00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,636 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-04 15:57:25

At 7/4/12 03:49 PM, Breed wrote: TLDR; My audio driver started randomly causing BSoD, what could this be?

I'm afraid I have no idea what that mumbo jumbo was all about so I can't help you but just in case you are a crappy googler, I tried googling it for you. I found something... it's not the same audio driver as yours and I'm not sure if you already tried it out or not, but give it a shot. If that fails, you can perhaps contact customer support?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-04 16:47:33

Hey fellow dudes! :D I spend a lot of time making movies and I always use music from newgrounds! :) If you're good at making tension-kind-of-music with like drums and shit, and you think it'll fit our videos, please send us a message.... check out our YT-channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/HeDaEnt?feature=guide

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-04 16:59:41

AHA. So after basically trying every stupid computer thing I know to do with fixing software, I finally came across the most random and stupid thing that could cause a problem. I had never heard of this, but at least you guys can learn from me:

DO NOT PLUG USB AUDIO DRIVERS INTO USB3.0 UNLESS IT'S MEANT FOR 3.0

This is what was causing my problem. When I switched back from my laptop I musta plugged it into the 3.0 by accident. Now you would think that shit is fully backwards compatible, but apparently it aint.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-04 17:01:22

At 7/4/12 04:59 PM, Breed wrote: DO NOT PLUG USB AUDIO DRIVERS INTO USB3.0 UNLESS IT'S MEANT FOR 3.0

Audio Devices* I meant

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-06 11:00:53

'Nother quick question.

With Parametric EQ 2, if you put it on the master bus, and the signal is equal at every frequency, does that mean you have a 'perfect' mix? I've heard stuff like that, but I doubt it's true because when I do that my ears get killed by the amount of highs.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-06 12:20:16

At 7/6/12 11:00 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: 'Nother quick question.

With Parametric EQ 2, if you put it on the master bus, and the signal is equal at every frequency, does that mean you have a 'perfect' mix? I've heard stuff like that, but I doubt it's true because when I do that my ears get killed by the amount of highs.

what bounce said, kinda
like obviously they don't mean absolutely EQUAL but if your track doesn't have light & shade then it won't be a pleasant listen

with highs on the master i usually keep anything >16K pretty restrained, like a -3dB shelf at least - steep HPF at 20K for no reason other than i don't feel comfortable rendering without it, haha

probably people taking "eq a space for everything" too far?

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-06 13:45:14

At 7/6/12 12:02 PM, B0UNC3 wrote:
At 7/6/12 11:00 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: 'Nother quick question.

drag a song with a mix you think is perfect in fl, look at it in PE2

check it out yourself.

in general a well mixed edm song will tend to have something going on at every frequency, so yes a FULL eq tends to be a good EQ at climaxes adn loud sections.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-09 05:34:22

I don't know if this has already been asked and answered (if so I apologize but I did not want to sift through 195 pages of questions, lol). I am still pretty new to FL but I want to start making things along the lines of The Prodigy and Chemical Brothers (though a bit heavier). I have found a couple plug ins and they were decent but they were more rap oriented and I was wondering if anyone could point me towards a good place for (preferably free) plug ins that are more aligned with what I've described. Really at this point I pretty much only have about 9 different drum packs, 2 vocal packs, a few bass packs and an electric guitar pack that I can't seem to get to sound remotely close to good.

Also, if anyone knows of any good tutorials, a point in that direction would be much appreciated as well. Thank you.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-09 06:13:33

At 7/9/12 05:34 AM, LucienVex wrote: I don't know if this has already been asked and answered (if so I apologize but I did not want to sift through 195 pages of questions, lol). I am still pretty new to FL but I want to start making things along the lines of The Prodigy and Chemical Brothers

You can't use sample packs only to produce music like The Prodigy and the Chem Bro's, you're going to need some VSTs (Virtual Studio Technology) as well. You could start out with Sytrus, because it comes with FL Studio and has a lot of possibilities. Personally I'm a big fan of NI Massive, but it's not free. This is a list of very good VSTs, but almost all of them are charged.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-14 17:49:18

Time Stretching and Samples

Ok, I'm sure there's a solution right under my nose, but I just can't seem to find it...

Basically, I had done both drums and piano in FL Studio for my latest song, then exported that as a .wav to record the guitars over in Reaper. Now I'm having a friend who's an amazing drummer (Like... I'm talking one of the best in Canada) come over in a couple days to help me rework the drums... Add in fills, and generally make them less repetitive and more awesome.

In any case... because of this, I had exported the guitar tracks from Reaper and brought the audio file into FL Studio. Problem is, there are 2 tempo changes in the song, and unless I let the song play from start to finish, every time I skip to a certain section of the song, the time stretching fucks up the sample and throws the timing way off.

Is there a way that I can turn off the time stretching effect on the audio file? So that every time I skip to a new section of the song, the guitars stay where they should? It'll be kind of difficult to rework the drums if I'm forced to leave the guitars out to avoid ridiculous time stretching madness.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-14 18:18:26

At 7/14/12 05:49 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Is there a way that I can turn off the time stretching effect on the audio file? So that every time I skip to a new section of the song, the guitars stay where they should?

Try this:

Set your project file's BPM to the main/general BPM of the guitar. Open up the channel settings of the guitar, right click on the 'Time' knob under 'Time stretching', click Autodetect, choose to type in the BPM, type in the BPM that your guitar and project file are set to and see if that works.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-14 18:27:36

At 7/14/12 06:18 PM, Step wrote: Try this:

Set your project file's BPM to the main/general BPM of the guitar. Open up the channel settings of the guitar, right click on the 'Time' knob under 'Time stretching', click Autodetect, choose to type in the BPM, type in the BPM that your guitar and project file are set to and see if that works.

Perfect... I had to add in an extra step. Had to slice up the guitar track at each tempo change and make it unique and repeat the above process... but it worked perfectly, thanks.

Now I don't have to put up with rather a guitarless track in FL Studio, or the shitty Midi editing in Reaper.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-15 03:20:35

At 7/14/12 06:27 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Perfect... I had to add in an extra step. Had to slice up the guitar track at each tempo change and make it unique and repeat the above process... but it worked perfectly, thanks.

"Make unique as sample" to save time when stretching each part and to save RAM, then when it's all in time bounce to a single file and use that to save even moar RAM

Dunno if it matters that much but it'll definitely improve computer performance at least a little bit - I'm running FL on a 5 year old laptop so I kinda have to do this, haha.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-16 17:33:42

At 7/16/12 05:28 PM, LaForge wrote: i'm attempting to record my guitar into FL studio through a usb interface. it's the Behringer UCG102. it works fine when recording with sound recorder, get audio and able to record, but FL studio doesn't pick ANY audio from it. it seems to recognize that it's installed and i'm able to select it in the audio IN in the mixer, but no audio. i'm thinking it's a very simple problem and i'm overlooking something.

i've messed around with the sound options in control panel as well, no luck.

Throw Edison on the mixer channel you are recording through, record into Edison, then edit as needed before dragging that into the actual play list.

That's how I do it when I absolutely must record in FL... that said, I don't record in FL often, because FL Studio really... REALLY sucks for recording live instruments.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-16 18:15:11

At 7/16/12 05:54 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/16/12 05:33 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Throw Edison on the mixer channel you are recording through, record into Edison, then edit as needed before dragging that into the actual play list.

That's how I do it when I absolutely must record in FL... that said, I don't record in FL often, because FL Studio really... REALLY sucks for recording live instruments.
i've had it working perfectly, playback while recording and such, directly into the playlist, using ASIO4ALL. now i'm trying to use the ASIO driver that came with the interface and it's messing up. i'd much rather not go back to using ASIO4ALL, since this driver is native to my interface and, if it were to work, i'm sure it'd sound excellent with very little latency.

would i be better off finding that thread that was made a while back about audio interfaces and asking there?

I dunno, that's more or less how I record my guitar, is I'm using the Asio driver on my Line6 POD. I set the audio in settings to the driver on my pedal (In your case your interface), set a mixer channel to receive from my pedal, then go from there, that's really all I do. So I'm not sure why it would be giving you trouble.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-17 12:45:26

At 7/16/12 05:33 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Throw Edison on the mixer channel you are recording through, record into Edison, then edit as needed before dragging that into the actual play list.

i've had it working perfectly, playback while recording and such, directly into the playlist, using ASIO4ALL. now i'm trying to use the ASIO driver that came with the interface and it's messing up. i'd much rather not go back to using ASIO4ALL, since this driver is native to my interface and, if it were to work, i'm sure it'd sound excellent with very little latency.

would i be better off finding that thread that was made a while back about audio interfaces and asking there?

Are you sure that you don't want to use ASIO4ALL? On my Fast Track Pro, I absolutely hated the driver that came with it. I was much happier when I switched to ASIO4ALL. No more error messages, better sound quality. I would recommend you maybe look for a Fast Track Pro, a used one if you aren't willing to buy a new one. Sell your current one. Then you could use ASIO4ALL without any problems.

Here's a used M-Audio Fast Track Pro for $65. This is the interface that I use for all of my FL related work (I used to use it for audio outside of FL too, which also works very well)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-ONCE-M-Audio-Fast-Track-Pro-Dig ital-Recording-Interface-/261065972797?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0 &hash=item3cc8be9c3d#ht_466wt_77

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-17 12:47:37

NO NO NO NO NO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-Audio-Fast-Track-Pro-Digital-Recor ding-Interface-/200788718082?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item 2ebff0b202#ht_500wt_949

Go with THIS one. This one is ACTUALLY $65 dollars. The other one was a bid starting at 65. Also, 19 days till it expires.

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-17 12:48:46

One more thing is, I like to record directly into the playlist, rather than in Edison. Of course, we all have our preferences though

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-17 15:16:54

At 7/17/12 02:51 PM, LaForge wrote: i actually ended up switching to ASIO4ALL and have no issues. -_- fucking native drivers.

Haha, what did your buddy Kenny tell you? :P Yeah, my advice I gave came from experience. I've troubleshot before, and had similar problems as you.

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-17 15:19:59

Wait, which person were you replying to? Doesn't really matter. At least you got it working. Yeah, the drivers that come with the interface usually suck. That's the whole reason ASIO4ALL exists.

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-31 06:20:01

At 7/17/12 12:45 PM, Metallica1136 wrote:

Are you sure that you don't want to use ASIO4ALL? On my Fast Track Pro, I absolutely hated the driver that came with it. I was much happier when I switched to ASIO4ALL. No more error messages, better sound quality. I would recommend you maybe look for a Fast Track Pro, a used one if you aren't willing to buy a new one. Sell your current one. Then you could use ASIO4ALL without any problems.

Here's a used M-Audio Fast Track Pro for $65. This is the interface that I use for all of my FL related work (I used to use it for audio outside of FL too, which also works very well)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-ONCE-M-Audio-Fast-Track-Pro-Dig ital-Recording-Interface-/261065972797?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0 &hash=item3cc8be9c3d#ht_466wt_77

I used to use a Line 6 GX (Before upgrading to the KB37, which I love), and it was fantastic. it came with a driver that is automatically integrated into FL studio called "ASIO GX" and it was gorgeous. Much faster and more responsive than ASIO4ALL. The box has only one line, and a 1/8 "headphone jack, and it costs $ 99 new. Plus is that it does come with POD Farm, which is great for guitarists / bassists, but unnecessary for people who are not (even Running synths through pod farm is always fun and unique). also for $ 50 more dollars there is a version of it that have phantom power and standard quality mic inputs.
Anyways, my point was that Line 6 has good drivers for FL studio, and the box itself takes a lot of impact on what you do, which means that you can do more before the computer maxes out on resources.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-31 14:25:13

hi everyone!
i got a little problem. I love to use chiptune sounds in my songs and i want to use them well, but there is a demon that has been hunting me all this time... the vibrato.

can someone please help me with it? i really want to learn how to add a good vobrato to some long note with the 8-bit sound.

i use the magic8bitplug. If you know some plug in or maybe a aplication that help to add the vibrato i will be really thankfull

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-31 14:50:06

At 7/31/12 02:25 PM, NeXsard wrote: hi everyone!
i got a little problem.

Did you ever consider putting a high-speed LFO on the pitch?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-31 14:56:56

At 7/31/12 02:50 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 7/31/12 02:25 PM, NeXsard wrote: hi everyone!
i got a little problem.
Did you ever consider putting a high-speed LFO on the pitch?

????what is that?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-31 15:55:40

At 7/31/12 02:56 PM, NeXsard wrote: ????what is that?

LFO stands for 'low frequency oscillator'. It's an electronic signal that ceates a sweep or a pulse. You can use this pulse on anything: a filter, a volume knob or, in your case, on a pitch. Vibrato is nothing more than the pitch of a sound sweeping up and down, right? So when you put an LFO on the pitch of your sound, you should get the same effect.
To put an LFO on the pitch of your sound in FL Studio, open the channel settings of your instrument and right-click on the pitch knob, and then click 'Edit events'. Then, click on the tool in the upper-left corner of the screen you now get, and select 'LFO'. You'll now see a waveform that defines how your pitch will change over time. You'll also get a pop-up menu in which you can change the waveform's value, range, speed and even the waveform itself. Adjust these settings to your liking until you get a proper vibrato effect.

The more you learn...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-08-01 14:32:49

Question from me now.

How do I export a song with a 24-bit sample size? The FL manual says that every copy of Fl Studio 8 and further supports 24-bit rendering, but when I get the rendering options I can only select 16-bit int and 32-bit float.
Now I've read somewhere that when you go to your soundcard settings and you see 'Int32LSB' somewhere, it means that whenever you export a song in 32-bit it actuals export as 24-bit (for whatever reason). I use ASIO4ALL and it said 'Int32LSB' at the settings, but when I exported my song as 32-bit it actually STAYED 32-bit. Halp?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-08-01 18:35:08

At 7/31/12 02:25 PM, NeXsard wrote: i use the magic8bitplug. If you know some plug in or maybe a aplication that help to add the vibrato i will be really thankfull

I just google searched and in five minutes found jsvibrato and WatKat kit (which apparently includes vibrato)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-08-01 19:09:48

Forget that.

I just found something better.
M-Audio has a free downloadable VST pack that includes a *very* nice vibrato VST, with lots of controls and dynamics.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-08-02 05:23:50

At 8/1/12 02:32 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Halp?

That's very odd. I don't know of any way to solve your problem. All I can tell you is that I've got 24-bit rendering. You might have to contact Image-Line Customer Support, they should help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-08-02 09:11:37

At 8/1/12 02:32 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Now I've read somewhere that when you go to your soundcard settings and you see 'Int32LSB' somewhere, it means that whenever you export a song in 32-bit it actuals export as 24-bit (for whatever reason). I use ASIO4ALL and it said 'Int32LSB' at the settings, but when I exported my song as 32-bit it actually STAYED 32-bit. Halp?

It's a 32-bit floating point format, which is a little different to integer formats. Int32LSB is neither here nor there, really.
Basically you have the actual audio data which is 24-bits per sample, in addition to which is a 7-bit exponent for scaling and a 1-bit sign. SUPER basically, it's 24-bit audio with a lot of extra headroom.

ANYWAY I don't know why the 24-bit int option isn't available for you. I guess you might just need to convert it with Audacity :<

p.s. i am gay