00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JustSomeInternetdude just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

--> No More Sig Threads <--

34,903 Views | 192 Replies

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 03:41:22

You were right to do so, I was getting tired of these threads already.

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 03:43:28

how about allowing sig threads only to people who are regs (over a year in NG. over 2000 posts), most regs don't spam, I made a sig thread and it wasn't spammy at all...

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 03:46:39

At 7/3/05 03:31 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 7/3/05 02:58 AM, Enoll wrote: I know you're going to say no, but I'll ask anyways beaucuse people liked mine.
Why would you ask a question you know the answer to?

I felt like following the trend of not fully reading the topic before posting.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 03:50:41

At 7/3/05 03:46 AM, Enoll wrote: I felt like following the trend of not fully reading the topic before posting.

Unfortunately, it's become a way of life to most people here nowadays. Probably another factor in this decision. Nobody reads through signature threads, just posts and forgets about it. I'd say 1/4 post a request, 1/4 of that read through the thread fully, 1/4 of that get their request, and 1/4 of that actually check back to see their finished signature.

I don't participate in a thread if I haven't read through it in it's entirety. One of the reasons why I never got into doing requests for these sorts of threads, I don't always have the time or inclination to read all the crap in them.

BBS Signature

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 04:19:29

Thank you Shrike for just cutting out 60% of the BBS' spam. =)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 04:38:51

At 7/3/05 12:51 AM, TheShrike wrote: Today is a great day in NG history.
No more sig threads in General. None.

Hmmm, I guess it's a pretty good idea. The majority of these sig threads are crappy, and as has already been mentioned, there are 3 seperate threads in C & C anyway. The other day when I logged on, I saw about 4 - 5 sig threads on the first page of general, so I'm guessing you guys just got fed up with seeing them.

But, what I am thinking about are the themed sigs. Where someone has a set sig they will be making for everyone, I cant really see this working in the current set of C & C sig clubs. It's ok if a user posts, asking for a sig in these threads, but what about a larger undertaking, where a sig maker wants to make lots of certain theme? Also, there are lots of users making sigs; you don't think the relevant threads in C & C will quickly become over run and disorganised? I think this may be a possibilty.

Anyway, I still think it's a good idea, though it's pretty much removes sig makers from the general picture, and exiles them to the only moderately visited C & C. You said next was collab threads, but I only really see these in the Flash forum (not sure if thats what you are referring to, or not).

This doesn't really affect me anyway, as I always use sigs I have made myself, but still, I thought I would offer my opinion. I hope the mods don't get carried away with banning specific types of threads. Yes, it cuts out on spam, but at the end of the day, isn't everything on the BBS spam to a degree?

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 05:12:16

At 7/3/05 04:38 AM, -idle- wrote: Also, there are lots of users making sigs; you don't think the relevant threads in C & C will quickly become over run and disorganised? I think this may be a possibilty.

It's happened before. Except, more overrun with crap ass overindulgent requests, and shit fell to pieces. Ahhh, I remember my days as a founder of the ASM and a member of the SSM.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 05:49:48

well i know there are some shitty sig makers but i hate clubs n crews.. Just for gods sake dont ban 'i will draw you as' threads in general.. I would leave NG if you pulled that one :(

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 06:33:34

Fine, but now you are going to stop the processing of the vulgar sigs, like carmelhadinosaur's Lvl. sigs, BananaBreadMuffin's minimalist sigs and more, in the regular sig crews, no-one will take their sigs.
The sigs in the general forum are vulgar, they have made for all the NG community, when you go to the sig crews, you are probably looking for a one in a kind sig. You are destroying the vulgar sigs.

BBS Signature

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 07:36:22

At 7/3/05 05:49 AM, 13yRne wrote: Just for gods sake dont ban 'i will draw you as' threads in general.. I would leave NG if you pulled that one :(

That would be a huge loss, I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Those threads are 99.6% shit, as are all threads involving any sort of image program at all.

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 08:10:03

At 7/3/05 12:53 AM, Revrent wrote: good. most people in general couldnt make a sig worth a shit anyway.

Word. -_-

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 08:12:17

At 7/3/05 12:51 AM, TheShrike wrote: New sig thread = ban.
I don't know how I can be any more clear about this.
No more sig threads in General forum.

Yeah those Topics are starting to piss me off, its nonstop I tells ya!Haha..

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 08:15:44

At 7/3/05 12:58 AM, Razzzor wrote: Sucks for us people who can't make sigs, but it's for the better of Newgrounds.

heh, like me.... but im indiferent about it

Lol Myspace

Jemry is where children come from.

BBS Signature

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 08:20:00

At 7/3/05 12:54 AM, Pilot-Doofy wrote: Shrike, i worship you.

Juz lick that ass.

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 11:09:26

At 7/3/05 06:33 AM, Lidov wrote: You are destroying the vulgar sigs.

What?

Did you mean popular?

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 11:12:42

YES!! I hate those sig threads !!!

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 11:13:40

It's a shame really. There'll be no more sig trends, and no more massive long threads of people making sigs, and no more similar sigs on almost every user.

Why is this rule coming into place? What are the reasons, other than that sig threads exist in C+C? It's not like they were spamming the place up or anything. Just because 'we don't need them' doesn't mean that they didn't have a demand and that people didn't like them.

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 11:15:48

At 7/3/05 03:50 AM, Evark wrote: I'd say 1/4 post a request, 1/4 of that read through the thread fully, 1/4 of that get their request, and 1/4 of that actually check back to see their finished signature.

The odds are 1 in 256 that someone will read the thread fully, request and have it filled and come back? Sounds pretty accurate, the biggest factor being the 'read the whole thread' one. What are the odds of the lone 256th person actually wearing the sig for an extended period of time?

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 11:18:01

At 7/3/05 05:14 AM, Dobio wrote: Bleh, I like sig threads, I always got cool sigs from the cool peeps.

But, k.

Oh no! Dobio is revolting! Go Dobio!

VIVA LE REVOLUTION!

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 11:19:11

At 7/3/05 11:18 AM, -Morph- wrote: Oh no! Dobio is revolting! Go Dobio!

If by "revolt" you meant meek objection followed by consent, then yes.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 11:44:18

At 7/3/05 11:13 AM, Earfetish wrote: It's not like they were spamming the place up or anything.

Ah, yes they were. Not only were there the 8-10 sig threads on the first page alone the other day, we have been deleting countless absolutely shitty sig threads, and sig threads where the user never comes back to make a sig.

And think about this:

What is a signature? It is a way to stand out, to identify yourself. To be unique. When everyone has a template sig, that totally defeats the purpose.

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 11:54:07

At 7/3/05 02:19 AM, Scarface_666 wrote: How much do you wanna bet that like 5 n00bs are gonna try it after reading this post in the next day or so?

It will take me less time to ban them and delete their threads, than it took for them to write and post.

So... whatever.

At 7/3/05 04:38 AM, -idle- wrote: But, what I am thinking about are the themed sigs. Where someone has a set sig they will be making for everyone, I cant really see this working in the current set of C & C sig clubs. It's ok if a user posts, asking for a sig in these threads, but what about a larger undertaking, where a sig maker wants to make lots of certain theme? Also, there are lots of users making sigs; you don't think the relevant threads in C & C will quickly become over run and disorganised? I think this may be a possibilty.

Well, as far as bandwagon sigs or cookie cutter sigs, or fads or whatever is concerned, you can advertise them in your own signature. Kind of like elfer did with his banned sigs. It isn't uncommon for me to see a user with a link to a sig gallery in their signature. I don't see how this ban on sig threads will stifle the creation of new sigs, or sig trends, you can host your own sig making page anywhere on the net.

I hope the mods don't get carried away with banning specific types of threads. Yes, it cuts out on spam, but at the end of the day, isn't everything on the BBS spam to a degree?

No. Not everything on this BBS is spam. As for banning specific types of threads, meh. This won't happen every day.

At 7/3/05 11:13 AM, Earfetish wrote: It's a shame really. There'll be no more sig trends, and no more massive long threads of people making sigs, and no more similar sigs on almost every user.

Maybe you should create a sig-making forum and a .tk site.

Why would less look-alike, cookie-cutter sigs be bad? Isn't the signature supposed to help you stand out? I never imagined that NG was the kind of place to encourage that brand of conformity.

Why is this rule coming into place?

Because. There. Are. Too. Many. Sig. Threads.

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 11:55:26

I can't be a sig whore anymore :(

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 11:57:15

At 7/3/05 11:44 AM, Maus wrote:
What is a signature? It is a way to stand out, to identify yourself. To be unique.

"I don't need a 400x60 picture to express myself." ~ Tremour

When everyone has a template sig, that totally defeats the purpose.

Note it is still very possible to post a template signature in the sig crew, and distribute them to the population there. I don't think you, or anyone for that matter, is in the position to say using an unoriginal signature is wrong. Its just cosmetic, and people should be aloud to wear whatever picture they please. If following the crowd is what a user wants yearns to do, let them do so.

BBS Signature

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 11:58:27

At 7/3/05 11:44 AM, Maus wrote: What is a signature? It is a way to stand out, to identify yourself. To be unique. When everyone has a template sig, that totally defeats the purpose.

But still.

--> No More Sig Threads <--

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 12:01:17

At 7/3/05 11:56 AM, Hoaders wrote: HERE HERE!

And you have nothing relevant to say? Even with your freshly-tanked sig topic?

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 12:20:35

Hrm i'm not going to lie, im gonna miss the sig threads in the general section and well i hope requests arent going to clog up the ASM and BSM...

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 12:22:17

Thank you so much :D!!!

All those sig threads have been becoming very, very annoying. There has to be atleast 6 every hour.

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 12:23:43

Now how can i get a pokemon sig?

Response to --> No More Sig Threads <-- 2005-07-03 12:27:14

I don't really see what the problem is. I like sig threads personally. The good ones tend to stay around for awhile but the bad ones die quickly. I don't think they're much of a burden on the system.

At 7/3/05 01:03 AM, TheShrike wrote: Next up: Collab threads.

If you're talking about Flash collab threads you can't possiblely be serious...

And if you that is what you're talking about that's just fucking stupid.