00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

supercoolstickman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why I Find Emos Offensive

2,527 Views | 42 Replies

Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:07:15

Rather than try and get noticed in one of the other emo threads, here's a closure on emo irritation.

Emos generally act depressed. What emos (and most people) commonly misunderstand is that depression is not an emotion. By definition, depression is a condition. There is no such emotion as depression. There is sadness, which is a completely different thing. Depression is caused by an unnatural lack of a neurotransmitter called 5-hydroxytryptamine, commonly known as Serotonin, which a condition I happen to suffer from and I have tried on numerous occasions to commit suicide. Now emos when they seemingly "attempt" to kill themselves, often draw attention to themselves as demonstrated by their behaviour and in the music. A Serotonin deficiency also causes anxiety disorders, which causes extreme panic attacks when a depressive is given attention. Hence, because of the general emo attitude it's impossible for an emo to be depressed. For example, the way they dress. Not to say there is anything wrong with how they dress, each to his own. But it's because they draw attention to themselves because of the way they dress that they're obviously lying about their personality. Depressives don't enjoy attention unless it's coupled with extreme adrenaline (performing on stage for instance).

I find emos offensive because I find it very upsetting that somebody could fake an illness such as depression, when I have a chemical imbalance which causes it genuinely.

End

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:09:40

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:09:50

I'm with Tom Cruise.

Depression doesn't exist.

I GOT BLOOD ON MY HANDS AND THERE'S NO REMORSE I GOT BLOOD ON MY DICK CUZ I FUCKED A CORPSE

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:10:27

At 8/25/05 09:08 PM, ---WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW wrote: btw, EMO doesn't exist any more, it's just a clothing style.

EMO in the 90's = geek who was outcasted.

EMO as of today = metrosexual.

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:11:02

At 8/25/05 09:09 PM, Master_Bunny wrote: Depression doesn't exist.

Just don't go there, seriously. I'm not in the mood for any stupid fucking comments like that.

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:11:15

At 8/25/05 09:09 PM, WelcomeToLife wrote: http://emosong.ytmnd.com/

Nice Emo Name!

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:11:48

usually depression occurs after puberty

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:14:02

At 8/25/05 09:11 PM, Professor_Rhythm wrote:
Just don't go there, seriously. I'm not in the mood for any stupid fucking comments like that.

I'm Goth. And depressed. And attempted suicides 12 times. It DOES exist, I've had bad encounters with it.

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:15:21

At 8/25/05 09:11 PM, WelcomeToLife wrote: usually depression occurs after puberty

or not there lots of prepubescent 14yor emo here.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:16:32

i was just remarking to his depression doesnt exist comment.

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:31:34

At 8/25/05 09:14 PM, CTgod wrote: I'm Goth. And depressed. And attempted suicides 12 times. It DOES exist, I've had bad encounters with it.

What medication they give you?

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:34:00

At 8/25/05 09:14 PM, CTgod wrote:
At 8/25/05 09:11 PM, Professor_Rhythm wrote:
I'm Goth. And depressed. And attempted suicides 12 times. It DOES exist, I've had bad encounters with it.

well then.. you obviously are doing something wrong. Are you not pointing the gun at your head.. or is it you aren't taking enough pills?

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:35:58

At 8/25/05 09:10 PM, norbin wrote:
At 8/25/05 09:08 PM, ---WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW wrote: btw, EMO doesn't exist any more, it's just a clothing style.
EMO in the 90's = geek who was outcasted.

EMO as of today = metrosexual.

Lol thats hilarious :D I didnt know half the stuff in the top post even existed o.O

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:37:02

At 8/25/05 09:07 PM, Professor_Rhythm wrote: Rather than try and get noticed in one of the other emo threads, here's a closure on emo irritation.

I have been waiting to say all that myself, but you did it first, thank you freind. The other thing i hate about this whole emo trend is that its impossible to actually be depressed without some tard box calling you emo, or an attention whore.

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:40:15

At 8/25/05 09:34 PM, WyldWeaverWyrm wrote:
At 8/25/05 09:14 PM, CTgod wrote: I'm Goth. And depressed. And attempted suicides 12 times. It DOES exist, I've had bad encounters with it.
well then.. you obviously are doing something wrong. Are you not pointing the gun at your head.. or is it you aren't taking enough pills?

Suicide is alot harder than you would expect, ive attempted (hmm lets see about 15 times or so) suicide and found that its quite difficult.

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:42:43

At 8/25/05 09:15 PM, Septemb3r wrote:
At 8/25/05 09:11 PM, WelcomeToLife wrote: usually depression occurs after puberty
or not there lots of prepubescent 14yor emo here.

Yes, your right you creepy 50 year old person, waisting hes time on Newgrounds with bad spelling.

Fucking crazy, and proud.

Your god is a fraud!

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:44:01

At 8/25/05 09:07 PM, Professor_Rhythm wrote: I find emos offensive because I find it very upsetting that somebody could fake an illness such as depression, when I have a chemical imbalance which causes it genuinely.

HOW DO I FIND A CLUE HERE?

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:44:10

Bedn took care of it:
EMOS PWNED

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:49:34

Emo is like every STD combined. I hate them so. ANd I also hate wannabe goth attention whores who go on about how many times they've tried to kill themselves. YOUR NOT COOL ! SHUT THE FUCK UP ! It's insulting to people with real problems.

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:50:46

At 8/25/05 09:40 PM, ornery_scotsman wrote:
ive attempted (hmm lets see about 15 times or so)

Why?

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:58:44

Hey kids suicide is bad.

But if you really want to do it get a gun and shoot yourself in the head fucking pussies.

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 21:58:51

Ture enough. Although depression can be cause by peoples tramatic experencies or overwhealming emontions. There is nothing wrong with being emontional. Myself i am very emontional. I have been called goth which frankely is a life choice and you can not just be goth for being emontional its a lifestyle. I have also been called emo which is complete nonsense. I have never pleaded or even considered sucide in my life time. I don't walk around and get depressed about nothing. I have nothing that marks me as an attention whore. Being emontional also does not make you metrosexual. being metrosexual is someone who is very confortable with there own sexualtiy (me) but they take it to the next level. I could talk to a gay guy all day and mess with him and that doesn't make me gay or metrosexual. Also i can dress in black and be depressed and not be goth or emo. Having feelings and emontions is what makes a human a human. I am not disagreeing with you at all to say that your depressed but you can be depressed because of extreme emontions or experinces. People who whine about killing themselfs or all of this and such that do not have a condition such as yourself is just an attention whore that people call goth or Emo. I know Goth people and sum are very oh i wanna die and this and that and other are great and happy people. Along with this steriotype Emo i know many people. And not everyone acts like a depressed attention whore. When it comes down to it a person makes a choice about his or her own life. But saying that all people that have emontion are Emos is steriotyping and its wrong. Have of you that critize do not know the people and yet you judge them. True enough we do not need attention getting whores but please do not say that all Emos are depressed and need this and that because not all of them do some people can choose a life style and it can be something there own. People should not judge or steriotype other people. I have emontions but they don't rule my life and i enjoy my emontions the good and the bad but i don't grab all the attention i can get. So if you wanna call me an Emo i will take that title but i will never be ashamed of haveing emontions.

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 22:01:16

At 8/25/05 09:50 PM, VirginLungs wrote:
At 8/25/05 09:40 PM, ornery_scotsman wrote:
ive attempted (hmm lets see about 15 times or so)
Why?

As explained, Serotonin deficiency

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 22:03:03

At 8/25/05 10:00 PM, NotMeOk wrote: I want to die.

gun + head = dead

hurry the fuck up

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 22:03:24

At 8/25/05 09:58 PM, RavenTheFallenX wrote: A load of complete bullshit

Stop using the word emotion. Depression is not an emotion, it's a medical illness

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 22:03:50

At 8/25/05 10:01 PM, Professor_Rhythm wrote: As explained, Serotonin deficiency

Serotonin is one possibly reason, but you would think that with all the ssris ive been on it would have helped, i fear that my case is alittle more than lack of serotonin, no one really knows the exact cause of depression, but lack of serotonin is defininetly one of them, the problem is that there are also many other reasons yet to be discovered.

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 22:05:25

At 8/25/05 10:03 PM, PowerRangerWHITE wrote:
At 8/25/05 10:00 PM, NotMeOk wrote: I want to die.
gun + head = dead

actually quite frequently gun+ head= brain dead for life, coma, physically extreme scars, eat through straw. But you only hear about the one who died

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 22:06:19

coma , brain dead it's all good

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 22:10:08

for a while they put me on medication because i was supposably depressed. if i was i didnt even know it. i never understood how i "was depressed" without even knowing it.

i get pissed about the hole emo situation all the time, its just fucking retarded. almost all the kids at my school now run around saying shit like "my depression has consumed my soul"

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to Why I Find Emos Offensive 2005-08-25 22:12:48

At 8/25/05 10:03 PM, ornery_scotsman wrote: Serotonin is one possibly reason, but you would think that with all the ssris ive been on it would have helped, i fear that my case is alittle more than lack of serotonin, no one really knows the exact cause of depression, but lack of serotonin is defininetly one of them, the problem is that there are also many other reasons yet to be discovered.

If any SSRI worked perfectly, there wouldn't be more than one type.

But I'll agree with you there

In other news, here's a very very very old picture I made. (One of my friends)

Why I Find Emos Offensive