00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Show NG your instrument!

141,877 Views | 821 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-03-09 15:37:37

This thread makes me depressed because my setup is so messy compared to everyone else

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-03-09 16:59:35

At 3/9/11 12:10 PM, joshhunsaker wrote: just finished setting up the new arrangement...

Why is your keyboard so high?

And damn, Nice clean setup. I'm jelly.

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-03-09 18:39:53

At 3/9/11 10:07 AM, brokendeck wrote: Is it essentially a custom 350 then? Love the bee-yellow btw. :P

ehhh, I'd still be inclined to call it a parts mutt. A sexy yellow parts mutt ;D

Nice setup Josh, how are you finding the saffire? I picked up the 24 model for cheap, thinking it was the dsp version (it wasn't) I was looking forward to trying out the emulated speaker models on my headphones (which are supposed to be quite realistic from what I've heard), but alas, 'twas not to be. It's still a bitching interface though!!!

Oh and are those the speakers you linked to in that other thread? Very nice :)

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-03-10 11:39:53

At 3/9/11 06:39 PM, jarrydn wrote: Nice setup Josh, how are you finding the saffire? I picked up the 24 model for cheap, thinking it was the dsp version (it wasn't) I was looking forward to trying out the emulated speaker models on my headphones (which are supposed to be quite realistic from what I've heard), but alas, 'twas not to be. It's still a bitching interface though!!!

Oh and are those the speakers you linked to in that other thread? Very nice :)

The saffire is awesome. Sounds fantastic in terms of I/O and is extremely stable (unlike most m-audio interfaces I've used which suck). It's perfect for what I need really. And yeah, those are the speakers from that ebay auction. They sound pretty dang nice!!

At 3/9/11 04:59 PM, brokendeck wrote: Why is your keyboard so high?

And damn, Nice clean setup. I'm jelly.

It's sitting about the same hieght as before I think. Almost exactly. The funny thing about the setup is how much everything cost. I got everything either on huge sale or used for dirt cheap:

Awesome Desk: $99
interM R150 Plus amp: $60
Saffire 10: $165
Hosa PZM-8 monitors: $136
(2) HP LP2065 computer monitors: $160 (this was a phenomenal deal)
Oxygen 61 keyboard: $150
Main computer rig: $350
Acoustic Foam: $50
D-Link router: $10
Monster Power conditioner: $75
APC Line-R 1200 conditioner: $50
Perma Power AVR: $40

Total: $1345

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-03-10 13:45:50

I see this mistake very often. Your playing keyboard should be roughly the same height as where your elbows should be, not way up where you have to reach towards shoulder height and so forward. If anything, your typing keyboard and your playing keyboard should switch places.

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-03-10 14:43:17

At 3/10/11 01:45 PM, brokendeck wrote: I see this mistake very often. Your playing keyboard should be roughly the same height as where your elbows should be, not way up where you have to reach towards shoulder height and so forward. If anything, your typing keyboard and your playing keyboard should switch places.

I'd have to agree with this. Sometimes, improper posture can lead to arthritis and shit in the future. Then again, just playing an instrument can lead to arthritis...

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-03-10 18:02:11

I don't why I didn't think of this sooner, but I was looking for a way to play my doumbek standing up/walking, and I couldn't think of how to do it without drilling holes and affecting the sound. Two months later I randomly realize I could use rope and duct tape.

Dumbass LD >.Mid-East"

Show NG your instrument!

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-03-10 18:04:31

This bugs me every time I see this thread appear.

Look I would be happy to show you my *instrument* but I would be banned and probably arrested considering my age.

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-03-10 18:36:54

Old thread, but here's my gear minus one acoustic that's at my parents' house.

Show NG your instrument!

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-03-11 10:12:36

At 3/7/11 12:23 AM, Psil0 wrote:
At 3/6/11 07:47 AM, Dannyboi93 wrote: My equipment ;) purely used for the production and performance of techno
Very nice!

Thank you very much ^^

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-03-11 18:01:30

Wait, what? How long did it take you to think of THAT? My image of your intelligence is ruined...

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-18 19:24:08

At 3/10/11 06:36 PM, picklesandwichh wrote: Old thread, but here's my gear minus one acoustic that's at my parents' house.

i have never seen a see through guitar in my god damn life.

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-18 22:44:56

FL Studio V-10 and some 8 or 9 dollar heapbuds from Walmart xD

Show NG your instrument!

Positive feedback, positive feedback!!

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-19 05:28:13

At 3/10/11 06:04 PM, SBB wrote: This bugs me every time I see this thread appear.

Look I would be happy to show you my *instrument* but I would be banned and probably arrested considering my age.

I'm sure everyone would love to see your hairy banjo

BBS Signature

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-19 06:42:06

Here's some pictures of my shit:
laptop/monitor
bass/ukulele/keyboard

i moved it all into my room (pictured is a section in the dining room). no monitors or anything yet, just a pair of cheap sennheisers and a 5.1 surround sound system with a subwoofer. not exactly a professional setup, but it all gets the job done to a certain extent.

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-19 07:04:17

I have an Ibanez BTB205 bass, an Epiphone Les Paul Special II guitar and an M-Audio Oxygen 49 midi keyboard. I'm running a PC and using FL Studio, Ableton Live and Pro Tools.

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-19 11:42:01

a 4ft didgeridoo, acoustic guitar, accordion and fl studio 10, i'm to lassy to uploads pics. I mispelled cuz mischpeeling iz cools

apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-19 12:25:16

At 8/19/11 12:15 PM, Computer112 wrote:
CME UF8.

hey, me too! Sucks, doesnt it?

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-19 12:32:56

I don't know what those things are but I hate software, its so boring sitting in front of a computer and using an fvking touchpad/ mouse to sequence everything

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-19 13:06:57

This is my Yamaha psr E413 and I love it!

Show NG your instrument!

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-19 22:28:32

This is where I've been spending a lot of my time recently

(sorry, fisheye was designed for iphone 4, and I have a 3GS lol)

Show NG your instrument!

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-19 22:37:46

At 8/19/11 10:28 PM, jarrydn wrote: This is where I've been spending a lot of my time recently

I'm surprised to not see any acoustic treatment. Now why would an acoustically intelligent person like yourself not have that? Just curious

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-19 22:48:01

At 8/19/11 10:37 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: I'm surprised to not see any acoustic treatment. Now why would an acoustically intelligent person like yourself not have that? Just curious

Yeah, I was agonizing over it for a while. For ages I've been wanting to stick in some dirty big bass-traps, but over the past year or two I've managed to cut out a lot of the issues that have been plaguing this room. The whole room has been arranged around the speaker positioning. The speakers are more or less in the most ideal place in this room.

I've decoupled the speakers acoustically from the desk with some nice dense foam blocks (poor mans MoPAD :P). I've also blocked up all the ports on my monitors and my sub to reduce the bass extension.

Standing waves were a bit of a problem for a while, but since the last overhaul, they seem to have disappeared. I put it down to utilizing the corner spaces of my room a bit more effectively...there must be some funky diffusion or something going on.

I also just got a nice set of KRK cans which I've been using to reference, and mixing on either those, or my monitoring setup, results in a nicely balanced mix either way. The only thing holding me back now is my actual technical ability hahaha!

I'll probably be buying some smaller drivers at some point as well...I think 8 inch drivers might be a bit too big for this room.

I will be designing and building a proper studio space when we build a house, and will fully incorporate acoustic treatment into the design :)

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-20 12:35:30

At 8/19/11 10:09 PM, Computer112 wrote:
At 8/19/11 12:32 PM, dontpanic01 wrote: I don't know what those things are but I hate software, its so boring sitting in front of a computer and using an fvking touchpad/ mouse to sequence everything
Boring doesn't make your music better and it only helps to waste more of your breath, time and money.

Not every musician has enough money to buy a grand piano or violin while I can get the library sample with half the price of those.

I agree with you 100%, it ridiculous how much instruments cost, but you can get an okay guitar, keyboard and/or a hand drum for an affordable price, it doesn't hurt to have at least one instrument. Being able to play something in real time can help with composing rhythms and melodies. And lastly you don't need tons of expensive toys to be a great musician

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-20 12:58:04

HUGE upgrades to the studio. Will take pictures as soon as I can figure out how to organize it. My "Executive" desk sucks for this because I can't even fit half this stuff on it. Damn single tier desks. I might have to crudely fashion a really tall second tier for it. Either that or buy a new desk.

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-20 13:32:18

aaa

Show NG your instrument!

BBS Signature

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-20 14:52:01

as the above picture shows you can also use your computer keyboard as a piano :D

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-22 08:59:44

Bet none of you use lego keyboards!

Show NG your instrument!

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-22 12:15:47

I got 284 jizzfactory midi keyboard/sampler for $500 it has 3 vocoders, mutli effect processor unit and audiowave graintable manipulator with a unique virtual effect modulator interface

here's the pic

Show NG your instrument!

Response to Show NG your instrument! 2011-08-22 14:54:18

I recently got this badass Seagull Entourage Rustic, acoustic-electric. It's been my primary guitar ever since I got it, it's just amazing. The build and finish is like that of a $1000+ guitar, and I think I might marry it.

I don't have a pic on hand, it's out in my car, so here's a pic of the same model from the web:

Show NG your instrument!

It never got weird enough for me - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

The 5-Hour Collab

BBS Signature