TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-16 08:02:25 Reply

At 4/15/01 05:27 PM, TheScrubbla wrote: Hercules in New York was a shitty movie, but it still fun to watch. They don't even use Schwarzenegger's name or voice, they use "Arnold Strong". Try to watch it so you can see Arnold's mouth move and an Old-West Cowboy voice come out.

OMG! I just realized... The DVD I got is "featuring Arnold's original audio track"... We were wondering why the DVD said "Also includes English, etc. etc. dubs"... We watched with with Arnold's real voice, but it sounds as if most people saw the "english dub". Wacky! I'm gonna have to rewatch it now!

-Tom

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
DaFreak
DaFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-16 08:49:48 Reply

Arnold-movies aren't really my style of movies
(except the Terminator series)
Hope you don't have too much cops at your door!
We don't want you too get in trouble.
hehe............sorry

P.S.:I stole this picture too so I hope that SWAT won't get me

MPAA and other Updates

Pantomime-Horse
Pantomime-Horse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-16 09:33:54 Reply

At 4/13/01 08:52 PM, TomFulp wrote:

. I also bought "Hercules in New York", featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role of Hercules - did you even know that movie existed? I sure didn't!

Sure Did, They over dubbed his voice with the tackiest American Acent they could, despite the fact he was playing a Greek, Those 60s & 70s ancient Greek & Roman Charecters always had tacky American accents, I think the movie is from 1971, or is it 1974?

Vanalund
Vanalund
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-16 12:17:44 Reply

Hi, Tom!

I am a huge fan of flash animation, especially of your site! Keep up the good work!

I'm wondering if you have done any new toons for the site recently, and by this I mean you personally.

Plans are also under way to design a site dedicated to link-up with other GODS OF FLASH and up-and-coming hotshot animators.

If any one has any kool links to killer sites, send them here:

vanalund@hotmail.com

Thanx!!!!

Shrapnel
Shrapnel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-16 20:41:07 Reply

At 4/16/01 08:02 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/15/01 05:27 PM, TheScrubbla wrote: Hercules in New York was a shitty movie, but it still fun to watch. They don't even use Schwarzenegger's name or voice, they use "Arnold Strong". Try to watch it so you can see Arnold's mouth move and an Old-West Cowboy voice come out.
OMG! I just realized... The DVD I got is "featuring Arnold's original audio track"... We were wondering why the DVD said "Also includes English, etc. etc. dubs"... We watched with with Arnold's real voice, but it sounds as if most people saw the "english dub". Wacky! I'm gonna have to rewatch it now!

-Tom

lol
Yea- the one I saw was with Arnold's voice dubbed in...
They did such a shitty job of it- it sounds disembodied. I didn't know they actually kept a copy with Arnold's real voice! Now why don't they keep stuff that's important... like a widescreen DVD edition of Transformers...

*sigh*

metallite
metallite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-18 11:04:51 Reply

I like the new color scheme, but the features page is wack. It look alot nicer when there was a Flash movie with all the links. And Hercules in New York is a great movie cause Arnold can't speak English. Its hilarious.
-doug

Astro-Princess
Astro-Princess
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to MPAA and other Updates 2001-04-25 02:33:44 Reply

>I also bought "Hercules in New York", featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role of Hercules - did you even know that movie existed? I sure didn't!
>
Hey Tom,
Actually, yeah I've heard of that movie. Seen some of it too. I think it was on some channel my parents got as part of our cable package a few years ago--probably "Encore" or some crap like that. It was pretty trippy to hear Arnold voice dubbed all weird 'cause I don't think he could speak much English at the time.

>The class is scheduled to end at 2:50, but the teacher gave us the quiz at 2:45 and told us we had until 3:00 to finish it - real convenient considering I had to run home and call in to do an 3pm talk show with Bob Cesca from Camp Chaos!

I hate it when professors do that!

And about that MPAA guy... I think I would have probably wet myself in that situation. I mean, it was just a clip, it's not like you were making any dough off of it.
By the way, I like the black color scheme. The mustard was cool and unusual, but it was getting annoying. It's stylish, and it highlights you nifty 8-bit Atari era icons. :-)

MPAA and other Updates

Haley87
Haley87
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to MPAA and other Updates 2007-07-10 01:38:50 Reply

Woah this topic is old, so this is how not-so-early NewGrounds was, when people used e-grammar. Sorry to bump this vey old topic, but something just commanded me to post. I don't know why though. : /

BBS Signature
Flee
Flee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Animator
Response to MPAA and other Updates 2007-07-10 23:24:40 Reply

At 7/10/07 01:38 AM, Haley87 wrote: Sorry to bump this vey old topic, but something just commanded me to post. I don't know why though. : /

Post Count 1-Up is why.

55555yuma
55555yuma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to MPAA and other Updates 2007-08-07 07:46:51 Reply

hercules in new york?

ha new signature!!!

BBS Signature
Skygee