00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cdhoeh0112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MPAA and other Updates

6,631 Views | 39 Replies
Respond to this Topic

MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-13 20:52:08

Howdy! It is Friday night and I'm listening to the Super Fly soundtrack that I bought at an HMV liquidation sale. I also bought "Hercules in New York", featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role of Hercules - did you even know that movie existed? I sure didn't!

Anyway, it was a big week and I'm very stressed out. I went back to classes at Drexel (after a 9 month break to focus on Newgrounds), and I had my first quiz on Thursday. The class is scheduled to end at 2:50, but the teacher gave us the quiz at 2:45 and told us we had until 3:00 to finish it - real convenient considering I had to run home and call in to do an 3pm talk show with Bob Cesca from Camp Chaos!

If you listen to the show you'll hear the big news from this week (sorry I hadn't posted about it earlier) - I had a visit from an MPAA investigator! He didn't just visit me, he came to my parents' house first and then tracked me down to my apartment here at Drexel!

I knew he was on his way over, so I had to sit around for 2 and a half hours, scared out of my mind. I didn't technically have to speak with him at all, but I wanted to be cooperative - I just posted some Tom Green footage that wasn't supposed to be available to the public, after all. No need to have the FBI breathing down my neck about something like that, right?!

So the guy comes in and says, "Tell me who made the tape, or I'll kill ya!" ....oh wait, that was from Enemy of the State. Basically, he wanted to know who gave me the tape, and I honestly couldn't tell him. So he confiscated the tape and I signed some papers saying I wouldn't post the video anymore. I just hope that is the last I hear from them.

Anyway, that was my week. Check out McFretN's new movie, Brutality! If you like Dragon Ball Z at all, you will especially like this one! I am going to add it to the DBZ Collections page. Speaking of which, check out the collections! I have been continuing to change the color-scheme throughout the site, making things black instead of mustard. Keep giving me feedback, because your ideas could help sculpt the site as I make changes!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-13 21:14:42

Ha! Hurcules in New York!
What A crazy Name......
Ive Just made my new profile and hopefully ill be able to open my website that hasnt been opened yet at
www.aipyproductions.com .
What ever Happened to the MPAA anyways?

gotta go,

Am I Perfect Yet?

MPAA and other Updates

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-13 21:19:18

Whoa! U got problems, man! Wish u the best of luck.

BTW, everyone, it's not only Friday, it's GOOD FRIDAY... and also FRIDAY THE 13TH at the same time. Kinda weird, eh?

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-13 21:27:22

Whoa, hard week. Hope your next is better, Tom.

As for the layout, I prefer mustard. The black depresses me slightly. But that's just me.

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-13 21:36:16

Ah, and just b'cuz I think its so freaky and also because today is the freakiest of freaky fridays, here's something else that's freaky:
On the right, Steve Jobs in the 80s. On the left, Noah wyle, who played him in the TV movie Pirates of Silicon Valley. Freaky.

MPAA and other Updates

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-13 21:42:26

I meant, SJ on the L and NW on the R...even I forgot..

While I'm here: mustard is the best color, and frames = sohpistication, I say. No frames? what is this, 1996???

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-13 22:05:27

At 4/13/01 08:52 PM, TomFulp wrote: Howdy! It is Friday night and I'm listening to the Super Fly soundtrack that I bought at an HMV liquidation sale. I also bought "Hercules in New York", featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role of Hercules - did you even know that movie existed? I sure didn't!

Anyway, it was a big week and I'm very stressed out. I went back to classes at Drexel (after a 9 month break to focus on Newgrounds), and I had my first quiz on Thursday. The class is scheduled to end at 2:50, but the teacher gave us the quiz at 2:45 and told us we had until 3:00 to finish it - real convenient considering I had to run home and call in to do an 3pm talk show with Bob Cesca from Camp Chaos!

If you listen to the show you'll hear the big news from this week (sorry I hadn't posted about it earlier) - I had a visit from an MPAA investigator! He didn't just visit me, he came to my parents' house first and then tracked me down to my apartment here at Drexel!

I knew he was on his way over, so I had to sit around for 2 and a half hours, scared out of my mind. I didn't technically have to speak with him at all, but I wanted to be cooperative - I just posted some Tom Green footage that wasn't supposed to be available to the public, after all. No need to have the FBI breathing down my neck about something like that, right?!

So the guy comes in and says, "Tell me who made the tape, or I'll kill ya!" ....oh wait, that was from Enemy of the State. Basically, he wanted to know who gave me the tape, and I honestly couldn't tell him. So he confiscated the tape and I signed some papers saying I wouldn't post the video anymore. I just hope that is the last I hear from them.

Anyway, that was my week. Check out McFretN's new movie, Brutality! If you like Dragon Ball Z at all, you will especially like this one! I am going to add it to the DBZ Collections page. Speaking of which, check out the collections! I have been continuing to change the color-scheme throughout the site, making things black instead of mustard. Keep giving me feedback, because your ideas could help sculpt the site as I make change.

Hercules in New York:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004XMSC/ref=ase_imdb-adbox/002-47 24140-5529647 buy it on DVD!

MPAA and other Updates

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-13 22:59:17

F the MPAA. Kick him in the chin and tie his momma for having him!!!

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-14 00:16:34

At 4/13/01 08:52 PM, TomFulp wrote: Howdy! It is Friday night and I'm listening to the Super Fly soundtrack that I bought at an HMV liquidation sale. I also bought "Hercules in New York", featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role of Hercules - did you even know that movie existed? I sure didn't!

Anyway, that was my week. Check out McFretN's new movie, Brutality! If you like Dragon Ball Z at all, you will especially like this one! I am going to add it to the DBZ Collections page. Speaking of which, check out the collections! I have been continuing to change the color-scheme throughout the site, making things black instead of mustard. Keep giving me feedback, because your ideas could help sculpt the site as I make changes!

Hercules in New York, yeah, I think that I actually watched part of it. If it's the one that's dubbed over, it's practically unmatchable- though it's not the worst movie ever made. (That would be the Skateboard Kid, starring Dom DeLouse as the voice of the skateboard. Ewww... That sucked.)

And I hope you learned a lesson about the whole Tom Green's horse hand job footage. The next time you get unseen movie footage of a comedian yanking a barnyard animal, don't put it on the web site- leak it to the 700 Club so the studio will get boycotted. :) That would be a great addition if there were another Barnyard Shenanigans.

-Septy.

P.S. Brutality rocks.

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-14 00:56:18

What went wrong with my mario?
14/4/01 i made mario. strawberry_clock steals it. it stuffs up the portal. what went wrong?

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-14 01:15:00

i like the black better :)

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-14 02:24:55

At 4/14/01 12:16 AM, Septimus wrote: Hercules in New York, yeah, I think that I actually watched part of it. If it's the one that's dubbed over, it's practically unmatchable- though it's not the worst movie ever made. (That would be the Skateboard Kid, starring Dom DeLouse as the voice of the skateboard. Ewww... That sucked.)

-Septy.

OMG... Skateboard Kid was a horrid piece of shit. Baby Geniuses is still the top of my turdpile, though. That movie just plain pisses me off.

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-14 03:15:32

I wonder if the MPAA will find out about this edit

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/tomgreen_intro.html

slippy jenkins

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-14 05:34:51

At 4/14/01 03:15 AM, SJenkins wrote: I wonder if the MPAA will find out about this edit

Free promotion and exposure - only a pack of COMPLETE IDIOTS would bitch about that. It's the kind of thing that Hollywood used to dream about being able to do. HEHEHE, "there's no such thing as bad press" remember that. If MPAA has nothing better to do than piss on the little guy for promoting thier billion dollar cash cow than I say fuck 'em and boycot the fuckin' movie!!! I refuse to support stupidity in business.

Fuck 'em all witha big rubber dildo

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-14 12:00:52

Whoa! HMV in USA having liquidation sales?
odd....
Ya Tom, Arnold has a shite load of movies
people probebly never have heard of.
Same with tom green, jim carey, and a slew of others.

Oh ,and I also found this tutorial site for Flash.
I don't know if you've posted it before.
But I'm using it to build me web page.
http://www.virtual-fx.net/tutorials/index.php
ya....

ummm....
and on a stupid note.
i've been robbed of my Gold Points....
you know how many times i got to cash
in and still get squat....
i've been on nearly every day rating movies,
and just look at me damn points, 85?
no damn way! oh well..........
guess u kan't always win.

oh....... ever one will see my new movie trailer
soon. it's nothing like the horrible shite i posted before. lol. that stuff was garbage.

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-14 12:25:47

What A damn waste of Time!! When is that damn asshole
"Bob Cesca from Camp Chaos" gonna ever let you speak in your own intervue?!?!?! What AN ASS!!!!!!!!!

MPAA and other Updates

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-14 13:30:22

Hey Tom,

Just wondering, this might be a weird question for you to answer, but how do you do in school with all this website mayhem? Do you do well, or bad? Is your life a success, or one big failure?

Thanks,

Maniac4644

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-14 13:41:01

At 4/14/01 12:25 PM, OrtizAnimationZ wrote: What A damn waste of Time!! When is that damn asshole
"Bob Cesca from Camp Chaos" gonna ever let you speak in your own intervue?!?!?! What AN ASS!!!!!!!!!

Think of me as a guest - I'm not actually expected to do most the talking. It's Bob's show! Besides, I'm pretty shy. :)

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-14 14:11:42

yeah that black is better then the mustard

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-14 16:11:57

just to spit some facts out:
Hercules in New York, was arnold 1st movie, and since he couldnt speak english too well (worse than he does presently) they used a voice actor for arnold

also beside being a buffed machine of unstoppable muscle
arnold is also a republican!
BE AFFRAID BE VERY AFFRAID...

L7world.com

BBS Signature

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-14 22:59:07

I have been continuing to change the color-scheme throughout the site, making things black instead of mustard. Keep giving me feedback, because your ideas could help sculpt the site as I make changes!

I really can't notice the diffrence. I thought you were going to rearrange the frontpage? The earlier one you made looked preety cool although it could have been less simplistic. Long Live Newgrouns, keep up the good work.

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-15 02:38:06

At 4/13/01 08:52 PM, TomFulp wrote:

My response to this is.....

I listened to the show, it was a good one. Listen to it if you have the time (54 minutes) it cool. I think the whole MPAA thing going to your moms house was a bunch of stupid shit! Those MPAA babstards should keep to important shit. But i saw the footage and it was hella funny!

Thanx tome for the footage while it lasted!!!

MPAA and other Updates

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-15 07:33:17

Anyway, it was a big week and I'm very stressed out. I went back to classes at Drexel

Pobrito...yeah, my sister just started back at Drexel also. I'd say you could meet her, except she's less social than a hermit and lets her hulking jealous boyfriend follow her all over the place.

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-15 12:36:25

little buddy... is that you little buddy?!

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-15 17:02:35

MPAA and other Updates

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-15 17:27:58

Hercules in New York was a shitty movie, but it still fun to watch. They don't even use Schwarzenegger's name or voice, they use "Arnold Strong". Try to watch it so you can see Arnold's mouth move and an Old-West Cowboy voice come out.

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-15 18:35:45

I just want to take a moment to say that newgrounds has the best stuff. The people who owe this site is doing a good job and to all the people that make the movies, I want to say that you keep all the work up.

MPAA and other Updates

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-15 20:32:54

Frankly, no one gives a damn whether Newgrounds is yellow , black, or magenta. I sure don't. Newgrounds is the same Flash-a-licious fun whatever color it happens to be.
Oh yeah, it's about freakin' time you updated the "Features" section! Ya gotta love the Janet "outing!"

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-15 20:40:03

I always thought the "stolen footage" was a joke. I figured the company had leaked it to you. If it really is "stolen footage," you should have known better than to post it on a site with as much traffic as this one. Come on, Tommy-boy.

Anyways, when can we expect the suscriptions to begin? Do you have any idea yet?

Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-15 21:21:17

That sucks, having thr MPAA come to your residence!! FUCK YOU MPAA!!!!! Since, its on Friday the 13th, that is even scarier. Hmmmmm, how did MPAA find that Newgrounds is in Philly? They must have known somehow. Those assholes!! Once again to MPAA, FUCK YOU!!!