00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yunglow00 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,002,017 Views | 60,738 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-27 14:27:18

Since we are talking about rule-breaking stuff, I'll bring this up. In case you haven't noticed, Wade was on a deleting spree. Check the obituaries, and you'll see that a lot of Scarymovieguy's flashes were deleted. Also, Cr3bz made a thread about it but it was deleted too.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-27 15:25:44

At 9/27/09 02:27 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Since we are talking about rule-breaking stuff, I'll bring this up. In case you haven't noticed, Wade was on a deleting spree. Check the obituaries, and you'll see that a lot of Scarymovieguy's flashes were deleted. Also, Cr3bz made a thread about it but it was deleted too.

If you guys also did not notice the [OO] went on a spamming spree 2 days back and really inundated the portal for about 20 minutes. Over that peroid of time various authors submitted the same thing saying things like "i hacked wade" or something about the BBS. In all there were about 17 of them and i'm sure Wade got to them or at least someone did. All of them were gone before they even got a chance. Well i got there in time and got some whisle points and blam points as well.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-27 15:31:32

[OO]? What can that stand for out of curiosity oh and it sucks that I missed out on all those points for me whistle and me B/P...

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-27 15:33:00

Really, the [OO}?! And here I thought they were just a pure group of annoying spamming idiots. Huh. Odd. The [DD] I can see pissing off everyone every chance they get, the [KK] a slight annoyance. The [OO] just seemed kinda funny. I mean the name alone is just plain silly. Owl Orchard. Since when do birds of prey grow in an orchard?! Unless they were hatched in an orchard, /o_0.

In other news, anyone got any idea as to why NG is really frickin' slow today?

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-27 16:29:35

Well, I received some complaints regarding the continuation of the story on b/p thread so I may gonna have to wrap the early elements up, no choice but it happens. The Fulp's Report is recovered so yeah...

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-27 19:56:59

Thanks for everyone's condolences about my dog. I'm definitely not alone...anyone who's ever had a pet goes through this someday. I'm just lucky that I had a whole decade and a half with my dog, which is more than a lot of people get with their pets. I wouldn't have minded having another fifteen years with her, though...

In EGB news, everyone remember that the rollcall ends on the 30th. If you haven't replied to the rollcall PM yet, or didn't receive one for some reason, let me know as soon as possible. The following members of the roster have not yet responded:

Shanus
ever-vigilant
DarkSoldier
PantyWipe
Marsupial
Shoopufzilla
HeavenDuff
fc-thun-fan
BenwaHakubi
I-Love-Caitlyn
Zornkatzu
captain-dickhead

If someone haven't responded by the 30th, they'll be removed from the active roster and put on the AWOL inactive list.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-27 20:02:25

At 9/27/09 03:33 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Really, the [OO}?! And here I thought they were just a pure group of annoying spamming idiots. Huh. Odd. The [DD] I can see pissing off everyone every chance they get, the [KK] a slight annoyance. The [OO] just seemed kinda funny. I mean the name alone is just plain silly. Owl Orchard. Since when do birds of prey grow in an orchard?! Unless they were hatched in an orchard, /o_0.

Ya, they just want crazy and looked like they were trying to spam the portal with the same thing over and over. Just a picture with some random garbage, nothing to over the top. I was just there in time to get the points before they were deleted. I do agree that they are a bunch of idiots that have no creative ability. The name is one of the stranger one's i've come across, just very "creative" if i do say so.

Eh it's sunday most people come on later at night or don't even come on. Really people have things to do on the weekend, I did not make it on at all yesterday and only started posting now.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-27 21:41:25

This chapter signifies the end of the b/p 51+ side of the story.

One more chapter will be written in that thread before it shifts completely to my blog, took a "subtle" shot a Bahamut.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-27 21:49:39

At 9/27/09 03:33 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Really, the [OO}?! And here I thought they were just a pure group of annoying spamming idiots. Huh. Odd. The [DD] I can see pissing off everyone every chance they get, the [KK] a slight annoyance. The [OO] just seemed kinda funny. I mean the name alone is just plain silly. Owl Orchard. Since when do birds of prey grow in an orchard?! Unless they were hatched in an orchard, /o_0.

Owl Orchard...lol. I guess they're running out of alliterative group names...what's next: Marmoset Menagerie?

They knew you were coming... :-P

At 9/27/09 07:56 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Thanks for everyone's condolences about my dog. I'm definitely not alone...anyone who's ever had a pet goes through this someday. I'm just lucky that I had a whole decade and a half with my dog, which is more than a lot of people get with their pets. I wouldn't have minded having another fifteen years with her, though...

Again, my thoughts are with you. Feel better, buddy.

In EGB news, everyone remember that the rollcall ends on the 30th. If you haven't replied to the rollcall PM yet, or didn't receive one for some reason, let me know as soon as possible. The following members of the roster have not yet responded:

Exciting news! I'm glad i kept came around at the right time! Let's see what can be done post roll-call to make Barracks better than ever!

Speaking of that, I am thinking of ideas on ways to assist the Barracks in terms of communication and resources. I've already had some great ideas, like running a Ventrilo server or an IRC chat... Check the EGB forums for the thread about it and post your suggestions as well!

At 9/27/09 08:02 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Ya, they just want crazy and looked like they were trying to spam the portal with the same thing over and over. Just a picture with some random garbage, nothing to over the top. I was just there in time to get the points before they were deleted. I do agree that they are a bunch of idiots that have no creative ability. The name is one of the stranger one's i've come across, just very "creative" if i do say so.

Creative name it sure is. And I sure wasn't upset for all the free blam points I got the other day...lol

Eh it's sunday most people come on later at night or don't even come on. Really people have things to do on the weekend, I did not make it on at all yesterday and only started posting now.

I can see that. I was kinda busy this weekend myself, but still found some time for Newgrounds and also found time for writing the story some more. However, my posting pretty much dropped to zip in here...

Anyway, speaking of the story, here's chapter 33: Barracks Under Fire - Chapter 33 I hope you call enjoy it! I'm currently typing up chapter 34 as fast as I can!

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-27 22:26:51

What do y'all think, about my new sig? Mich made it. And damn if he ain't rivaled in skill to Supra. Those two are probably the best of the best when it comes to sig making. I can hold my own, but I know I ain't that good.

Top sig makers, in my opinion:

1. Supra
2. Mich
3. whoever it is that makes those futuristic/bar/NG style kind of sigs in various colors. Those are also pretty fucking awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-27 23:47:13

At 9/27/09 02:27 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Check the obituaries, and you'll see that a lot of Scarymovieguy's flashes were deleted.

Good riddance if you ask me. I've always wondered if you vote 0 on a movie and it passes but is then deleted later if you still get the blam point. Because I would love to come back one day and realize I just got an additional 200+ blam points out of nowhere, haha.

At 9/27/09 07:56 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Thanks for everyone's condolences about my dog. I'm definitely not alone...anyone who's ever had a pet goes through this someday. I'm just lucky that I had a whole decade and a half with my dog, which is more than a lot of people get with their pets. I wouldn't have minded having another fifteen years with her, though...

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I understand how that feels; I've lost two dogs and two cats in my seventeen years of life. Each one of my dogs were killed by being hit by a car, they were each less than three years old. We put both of our cats down about two years apart from each other. One lived to be sixteen and the other eighteen, it was older than I am. The dog I have now is about ten or eleven, and I'm really dreading the day we have to put him in our backyard as well.

But there's always a silver-lining to every misfortune no matter how hard it is to find.

At 9/27/09 09:49 PM, EagleRock wrote: Owl Orchard...lol. I guess they're running out of alliterative group names...what's next: Marmoset Menagerie?

Nah, the Tranny Trio.

Speaking of that, I am thinking of ideas on ways to assist the Barracks in terms of communication and resources. I've already had some great ideas, like running a Ventrilo server or an IRC chat... Check the EGB forums for the thread about it and post your suggestions as well!

Either one of those would be a great addition to the EGB. I remember we discussed this idea before way back when but the idea never seemed to materialize. Also, have you put any thought to maybe starting up the EGB Podcasts again? I can't find the old one you did a few years ago, but I think it would also make a nice addition to the EGB.

Anyway, speaking of the story, here's chapter 33: Barracks Under Fire - Chapter 33 I hope you call enjoy it! I'm currently typing up chapter 34 as fast as I can!

You and your cliffhangers! It makes me want to rage sometimes, haha. Chapter 33 was very good, and I really wish you'd hurry your ass to get 34 out! =P

ANyway, my apologies for being absent from here the last few days. I've been doing homework...I mean working...I mean playing Counter-Strike. I'm going to pick back up activity though since I still have two weeks of being grounded. So I'm off to the Portal!

*Salutes*

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 09:21:50

At 9/27/09 09:49 PM, EagleRock wrote: Owl Orchard...lol. I guess they're running out of alliterative group names...what's next: Marmoset Menagerie?

No, that'll be the Meerkat Market, obviously.

You probably have to be English to get this joke ;)

So I was thinking about one of the roles involved with the barracks and it focuses on the whistle. I was wondering if people here are whistling reviews without writing their own reviews up to a certain standard.

I remember back in the day, Slash had some sort of initiative going where people wrote reviews for certain submissions. I think that people should gravitate more towards submissions like the daily 5th place winner - these are the submissions that don't get too many reviews. Perhaps we should get users to review them and meet a certain quality, as reviewing is a neglected part of portal life, as there are people out there complaining about the state of the speed of the portal.

Perhaps they could take up their time by writing a review or two?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 11:29:42

Well speaking of reviews, I only review if I feel the need to do so or if there is something that the author might have overlooked or if something has not already been said. If something has already been said and I cannot delve further into that certain something, then I feel no need to review. Granted I may only have 343 reviews, but that's a little over a year of actual active activity. My sign up date was 10/25/06. I think that's a nice chunk of reviews in about a year and 4 months, I stated posting in the BBS about mid April 2008.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 12:41:07

At 9/28/09 09:21 AM, Coop83 wrote: Perhaps they could take up their time by writing a review or two?

I was considering it, but you know how hard it is to write a good review sometimes. Especially for a submission that isn't particularly good, or that the reviewer doesn't really like. Like, I don't particularly like Madness tributes or sprite movies, at least not compared to the seemingly insatiable appetite of the Newgrounds community for Mario parodies and nondescript characters engaging in senseless violence (referring to the tributes, of course, not to Krinkels' original which apparently has some kind of storyline tacked on for superficial justification). It would be hard for me to review a Flash like that without turning into a criticism of the genre, and even if I managed it the fanboys wouldn't react well. As in, "RAAAAAEG HOW DARE HE GIVE SMBZ A 5/10 IM GOING 2 KILL HIM RAAAAR!" At the very least they'd flag it as useless, possibly even abusive, for a disagreement.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 13:15:15

I hear what you're saying Soul. If a flash that is not looking like it's going to pass, why bother wasting the time, energy, and effort writing a review? I myself particularly enjoy the sprite parodies. Mainly the ones by Jeremy Simms. He is a freaking comedy genius. Also, what is it about the Mario parodies and sprite movies you don't particularly care for Soul?

Reason I ask, is because I've seen a fair amount of people either leaving abusive reviews on sprite movies and/or just badmouthing them for no reason other than "I don't like them. *goes and leaves an abusive review out of hatred for sprite movies* RAAR!"

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 13:57:38

Private Winstonw43 requesting permission to join sir!

The Elite Guard Barracks

Hey hey hey ppl !!!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 14:07:10

At 9/28/09 01:57 PM, Winstonw43 wrote: Private Winstonw43 requesting permission to join sir!

Before you may join you will have to have a Bronze Whistle. After you join and if the whistle is downgraded you can still stay in the Barracks but the first thing that you need is to be a Private and have a Bronze Whistle just to be clear.

*salute*

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 14:10:29

At 9/28/09 02:07 PM, KingExodus wrote:
At 9/28/09 01:57 PM, Winstonw43 wrote: Private Winstonw43 requesting permission to join sir!
Before you may join you will have to have a Bronze Whistle. After you join and if the whistle is downgraded you can still stay in the Barracks but the first thing that you need is to be a Private and have a Bronze Whistle just to be clear.

*salute*

Also, just to be clear, you'll need to reach a B/P rank of Private in order to qualify as well. Look like you're still of Civilian rank, but have figured out how to Blam and Protect. Refer to here if you're confused about the ranks.

Good luck on reaching Private rank!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 14:37:26

At 9/28/09 01:15 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Also, what is it about the Mario parodies and sprite movies you don't particularly care for Soul?

I hope I don't need to tell you how many times I've seen "Random Mario Bloopers", and it's the same exact set every time, or close enough. Thwomp out of nowhere, Mario sits on a spiked enemy, same old shit! Same with a lot of the Madness tributes: I like the original just fine, Krinkels is as close as I can think of to the "quintessential NG artist" (it's simple enough at the core, the man makes regular NG blog posts, and the heavy violent themes ring true with the "fuck you" attitude NG once gave, and should still give, the Moral Guardians), but a lot of the tributes have nothing to set them apart from one another. In the beginning it was fun, but it's just gotten so damn boring.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 16:24:50

You may think it's gotten boring, but in actuality, you may have have just grown apathetic to the whole idea. That's my opinion. Now let's talk about something else before this turns into a full-fledged flame war.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 17:05:05

Now, now boys - let's all calm down - and instead of squabbling, I invite you to read the next chapter of my fanfic, Chapter 6 - Deja Vue All Over Again Warning: this chapter is very intense, and will NOT leave you with a warm and fuzzy feeling. You want warm and fuzzy - go get yourself a puppy. You want some hardcore action that'll make you mad - well, what are you waiting for?!?!

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 18:47:49

http://davidzx.newgrounds.com/news/post/

After being notified by Poozy regarding the message I supposedly typed, I may have to change the password to be safe.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 19:04:33

Holy rubber duckies. I wanted to be in this series but after this episode nuh-uh. Lol I liked Lizzardis' death best. But how did Byte know where everybody was in the dark? And poor IB to being the first one to go... Anyways can I be in the next episode as a bounty hunter in the portal HURMMMM? Anyways cheers and great job with chapter six and hoping to see number seven soon.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 19:16:05

At 9/28/09 04:50 PM, Lizzardis wrote: It will only turn into a flame war if you let it go that way. There is nothing wrong with expressing your opinions. Both of you have your own, and very well thought out opinions. There is nothing wrong with that!

I agree with Lizz on this one. While some things tend to generate flame wars quite easily (e.g. poltiics, etc.), it all depends on the people that are talking. Hell, I have a coworker that livesin Boston and is a die-hard Red Sox fan. He and I can joke around all day about the rivalry between them and the Yanks and not get mad. Depends on the people and their maturity level, really.

At 9/28/09 05:05 PM, byteslinger wrote: Now, now boys - let's all calm down - and instead of squabbling, I invite you to read the next chapter of my fanfic, Chapter 6 - Deja Vue All Over Again Warning: this chapter is very intense, and will NOT leave you with a warm and fuzzy feeling. You want warm and fuzzy - go get yourself a puppy. You want some hardcore action that'll make you mad - well, what are you waiting for?!?!

Awesome chapter! Your best one yet!

At 9/28/09 05:19 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Anyway, you guys should really check this out....Like....now! Because its Byte and all....it was very VERY well written and now I want the next chapter. Oooh, your lucky your not on AIM much Byte. Otherwise I would be bugging you about the next chapter like I do with Eagle! Haha.

He really does bug me...it's funny. Though, bug me no longer, Chapter 34 is out!: Barracks Under Fire - Chapter 34

Also, great news is Chapter 35 is already written and I'm half done with Chapter 36! I should have at least 35 done tonight!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 20:31:06

MY RANT IS IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT. I FEEL LIKE GETTING IT OUT HERE AS WELL.

Why you gotta kill me?! I like to think I'm in amongst the popular EGB members. Lizz, Porkchop, Mich, and I are all good chums. And why the hell did I not have any night-vision goggles?! Shouldn't those be standard issue!?!

/rant

*massive sigh* I better come back. >_>

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 21:05:59

Just got to chapter 11 on The Barracks Under Fire what a cool story, I'm getting into it now its so interesting. I remember lots of those former mods now sadly no longer mods, Maus, BigBadRon, Ozcar, Canas etc. Its like going back over the last few years, seeing people come and go. Reading about former members of EGB is kinda sad like Sentio ,and other members such a history EGB has. Anyway I wish I had seen some of those members in my time. But you have got such good skills at writing fiction. Off topic yes ScaryMovieGuy many flashes got removed he was a nuisance when it comes to stealing and using alts. But I did not know OO had been spamming the portal.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 21:29:52

At 9/28/09 08:31 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: MY RANT IS IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT. I FEEL LIKE GETTING IT OUT HERE AS WELL.

Why you gotta kill me?! I like to think I'm in amongst the popular EGB members. Lizz, Porkchop, Mich, and I are all good chums. And why the hell did I not have any night-vision goggles?! Shouldn't those be standard issue!?!

/rant

*massive sigh* I better come back. >_>

Hey, my friend, please don't take it personally. You are among the best - and in that chapter, you all met an untimely death at the hands of a psychopath who you wanted to believe was your friend. As for the night vision goggles, from the time the lights went out to the time your character was shot was only a few seconds - and remember, you guys had set up a trap to trank Byte - you weren't expecting warfare. That's why you had a trank rifle, but only a pair of pistols with live ammo. Did you really expect the lights to go out and all Hell to break loose?

So, for the time being, in that particular continuum, you are deceased. From a quantum standpoint, that's just a minor inconvenience. But your presence will be felt in the future... and that will be part of getting this continuum back to "normal" - or something like it.

All will be revealed in time....

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 21:38:44

I'm still indifferent either way. Yet still more than a bit pissed.

Also, you don't spell trankuilizer or trank with a "K". You spell it like this: Tranquilizer. And the abbreviation is tranq.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 21:59:45

At 9/28/09 09:05 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Just got to chapter 11 on The Barracks Under Fire what a cool story, I'm getting into it now its so interesting. I remember lots of those former mods now sadly no longer mods, Maus, BigBadRon, Ozcar, Canas etc. Its like going back over the last few years, seeing people come and go. Reading about former members of EGB is kinda sad like Sentio ,and other members such a history EGB has. Anyway I wish I had seen some of those members in my time. But you have got such good skills at writing fiction.

Thanks for your good vote on my story! Yes, I consider this little novel my tribute to all the members of the Barracks that have come and gone, and a nice tribute to all they did for it.

As for the current members currently making it thrive, consider my sequel my little tribute to those that kept the Barracks as great as it is today. :-)

At 9/28/09 09:38 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: I'm still indifferent either way. Yet still more than a bit pissed.

Also, you don't spell trankuilizer or trank with a "K". You spell it like this: Tranquilizer. And the abbreviation is tranq.

Someone isn't thinking fourth dimensionally, just like Marty McFly! :-P

I'm glad my story was so criticially acclaimed! I'm continuting on with the story and hope to get anothe chapter out tonight!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-09-28 22:02:50

At 9/28/09 09:38 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: I'm still indifferent either way. Yet still more than a bit pissed.

Yeah, I know how to spell tranquilizer, and yes, technically "tranq" is the shortened form. But in other variations and phonetic spellings, "trank" has become slang for "tranquilizer" - just like "pwned" was derived from "owned", which means "badly beatened".

My guess is that you're probably not into my style of writing, and that the subject matter is not as close to you as you'd like. That's okay - I don't expect everyone to love it or hate it - each person has their own opinions, and there's no problem with that. If I portrayed you in a way that doesn't make you happy, it was only for literary license, and nothing more. Hey, EagleRock is a crazy hermit, my alter ego is a psychopath; Lizz's was a hired henchman (now deceased)- and Idiot-Buster is a power-crazed madame of the EGB brothel.

But realize that this story is just that, and does not portray any one in this reality completely.

IRL, we're all still friends, right?

BBS Signature