm not blaming you in the slightest, Major.

Thirdly, what I can grantee you is that she is not the one who posted at SS and she had NEVER left any abusive reviews.

I would NEVER accuse her of doing anything of the sort.

Lastly, I have checked the NGPD, her last post actually had a point although it was stated by JoS and Eagle already, She told me that when she was posting, JoS had not finished his post yet. In fact, Turkeybean agreed the points on her post alrealy before Eagle posting.

I saw, which is why I responded and basically supported her post. Like I said in that post, she at least realized why the SS posted here and that they had a leg to stand on.

What I am saying that she is trying to help and most of her posts are not that bad after all. So please go easy on her considering her intention. When I was level 9, I got my butt banned every week.

Every week, Major? Was it a little ritual between you and the mods? :-)

It is a good sign that she can come up with a good point in the end after all which can make her a great EGB member in the future if she keeps slience towards argements.

True. Just make sure that she understands that no matter how noble nor how justified of a post, it can still hurt matters, especially when it is responding to people causing strife, or even just when it is stated long after the point is done. I can understand her attempts to make an impact on the situation and trying to make the club a better place, but know that there are other means to do so. There's always the right time and right place to say something. Otherwise, the wisest thing to do is to just keep mum about it.

For the SS, NGPD member arguing issue, since JoS showed up already, it is the time to let it RIP. Thanks for your attention.

Duly "RIPped." Thanks for your post, Major.

At 3/6/06 05:29 AM, innphernoe wrote: heh, problem is GP that most visitors asking for info or to join haven' visited the barracks forums yet. so they're ignorant of the excellent job you did on the faq

That's half true, Second Lieutenant. Just like the Lieutenant Colonel said, the Barracks Recruitment Officer (1Lt. SlashFirestorm). Therefore, it's always accessable as long as they read responses to their posts.

Though, it is a tad long at that. I will think about writing a short letter to the members and posting it in the Forums as well. Members can be posted that letter, which will explain everything quickly and reference the extensive FAQ as the answer-book for all questions unanswered. It might make the Barracks seem a bit more..."amiable." :-)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-06 11:30:48

At 3/6/06 10:52 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Thanks, but I'm not a little EG Corporal. :P And I'll only watch out when you're at Elite Guard General.

That was street talk, you know how in races bets go in "quarters", well a quarter when it comes to big money is 2500$, in this scenario K didn't stand for one thousand, it stood for ten thousand. But take it as you will.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature