00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

biimooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,923 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-19 21:34:05

Or you can just use the automation tutortial .flp I provided in the first post of this or last past.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-19 21:57:34

At 2/19/07 09:12 PM, Stealth-Emergence wrote:
it you ware wanting to know about many features, break it down a little and focus on a bit at a time, until you understand that a bit more, then move onto the other features you're unsure of.

but for now, if you're still wanting to about these things, could you give a break down of your questions in this thread?

Thanks!

Sorry, i was moving a bit quick when i typed that last post out. I do have a bunch of questions:

- how to make a channel in a specific pattern change sound/volume over time (something about automation?)

- how to use sytrus to make my own samples

-how to "tweak" (for lack of a better word) pre-existing samples

-any sites with free decent samples

I'd like to focus on those for now. thanks for the help.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-19 22:50:39

At 2/19/07 09:57 PM, coalth wrote:
Sorry, i was moving a bit quick when i typed that last post out. I do have a bunch of questions:

It's ok =)

- how to make a channel in a specific pattern change sound/volume over time (something about automation?)

Automation clips are the easiest way I know. Right click the channel volume and select "Create Automation Clip" and then at the bottom of the playlist click and your auto clip will appear, then you drag the line to your liking =)

- how to use sytrus to make my own samples

Tweak all the little knobs ;)

-how to "tweak" (for lack of a better word) pre-existing samples

Just mess with the knobs on it and stuff dude =)

-any sites with free decent samples

Yes, here you can find just about anything.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-20 03:08:44

It's your Audio Buffer.
Go to Options in FL Studio, then Audio Settings, then increase your Buffer length. Probably to 75%

ive done that

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-20 08:29:24

Hay can some one help me out? I need to know stuff about VST's and other add ons. If possible if there is some one willing to be a mentor or somthing send me a pm and we try to hook up through MSN or AIM please. Thanks

Too true:

SCUD14 wrote: I got kicked out a bookshop because someone misplaced the bibles. I returned them to their brethren in fiction.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-20 08:43:15

At 2/18/07 07:37 PM, SuperAlt wrote: sometimes my sounds continue even if they are not on the playlist anymore :S

they are on beats 1 -3 and then its something else 4-6 on another layer, but the thing on 1-3 continues.

can someone help? cut itself is selected btw

Try to put all the sounds that are going on in a piano roll rather than the drum-layout.
That should do the trick.. When you encounter this problem again, just right-click and pianoroll.
(Keep an eye out for your channels with Loop stuff on, when you open the channel and see the wave cutted with a red line at the right and left, it usually goes wrong when not putting the scores in the piano-roll )

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-20 08:45:05

At 2/18/07 05:38 PM, zef7 wrote: Sorry,I'm too laszy to read all the page of this topic and this question has probably been asked before but I'd like to know if there is any instrumen (like toxiclll or simsynth) whre we can make guitar sounds??

Thanks in advance

Ofcourse :)
You could use slayer, a standard FL plugin, but if you want more I suggest searching on the web for 'VSTI guitar' or something. Their usually easy-to-install .bat files (just copy them into the data->plugins->VSTI directory with all those other .bat)
A good site: kvraudio.com ;)
Good luck

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-20 12:58:37

VSTs are .dll extensions, lol.

Automation can be more tricky than described above. Just download the file I posted on page 31.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-20 17:09:12

Ive never used the program before is there anywhere where I can find a guide?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-20 18:08:40

I'm sorta a noob at Fruityloops so I might feel stupid but I accidently clicked on Fruity Vocoder so now everytime I open Fruityloops, it brings me to the vocoder screen instead of just my default kick, hi-hat, clap, and snare. How do I fix this?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-20 18:41:08

You can't just read a guide and get good at FL Studio. It takes experience as much as natural talent.
Google FL Studio tutorial, you'll find something..

Person who messed up their template -

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-21 09:00:37

At 2/20/07 12:58 PM, DragonsGrief wrote:
Automation can be more tricky than described above. Just download the file I posted on page 31.

No that is how you can automate anything in FL studio. Aside from Outside VST's.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-21 13:04:05

At 2/21/07 09:00 AM, Unheard-Echos wrote:
No that is how you can automate anything in FL studio. Aside from Outside VST's.

You can't automate anything outside of FL Studio. I tried, with several VSTs.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-21 17:48:32

At 2/21/07 01:04 PM, DragonsGrief wrote:
At 2/21/07 09:00 AM, Unheard-Echos wrote:
You can't automate anything outside of FL Studio. I tried, with several VSTs.

That's what I said. You can't automate outside VST's. Unless you do volume or fx on them.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-21 18:42:32

At 2/21/07 05:48 PM, Unheard-Echos wrote: That's what I said. You can't automate outside VST's. Unless you do volume or fx on them.

Oh, I thought you was saying there was a way to automate them. Wordplay >:L

Since nobody answered my thread, I'll ask here.

I have the full FL Studio 6. Image-Line won't let me download the full version of 7.
Fix please.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-21 20:08:56

At 2/21/07 06:42 PM, DragonsGrief wrote:
I have the full FL Studio 6. Image-Line won't let me download the full version of 7.
Fix please.

Pay for it

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-21 20:30:16

At 2/21/07 08:08 PM, Unheard-Echos wrote:
At 2/21/07 06:42 PM, DragonsGrief wrote:
Fix please.
Pay for it

How do I make them live up to their bullshit guarentee of lifetime free updates!@?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-21 20:59:11

Where can I find a normal snare? I really want one but can't ever find a proper one, the one used normally.

Too true:

SCUD14 wrote: I got kicked out a bookshop because someone misplaced the bibles. I returned them to their brethren in fiction.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-21 21:08:51

At 2/21/07 08:59 PM, HiniberusDelius wrote: Where can I find a normal snare? I really want one but can't ever find a proper one, the one used normally.

Here

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-21 21:14:56

At 2/21/07 01:04 PM, DragonsGrief wrote: You can't automate anything outside of FL Studio. I tried, with several VSTs.

Believe it or not, you can do it by hand >:| Obviously no one is hardcore enough to have had to do all the automations with FL 3 or 4 where there was no "automation clips".

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-22 06:35:40

I need a "oomph" kick sound. does anybody know where i can download it?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-22 13:04:43

At 2/22/07 06:35 AM, DeadlyShadow wrote: I need a "oomph" kick sound. does anybody know where i can download it?

Synthesize it, or use Fruity Kick with Fruity Bass Boost and Blood Overdrive, and Free Filter. Works for me.

Or just use a sample, google "Kick sample" or something and listen to it all until you find one you like.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-22 18:33:07

Where can i find a real Heavy Metal Bass Drum? One that kinda clicks like in some heavy metal bands. And how do i replace the old bass drum with a new one in FPC??

It's yo boy

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-22 19:06:57

what are the best samples to use for a DnB song? like outta the superdrum 8k cd.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-22 21:22:10

At 2/22/07 07:06 PM, Spikrodd wrote: what are the best samples to use for a DnB song? like outta the superdrum 8k cd.

Fruity Kick for the kicks, some samples tweaked with effects that came with FL are good.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-22 23:53:11

At 2/22/07 07:06 PM, Spikrodd wrote: what are the best samples to use for a DnB song? like outta the superdrum 8k cd.

I think you should try and find the pendulum drums. I think they sound awesome and I have had them for a long time now.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-27 16:14:07

I just downloaded the demo of Fruity looops and for some reason it doesn't play midi's but it can play MP3s. Well actually it plays the midi's but there is no sound for them how do I correct this problem?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-27 16:57:41

At 2/27/07 04:14 PM, Zeromus wrote: I just downloaded the demo of Fruity looops and for some reason it doesn't play midi's but it can play MP3s. Well actually it plays the midi's but there is no sound for them how do I correct this problem?

You have to assign instruments to the channels.

Like when you first import your midi file, you'll notice on the step sequencer, a number of channels that are associated with that particular midi file.

All you need to do is right click on those channels and select "replace" then choose your instrument

Or navigate through the browser, find an instrument you want to use, and then just drag and drop it onto the channel(s) you wish to place that instrument on.

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-27 19:03:55

At 2/27/07 04:14 PM, Zeromus wrote: for some reason it doesn't play midi's

correct me if I'm wrong but midi's don't play sound, it has to be "activated" by something such as a keyboard or somethin' along those line.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-27 19:08:14

At 2/27/07 07:03 PM, gross wrote:
At 2/27/07 04:14 PM, Zeromus wrote: for some reason it doesn't play midi's
correct me if I'm wrong but midi's don't play sound, it has to be "activated" by something such as a keyboard or somethin' along those line.

well midi files contain the data that represents the notes, velocities and the tempo.

with which you can just select instruments to go onto the channels within the midi

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature