00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KI1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,101,477 Views | 32,915 Replies

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 20:01:20

At 8/11/07 07:58 PM, Psytech wrote: The longest time I could ever sleep was 12 hours.

Heh.. well I have no motivation music wise, couldn't even open up FL..

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 20:02:56

Problem.

So I now have 2 computers. A brand new one loaded with Windows Vista, and works fine now. And just a couple days ago (I think) I got my computer loaded with Windows XP. With XP being the superior OS, i'd like to use that one. But on the problem is that the computer itself is pretty old. The specks; I think 128 MG of RAM, 6 GB hard drive, and a 333 Mhz processor. I'd hate to buy all the parts to make it a decent computer, but I'd also hate to get another brand new computer with Windows Vista. And computers with XP are hard to come by.

Suggestions?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 20:02:59

I guess Fl hates you now because you have no motivation to make music

=P

Find out your superhero name! Want to yell at me, comploment me, or what ever, just send me a PM! Collab between me and NaviJ11. Go check!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 20:07:57

Your statement made zero sense, Dan. I would make a very cheap computer, maybe for $500, and just throw in a Windows XP installation drive on that.

6gb hard drive, damn, I fill up at least 50 every month with samples.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 20:18:18

At 8/11/07 08:07 PM, DragonsGrief wrote: Your statement made zero sense, Dan. I would make a very cheap computer, maybe for $500, and just throw in a Windows XP installation drive on that.

6gb hard drive, damn, I fill up at least 50 every month with samples.

It doesn't make sense? I'm running Vista on what I call my "good comp", and I've grown a bitter friendship with it >:(

I just don't really want to buy a brand new one, then add on XP to it for +$200, or whatever it is. I just want to decide on upgrading the hell out of my current computer with XP, or buying a new one and installing XP for extra cash. Basically.

BTW, I'm not Milkman-Dan

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 20:23:40

At 8/11/07 07:25 PM, Tzunami wrote:
At 8/11/07 07:23 PM, Psytech wrote:
At 8/11/07 07:21 PM, Tzunami wrote:
At 8/11/07 07:00 PM, Psytech wrote:
At 8/11/07 07:00 PM, Dj-Svenzo wrote: I'm drunk
then make music.
Mistakes can become art ?
The beatles were drunk when they made music. (i think)
That's a shocker.. I wouldn't be surprised. There had to be some scandal that they got away with.

Correction, they were heavy influenced by mary-jane. Hopefully you all know what that is e.e

Sig=DJ REN

PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 20:27:56

At 8/11/07 08:18 PM, New-Milkman wrote: It doesn't make sense? I'm running Vista on what I call my "good comp", and I've grown a bitter friendship with it >:(

I just don't really want to buy a brand new one, then add on XP to it for +$200, or whatever it is. I just want to decide on upgrading the hell out of my current computer with XP, or buying a new one and installing XP for extra cash. Basically.

BTW, I'm not Milkman-Dan

I'm guessing Vista hates you.

Don't buy it, you can use an old disk more than once.

Yeah I forget, your names are too similiar.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 20:28:33

That's a shocker.. I wouldn't be surprised. There had to be some scandal that they got away with.
Correction, they were heavy influenced by mary-jane. Hopefully you all know what that is e.e

If you don't know what mary-jane is... lol.

And I thinks Everlasting-Elements has an emoticon just for him. e.e

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 20:38:29

At 8/11/07 08:28 PM, New-Milkman wrote:

oh..it's just a cute chick don't worry...=)

Speed Beast 2 ! <-- If you have a listen..leave a review.

PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 20:39:06

At 8/11/07 08:28 PM, New-Milkman wrote:

And I thinks Everlasting-Elements has an emoticon just for him. e.e

I thought that too when I put it, lol!
How you doing buddy?
I have to keep typing coz I'm too lazy to delete the above.
The whole... i dunnno

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 20:58:36

At 8/11/07 08:48 PM, Dj-Svenzo wrote: With this new design i dunno if i got any new reviews

yeah me neither...that sucks..

PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 21:03:29

At 8/11/07 08:58 PM, preffertobedead wrote:
At 8/11/07 08:48 PM, Dj-Svenzo wrote: With this new design i dunno if i got any new reviews

you can simply click "view userpage" in your account. then click your audio section.

Find out your superhero name! Want to yell at me, comploment me, or what ever, just send me a PM! Collab between me and NaviJ11. Go check!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 21:03:38

Scan all your songs every week or so for new reviews. With the old design, it never told me if I got reviews either.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 21:34:09

At 8/11/07 09:03 PM, DragonsGrief wrote:
Scan all your songs every week or so for new reviews. With the old design, it never told me if I got reviews either.

oh plz...u could look all ur songs..and u have an idea of how many reviews every song has..and when one song was used in some submissions u could see it clearly with the old design without having to go through each song....

i know my english sucks..

i second DJ-Svenzo ...the rest of you are just stupid bastards...

i don't like the new NG...so im leaving ..i mean i still will post in the forums but i wont submit more music..cuz this shit sucks.

PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 21:45:27

Rage said he would submit once the AP gets a better rating system. I wonder how many peole he's shot...

Anywho, a crappy portal isn't enough to get me to stop submitting. Other sites I've tried are just... somewhat emotionless. Newgrounds is good for ameture (sp?) artists, whether it's flash or audio, because users actually communicate with each other quite a bit.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 22:03:57

Agreed.

I tried AcidPlanet.com , it wasn't really much of a website. It's mainly uploading music and stuff. But here there's a lot more.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 22:25:27

Well guys, I'm back from vacation! I hope you are all happy to see me back, (yeah, not really) and I hope to make more music.

Um... Well... Not spam.

Soo.... Who is the best DnB producer? I am looking for some good ones, as I don't have any good professional Drum and Bass now!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 22:58:46

Soo.... Who is the best DnB producer? I am looking for some good ones, as I don't have any good professional Drum and Bass now!

I like Karbon a lot. He has a lot of good dnb songs. Check him out and welcome back!!! I missed you <3

New dance remix Click me

my site forums =)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 23:24:48

At 8/11/07 10:58 PM, Nyth-Pinank wrote:
I like Karbon a lot. He has a lot of good dnb songs. Check him out

Yeah, he is good, but he is not professional. I meant somebody who you can, say, buy on itunes!

and welcome back!!! I missed you <3

Thanks!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-11 23:38:20

At 8/11/07 11:24 PM, navij11 wrote:
Yeah, he is good, but he is not professional. I meant somebody who you can, say, buy on itunes!

You mean.. a commersial artist?! OMG run! I dunno, couldn't some of Newgrounds people have almost as good as professional sounding DnB? I actually don't know any pro DnB-ers myself.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-12 00:21:55

Zenon's just posting to say that all of you guys that claim to have "writers block" have no idea what they're talking about. Chances are that you've only made under 30 songs >:(

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-12 01:23:03

At 8/12/07 12:21 AM, ZENON wrote: Zenon's just posting to say that all of you guys that claim to have "writers block" have no idea what they're talking about. Chances are that you've only made under 30 songs >:(

I have 31, half are on here. :\

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-12 01:33:08

At 8/11/07 11:24 PM, navij11 wrote:

Renegade Hardware's back catalogue is all up on iTunes, so you can get plenty of drum n bass there.
Unknown Error
Spor
Noisia

But iTunes is a very limited resource for drum n bass. If you want to buy mp3s, you'll be much better off on Beatport.com. Beatport has practically every release that's been put up as mp3. There are still some songs you can only buy ono vinyl, though. To buy vinyl, go to junorecords.co.uk, chemicalrecords.co.uk, redeyerecords.co.uk, or go to the artist's MySpace and find a link there.
Some more artists:
Calyx
Teebee
Ed Rush & Optical
Evol Intent
Apex
Ewun
Phace
Black Sun Empire

also check out LiftedMusic.co.uk for pure dnb awesomeness.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-12 01:48:31

At 8/12/07 01:33 AM, StereoTactik wrote: Some more artists:
Calyx
Teebee
Ed Rush & Optical
Evol Intent
Apex
Ewun
Phace
Black Sun Empire

Don't forget Technical Itch! Mmmm...Russia...
Thanks for the artist list, btw

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-12 02:41:30

if you want some really awesome techstep, check out desimal.

he actually committed suicide a year or so ago, and a site is up that showcases pretty much all of his tracks for free download. :)

http://www.grahammarch.com/music.php

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-12 02:45:14

At 8/12/07 02:41 AM, cornandbeans wrote: if you want some really awesome techstep, check out desimal.

he actually committed suicide a year or so ago, and a site is up that showcases pretty much all of his tracks for free download. :)

http://www.grahammarch.com/music.php

not that him committing suicide is a positive note or anything...

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-12 02:52:21

At 8/12/07 02:45 AM, cornandbeans wrote: not that him committing suicide is a positive note or anything...

if it gets me free music, then yes.

for legal purposes, i was kidding.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-12 03:00:14

At 8/12/07 01:33 AM, StereoTactik wrote: But iTunes is a very limited resource for drum n bass. If you want to buy mp3s, you'll be much better off on Beatport.com. Beatport has practically every release that's been put up as mp3. There are still some songs you can only buy ono vinyl, though. To buy vinyl, go to junorecords.co.uk, chemicalrecords.co.uk, redeyerecords.co.uk, or go to the artist's MySpace and find a link there.
Some more artists:
Calyx
Teebee
Ed Rush & Optical
Evol Intent
Apex
Ewun
Phace
Black Sun Empire

Future Prophecies
Roni Size (if you like hip-hop too)
Concord Dawn
ILL.Skillz
State of Mind
Squarepusher (isn't DnB, but I'm quite sure you'll like it)
Seba (awesome, ambient-ish DnB)
Dom & Roland
Konflict (Messiah _O_)
Hive
Rawthang
Ed Rush & Optical

And I'll stop now ;)

Worship.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-12 04:12:14

At 8/12/07 12:21 AM, ZENON wrote: Zenon's just posting to say that all of you guys that claim to have "writers block" have no idea what they're talking about. Chances are that you've only made under 30 songs >:(

You may have the most songs submitted, but not everyone is like you. Some can make a song easy, when others can't. It's just the facts.

Sig=DJ REN

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2007-08-12 05:37:56

When i first started submitting to the ap (like a month or so ago..... im new! somebody shoot me!).... i was submitting music like crazy, but id rather have a good portfolio of work than hundreds of average songs and seeing as you cant remove songs at the moment, ive decided not to submit anything more until i can. Sometimes i find that at midnight when im not thinking straight, il end up submitting a song which sucks crap and il regret it in the morning (and its even worse for me... because i sing on alot of my tracks.....<--- and i dont have a particularly good singing voice lol, so it can be incredibly embarassing when i wake up and realise what ive done).

Anyway, thats my rambling for one day done.