New Topic Respond to this Topic
Bitfrost
Bitfrost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-09 01:32:18 Reply

i just downloaded the beta version of fl studio for my mac and i cant seem to get any of my vst's in it. Its a crossover version so my pc vst's should work for it. I am trying to use massive in it and i dont seem to be getting anywhere, i have already tried the normal way of getting plugins to sow up but that isnt working, plus i have downloaded both the mac and the pc versions of massive. If anyone can help that would be awesome.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-09 02:14:34 Reply

At 9/9/13 01:32 AM, Bitfrost wrote: i just downloaded the beta version of fl studio for my mac and i cant seem to get any of my vst's in it. Its a crossover version so my pc vst's should work for it.

Macs don't use VSTs. They use AUs (i think).

feel free to correct me on this
Bitfrost
Bitfrost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-09 03:33:30 Reply

At 9/9/13 02:14 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 9/9/13 01:32 AM, Bitfrost wrote: i just downloaded the beta version of fl studio for my mac and i cant seem to get any of my vst's in it. Its a crossover version so my pc vst's should work for it.
Macs don't use VSTs. They use AUs (i think).

feel free to correct me on this

yeah but the beta version is crossover so its using vst plugins, its essentially exactly the same as the pc version but stuck on a mac desktop from what ive gathered

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-09 04:26:48 Reply

At 9/9/13 03:33 AM, Bitfrost wrote: i just downloaded the beta version of fl studio for my mac and i cant seem to get any of my vst's in it. Its a crossover version so my pc vst's should work for it.

you might need to stick the VST plugins in a different folder to what you usually use, or create a new folder for the wrapper to refer to

try putting a couple .dll files in a new directory called /Users/YOUR USERNAME/Library/Application Support/FL Studio/Bottles/flstudio/drive_c/program files (x86)/vstplugins and see if they show up using the plugin refresh method. you'll probably need to enable hidden folders in finder to do that though.

p.s. i am gay

Bitfrost
Bitfrost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-09 10:27:02 Reply

At 9/9/13 04:26 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 9/9/13 03:33 AM, Bitfrost wrote: i just downloaded the beta version of fl studio for my mac and i cant seem to get any of my vst's in it. Its a crossover version so my pc vst's should work for it.
you might need to stick the VST plugins in a different folder to what you usually use, or create a new folder for the wrapper to refer to

try putting a couple .dll files in a new directory called /Users/YOUR USERNAME/Library/Application Support/FL Studio/Bottles/flstudio/drive_c/program files (x86)/vstplugins and see if they show up using the plugin refresh method. you'll probably need to enable hidden folders in finder to do that though.

ive tried that as well, i think i found the problem though, there are no dll or vst version of massive anywhere on my computer, just a .app file, im going to try just downloading a .dll and .vst version

Jebbal
Jebbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-11 23:08:10 Reply

How do I do a boom-boom-badoom?

| Facebook | MAC | NAC | RAC | Gamertag - SeamonkeY372 | I provide graphics! PM

BBS Signature
ErikMasters
ErikMasters
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Filmmaker
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-13 03:01:05 Reply

At 4/8/05 09:00 PM, Rage wrote: And I, or anyone else who wishes to, will try and answer them.

Do we have a deal?

Can anyone tell me whether logic pro, or Fruity loops is superior in music production. And by that I mean synthetically producing it

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-13 08:10:26 Reply

At 9/13/13 03:01 AM, ErikMasters wrote:
At 4/8/05 09:00 PM, Rage wrote: And I, or anyone else who wishes to, will try and answer them.

Do we have a deal?
Can anyone tell me whether logic pro, or Fruity loops is superior in music production. And by that I mean synthetically producing it

completely and utterly equal in that regard.
if you have a mac you're probably better off with logic though

p.s. i am gay

sandordude
sandordude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-19 10:37:46 Reply

Hey everyone. I got a problem with the 3xOsc.
When I set up my 3xOsc and apply the sound I want it works all fine. When pressing a key on the keyboard I can hear the sound as I wanted it. But as soon as I place the single notes on the pattern for some reason the sound doesn't sound equal to the one whenever I hit a key. It's more silent and I can't hear the settings from the Instrument Properties in the Channel Settings. It basically sounds totally different as if it wouldn't want to recognize the settings that I applied. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? I'm using FL 11. Thanks a lot!

Zambies
Zambies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-21 23:09:32 Reply

At 9/11/13 11:08 PM, Jebbal wrote: How do I do a boom-boom-badoom?

bleep bloop

Esoterik
Esoterik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-23 18:38:47 Reply

How does one go about getting the piano roll's pitch bend working with 3rd party plug ins like sylenth/magic8bit etc???

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-23 19:59:25 Reply

At 9/23/13 06:38 PM, Esoterik wrote: How does one go about getting the piano roll's pitch bend working with 3rd party plug ins like sylenth/magic8bit etc???

not possible, you need to manually automate pitch bends in 3rd party plugins.

protip: if you right click the pitch bend parameter and select "edit events" instead of "create automation clip" you can work on the automation inside the piano roll (select the pitchbend from a drop-down box at the top of the piano roll window - should be called "note velocity" by default)

p.s. i am gay

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-24 17:45:46 Reply

I just start to use FL Studio lately (b/c renoise couldn't handle Kontakt 5 well enough) and some of the instruments got cut off in the render file? How do I fix this, thnx!?

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-24 18:56:00 Reply

At 9/24/13 05:45 PM, Elitistinen wrote: I just start to use FL Studio lately (b/c renoise couldn't handle Kontakt 5 well enough) and some of the instruments got cut off in the render file? How do I fix this, thnx!?

which instruments?
make sure none of the playlist/mixer tracks or instrument channels are muted, i'm always accidentally muting stuff before i render :v

oh, and select "leave remainder" as a render option instead of wrap or cut if it's just the tail end of the song getting cut off

p.s. i am gay

PoonPun
PoonPun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-27 16:14:21 Reply

Well, I want to use the speech synthesizer, but I want to specifically change each word to be a certain length and pitch, but the only options I can see are "random, natural, sing", and I can't change the pitch and length of these words are after they've been, done.
So I was just wondering if I could be more specific with it.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-27 19:39:16 Reply

At 9/27/13 04:14 PM, PoonPun wrote: Well, I want to use the speech synthesizer, but I want to specifically change each word to be a certain length and pitch, but the only options I can see are "random, natural, sing", and I can't change the pitch and length of these words are after they've been, done.

you might have to just export individual words and phrases at all the different pitches and speeds and put them all together in a layer channel to get the level of control you're after. the speech synth in FL hasn't changed in like 10 years and was never designed to be used as a lead voice anyway :(

as far as word length goes, i think slicex lets you timestretch/pitchshift individual slices, i'm not 100% on that though

p.s. i am gay

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-27 23:38:52 Reply

How the fuck do I force FL9 to use 75 BPM???

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-28 07:16:06 Reply

At 9/27/13 11:38 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: How the fuck do I force FL9 to use 75 BPM???

Try getting a legit version =P

But seriously this question is pretty vague, can you elaborate on the trouble youre having?

eu4ricsmile
eu4ricsmile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-28 10:20:03 Reply

At 9/27/13 04:14 PM, PoonPun wrote: Well, I want to use the speech synthesizer, but I want to specifically change each word to be a certain length and pitch, but the only options I can see are "random, natural, sing", and I can't change the pitch and length of these words are after they've been, done.

maybe you should record the speech synth pattern in .wav format, then pull it into edison and edit it as much as you like, stretch parts, delete parts, even reverse

"If you can't walk, run." -Kid on old people

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-28 11:39:55 Reply

Is there a way to look at multiple Patterns at the same time, and select them without using the Browser (as the changes depending what im doing). Theres the playlist drop down menu, and pattern drop down menu, but this is making me select using 2 clicks, and really slows my work flow. Any tips?

BBS Signature
PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-28 11:40:58 Reply

At 9/28/13 11:39 AM, PeterSatera wrote: Is there a way to look at multiple Patterns at the same time, and select them without using the Browser (as the changes depending what im doing). Theres the playlist drop down menu, and pattern drop down menu, but this is making me select using 2 clicks, and really slows my work flow. Any tips?

Should also add, this is because they took away the legacy pattern blocks. I might drop back to FL10.

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-28 13:48:26 Reply

At 9/28/13 07:16 AM, Breed wrote:
At 9/27/13 11:38 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: How the fuck do I force FL9 to use 75 BPM???

But seriously this question is pretty vague, can you elaborate on the trouble youre having?

I've had the full version for a few years now, man. I have this song that I composed in 3/4 at 75 BPM using a program called Tuxguitar. I then export the finished composition into MIDI format and import to FL9 where it forces the song's BPM to be at 76 or 74 instead of 75 and I can't get it to be at 75. I understand that 75 isn't an orthodox BPM or whatever, but I want it to be at that specific BPM and can't figure out how to make it saty at 75.

Whenever I change the BPM it switches back to 76 or whatever when I hit the play button. I WROTE THIS SONG 6 MONTHS AGO MOTHERFUCKING GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-09-28 19:36:18 Reply

At 9/28/13 01:48 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
At 9/28/13 07:16 AM, Breed wrote:

I've had the full version for a few years now, man.

Well free upgrades for life man, you should pick up FL11.

Whenever I change the BPM it switches back to 76 or whatever when I hit the play button. I WROTE THIS SONG 6 MONTHS AGO MOTHERFUCKING GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have a thought although it may be wrong. Set the tempo to 75, then right click the tempo and select "init song in this position"

See if thats the issue.

TacoMilagroIII
TacoMilagroIII
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-02 21:35:32 Reply

I'm trying to make a track with a few short segments strung together in a way that will make it sound like someone turning the knob on a radio. I imagine white noise is the way to go about this, but does anyone have any suggestions to make it sound more realistic? I'm terrible at figuring these things out.

Rilo15
Rilo15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Writer
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-02 21:45:38 Reply

At 10/2/13 09:35 PM, TacoMilagroIII wrote: I'm trying to make a track with a few short segments strung together in a way that will make it sound like someone turning the knob on a radio. I imagine white noise is the way to go about this, but does anyone have any suggestions to make it sound more realistic? I'm terrible at figuring these things out.

Ever heard of iZotope Vinyl? It's a good way to generate that old static/noise sound for transitions.

AetherX
AetherX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-03 00:26:41 Reply

At 10/2/13 09:35 PM, TacoMilagroIII wrote: I'm trying to make a track with a few short segments strung together in a way that will make it sound like someone turning the knob on a radio. I imagine white noise is the way to go about this, but does anyone have any suggestions to make it sound more realistic? I'm terrible at figuring these things out.

iZotope Vinyl is a great idea. I would mess around with that, noise, distortion, and a bandpass filter (since that's essentially what a radio is). You can accomplish that radio style sheeeooooop with a bandpass with high resonance I think.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--
Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-07 17:08:02 Reply

I have a question, how do i go about adding an automation filter to my drums. basically i want to start the drums off in my track by automating the frequencey so theyre low then as they progress they reach the normal default frequency and then stay at that point for the remainder of the track. How is the best way of going about this? since my drums are not audio sounds they are created using the sequencer.

ShiftingConix
ShiftingConix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-07 17:47:13 Reply

At 4/8/05 09:01 PM, repenter wrote: Can I copy other peoples music but it isn't them playing its like me just on the guitar and that's it

Copy. Well You can get the FLP from the artist its self. But Copy? You can but that would take forever to do and would need a good listening ear c:

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-07 17:52:35 Reply

At 10/7/13 05:47 PM, ShiftingConix wrote:
At 4/8/05 09:01 PM, repenter wrote: (SNIP)
Copy. Well You can get the FLP from the artist its self. But Copy? You can but that would take forever to do and would need a good listening ear c:

Might wanna look at the date of the post you're replying to.

Food for thought.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
ShiftingConix
ShiftingConix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2013-10-07 17:54:47 Reply

At 10/7/13 05:08 PM, 8-bitheroes wrote: I have a question, how do i go about adding an automation filter to my drums. basically i want to start the drums off in my track by automating the frequencey so theyre low then as they progress they reach the normal default frequency and then stay at that point for the remainder of the track. How is the best way of going about this? since my drums are not audio sounds they are created using the sequencer.

First you need to put the drum sample itself into the mixer. you can do this by clicking on the drum sample in the step sequencer, then press Ctrl + L. After this you can either (depending on what you want to do) Put a fruity love philter on there or create automation clip of the volume for the kick itself. I will explain both ways.

FRUITY LOVE PHILTER: Once you have added the KICK to the MIXER, go to the mixer (if its not there already) and look for where that kick is located. Once you have found the kick you can go to the mixer plugins (for me its on the right) and add FRUITY LOVE PHILTER. From here Click on the Arrow in the TOP LEFT CORNER, and go to the preset DEFAULT. The MIDDLE KNOB is the cut off knob basically showing what is cut off from the sample you are using. Right click that knob, and press CREATE AUTOMATION CLIP. This will be put into your SONG BOARD (or whatever its called) then you mess around with the levels to the desired sound. THE HIGHER THE LEVEL THE MORE PRESENT THE SAMPLE WILL BE and vise versa.

AUTOMATION CLIP WITH THE KICK VOLUME: Once you have added the KICK to the MIXER, go to the mixer (if its not there already) and look for where that kick is located. Once you have found the kick, you will see a little volume slide below it, RIGHT CLICK it and click CREATE AUTOMATION CLIP. Then Adjust the levels to create the desired effect you want. THE LOWER THE LEVEL THE LESS PRESENT IT IS. And vise versa.

Check out my music as well c: