00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of July!

16,226 Views | 127 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 00:21:51

Congrats to all the winners.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 00:39:06

congrats to the super flash bros.

Sig

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 00:40:23

and to tom!

If you would like to discuss something do not hesitate to contact me

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 00:56:04

Alkie Kong was served a big plate of injustice for dinner tonight.

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 02:01:47

Congrats to super flash bros for getting 1st for both games and movies.
I 'personally' dont think RE Flash Edition should of got in but heck what do I know....

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 02:11:55

If my friend and I both worked on a game and submited it, would the 250 be split or what?

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 02:35:40

First of all, congratulations to all the winners, countless hours in front of a computer screen really paid off. The only thing that sucks is having voted for other good submissions and not see them get any mention whatsoever. I thought The Mad Cow would've received some kind of attention.

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 02:37:49

Wow.

Wish i was in the top 2,000 =D

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 03:39:03

I just want to say, for my first post, congratulations to the winners!

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 04:08:48

At 8/8/05 07:16 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: Does that mean that the Super Flash Bros. and David Firth both get $500?

I was thinking about that. Hopefully Tom Fulp isn't a slimy asshole who will use loopholes and say that they only win once each. I'm happy for both of them and I voted for all four of those flash. I'm assuming, since it's the way it was with the other Decline flash, that Zelda: Lampshade was intended to be within Decline 3, but couldn't because of its size. If I'm correct in assuming that, then they're rather lucky since it just won them another $250 and, if I'm not mistaken, some cool stuff from Games of Gondor for winning a top game award.

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 04:20:59

Oh my. This months results I do not like, there were a few really good submissions this month by unknown authors that got beaten out by mediocre at best animations by well known authors and that is really a damn shame. Oh well, I hope Augusts results will be better.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 05:59:53

At 8/8/05 10:53 PM, TomaO2 wrote: But no, I am talking about giving Super Flash Bros getting 500$ for 2 submissions this month. I don't care about them winning for "Zelda Lampshade" but "Decline of Video Gaming 3" was a collaboration effort. Shouldn't the 250$ have been split evenly between SFB and Double Helix instead of SFB getting it all? Unless DH and SFB BOTH got 250$ but in that case what happens if one of those massive collaborations with 6 or more artists win a spot? That can be a HUGE amount of money, especially if several collaborations win the ten spots in a given month. It might even encourage greedy people to mark in several names, even for work that isn't a collaboration, just to give friends some money in case the submission wins. It's a system that can certainly be abused.

Well, Double Helix really isnt an artist, they're Dim's friends from school (Dan + JT), and they do some writing and voice acting for Decline. We'll be splitting the money between the 4 of us ourselves.

I dunno about other collabs though, with people who dont live so close...

Tom

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 06:24:34

Alkie Kong should have gotten 5th place instead of the NG calculator; according to it, a Flash is equated with only 20 BBS posts and 1 review = 1 post. Alkie Kong was polished and should have at least got 5th.

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 06:45:45

Are there any clock movies on there?

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 08:25:22

im suprised! shocked even!

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 08:42:12

At 8/8/05 10:53 PM, TomaO2 wrote: Tom, what exactly is the policy when collaboration works win? Do all artists get 250$ or just the top placed artist? If the former, what steps, if any, are being used to safeguard people from simply adding names of friends in order to let them get money they don't deserve in case that submission wins the monthly prize?

David Firth submits awesome movies and deserves the cash. :)

As for collabs... The organizer will receive the t-shirt and money. It is up to him to split it up among the group as he sees fit. For a submission like a game where there is an artist and a programmer, I will probably send out a t-shirt and check for $125 to each (like I did for Luis and NegativeONE when Muscomorpha won), but for larger collabs, I don't even want to start to figure out who gets what, since some users contribute a lot more than others and only the organizer really knows. Hey, it's the risk you take when you are part of a collab. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 09:18:17

Yes! Battle of Gondor got 2nd! And congratz to all the winners.

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 11:18:51

At 8/9/05 10:32 AM, Everyone_Has_Aids wrote: Hmmm, all the runner up games are better then the NG calculator. Silly voters.

True but then almost all of the winning games were shit then again not many people submit good games its all about the movies these days. Soon that will change when me and T-H bring out our game mwaahahahaha

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 11:24:43

arg stupid ng calculator... lol

Nicoals...

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 12:02:00

Har har har, I find it quite funny how many of you are angered that the popularity of scottmale and his game outweighed the flash game you voted for.

Congrats scottmale on winning the $250 and the NG T-Shirt.
Also, congrats on the UOTD, even though you were banned during it.

first to tell him about winning $250 :D

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 12:42:09

What about the user of the month?

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 12:57:36

Congrats to the winners !

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 13:23:54

the logic behind that calculator is bullshit.

how can 100 posts be worth more then a flash submission

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 13:25:24

At 8/9/05 01:23 PM, The_Star_Syndicate wrote: how can 100 posts be worth more then a flash submission

did i say 100? i meant 10. even god damn worse.

terrible logic.

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 13:30:42

Wohoo, Battle for Gondor got second place!

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 14:08:43

thx and by the way...

Best of July!

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 14:16:11

At 8/8/05 07:15 PM, TomFulp wrote: Top Games
7. Throw It! (KB Game)

Ho hum. My evil plans for world dominance thwarted again.
I can't believe that calculator thingy got a prize.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 14:23:22

At 8/9/05 02:16 PM, Denvish wrote:
I can't believe that calculator thingy got a prize.

Ditto,yeah i thought it was kool as hell but i would have never guess that it would get top 5 games for the month,that is insane really (senses mass voting =P).

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 14:34:27

At 8/9/05 08:42 AM, TomFulp wrote:
David Firth submits awesome movies and deserves the cash. :)

As for collabs... The organizer will receive the t-shirt and money. It is up to him to split it up among the group as he sees fit. For a submission like a game where there is an artist and a programmer, I will probably send out a t-shirt and check for $125 to each (like I did for Luis and NegativeONE when Muscomorpha won), but for larger collabs, I don't even want to start to figure out who gets what, since some users contribute a lot more than others and only the organizer really knows. Hey, it's the risk you take when you are part of a collab. :)

Grrr, I don't like Firth. He's creepy, creepy, CREEPY! And way too prolific for his own good. :(

If we MUST give cash to someone every month... How about Foamy? Iwillpress puts out movies on a monthly basis as well. That poor squirrel needs more money for nuts. Or Knox? I love his claymations and he makes a lot or he did until he started his movie project. Or Lifepoint1? I am SUCH a fan of their work!

All three artists make good products and add many submissions but they never get any monthly awards (yet). The point I was making is there are MANY people that make awesome movies and deserve the cash too but Firth is the only regular contributor (regular means 1 or more submissions, every month or possibly every 2 months and I won't count the games category in this as the workpool is SOOO much smaller. People have a much easier time to potentially dominate that field) in NG that ALWAYS get's every single one of his submitted movies in the top 10 spots and frequently in the top 5. The madness must stop people! Vote for someone else! lol

On to the monthly awards. Great, that was the answer I was hoping to hear, anything else just goes down into a big bundle of confusion. Thanks Tom.

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.

Response to Best of July! 2005-08-09 14:42:18

well done to all the winners

Best of July!