00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

shmh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mofunzone.com

9,401 Views | 49 Replies

Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 18:15:40

Sup guys, this is the author of Mario Remix. Just found out that this mofunzone.com stole my game without permission. Apparently they've done this before, so I wanted to give everyone a heads up about this site. You know, raise awareness and such. Anyone else ever have a problem with them?

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 18:17:42

Yep, they steal a lot of games, unfortunetly it's common these days, they also scammed a lot of flashers... did you know they never payed the author of snow blitz? and that they payed the author of crismon warfare just 100$ and claimed authorship over the game? it's not like they quit, they wanted to pay go0gley 150$ for raiden X, they really are bitches

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 18:17:48

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 18:18:14

Sue the bastards......if your drawings/flash were copyright u could im not aware on any other laws that will allow you....so far im sure that taking content is ok but is advised to ask permission first.....also if you are still credited i wouldnt be worried.

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 18:20:44

At 7/24/05 06:18 PM, -SmEeRgO- wrote: Sue the bastards...

good luck doing that P, the law expenses will totally top the income, and he's not even in your own country (if i'm not mistaken), he is a leecher, there are plenty, there is no real way around them... the problam with mofunzone is that they also scam flash authors... it's a problam

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 18:35:50

They also jacked Heli Attack 3 without permission from any of the development team. I had to actually tell one of the makers, and now Mr. Mo is acting all friendly to him. Mo also did this kind of thing to me when he was trying to make me sign one of his contracts... he's a lying, two-faced weasel.

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 18:37:31

well people should know not to sign contracts over the internet, if you don't trust someone don't deal with them, and most importently

NEVER, BUT NEVER! SIGN A NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT (AKA NDA)

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 18:37:47

That's why you stick a watermark or a link back to your site on a game. If you did that, you'd be happy that people took your game, because it'd be good publicity.

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 18:38:37

Mofunzone are fucking dicks. They do that shit a lot. I wish someone would hack them.

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 18:40:20

At 7/24/05 06:37 PM, SlicedOranges wrote: That's why you stick a watermark or a link back to your site on a game. If you did that, you'd be happy that people took your game, because it'd be good publicity.

That's funny, GoG sponsors "Mario Remix" he got payed for that, where did the logos go? (*poof*?)

and aside from the logos, he still have to ask permission from the artist rather then just act like dicks and forget it, when I talked to mo about it he mumbled something about too much games and sometimes forgetting if the author agreed... that's just nasty of them

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 18:57:05

They stole The Adventurous Adventures of Buttlock !

http://www.newground..l/view.php?id=234739

http://www.mofunzone..es_of_buttlock.shtml

those butt holes.

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 19:03:55

this will be hung on a page on newgrounds some day, I have ng's promise... meanwhile I might make some use of the testimonials I've collected, these 3 are regarding mofunzone

------------------------------------------
----------
Erik's Testimonial (ng sn stealthy_fish, infrarift member and goodASer)

At first I was offered less then 300 dollars for a full 3d action game in flash I worked really hard on by a site owner, I thought about it, and chose to not sign a contract. Later on after that I asked the site owner if I could place another game on his webpage for webspace, He told me yes, and asked if he could also sponsor it then and take authorship over it, It was pretty much money, and I almost took it. Another website found me and offered a better sponsorship deal, just sponsorship with NO authorship theft, I was easially convinced since I talked to many people who got scammed by that site owner, and I didn't want someone to take authorship over it.

300 dollars for my 3d game was absurd, and to think I almost the contract for my new big game, contracts are binding and limiting. I almost got scammed, people DON’T let someone author something that is YOURS! And never sign an NDA or a contract, there are many sites interested in your stuff, sites that will offer you more money over the game, sites that make you sign contracts often do so to bind you and limit you, I was lucky to hear about my mistake a second before I made it, others were not, please don't repeat their mistakes.

Today I am still working on my new game with my new sponsors, they don't bullshit me or change stuff in the middle and they don't pressure me or order me what to do, I hope that my testimony will help you make the right choice and not sign an NDA or a contract, if you have any questions feel free to contact me.
----------

Testimonial - Go0gley, creator of RaidenX

December 2004 - I received my first email from a website about buying a Flash game from me (most noticably a vertical-shooter), after seeing my experience from Raiden IIS. I was offered 200 USD and the purchaser wanted to take full credit for the game. No need for FLA source file. Signing by contract, deadline by February. Immediately, I refused of course - due to lack of time.
January 2005 - Production of RaidenX begins.
February 2005 - First RaidenX demo available - immediately I received another email. The purchaser cannot give a price yet, but I have to send the FLA file plus all other resource files, including fonts. Agreement by contract - purchaser takes full credit.
March 2005 - More progress of the game. Previous purchaser decides to even out the price to only 150 USD. I accepted anyway, just in case there are no better sites out there. But I promised him nothing.
April 2005 - I searched online for any available sites who can sponsor my game. Got a few results of course, most sites wanted to take full credit of the game and offered prices between 200 to 500 USD. 500 USD is a lot, but it didn't give me any temptation to throw my rights away. Another site allowed me to keep credit, but I have to show him everything (logo, website and even CORRECT links to his site) before he sends the money. That's identical to giving it away for free, as everything was pre-customised and we didn't use a contract. I was aware of being tricked, so instantly said no. (I asked him why I need to have the links ready - he said 'just to see if they work').
May 2005 - RaidenX completed, ready for sale. Out of the replies I got, I received a fair deal - a sweet site will offer me several hundred dollars and I take full credit for it. No need to sign any bloody contracts - agreement by email is fine. All customisation to be shown before money is handed over - but links aren't necessary. So I accepted the deal, and eventually sold it to them.
June 2005 - RaidenX released with the cool site's logo and links

----------
Evilludy's testimonial creator of LoTR battle and final fantasy sim date RPG

I had been devolloping flash games for quite some time when I got in contact with the owner of the site. A friend referred me to him, telling that this man would actually pay for flash games that I'd make. I was very exited at first, tough I had absolutely no knowledge of rights I would be selling and how much I should charge, so I just got along with the site owner's Idea of it.
Started working on my first game by then, I worked very hard and got a nice engine running. The site owner was satisfied.

"Finish this game and I'll buy it!"

is what I heard - I was very, very happy with this, so I kept working, and working, a few times untill deep into the night. The game was finished. I showed it to the site owner. What do you think I heard?

"I don't think I'll buy this game. It's engine is way to dull!"

I was shocked, not satisfied. I released the game as my own. I stayed in contact with the site owner tough I wasn't really exited from this point. I also realized that I would have been payed with jack shit. I kept designing games, off course. Untill one day I started to work on something that would need a server. The site owner heard about this and 'offered to host for me' on his server later. He could provide the space. I was grateful.
Then the day I would need the space came. I asked for it and referred to my chat log. The site owner got furious, called me a liar and some other things. All contacts were broken and I never spoke with him again.

I am glad that now, I have found a webmaster who is willing to pay a decent price, and not take ALL the rights of the game.
----------

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 19:14:01

WTF I THOUGHT MOFUNZONE ASKED PEOPLE FOR THERE GAMES NOT STOLE! OMFG THERE LIKE EBAUMSWORLD

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 19:18:52

At 7/24/05 07:14 PM, Spade_Squadron wrote: stuff in caps

actually, ebaums now asks permissions from what I understand... around 30% of the stuff on mofunzone was takes without permission , this is what I have been told... and so far it checks out right...

they also scam flashers, read the testimonials

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 19:27:41

Personally, I don't really mind if someone uses my games as long as they a) don't modify the game file and b) don't take credit for the game. I also like being asked permission as a courtesy and so I can keep track of where it's at, but it's too hard to be a control freak and try and harrass people who put your free game on their websites. It's not worth it and it's better for you if they do, as long as your game has proper credit and links in it.

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 19:37:23

yeah, but it's not the updated .swf file , he did give proper credit which is a suprise for me, but still he didn't ask for permission for around 20% of the games.

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-24 19:43:18

http://www.mochibot.com

this allows you to track leechers, it's not useful unless you hide it well... otherwise people will just remove it

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-25 06:58:14

A while ago, Mo threatened me saying he can start a 'painful war' with me as he has my personal details... well it's not that I don't have HIS shit either. :P

Even more amazing... he meant to say that he ACTUALLY BOTHERED TO READ ALL MY 2000 REVIEWS (for RaidenX) in hopes of seeing whether I'm still against him or something... I mean, I couldn't read all those reviews myself, no matter how hard I try. And to read all them just to find some evidence? Double lol.

Well actually, I'm trying to stop this fuss I'm having with him... we have done nothing bad to each other after all (although how he TRIED to trick me in the first place) but I guess the paranoid maniac is reading this topic right now so I'll do him a favour and STFU.

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-25 07:00:58

I smell a lawsuit....and cookies.

anyways yeah they're assholes.

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-25 07:39:11

meh, he threatened negativeONE too

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-25 08:23:49

yeh i've heard about this multiple times now, and remember an identicle thread.
apparantly, the 'owner', or the actual dude who steals all this shit is a real asshole...

i agree with what was said before - that site should be hacked.

oh, and the thief should have his testes removed via plyers >: (

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-25 08:30:59

At 7/25/05 08:23 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: yeh i've heard about this multiple times now, and remember an identicle thread.

He tricked me into asking james to delete it, acted all nice and changed, then I found out he's still doing this shit... and james even asked me "are you sure"... the NG staff always know...

apparantly, the 'owner', or the actual dude who steals all this shit is a real asshole...

Yeah, he sure is >:( he is probebly one of the nastiest people I know.

i agree with what was said before - that site should be hacked.

I don't want any legal shit, I think making people know is good enough.

oh, and the thief should have his testes removed via plyers >: (

lol

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-25 08:35:13

At 7/24/05 06:17 PM, -Dawkins- wrote: They steal a lot of shit.

They're good at that.

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-25 09:17:58

I could claim that we just fail at protecting it correctly.

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-25 14:09:40

At 7/25/05 10:10 AM, -KhAo- wrote: and nobody asked Inglor's permission to show it on this site! so yes mo is a real piece of shit stealer and should really get hacked and his website destroyed and his flashes deleted!

nobody asked for inglor's permission when krin allowed to mo to sponsor it either... ;(

Sinjid is open... anyone can have it.

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-25 14:14:07

At 7/24/05 06:38 PM, Sheck wrote: Mofunzone are fucking dicks. They do that shit a lot. I wish someone would hack them.

I would do that, if I had more experience hacking, and, I could get away with it... But I can't, we'll leave it to the Japanese, with their 1337 skills. :-P

life takes time.

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-25 14:16:46

Yup i go to that website alot of timesand i see alot of stolen games.Mofunzone doesnt only do that freeonlinegames.com does that too.They stole the maxwell edison story

FUUUUUUU...

Sig made by me, want one? Pm me, don't expect something really fancy though.

BBS Signature

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-25 15:55:07

I don't know about free online games (have you asked hot diggidy demon if he never gave them permission?) , what I do know is that sites like mofunzone exist, and though mofunzone is probebly the worst, he's not alone

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-25 16:02:33

At 7/24/05 06:15 PM, Phendrana wrote: Sup guys, this is the author of Mario Remix. Just found out that this mofunzone.com stole my game without permission. Apparently they've done this before, so I wanted to give everyone a heads up about this site. You know, raise awareness and such. Anyone else ever have a problem with them?

dude they steal everyones god dam flashes

Response to Mofunzone.com 2005-07-25 16:04:34

I fucking hate mofunzone, even tough I never sold him shit. (read my testimonail, or what the hell above) they reip you off if you custom design. They steal your flashes too.

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature