• 6,587 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jul. 28th, 2013 @ 04:39 PM Reply

How would one automate the volumes of specific plugins in the Patcher?

e.g. the little colored yellow line between inputs and outputs of plugins and FL.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jul. 28th, 2013 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 7/28/13 04:39 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: How would one automate the volumes of specific plugins in the Patcher?

e.g. the little colored yellow line between inputs and outputs of plugins and FL.

stick a fruity balance plugin between your connection and tweak the volume of that
if the first plugin has a knob for output level then you can simply tweak that and it'll have the same effect

p.s. i am gay

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jul. 28th, 2013 @ 05:53 PM Reply

At 7/28/13 05:37 PM, midimachine wrote: if the first plugin has a knob for output level then you can simply tweak that and it'll have the same effect

OH.
unless you wanted to send output from one plugin to multiple others and control the levels separately, then you're better off sticking the balance plug in between individual connections

...unless the second plugin(s) has a knob for input level :v

p.s. i am gay

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jul. 28th, 2013 @ 06:22 PM Reply

At 7/28/13 05:37 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 7/28/13 04:39 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: How would one automate the volumes of specific plugins in the Patcher?

stick a fruity balance plugin between your connection and tweak the volume of that
if the first plugin has a knob for output level then you can simply tweak that and it'll have the same effect

I suppose that works. I was wondering if there was a way that wouldn't require any extra plugins, seeing as I already have 6.

Stuff.

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jul. 28th, 2013 @ 08:22 PM Reply

At 7/28/13 06:22 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 7/28/13 05:37 PM, midimachine wrote:

I suppose that works. I was wondering if there was a way that wouldn't require any extra plugins, seeing as I already have 6.

fruity balance is pretty transparent in terms of CPU usage, it's literally just a control for volume and a control for panning. but if the second plugin has it's own input level or wet/dry mix then definitely use that instead.

p.s. i am gay

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jul. 28th, 2013 @ 08:32 PM Reply

At 7/28/13 08:22 PM, midimachine wrote: fruity balance is pretty transparent in terms of CPU usage, it's literally just a control for volume and a control for panning. but if the second plugin has it's own input level or wet/dry mix then definitely use that instead.

That's what I thought. Still though, best to minimize if possible. I guess I could do that. Thanks.

Stuff.

BBS Signature
Preliatus
Preliatus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jul. 28th, 2013 @ 08:41 PM Reply

How do I create a fade out without using Automation clips?

I am far too poor to purchase the Producer edition so I'm stuck with the crappy Fruity Edition.

Note: Yes, I have a job. Rent for my 1 room apartment is the cheapest in my area at $900/month

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jul. 29th, 2013 @ 12:27 AM Reply

At 7/28/13 08:41 PM, Preliatus wrote: How do I create a fade out without using Automation clips?

I am far too poor to purchase the Producer edition so I'm stuck with the crappy Fruity Edition.

Note: Yes, I have a job. Rent for my 1 room apartment is the cheapest in my area at $900/month

right click and select "edit events", you can use the events window to draw automation data inside pattern clips. this is how you had to create automation in really old versions of. fruity edition basically works like a nicer version of fruityloops 3.5.6, after all.

also, i think the fruity edition lets you record automation as events like fruityloops 3.x did (press R to enable recording, then play and mess with the thing you want to automate). not 100% on that though

p.s. i am gay

eatmeatleet
eatmeatleet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Jul. 29th, 2013 @ 04:51 AM Reply

Probably not appropriate place to ask but anyway, Is vocaloid3 only chinese or is it possible to have them sing in english? Thanks

BBS Signature
Glyxis
Glyxis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 1st, 2013 @ 06:36 PM Reply

Hello.
I have one question about PoiZone: When i have already one PoiZone, and add second PoiZone, i can't change the instrument what it uses. It's the same what it is in the first PoiZone. No matter what i do, it won't change. Why?

GamerMan7
GamerMan7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 1st, 2013 @ 10:31 PM Reply

At 7/29/13 04:51 AM, eatmeatleet wrote: Probably not appropriate place to ask but anyway, Is vocaloid3 only chinese or is it possible to have them sing in english? Thanks

I could have sworn Vocaloid is Japanese. But I've never heard an English one. Would be interesting :)

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 1st, 2013 @ 11:30 PM Reply

At 7/29/13 04:51 AM, eatmeatleet wrote: Probably not appropriate place to ask but anyway, Is vocaloid3 only chinese or is it possible to have them sing in english? Thanks

http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/English_Phonetics <- this article has instructions on which vocaloids are the best for english vocals, how to get it to sound right and also a crash course in general phonology.

p.s. i am gay

sugarsimon
sugarsimon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:33 AM Reply

About this Patcher.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

shinobi61692
shinobi61692
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 22nd, 2013 @ 09:55 PM Reply

How do I get Massive/Fruity wrapper?

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:35 PM Reply

At 8/22/13 09:55 PM, shinobi61692 wrote: How do I get Massive/Fruity wrapper?

if you've installed it correctly, right click a channel and go Insert > More... (the more option is always right up the top), click the "Refresh" button and select fast scan, then Massive will come up in red. then you can tick the [F] box next to it to make it come up in the main plugin list all the time.

hope that made sense, haha

p.s. i am gay

AetherX
AetherX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:39 PM Reply

At 8/22/13 09:55 PM, shinobi61692 wrote: How do I get Massive/Fruity wrapper?

Two different things there. Fruity Wrapper is essentially a program that lets you use third-party VST plugins that didn't come with FL. If you have FL Studio, you have Fruity Wrapper.

An example of such a third-party VST is Native Instruments' Massive, which can be found here.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--
Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 3rd, 2013 @ 01:57 AM Reply

Just a bump to remind new users and everyone else that this thread exists!

For me, at least, if you post FL-studio specific questions here then I'll probably check it and try to help you out way quicker than if you make a new thread with a vague title :v

Thanks!

p.s. i am gay

Herogashix
Herogashix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 3rd, 2013 @ 02:19 AM Reply

I know this probably isn't the proper place to post THIS question, but I want to know how to do it in FL Studio, not Reason 5 or other DAWs, so I'd probably get a better answer here than having a thread with Ableton and Cubase answers.

I've been working vocals for a few months and the main problem I have is I experience clipping when put together with the whole track. I know for a fact, my vocal tracks are top quality and have no clipping originally, and I never push the vocal send/track to 0db. Is there any possible way to fix this when put together with the whole song? It get unbearable.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 3rd, 2013 @ 02:43 AM Reply

At 9/3/13 02:19 AM, Herogashix wrote: I've been working vocals for a few months and the main problem I have is I experience clipping when put together with the whole track. I know for a fact, my vocal tracks are top quality and have no clipping originally, and I never push the vocal send/track to 0db. Is there any possible way to fix this when put together with the whole song? It get unbearable.

turn master fader down a bit? :v

okay for real though, here is my checklist for when i get unexpected clipping/volume increases:
are there any master effects/comps/limiters?
is the "Master Volume" fader at top left near file menu is on the default level?
is the "Master" channel EQ set to anything other than flat?
does the "Selected" channel fader in mixer window (always far right next to send 4) have no effects, flat eq and volume fader set to default?

also if you're double/multi-tracking or layering vox or whatever maybe just turn the levels down.

p.s. i am gay

Herogashix
Herogashix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 3rd, 2013 @ 05:57 AM Reply

At 9/3/13 02:43 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 9/3/13 02:19 AM, Herogashix wrote: I've been working vocals for a few months and the main problem I have is I experience clipping when put together with the whole track. I know for a fact, my vocal tracks are top quality and have no clipping originally, and I never push the vocal send/track to 0db. Is there any possible way to fix this when put together with the whole song? It get unbearable.
turn master fader down a bit? :v

okay for real though, here is my checklist for when i get unexpected clipping/volume increases:
are there any master effects/comps/limiters?
is the "Master Volume" fader at top left near file menu is on the default level?
is the "Master" channel EQ set to anything other than flat?
does the "Selected" channel fader in mixer window (always far right next to send 4) have no effects, flat eq and volume fader set to default?

also if you're double/multi-tracking or layering vox or whatever maybe just turn the levels down.

Generally on my vox channel in the mixer, I only have EQ2 and compressor (generally a weak compression, nothing that improves volume by a lot). Alone, it mixes well with the (example) pads and the melody, and hell even the bass line. But the moment I turn on the percussion send, it all clips.
I went to change the percussion EQ and compression and made significant changes, but after that, it still couldn't work with my vocals. The percussion works well with the rest, and the vocals work well with the rest, but the vocals and percussion can't work together. At this point I have no idea what the problem is.

(I never touch the Selected channel, so that's out of the question. I only EQ and master the Master channel after EVERYTHING is done, so the master channel is empty and untouched until completion.)

Bitfrost
Bitfrost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 9th, 2013 @ 01:32 AM Reply

i just downloaded the beta version of fl studio for my mac and i cant seem to get any of my vst's in it. Its a crossover version so my pc vst's should work for it. I am trying to use massive in it and i dont seem to be getting anywhere, i have already tried the normal way of getting plugins to sow up but that isnt working, plus i have downloaded both the mac and the pc versions of massive. If anyone can help that would be awesome.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 9th, 2013 @ 02:14 AM Reply

At 9/9/13 01:32 AM, Bitfrost wrote: i just downloaded the beta version of fl studio for my mac and i cant seem to get any of my vst's in it. Its a crossover version so my pc vst's should work for it.

Macs don't use VSTs. They use AUs (i think).

feel free to correct me on this
Bitfrost
Bitfrost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 9th, 2013 @ 03:33 AM Reply

At 9/9/13 02:14 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 9/9/13 01:32 AM, Bitfrost wrote: i just downloaded the beta version of fl studio for my mac and i cant seem to get any of my vst's in it. Its a crossover version so my pc vst's should work for it.
Macs don't use VSTs. They use AUs (i think).

feel free to correct me on this

yeah but the beta version is crossover so its using vst plugins, its essentially exactly the same as the pc version but stuck on a mac desktop from what ive gathered

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 9th, 2013 @ 04:26 AM Reply

At 9/9/13 03:33 AM, Bitfrost wrote: i just downloaded the beta version of fl studio for my mac and i cant seem to get any of my vst's in it. Its a crossover version so my pc vst's should work for it.

you might need to stick the VST plugins in a different folder to what you usually use, or create a new folder for the wrapper to refer to

try putting a couple .dll files in a new directory called /Users/YOUR USERNAME/Library/Application Support/FL Studio/Bottles/flstudio/drive_c/program files (x86)/vstplugins and see if they show up using the plugin refresh method. you'll probably need to enable hidden folders in finder to do that though.

p.s. i am gay

Bitfrost
Bitfrost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 9th, 2013 @ 10:27 AM Reply

At 9/9/13 04:26 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 9/9/13 03:33 AM, Bitfrost wrote: i just downloaded the beta version of fl studio for my mac and i cant seem to get any of my vst's in it. Its a crossover version so my pc vst's should work for it.
you might need to stick the VST plugins in a different folder to what you usually use, or create a new folder for the wrapper to refer to

try putting a couple .dll files in a new directory called /Users/YOUR USERNAME/Library/Application Support/FL Studio/Bottles/flstudio/drive_c/program files (x86)/vstplugins and see if they show up using the plugin refresh method. you'll probably need to enable hidden folders in finder to do that though.

ive tried that as well, i think i found the problem though, there are no dll or vst version of massive anywhere on my computer, just a .app file, im going to try just downloading a .dll and .vst version

Jebbal
Jebbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 11th, 2013 @ 11:08 PM Reply

How do I do a boom-boom-badoom?

| Facebook | MAC | NAC | RAC | Gamertag - SeamonkeY372 | I provide graphics! PM

BBS Signature
ErikMasters
ErikMasters
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Filmmaker
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 13th, 2013 @ 03:01 AM Reply

At 4/8/05 09:00 PM, Rage wrote: And I, or anyone else who wishes to, will try and answer them.

Do we have a deal?

Can anyone tell me whether logic pro, or Fruity loops is superior in music production. And by that I mean synthetically producing it

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 13th, 2013 @ 08:10 AM Reply

At 9/13/13 03:01 AM, ErikMasters wrote:
At 4/8/05 09:00 PM, Rage wrote: And I, or anyone else who wishes to, will try and answer them.

Do we have a deal?
Can anyone tell me whether logic pro, or Fruity loops is superior in music production. And by that I mean synthetically producing it

completely and utterly equal in that regard.
if you have a mac you're probably better off with logic though

p.s. i am gay

sandordude
sandordude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 19th, 2013 @ 10:37 AM Reply

Hey everyone. I got a problem with the 3xOsc.
When I set up my 3xOsc and apply the sound I want it works all fine. When pressing a key on the keyboard I can hear the sound as I wanted it. But as soon as I place the single notes on the pattern for some reason the sound doesn't sound equal to the one whenever I hit a key. It's more silent and I can't hear the settings from the Instrument Properties in the Channel Settings. It basically sounds totally different as if it wouldn't want to recognize the settings that I applied. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? I'm using FL 11. Thanks a lot!

Zambies
Zambies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Sep. 21st, 2013 @ 11:09 PM Reply

At 9/11/13 11:08 PM, Jebbal wrote: How do I do a boom-boom-badoom?

bleep bloop