00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YoungInfamous just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

663,578 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-03-31 08:24:11

At 3/20/14 09:52 PM, Sleepycoaster wrote: I need help recreating a sound using 3xosc.

The sound I want to recreate is in this BGM from the video game Monster Tale:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC9wuZ1rDmw
It comes at the 15 second mark, and isn't one of the drums. It's the open, resonant sound. I feel like it could be recreated using basic waveforms and some decay. Does anyone recognize it?

Try using combinations of sinus and triangle, and add a slight bitcrusher. I haven't succeeded yet but I think this is the way to do it.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-02 09:57:07

How do I load vsts from multiple folders? Extra search folders somehow do not work

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-02 17:21:10

At 4/2/14 04:55 PM, SCTE3 wrote: So I was working on a drum pattern. It sounds great but how do I separate each sound to be on it's own pattern without doing it all manually? Do I right click in the patterns area for the song or what?

F6 to select the step sequencer
Then click the down arrow on top of the window (after the name of your pattern).
Then select "split by channel" option.

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-02 21:43:28

At 4/2/14 09:57 AM, eatmeatleet wrote: How do I load vsts from multiple folders? Extra search folders somehow do not work

afaik you can only load vsts from one extra folder, which you can specify under options > file settings, below the browser extra folders list. they'll also load from /Image-Line/FL Studio/Plugins/VST/

probably just need to move all the .dll files for your VSTs into one folder (/Program Files (x86)/VstPlugins/ is a common default). plugins that aren't self-contained in the .dll might need to be reinstalled; point to that folder as the folder you put plugins in (most plugin installers will let you do this).

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-03 03:05:04

At 4/2/14 05:21 PM, Daru925 wrote: F6 to select the step sequencer
Then click the down arrow on top of the window (after the name of your pattern).
Then select "split by channel" option.

Wow I didn't know that, that's gonna be very useful, thanks! :)

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-07 20:48:04

I started using FL Studio 11 recently and had some questions about it.
First of all I noticed that in pattern view some samples are different colors, what does this mean?
Second of all I noticed that some sample effect menus, like the Piezo guitar, have great amplifier settings
while others, like the Ibanez bass guitar, do not. Is there a way to get these settings onto samples that don't have them?
Would I be better off just getting a different sample?
Lastly I'd like to know if there was an easy way to browse a lot of free use samples that compliant with Newgrounds no copyrighted material at all policy?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-07 21:15:39

At 4/7/14 08:48 PM, xPheonixFirex wrote: First of all I noticed that in pattern view some samples are different colors, what does this meannerat

first thing is that the term "sample" refers specifically to sound files which you load up into Sampler channels (grey) or as audio clips in the playlist. the others are known as "generators" in FL, but if you see people talking about "plugins" then they mean pretty much the same thing.

anyway the different colours that come up for for each of those different generators is just their default colour e.g. 3xOsc comes up purple, layer channels are black WASP XT is pink etc. you can change a colour in the menu (Channels > color selected)

Second of all I noticed that some sample effect menus, like the Piezo guitar, have great amplifier settings
while others, like the Ibanez bass guitar, do not. Is there a way to get these settings onto samples that don't have them?

if you have XXL edition of FL you can use the effect plugin "Hardcore", which has a bunch of different amp and pedal simulators that you can apply to anything in the mixer

Would I be better off just getting a different sample?

for guitars, if you can play and record it then that will pretty much always be better than using a guitar synth

Lastly I'd like to know if there was an easy way to browse a lot of free use samples that compliant with Newgrounds no copyrighted material at all policy?

https://archive.org/details/opensource_audio <- good place to start. anything with a creative commons license is okay to use on newgrounds, unless the license says "no derivatives".

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-07 21:37:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwJaQrvVKRg

doing a youtube tutorial series for fruity loops

this episode covers the basics of EQing your kick/bass ; synths, and what not.

if you guys have questions i am willing to do another video on that subject too

derp

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-09 22:16:15

At 3/26/14 03:52 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Gurus of fl i call upon your help once more. I want to set up fl so i can use the asio for the sound driver but when i select it i get no sound, why is this? I usually use my interface soundcard but when i am not at home(connected to the interface) i have no way to go but use the primary sound card which sucks.

ASIO can only talk to a SINGLE sound driver that is being used by a SINGLE application. The coding does not allow for multiple applications to use a single sound card that is utilizing ASIO. This includes the INPUTS and OUTPUTS of that driver, i.e.; your Laptop's primary sound driver's INPUTS are used by the on-board microphone (or microphone jack if you have a desktop). your Laptop's primary sound driver's OUTPUT is being used for the sounds of the operating system and other applications. Both INPUTS and OUTPUTS need to be free for ASIO to function properly. So therefore, if you are attempting to use your computer's primary sound card/driver to run FL while using ASIO, you would need to turn off the INPUTS and OUTPUTS in the control panel of Windows. Once this is done, and you are sure both the inputs and outputs are free, load up FL Studio and change the Playback Engine (In the Audio tab) to ASIO4ALL. Once this is done, click the button to show the ASIO Settings. Click the arrow next to the Primary Sound Driver to display the INPUTS and OUTPUTS. If they have a red X on them, they are still being utilized by Windows. If they are grey or blue, they are free to use by ASIO4ALL and FL Studio (click to make them blue if they are grey though).

Also, here is a tip: Make sure the sample rate and bit depth of what FL Studio is running at matches what your Primary Sound Driver is capable of processing or you are likely to get artifacts, distortion, and sometimes nothing at all!

If none of this works, you most likely have a compatibility issue between FL Studio and your OS/On-Board Soundcard. You will probably not find a solution that makes sense or works regarding these issues as they are specific to you and your computer's hardware and software. The troubleshoot I displayed above is a complete rinse and repeat of whole process of setting your inputs and outputs up in FL Studio using your Primary Sound Drivers and ASIO4ALL.

Good Luck!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-14 08:26:31

Can FL Studio run on Linux?

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-14 09:03:45

At 4/14/14 08:26 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Can FL Studio run on Linux?

yes it can! (you will need to sign in to your image-line account to view that link)

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-14 16:46:39

Yep. When my previous computer died, I used Knoppix to access the HD, for file recovery purposes. Since I was there already, I decided to run my FL Projects just to try. Every VST worked fine too.

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/ryunocore

Need custom music or SFX for your project? http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1361543

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-22 22:39:39

I run FL Studio 10.0.0 on Linux Ubuntu 13.10. I cannot use FL Studio 11 because the GUI does not load and none of the text in the boxes show up. Other than that, FLS 10 works just fine. my only complaint is that I cannot use the ASIO drivers and I sometimes have to limit my production level. Unless you wanna bounce things down to stems though. Overall, I would prefer using it on Windows, but I have no OS installation disk. But Linux works just fine for me. Check my Soundcloud for my newer stuff. My I Do It (Diskovr Remix), and everything newer was made on Linux. Hope this helps!

~Diskovr

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-23 10:51:26

Yo yo, I was wondering when using edison in fl is there a way to take say a sample of percussive hits and have edison automatically detect and mark the transients so i can save them individually? instead of me manually going in and cutting out each one.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-04-23 12:56:26

At 4/23/14 10:51 AM, 8-bitheroes wrote: Yo yo, I was wondering when using edison in fl is there a way to take say a sample of percussive hits and have edison automatically detect and mark the transients so i can save them individually? instead of me manually going in and cutting out each one.

I don't know if that's possible but you can place markers, maybe that can get you anywhere...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-04 11:58:02

Hello every one. I'm wondering what the best VSTi that work correctly on FL 11 with out any problam and what the Best VSTi for trance genre?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-04 15:00:39

Massive

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-16 12:28:27

Quick question, and I know I've asked something similar before but I just wanna double-check.

When getting FL 11, is the product key the same as 10, or must it be updated? Because if it has to be, I'm stuck... For some reason I can't access Image-Line's forums even when logged in and I know they have a thread for queries of this nature.

That, and no .exe files for FL 10 exist when I try to look for them.

I've had PC troubles recently and I've got the key for FL 10, but I can't reinstall it without the relevant .exe file.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-16 21:57:08

no harm trying your old reg key, if it doesn't work then it's probably time to start emailing IL support or something :v

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-17 11:26:30

What's up, NGAC? So, I recently tried to download this sample from www.mediafire.com, but I'm not sure how to find the actual instruments in FL Studio. I tried using YouTube tutorials, but they all seemed to be about plug-ins rather than samples downloaded from the Internet. I already put the sample into a folder in FL Studio, but when I opened it in the Step Sequencer it came up under the name "Sampler" and there was no sound. DX Do you know what's going on? Please help!

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-18 05:16:16

At 5/17/14 11:26 AM, TheDoor6 wrote: What's up, NGAC? So, I recently tried to download this sample from www.mediafire.com, but I'm not sure how to find the actual instruments in FL Studio. I tried using YouTube tutorials, but they all seemed to be about plug-ins rather than samples downloaded from the Internet. I already put the sample into a folder in FL Studio, but when I opened it in the Step Sequencer it came up under the name "Sampler" and there was no sound. DX Do you know what's going on? Please help!

The specific codec that the sample is encoded in is not supported by the FL engine. Try converting it to the same or similar sound file type with an industry-standard codec.

[✖] Play a live show. | [✖] Sell music.

[✔] Sound design for games. | [✔] Produce an OST for film. | [✔] Get creepy fans. | [✔] Get awesome fans.

Moving up the ladder.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-18 11:05:32

At 5/17/14 11:26 AM, TheDoor6 wrote: What's up, NGAC? So, I recently tried to download this sample from www.mediafire.com,

That file name looks familiar. Is the file extension .sfz (or .sf2) by any chance?

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-18 19:22:44

At 5/18/14 05:16 AM, Sundans wrote:
The specific codec that the sample is encoded in is not supported by the FL engine. Try converting it to the same or similar sound file type with an industry-standard codec.

@Yoshiii343 @Sundans Thanks so much for being so willing to help, guys! I'll try converting it to a compatible file type. ;)

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-18 21:14:52

At 5/18/14 07:22 PM, TheDoor6 wrote:
At 5/18/14 05:16 AM, Sundans wrote:
@Yoshiii343 @Sundans Thanks so much for being so willing to help, guys! I'll try converting it to a compatible file type. ;)

just use fruity soundfont player to open it, or a free VST player like sforzando if you dont have XXL edition

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-20 18:29:38

I only have an i5 processor and now my music is getting a lot better. I need to know every tip there is to save CPU. I already froze all my tracks to WAV samples. Turned off the mixer inserts on those instruments, as well as the instruments themselves. My latency is at 186ms. I cant use ASIO cause I'm using Linux Ubuntu. Any other tips guys?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-21 00:28:56

At 5/20/14 06:29 PM, ksthultz15 wrote: cant use ASIO cause I'm using Linux Ubuntu. Any other tips guys?

if you're running FL via wine you can use wineasio and JACK to get ASIO working

actually you might not even need wineasio, but you will definitely need JACK

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-21 09:50:00

At 5/21/14 12:28 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 5/20/14 06:29 PM, ksthultz15 wrote: cant use ASIO cause I'm using Linux Ubuntu. Any other tips guys?
if you're running FL via wine you can use wineasio and JACK to get ASIO working

actually you might not even need wineasio, but you will definitely need JACK

I tried installing wineasio, but nothing worked. Im such a beginner when it comes to LInux. I looked on the ubuntu forums and I couldnt find anything that worked. And then for jack, Im pretty sure i have it installed, but it doesnt work.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-21 11:43:06

Update: Wineasio installed. It shows up in FL Studio's sound settings. Then QJackCtl installed. I started QJackCtl and set my driver to my hw:PCH which is my default. But then when I selected Wineasio in FL Studio. It crashes, and I have to reset FL Studio's settings.

Please, someone help me lol.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-21 13:42:36

How does one add real stereo width and depth to mixes in fl? I find just panning sounds doesn't cut it. I use reverb and unison on synths etc but I'm after more, especially on basses . I was Wondering if the fl stereo shaper or stereo enhancer might be the key? Only I'm not familiar with using them, would it be something I can stick ony bass buss?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2014-05-21 13:53:32

At 5/21/14 01:42 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: How does one add real stereo width and depth to mixes in fl? I find just panning sounds doesn't cut it. I use reverb and unison on synths etc but I'm after more, especially on basses . I was Wondering if the fl stereo shaper or stereo enhancer might be the key? Only I'm not familiar with using them, would it be something I can stick ony bass buss?

Depending on the layout of your mixer, usually the right side, is where your plugins go. You'll see a knob that says Stereo Width when you turn it.

Turn to the left and it seperates and widens stereo. Turn to the right and it merges it to mono. I might have a width of about 10-15%. But its really to your own taste.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here