00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Whraen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why worship god?

4,459 Views | 111 Replies

Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:45:28

Alright, I have to bring this up, it's been bothering me for a while and it keeps reminding me how stupid people are. What I'll be discussing and/or ranting about today is about worshipping god, hence the title I choose.

Why do it? Why do you worship god? Do you really think he cares, as an omnipotent being, why would he need worship? There is no true point to worship. You worship god for all the things he's made in the universe, like you and your posssesions and stuff. Did he ever ask to be thanked? no. Do you know why he never asked to be thanked? Because he didn't create us for us to be his personal cheering team, the only logical reason he created the world, was because he was bored. What other purpose was there to make us? With all the power he had at his disposal, he decided to use it, and so he created the universe, and later on, us.

THe only reason we made religion is because we were afraid if we didn't praise god, he'll get kind of pissed and hurt us. But we also loved god for all the little miracles in life he gave us, giving us positive and negative reinforcment to worship him. God doesn't need any worship, but he didn't stop us, he wanted to see how the world would go without his direct guidance. SO people just kept misinterpreting him, and believing he wanted us to live the way we were already living, so we misinterpreted that anything different is wrong and evil and will send you to hell if you do too much of it.

THis was just a loose idea, as god hadn't done anything that interesting for a while. THen a few years before what we would now declare A.D, A woman named Mary who seemed normal enough, commited the first documented example of what we call "cheating." Now back then, Marriage was a sacred thing, and anyone who would split apart or have lust for another person was considered bad. People back then were also extremely gullible, as lying was also a sin, and no one was too suspicious of liars because of that. SO then Marry accidently got pregnant after the one night stand, since she was tired of being a virgin, and claimed it was god who bestowed this miracle upon her, just not to get in a load of shit. THen all the morons of the past believed her, and they all believed Jesus was a miracle child. Jesus was brought up around this concept, and therefore felt he was special and needed to be a special person. So he helped everyone out and such, and then we had to sacrifice him for all our "sins" which god did not take personally, but if someone was a murdurer or has been a very negative influence on the world would have it coming for them at death, just so they learn in their next life. Then he came back 3 days later, blah blah blah etc. etc. people believed he was gods son and we all made a religion around this. Now because we sacrificed good old jesus, we thought we need to stop sinning, so we decided to make things stricter. We made a bible, telling us what to and not to do and gave people the delusion this was gods word, instead of the word of a bunch of random philosophers that thought they knew what god wanted, who weren't even working together, causing several contradictions in the bible. We now take this book as gods word, just because it's makers worshipped him the most.

All this time, god hasn't even said anything about it, and we just assume it's what he wants. SOme of it is, but most of it is just a bunch of crap that limits our freedom and is rascist to others. It has caused the denial of rights to gays, extremist cults like the kkk, the belief that all others will rot in hell, and lots of stereotyping and rascism. Why should god have a problem with other religions and gays and such, he didn't have a holy purpose to create the world, because before humanity there was no such thing as holiness.

You don't need to take religous teachings so seriously, all we need is the parts that have to do with our natural rights. TO all that read this, THanks. I hope you take what I have said and apply it to yourself.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:46:45

You could cut the teenage 'rebellion against religion and conformity' angst in here with a knife.

I used to be relevant.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:46:50

Tom Fulp told us to worship god.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:47:59

At 6/30/05 02:46 PM, scottmale24 wrote: You could cut the teenage 'rebellion against religion and conformity' angst in here with a knife.

lol, he like harry potter so i dont think hes a rebel

i signed up in 2004 you preteen cunts, get off my lawn

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:49:24

you can always worship God because he supports anal sex .

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:49:25

"Why worship god? "
Because if you don't he'll eat you!

BBS Signature

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:49:48

god who? who the fuck are you talking about and why are people worshipping this god? do you mean dog?

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:50:13

At 6/30/05 02:45 PM, -------Shadic------- wrote:

Do you know why he never asked to be thanked? Because he didn't create us for us to be his personal cheering team, the only logical reason he created the world, was because he was bored. What other purpose was there to make us?

God doesnt get bored idiot becuase hes not a person.
Its not a physicall and logical matter.
God is present spirtually and you are refering to the world we are in with logical arguement and profe for things.

anY way you beleive what you want but your arguement isnt very good

BBS Signature

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:51:01

At 6/30/05 02:46 PM, scottmale24 wrote: You could cut the teenage 'rebellion against religion and conformity' angst in here with a knife.

DId you read the post? Because I'm pretty sure you stopped after the first paragraph, am I correct?

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:52:23

If God is real, the reasons for creating everything would be too great for you to understand anyway.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:53:31

Yes he does care if you worship him because he loves the praise of his creation like the parent loves the love of his child. God is never too busy for his children and FUCK YOU ON QUESTIONING HIS FUCKING MOTIVES!!!!!

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:54:05

At 6/30/05 02:50 PM, BlueDevil222 wrote: he didn't create us ... God doesnt get... logical

blue devil the theist... wtf mate?

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:54:27

I think ppl should believe in god in case he actually does exist, so he won't be pissed at them and condem them to eternal damnation and all.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:55:07

why worship god....coz he owns your soul and if ur not carfull he'll rip that little bit of paper to shreads

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:56:02

if this "god" you people are talking about did exist, the "just in casers" would be in the deepest shit of all. get some conviction.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:57:21

Sheesh if you don't want to worship God then don't, no one else should listen to your ranting in some brash attempt to make others disbelieve God. Me, myself I don't believe in anything particular..

XBOX LIVE /// KevRS

BBS Signature

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:58:03

how do you fucking idiots know there is a god

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:58:35

We worship the Lord, bechose he is bigger and stronger than you! and yeah, invisible <3 sweet moves

Golden cow poop

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:58:56

At 6/30/05 02:54 PM, Kazera wrote: I think ppl should believe in god in case he actually does exist, so he won't be pissed at them and condem them to eternal damnation and all.

but if he/she/it really does exist and truly is omnipotent, then he could read our minds and know we were lying and then he would send us to hell.

:pwnage!

i signed up in 2004 you preteen cunts, get off my lawn

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 14:59:21

I just believe in god cuz it's an easier way to explain everything. How did the universe come into existence? God made it. That's easier than thinking up some asanine thing like the big bang.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 15:00:27

big bang is hardly asinine and makes a hell of a lot more sense than "god"

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 15:00:42

At 6/30/05 02:58 PM, bbeastieboy wrote: how do you fucking idiots know there is a god

my priest told me so

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 15:03:54

If you think about it, because size can be infinitely large or small, that means that everything exists somewhere in the infinitely large universe, meaning there is a god/ thing that created it all.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 15:05:53

At 6/30/05 02:51 PM, -------Shadic------- wrote: DId you read the post? Because I'm pretty sure you stopped after the first paragraph, am I correct?

No, I read the whole thing. Asshat.

I used to be relevant.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 15:07:14

some atheists say that science explains creation, and that there is no god... but god created science and everything else, so that proves ur stupid theory wrong.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 15:08:25

At 6/30/05 03:07 PM, Kazera wrote: some atheists say that science explains creation, and that there is no god... but god created science and everything else, so that proves ur stupid theory wrong.

I'm a christian, and even I found that fucking retarded.

I used to be relevant.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 15:08:36

I guess you didn't read the bible, or take history.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 15:10:21

I never said I don't believe in god mkay, I just don't see a reason to worship a random choice he made.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 15:16:09

ya, choose sides when war is waged in heaven. fallen angels and all. porr lucifer, he's almost human.

by the by, read Silmarillion and you'll see that ONE MAN can create a tome of religious infliction, whereas in the case of the Torah, New Testament, Veda, Upanishads, and many other religious text it took several people many ages to construct there fictional books.

Response to Why worship god? 2005-06-30 15:16:36

Oops bad typo there, I meant "fallible" - as in the Koran is fallible.