00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Eminem is planning to call it quits

3,353 Views | 50 Replies

DETROIT (Reuters) - Rap superstar Eminem plans to make his last solo performance in Ireland in September, the Detroit Free Press, his hometown newspaper, said on Friday.

Citing sources close to the 33-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, the daily also said his current album "Encore" would probably be his last as he moves to full-time work as a record producer.

The final solo appearance of Mathers, the best-selling hip-hop artist ever, would be at a concert in Dublin, Ireland, on Sept. 17, the Free Press said.

The newspaper quoted his manager, Paul Rosenberg, as saying no official decision had been made about the future of the Grammy and Oscar-winning artist who has recorded three top-10 albums.

But Rosenberg said Mathers' current multi-platinum album was "certainly the cap on this part of his career."

Mathers' spokesman at Interscope Records in Los Angeles could not immediately be reached for comment.

The Free Press said the rapper, who has sold more than $1 billion worth of records, has grown weary of the media spotlight and may be musically spent.

"Marshall feels he's said everything he can say as Eminem," one insider was quoted as saying. "The idea that he intended this ("Encore") to be his last record is something that everyone on the inside circle has known for a while."

Another source said "Encore," which was released last year, had been an especially difficult record for the artist to make. "Marshall really struggles to write for himself now, to speak through the voice of Eminem," the source said.

"He knows as well as anybody that there comes a point where you risk beating this thing to death."

The cover shot on "Encore" shows Mathers taking a bow, and its closing song is entitled "Curtains Down."

In the album's liner notes, and in his current concert tour, Mathers has also played up the figurative death of Eminem.

"This is how you go out with a bang, baby," Mathers says in one video," after pulling the trigger of a pistol that misfires on himself.

http://news.yahoo.co..nm/leisure_eminem_dc

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:25:26

Really when did you hear this?

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:25:55

why does this warrant an angry face?

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:27:56

good,one less wigger
now for goldencat to call it quits

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:27:58

HOORAY!

You made my day.

I GOT BLOOD ON MY HANDS AND THERE'S NO REMORSE I GOT BLOOD ON MY DICK CUZ I FUCKED A CORPSE

BBS Signature

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:28:02

i can't say i'm anypart disappointed

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:29:01

At 7/18/05 05:23 AM, Emo_Clock wrote: OH NOES!

One less untalented "artist" that we have to deal with, why could 27 and a half pence and all those other worthless fucks follow em.

BBS Signature

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:29:09

At 7/18/05 05:27 AM, Indian_Wrestler wrote: good,one less wigger

That's not so easy.He wont quit so easily.

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:29:32

I don't think he really will. If he does he still will make a great producer so it isn't like he won't be around or something.

Just not making his own albums.

I'm not conceited...I'm convinced.

Also, I like to use ellipses.......a lot...

Xbox Live: GreenLanternDSC

BBS Signature

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:30:29

At 7/18/05 05:29 AM, TrueHyperSonic wrote:
That's not so easy.He wont quit so easily.

nobody ever does.
remember when michael jordan retired like 8 times?
yeah. i think its gonna be one of those deals. except i bet eminem would make a better baseball player *ZING*

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:31:11

too bad. i personally dont give a fuck though.

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:32:07

At 7/18/05 05:23 AM, Emo_Clock wrote: Citing sources close to the 33-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, the daily also said his current album "Encore" would probably be his last as he moves to full-time work as a record producer.

/me charlie brown dances

I've never liked his music. It's always just been annoying, a new song will come out by him at the start of the day and by the end it will be on every radio station and they'll be playing it non-stop. And face it, he was going down hill anyways.

"I span the genre Vince. They call me the genre spanner."

BBS Signature

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:32:10

At 7/18/05 05:29 AM, -ReignInBlood- wrote: At 7/18/05 05:23 AM, Emo_Clock wrote: OH NOES!

One less untalented "artist" that we have to deal with, why could 27 and a half pence and all those other worthless fucks follow em.

*couldn't

God damn fucking typos.

BBS Signature

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:33:13

good, because he's too white to rap

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:35:48

...and he can go out with a bang seeing how his last video featured the crank yankers... gert

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:41:57

note to some people who are just plain ignorant (oh, yeah.....this is Newgrounds): I didn't write that. It's sad that he might retire, but at least he's qutting while he's ahead.

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:42:02

At 7/18/05 05:23 AM, Emo_Clock wrote: Citing sources close to the 33-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, the daily also said his current album "Encore" would probably be his last as he moves to full-time work as a record producer.

Turns from the performer to the producer.

Guess he finally admits he's white.

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:43:30

At 7/18/05 05:32 AM, Blue_Hoody wrote: And face it, he was going down hill anyways.

Sorry, but I have to disagree.

"If indeed Encore is his last official offering as Eminem, the 33-year-old, born Marshall Mathers III, will go out as the best-selling hip-hop artist of all time. His four solo studio albums--1999's The Slim Shady LP, 2000's The Marshall Mathers LP, 2002's The Eminem Show and Encore--have moved more than 25 million copies in the U.S. alone; he has generated sales of more than $1 billion worth of records. "

Link to the story I got it from.

BBS Signature

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:47:46

At 7/18/05 05:46 AM, Flak- wrote: Way to copy and paste. A simple link would have sufficed.

Read it again dipshit, I posted a link at the end.

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:51:51

At 7/18/05 05:46 AM, Flak- wrote: Way to copy and paste. A simple link would have sufficed.

1) Who died and made you a moderator?

2) Pasting the text with the link is superior to just a link because links can die with time.

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:51:52

lol.......thats right.

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:53:12

At 7/18/05 05:43 AM, TheSpectre wrote:
At 7/18/05 05:32 AM, Blue_Hoody wrote: And face it, he was going down hill anyways.
Sorry, but I have to disagree.

Info.

Snap. :o

I was talking about it from my perspective than anyone else's I guess. (Which happenes to be a rather uninformed one.) M&M always seemed to be throwing jokes this way and that through out his songs at first. I really didn't mind that as much, but once he moved on to the more emotional stuff, about his child and about his life I completely lost any interest I had to start with.

"I span the genre Vince. They call me the genre spanner."

BBS Signature

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:56:35

YAYz0r!!! NO MORE EMINEM!!

oh how i dislike him to the point i want to bite his shoelace

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 05:57:11

At 7/18/05 05:56 AM, Sharagoneal wrote: YAYz0r!!! NO MORE EMINEM!!

oh how i dislike him to the point i want to bite his shoelace

come here little kiddie, on my lap.

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 06:00:49

YEAH!!!! I get to go to his last concert in Slane.

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 06:12:00

At 7/18/05 05:53 AM, Blue_Hoody wrote: I was talking about it from my perspective than anyone else's I guess. (Which happenes to be a rather uninformed one.) M&M always seemed to be throwing jokes this way and that through out his songs at first. I really didn't mind that as much, but once he moved on to the more emotional stuff, about his child and about his life I completely lost any interest I had to start with.

Yeah, I can understand that. I actually like the more emotional and personal stuff however. Rap is already given a bad name for songs about cars, money, drugs, and etc. I also admit you are able to find a lot of this. But for those who are fans of the music, you can dive deeper and get past beats and hooks and find songs with meanings and stories behind them.

It is like a deep poem to me, but with a rhythm to it and melody. When I hear free verse poetry I hear the same thing as rap only I'm plugging in the melodies and unheard undertones where there are dramatic pauses and the words are flowing. It is a type of poetry to me that is able to be brought out in the number of "bars" where as poetry has "lines."

BBS Signature

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 06:43:49

thank god.. one lesser white man whos black on the inside... that sounds like someone else... but he got off the trial.... the neverland ranch was opened again...

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 17:09:13

At 7/18/05 05:51 AM, THE-KRAZYMAN wrote:
lol.......thats right.

ahaha i like golden cat hes funny as hell. u guys just dont seem to understand that hes makin fun of the wiggers. if u did understand that then u would like him to.

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 17:12:17

yeah its true... im sure he will come back though if he does decide to call ti quits

Just here to pass the time :)

http://www.faille.deviantart.com

BBS Signature

Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits 2005-07-18 17:16:47

meh, that sucks, hes a good rapper, i wonder what hes gonna do after he quits