• 58 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
GreenLanturn
GreenLanturn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 06:12 AM Reply

At 7/18/05 05:53 AM, Blue_Hoody wrote: I was talking about it from my perspective than anyone else's I guess. (Which happenes to be a rather uninformed one.) M&M always seemed to be throwing jokes this way and that through out his songs at first. I really didn't mind that as much, but once he moved on to the more emotional stuff, about his child and about his life I completely lost any interest I had to start with.

Yeah, I can understand that. I actually like the more emotional and personal stuff however. Rap is already given a bad name for songs about cars, money, drugs, and etc. I also admit you are able to find a lot of this. But for those who are fans of the music, you can dive deeper and get past beats and hooks and find songs with meanings and stories behind them.

It is like a deep poem to me, but with a rhythm to it and melody. When I hear free verse poetry I hear the same thing as rap only I'm plugging in the melodies and unheard undertones where there are dramatic pauses and the words are flowing. It is a type of poetry to me that is able to be brought out in the number of "bars" where as poetry has "lines."

I'm not conceited...I'm convinced.
Also, I like to use ellipses.......a lot...
Xbox Live: GreenLanternDSC

BBS Signature
Nightmare333
Nightmare333
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 06:43 AM Reply

thank god.. one lesser white man whos black on the inside... that sounds like someone else... but he got off the trial.... the neverland ranch was opened again...

The-good-die-young
The-good-die-young
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 05:09 PM Reply

At 7/18/05 05:51 AM, THE-KRAZYMAN wrote:
At 7/18/05 05:27 AM, Indian_Wrestler wrote: good,one less wigger
now for goldencat to call it quits
lol.......thats right.

ahaha i like golden cat hes funny as hell. u guys just dont seem to understand that hes makin fun of the wiggers. if u did understand that then u would like him to.

Faille
Faille
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 05:12 PM Reply

yeah its true... im sure he will come back though if he does decide to call ti quits

Just here to pass the time :)
http://www.faille.deviantart.com

BBS Signature
retiredhater
retiredhater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 05:16 PM Reply

meh, that sucks, hes a good rapper, i wonder what hes gonna do after he quits

Xeniar
Xeniar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 05:29 PM Reply

I really don't care if it's true that he is. His music was starting to suck any ways. I guess he has nothing to talk about in his songs now after he talked about his rough life. I think he knows that people don't want to hear him keep talking about stupid stuff anymore.Assssss like thaaat. <<WTF?

( 8

Running up that hill....
": ( number goes here"

BBS Signature
massacre-kid
massacre-kid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 05:54 PM Reply

if he goes out like dr.dre then doesnt that mean that theres a possibility to his return?

Eminem is planning to call it quits

FineAsFaux
FineAsFaux
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 05:55 PM Reply

thats a good thing.

I've been neglecting the BBS I've come to realize.

nfdgoins
nfdgoins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 7/18/05 05:55 PM, theplatinumragdoll wrote: thats a good thing.

yes it is

TropicalParadise
TropicalParadise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 06:05 PM Reply

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I love eminem I don't want him to go anywhere. At least he will still produce, and this means solo, so D12 will live on or I will explode.

BBS Signature
Thagomizer
Thagomizer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 06:45 PM Reply

At 7/18/05 06:05 PM, Less-than-three wrote: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I love eminem I don't want him to go anywhere or I will explode.

BOOM!!!

He could always come out of "retirement" and go on a collision course collab with a lame screamo(rock?) band, like Jay-Z did with Linkin Park.

BBS Signature
Xeniar
Xeniar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 07:01 PM Reply

At 7/18/05 05:09 PM, One_love wrote:
ahaha i like golden cat hes funny as hell. u guys just dont seem to understand that hes makin fun of the wiggers. if u did understand that then u would like him to.

<<<<#1 Goldencat fan right here. I love how people just hate him and it's even funnier when new people come over here and hate him when they don't even know who he is. GOLDENCAT FOR ADMIN!

( 8

Running up that hill....
": ( number goes here"

BBS Signature
wan-tan-soup14
wan-tan-soup14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 07:13 PM Reply

At 7/18/05 06:43 AM, nightmare333 wrote: thank god.. one lesser white man whos black on the inside... that sounds like someone else... but he got off the trial.... the neverland ranch was opened again...

Although it is true that John Lennon is god, i think what you said was kinda dicky. I mean, why is that an issue anymore? He doesn't go around yelling yo my n****z, let's get crunk! He made his own style of rap, i would say, or at least his personality was better than most. For a white man who's black on the inside, he's pretty mild. Look at Paul Wall.

my account password is

meatloaf1

ELP-Swordfish
ELP-Swordfish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 07:35 PM Reply

what? really?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Kronik-The-Echidna
Kronik-The-Echidna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 08:08 PM Reply

GOOD! I hope he calls it quits!

SirXVII
SirXVII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 08:11 PM Reply

Wah?

BBS Signature
EvilBerryClock
EvilBerryClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 08:13 PM Reply

his last concert is here in Ireland

dapperdan1
dapperdan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 08:37 PM Reply

it's about time, i think he should have retired ages ago

BBS Signature
evilrome
evilrome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 08:48 PM Reply

i say good ridence too him i mean does he need ne more money???

assonfire9111
assonfire9111
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 08:52 PM Reply

Good I'm glad eminem is going to die (not literally).

MrNibbles
MrNibbles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 08:54 PM Reply

Alright stop. Pajama Time.

Personally, I think Eminem lost his style (lack there of) after his movie 8 Mile. I think it's safe to say that it was a poor career move.

Auburn
Auburn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 09:14 PM Reply

At 7/18/05 05:25 AM, Crazy_Mongoose wrote: Really when did you hear this?

Yeah, what he said.

<deleted>
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 09:20 PM Reply

Thank god.
(at the sound of the news, all wars stop and the world joins back into one continent.)

<deleted>
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 7/18/05 05:16 PM, hater_in_a_tux wrote: meh, that sucks, hes a good rapper, i wonder what hes gonna do after he quits

*Falls on floor and begins to have a seizure. Then gets back up, grabs a chainsaw and hockey mask, and begins to immitate Jason.*

The-Wrathchild
The-Wrathchild
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 09:26 PM Reply

He's smart, he's is a great artist, but Encore was a little lacking and he realized that he is slowly starting to get "old." So he decided to quit while he's still famous.

KrackLzFun
KrackLzFun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 18th, 2005 @ 09:27 PM Reply

Yay, i fucking hate eminem.

retiredhater
retiredhater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 19th, 2005 @ 08:33 PM Reply

*Falls on floor and begins to have a seizure. Then gets back up, grabs a chainsaw and hockey mask, and begins to immitate Jason.*

lol?

Internet-1
Internet-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 19th, 2005 @ 08:35 PM Reply

You'd think the concert would be at some major-er city like New York.

Chris-Aldin
Chris-Aldin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Eminem is planning to call it quits Jul. 19th, 2005 @ 08:38 PM Reply

Yeah i heard, overall im dissapointed, i personally liked his music...

BBS Signature